Home

Mob Ecounters

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Mob Ecounters - 08/29/12 11:39 PM

Does anyone have any stories of you or someone you know seeing or around mob activity???

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/29/12 11:40 PM

or just seeing one (restaurant, bar, ect.)
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Does anyone have any stories of you or someone you know seeing or around mob activity???

This has been done before .

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=625059&page=1

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 12:21 AM

ight.. maybe they'll be some more though since that was a year ago

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 12:29 AM

I'll post one. I've been to an italian steakhouse in chicago and looks straight out the 40's. Cant assume but some of the guys in there fit the type. Another cool thing is that i saw parked Cadillacs in front of the no parking zone

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 12:31 AM

the food is awesome too grin
Posted By: SC

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 02:30 AM

ight.. maybe they'll be some more though since that was a year ago

In the future please add to any thread on a particular subject rather than starting a new one (even if the thread has been inactive for a while).

Thanks.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 02:30 AM

I'll post one. I've been to an italian steakhouse in chicago and looks straight out the 40's. Cant assume but some of the guys in there fit the type. Another cool thing is that i saw parked Cadillacs in front of the no parking zone

That's awesome!! Do you have anymore of these stories, I hope??!!

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela

I can't compete with that story but I once saw a Buick double parked outside a pizza place.
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 02:43 AM

I saw an Italian once. Didn't much care for him.

Him or his fancy shoes.

Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 02:48 AM

Rofl lol That made me laugh so hard

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

I can't compete with that story but I once saw a Buick double parked outside a pizza place.
[quote=carmela]That's awesome!! Do you have anymore of these stories, I hope??!!

No need to he assholes about it

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:12 AM

Just having some laughs. Relax.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:14 AM

No I wont its rude

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:22 AM

Hey you know what man. You've been a member for 4 days. You've posted 85 times. How many of those, and be honest with yourself, are of any real substance or are legitimately helpful, interactive or resourceful.
If you can't take light ribbing, then I am sorry that your feelings were hurt. Certainly wasn't my intention. But you are putting yourself out there with threads that are repeating questions/topics or posts which are truly unneeded or constructive to the topic at hand.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:24 AM

Guess what I don't care

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:27 AM

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:28 AM

Sorry for posting things I thought that was the point of this site
Posted By: strococs

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:29 AM

if you want to meet some mob guys show up when a mafia connected guys dies. make sure to bring a envelope lol
Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:34 PM

My Grandfather was a connected guy in the Marcello Family of NO not sure if he was made because he never discussed anything he did. Some of my grandfathers friends still come around for holidays and parties my grandfather died in 2006.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Montague
I saw an Italian once. Didn't much care for him.

Him or his fancy shoes.

lol
Posted By: Joerusso

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 04:38 PM

Everyday my uncle lol my mothers brother hes a old fart buts he made his name is always on here lol the funny thing he knows im like so interested and crazy about it right he always saids gotta be careful what I say around you instead of taking notes of the old man and his connections he recite it like the fuckin feds ...lmaol then he saids something in italian and saids our family history is to deep for this .... The truth he thinks like the history of our family been generations and he says im too close to the life to have this crazy fascination but its not like he tells me or show me anything ever at all lol thats what cracks me up everythong I learned I mean I see the people involved or whatever buts its normal now like when I was young now its I know that life isnt the same but im like a historian now basically lmaol
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 07:37 PM

Lay off the kid, seriously.

You guys may joke around and such, but it's not really helping him becoming a better member or the kind of welcome you need when you're new. So what he created a topic you don't deem worthy of these boards, why mock him for it? I've seen a lot of this lately, and it's not pleasant. New members need to be encouraged, not mocked.

My two cents. Just felt I had to say something.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:07 PM

Ofcourse new members should be encouraged, I've only been here 6 months myself.

But the quality of the forum and its boards are effected when new posters don't take the time to read/learn.

PLUS hes been spoken to about how to post/ what to post/ what not to post on several occasions already, so how can you blame people for starting to lose their patience and motivation to 'encourage'.

Plus his mocking comment to 2 senior members here who consistently add great information and insight to these forums (the REASON why this place gets new members and attention) in the Shout Box sparked the light ribbing to turn into a lecture-fest.

You can't blame people for wanting to keep these boards intelligent.

I've never heard anyone tell him to stop posting, I told him to post in quality instead of quantity.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987

You guys may joke around and such, but it's not really helping him becoming a better member or the kind of welcome you need when you're new. So what he created a topic you don't deem worthy of these boards, why mock him for it? I've seen a lot of this lately, and it's not pleasant. New members need to be encouraged, not mocked.

No ones saying the topic is not worthy it's just that it's been done before and it's not as if it's the first time he's created an already existing thread Mr. white knight .
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:13 PM

Ofcourse new members should be encouraged, I've only been here 6 months myself.

But the quality of the forum and its boards are effected when new posters don't take the time to read/learn.

PLUS hes been spoken to about how to post/ what to post/ what not to post on several occasions already, so how can you blame people for starting to lose their patience and motivation to 'encourage'.

Plus his mocking comment to 2 senior members here who consistently add great information and insight to these forums (the REASON why this place gets new members and attention) in the Shout Box sparked the light ribbing to turn into a lecture-fest.

You can't blame people for wanting to keep these boards intelligent.

I've never heard anyone tell him to stop posting, I told him to post in quality instead of quantity.

Even still, mocking him if he's a bad member doesn't make you any better. It makes you just as bad. It just fills this topic with bullshit and hatred. It should have been closed without these smart ass remarks. I'm not targeting you specifically. The older heads here have a tendency to really smack a guy for creating a dupe thread or for asking what they perceieve as "stupid questions". What you wrote is correct, I just don't feel it's necessary to mock him any further. That's all.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:23 PM

If my comment, which was completely in gest, and meant only light-hearted, offended him, then I guess I apologize. I tend to forget that not everyone has my sense of humor, or ANY sense of humor for that matter.

That being said, being on a mafia based forum, I'd think most would have a thicker skin, due to the nature alone of the content of the forum, but I guess not.
If I told you the truck load of PM's I've gotten over the years, as well as the public posts...asking if I'm a man, asking to see my boobs, calling me a lonely fat [BadWord] of a woman, blah blah blah, telling me to go suck a dick, blah blah blah, your heads would spin. And just like that damn energizer bunny, I'm still here and going and going. And most of the time, I appreciate a good joking around, even when I'm at the brunt of it. It's all good. If guys get out of line, though,I handle myself like I always have, no mods, no nothing... just me.

To me, it was just some good natured ribbing done in this thread with no offense meant. At least not from me.
Posted By: B_A_

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:29 PM

I thought his story was funny, that's something I suppose.
Posted By: GrandAve

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:55 PM

Let me guess, Gene and Georgettis? The only place where the real guys used to hang was Giannottis, out in Oak Brook (although the one in Schiller Park was frequented also). Joey the Clown, the builder, Difronzo, Borsellino, everyone used to be there. Changed owners around '06-07 i believe, and just isn't the same. The other place was Slicker Sams, in Melrose Park. Closed awhile back too. I grew up eating at that joint every Sunday. Nowadays in Chicago there aren't really any real Italian soulfood places left, except Gene and Georgetti. But all you see there are wannabes and lawyers.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:57 PM

Thanks LCN one of the few people on here who isn't a Dick. I don't care if the personn is a senior member or new they're still an asshole. Just tried to start a topic that would be interesting. Don't expect this site to go anywhere if you be a duechebag to people. Fucking hypocrits

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:58 PM

Yep that's the place

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 08:59 PM

Thanks LCN one of the few people on here who isn't a Dick. I don't care if the personn is a senior member or new they're still an asshole. Just tried to start a topic that would be interesting. Don't expect this site to go anywhere if you be a duechebag to people. Fucking hypocrits

Who was being a hypocrite ? And how?

Carmela you should be in the kitchen

Because they can say shit to people and its fine but its bad if someone else dors

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:00 PM

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:00 PM

You just opened a can of worms lol it was nice knowing you Nicky lol

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:02 PM

Oh but I was joking too. But its not okay if its not one the people who are allowed too

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:03 PM

Oh but I was joking too. But its not okay if its not one the people who are allowed too

Calm down you're getting angry over nothing it's only the internet

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:03 PM

You're right, but I don't know how to cook. So, if you would be so kind as to get off your mother for a second, maybe she could teach me?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:04 PM

You said something completely sexist, disrespectful and uncalled for.

Extremely different from the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE comments you received you poor poor baby. frown

She apologized to you too you dick.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:08 PM

OK. let's stop it now.

There's a difference between making light of a subject and name calling. It's a fine line and if you are thin-skinned you shouldn't walk that line.
Posted By: Rompipalle

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:13 PM

Damn, some of ya guys are grumpy ^

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:15 PM

You owe Carmela an apology. She was nice enough to apologize to you earlier, and then you counter with something like this?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:21 PM

It's all good. I'm not offended. The kid's just feeling cornered and attacked. It's fine.

And really...my husband's been telling me to get in the kitchen for nearly 16 years now, I'm numb to all that. wink

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

No ones saying the topic is not worthy it's just that it's been done before and it's not as if it's the first time he's created an already existing thread Mr. white knight .

Name another thread

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:24 PM

Sorry

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: GrandAve

Let me guess, Gene and Georgettis? The only place where the real guys used to hang was Giannottis, out in Oak Brook (although the one in Schiller Park was frequented also). Joey the Clown, the builder, Difronzo, Borsellino, everyone used to be there. Changed owners around '06-07 i believe, and just isn't the same. The other place was Slicker Sams, in Melrose Park. Closed awhile back too. I grew up eating at that joint every Sunday. Nowadays in Chicago there aren't really any real Italian soulfood places left, except Gene and Georgetti. But all you see there are wannabes and lawyers.

There are still mob hangouts around. And I dint think they were wannabea there

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:29 PM

Wannabes

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:29 PM

Name another thread

Your threads on the Bonnanos and Genovese have been done multiple times and i'm pretty sure you're one asking how many members has been done before .

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:32 PM

The genovese was a 2 part question one being posted th other not. I've read posts on Hereford probably 2 years and ive never seen anything about peak membership for each family

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:34 PM

OK, Nicky, you're now being warned to stop making snide remarks to our fellow members. DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:35 PM

What did I do I apologized
Posted By: Mark

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:37 PM

Nicky - please chill, bro. It's good to have you here and we do like to welcome new guys. smile Where are you from? I am in Chicagoland and know the places you guys listed above very well.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:37 PM

I think, SC, you're reading things out of context. Looking at it, he hasn't said anything disrespectful since his Kitchen comment.

Example: his post Wannabes was to correct spelling of a previous post

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Nicky - please chill, bro. It's good to have you here and we do like to welcome new guys. smile Where are you from? I am in Chicagoland and know the places you guys listed above very well.

South side. You?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:39 PM

What did I do I apologized

I think you apologized to Carmela, and that was fine. But you can't be calling members "assholes" and "hypocrites". Just drop it.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:41 PM

I think, SC, you're reading things out of context. Looking at it, he hasn't said anything disrespectful since his Kitchen comment.

Example: his post Wannabes was to correct spelling of a previous post

I'm to blame for the order in which I've replied.... I am having some computer issues and I'm only now replying to his posts made earlier today.

I just want it on record that he's been warned.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:47 PM

South side. You?

Grew up in the southwest suburbs and have tons of family throughout the city, and all surrounding suburbs... This is a great site with a lot of great people on board. You'll see! smile

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:54 PM

South side. You?

I missed asking you the obvious question - are you a fellow White Sox fan?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 09:58 PM

yes!

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:03 PM

Boo! Soxside < Northside

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:05 PM

yes!

You can put it on the boarrrrrd - yes! Outstanding! I am now not alone here. smile
Okay - back on topic... I'm sure the decades old restaurant/neighborhood bar on West Vernon Park Place has a lot of connected "characters" that hang around. I've seen a lot of "fellas" as well as Cadillacs and Lincolns out there! I don't want to post the name publicly because it really is a great neighborhood place and the family that runs it is terrific and totally legit.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:08 PM

Boo! Soxside < Northside

I am outgunned here by Cubs fans... Bam, GrandAve and now Montague! Sheesh! wink
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:08 PM

alittle off topic, but have any of you chicago folks ever been to david burke's primehouse? if not what is another great steakhouse?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:09 PM

yeah i dont wanna post the names of some places too

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:10 PM

The Rosebud is another good italian steakhouse which is supposedly owned by joe "the builder" Andriachi

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
alittle off topic, but have any of you chicago folks ever been to david burke's primehouse? if not what is another great steakhouse?

Never been there, FF but Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse and Mike Ditka's cook a great steak. Of course there is always the great Gibson's as well.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:12 PM

yeah i dont wanna post the names of some places too

You know the one I'm talking about? Don't post the name.
They got great fried calamari - deelish!

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:15 PM

no i dont know im saying i dont wanna post the names of same places. But if you say it id probably know

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:29 PM

no i dont know im saying i dont wanna post the names of same places. But if you say it id probably know

I hear you - some things are better left not said. I'm glad things turned around here after the rough patch. Well done, all.

"But -- that aside -- let me say that I swear -- on the souls of my children -- that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made here today..."
smile

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:33 PM

I hear you - some things are better left not said. I'm glad things turned around here after the rough patch. Well done, all.

Agreed, unless someone brings up this White Sox nonsense again. If so SC is gonna have to put on some ear muffs for the ensuing name calling tongue

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/30/12 10:35 PM

Agreed, unless someone brings up this White Sox nonsense again. If so SC is gonna have to put on some ear muffs for the ensuing name calling tongue

Lol! That is great! My guy - Little Tony Campana! BTW - I do like the Cubbies... just not as much as my beloved Sox!

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/31/12 12:09 AM

Well, it just shows humour and irony don't work well when they are written.

But more or less on topic and maybe also not a very funny story but it reminded me of NickeyEyses1 story:

I've never been in Chicago but I remember a posting from an Internet forum more or less like this from a long time ago and I'll try to rewrite it.
I don't recall the details, but anyway, this 'Chicago mob historian' wrote that he recieved the proof of W.Roemers newest book, they were pals. The proofreader went to a coffee-shop known to cater to some Chicago shady types and Outfit gangsters to read the manuscript and make suggestions or corrections. Apperently it didn't take long to catch the attention of the local crowd: 'Wow, you got the new Roemer, lemme see (Jagoff)'.
And after franticly flipping through the pages everyone was truly dissapointed that there where no photographs in the manuscript. Disenchanted the proof was returned. They're not bookish types, those gangsters.

I suppose you should have been there or read the original posting. But: true story!
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/31/12 07:03 AM

Just having some laughs. Relax.
Is this not considerednot "flaming" a poster? The wqy you all are talking to my.man Nicky?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/31/12 07:25 AM

No, it's not. You wanna spew your shit go back to Real Deal. Don't start fucking with me.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/31/12 07:43 AM

No, it's not. You wanna spew your shit go back to Real Deal. Don't start fucking with me.

If SC has a problem, then I have a problem.

So listen to him and act accordingly. Please.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 09:08 AM

^^^Isnt this some sort of snitching? rolleyes
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 01:06 PM

I think I posted this already but, here we go:
Where the Caffe Milleluci used to stand on 18th Ave. in Bensonhurst there is now a Dunkin Donuts. All media connected that to the disappearance of the mob from Brooklyn.

In the summer of 2009 I was walking in front of that store with some friends and guess who did I see having a donut? Tall Pete Inzerillo talking with some other guy.
Same summer, during the Santa Rosalia Soccer tournament held at the New Utrecth High School I saw Mr. Inzerillo again supporting the Sons of Palermo team (they won).

During the actual feast, I met one of the organizers, later arrested for being an alleged Colombo associate, Mr. Angelo Spata (small guy, second from left):

During the same feast (yes, it was an interesting week) I witnessed The bald guy on the left getting into a fight with a Throw-The-Arrow vendor in front of the Caffe Italia. They were divided by a bunch of guys in less than 20 secs.
The attacked, an African-American guy in his mid-20s, was later told to leave the area by both parties (friends of baldy and the owner of the ball vendor himself)...just in case.
Apparently Baldy didn't appreciate the fact that the guy was rushing him to throw the arrow and didn't allow him to concentrate.

If I had a nickle for every ethnic slur used by the bald guy during the -short- fight I could afford to have dinner with Obama.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 04:18 PM

is bensonhurst still mobbed up?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 05:52 PM

is bensonhurst still mobbed up?

Yes, but the Italian American population in general has become somewhat depleted. Most of the Italians left are older and somewhat isolated, and most of the small stores on Bay Parkway, 86th Street and even 18th Avenue are Chinese owned today.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:05 PM

Pizza boy is it safe to say the mobsters in Bensonhurst extort a lot of the Chinese that have moved in the are now?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:10 PM

A lot of Russians and Mexicans have also moved into Bensonhurst in the last ten years, or so.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Pizza boy is it safe to say the mobsters in Bensonhurst extort a lot of the Chinese that have moved in the are now?

I doubt it. Most extortionists prey on their own kind. And there's strength in numbers. Like I said, the Italian American population has dwindled significantly in Bensonhurst. A lot of Chinese, and like SC said, a lot of Mexicans and Russians.

Why should a Chinese or Russian shopkeeper fear some Goombah when they outnumber them? And the immigrants of today aren't nearly as afraid to call the law as they were fifty years ago.

Extortion rackets are becoming a thing of the past anyway. Go try to extort a Starbucks. With the amount of taxes they pay the government, you'll have everyone from the FBI to Homeland Security on you in ten minutes.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:23 PM

i dont get why all the italians left bensonhurst

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:23 PM

If they were to extort someone, it would be a small shop keeper or local business not a multi-million dollar company that's certain. Plus it's not a lucrative racket compared to other scams and things like gambling.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:25 PM

There's not many small shop keepers or local businesses left in some of these areas, many have been put out of business by these big companies.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:28 PM

Because we've assimilated and moved to the suburbs. We've bettered ourselves and fulfilled the dreams of our parents and grandparents who came to this country with that goal in mind.

I don't want to sound like a commercial for Ellis Island, but if the price that's paid for Italian Americans moving up in society is the Mafia losing its strength in neighborhoods in the Bronx and Brooklyn, that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:28 PM

It's a never-ending cycle in NYC. As the older immigrant groups prosper they move to nicer neighborhoods or the suburbs.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:31 PM

It's a never-ending cycle in NYC. As the older immigrant groups prosper they move to nicer neighborhoods or the suburbs.

Pretty much what I said in my reply, too, SC smile.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pretty much what I said in my reply, too, SC smile.

You replied faster than me. No fair picking on the old guy.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:34 PM

You replied faster than me. No fair picking on the old guy.

You're only 8 years older than I am. But thanks for reminding me frown lol.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:38 PM

i dont think thats a good thing though. i wish there were still neighborhoods like from the bronx tale

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:49 PM

i dont think thats a good thing though. i wish there were still neighborhoods like from the bronx tale

Do you feel like you were born too late or that you missed out on something?

I grew up a couple hundred yards away from Chazz Palminteri. He lived at 187th and Belmont Avenue. I grew up at 187th and Hoffman Street. He's 6 or 7 years older than me, though. My point is, I grew up in that area at that time. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, but I'm content that my children didn't grow up there.

To paraphrase the movie, When you're older you'll understand lol.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:54 PM

yeah i wish i did it seemed way better back then

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 06:57 PM

yeah i wish i did it seemed way better back then

I guess that's understandable. My son feels the same way smile.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 07:21 PM

I grew up a couple hundred yards away from Chazz Palminteri. He lived at 187th and Belmont Avenue. I grew up at 187th and Hoffman Street. He's 6 or 7 years older than me, though. My point is, I grew up in that area at that time. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, but I'm content that my children didn't grow up there.

And even Palminteri got out. grin He lives out here near me in Central Jersey, now...well, he did at least 5 years or so ago, anyway, in Colts Neck.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/01/12 11:22 PM

"I don't care how many pies Palminteri ordered, pizzaboy! You're not making deliveries to that bar anymore!"
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 12:18 AM

Jimmy Emma, Jerry 'Bear' Papa & Sammy 'Bull' Gravano. Also Nicky 'Cowboy' Mormando. I grew up in Bensonhurst/Dyker Hgts at the same time as the above & went to New Utrect HS as did Sammy. Jimmy went to Lafayette HS & was the only one that finished HS. I was closest to Jimmy & Jerry & considered them true friends. Sammy, while close to Papa was never close to me. Nicky came latter, so while I did know him to say hello, that was about it.

Jimmy was killed a few days before my return to NY & that was that. I never really ran with them or others afterward.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 12:28 AM

There are, but they're going fast. Bensonhurst & Dyker Hgts while still having a sizable Italian population are fast turning Chinese, Russian & Mexican. Plus, hard to believe I know, even the old South Brooklyn still has plenty of Italians left. But we're like dinosaurs & won't be around long.

It's an immigration issue; if an Italian is going to leave Italy- and why would he/she, the Italians live pretty good now, at least equal to the USA-- there are plenty of places to go that are closer to home and offer greater opportunities for immigrants.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: alexm1122
There are, but they're going fast. Bensonhurst & Dyker Hgts while still having a sizable Italian population are fast turning Chinese, Russian & Mexican. Plus, hard to believe I know, even the old South Brooklyn still has plenty of Italians left. But we're like dinosaurs & won't be around long.

It's an immigration issue; if an Italian is going to leave Italy- and why would he/she, the Italians live pretty good now, at least equal to the USA-- there are plenty of places to go that are closer to home and offer greater opportunities for immigrants.

I agree it's an immigration issue, or at least it was. My husband moved from Sicily to Bensonhurst just in time to finish up his senior year of HS at New Utrecht. He had a grandmother here at the time on Bay 14th St, so that made it easier for them to come over.
But to say Italians live pretty good now, is not true. Unless, you consider living in a near to 3rd world country living well?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 01:17 AM

I agree it's an immigration issue, or at least it was. My husband moved from Sicily to Bensonhurst just in time to finish up his senior year of HS at New Utrecht. He had a grandmother here at the time on Bay 14th St, so that made it easier for them to come over.
But to say Italians live pretty good now, is not true. Unless, you consider living in a near to 3rd world country living well?

I'd say second world. I've visited Italy many times but only been as south as Rome, the rest is just too hot for me during the times I'm free. I'd love to see it one day.
But anyway, the north is a wealthy place, where people seem to do live prettty good and are as affluent as any Northern-European or American people. In Rome, the squalor begins. But in these globalised times it seems that even the Mezzogiorne as a coveted place to be for immigrants, although it's just a gateway to the rest of Western Europe for many of those. But the mass immigration from the south of Italiy has stopped. I guess people must be really almost starving to do such a thing. Why would anyone give up a life in Africa to sell cheap sunglasses an other crap in Italy. Always wondered about that.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: B_A_

I'd say second world. I've visited Italy many times but only been as south as Rome, the rest is just too hot for me during the times I'm free. I'd love to see it one day.
But anyway, the north is a wealthy place, where people seem to do live prettty good and are as affluent as any Northern-European or American people. In Rome, the squalor begins. But in these globalised times it seems that even the Mezzogiorne as a coveted place to be for immigrants, although it's just a gateway to the reat of Western Europe for many of those. But the mass immigration from the south of Italiy has stopped. I guess people must be really almosst starving to do such a thing. Why would anyone give up a life in Africa to sell cheap sunglasses an other crap in Italy. Always wondered about that.

I can agree totally with what you're saying with regard to the north, especially Rome, Firenze, Bologna, places like that.

But when speaking about the ones that emigrated to Bensonhurst and other parts of Brooklyn, those are Sicilians, so those are the ones I was talking about.
And even today in Sicily, jobs are few, many people live just above poverty level and to compare their lifestyle to USA is absurd. They are a happy people, regardless, and eating well and having family around them is all it takes to keep them happy. But economically, they suffer.

Opposite to you, I've never really been to the north of Sicily, unfortunately. Just to land at Rome airport. lol And yes...summer is HOT!!!! haha

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 01:58 AM

My post was based on my own observations; I have been to Italy two times in the last 20 or so years & saw that in my last visit that everybody had a car or scooter. My Uncles cofirmed this, saying yes it's just like the US - 6 people in an apartment, 6 cars. And yes while it seems no one is working, there are plenty of places here in the US where everyone is always having lunch.

The other part of my thesis was that there were other places to go. Germany & Switzerland are close by Italy. An overnight train trip. And there is Australia which is begging Europeans to come before the entire nation is Chinese. And New Zealand.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: B_A_

But anyway, the north is a wealthy place, where people seem to do live prettty good and are as affluent as any Northern-European or American people. In Rome, the squalor begins. But in these globalised times it seems that even the Mezzogiorne as a coveted place to be for immigrants, although it's just a gateway to the reat of Western Europe for many of those. But the mass immigration from the south of Italiy has stopped. I guess people must be really almosst starving to do such a thing. Why would anyone give up a life in Africa to sell cheap sunglasses an other crap in Italy. Always wondered about that.

I can agree totally with what you're saying with regard to the north, especially Rome, Firenze, Bologna, places like that.

But when speaking about the ones that emigrated to Bensonhurst and other parts of Brooklyn, those are Sicilians, so those are the ones I was talking about.
And even today in Sicily, jobs are few, many people live just above poverty level and to compare their lifestyle to USA is absurd. They are a happy people, regardless, and eating well and having family around them is all it takes to keep them happy. But economically, they suffer.

Opposite to you, I've never really been to the north of Sicily, unfortunately. Just to land at Rome airport. lol And yes...summer is HOT!!!! haha

Well, I've only been there as a tourist, I can't even remember now how may times: more than five, less tham ten, so I'm not an expert, but not totally ignorant. Some parts of the north of Italy like Tuscany seem like paradise on earth to me,(a crude Batavian). I suppose there are more places like that in the world: for instance the Provance region in France and maybe even parts of California, the later I've never visited yet. Yet Firenze, even though it's a Disneyland packed with tourists like me is a treasure, a city full of wonders for the culturalry and historicly interested (end of sponsorend message from the Tuscan-tourism council, but yes, you should visit the place).
Well, as long as they can eat well and don't starve I guess they are doing too well to mass emigrate to the US or Northern-Europe and the Amricain LCN lost it's breeding farm. Perhaps over 50 years in America people will be talking about Latin OC. I suppose that's a good thing for the American-Italians.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 02:45 AM

Uh-uh-uh. One more thing I almost forgot, Italy has had the lowest population growth in the world for quite a few years now, so there just aren't as many Italians to go around. wink

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 02:57 AM

Uh-uh-uh. One more thing I almost forgot, Italy has had the lowest population growth in the world for quite a few years now, so there just aren't as many Italians to go around. wink

Yes, that's true. Do you know if there is a difference beteween North- and South-Italians in that matter? Or is it because most Italians seem to want to live with their mothers untill they are 33?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 03:04 AM

That's 53.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 04:06 AM

anyway italians ended moving in the states in the 60s and the mafia is still alive
they create the structure over there and they needn't new italians but just italian-american to go on
nowadays the southern italians move only to north italy and germany to a lesser extent
south italy is still one of the poorest areas in the UE, although poverty in europe is really a joke compared to africa
but for the european standards is poor

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 12:35 PM

B_A_, So. Italians are not knuckle-draggers. FYI, Naples gave us Pizza & Opera. I have read that Michaelangelo Buonarati was born in Naples (other sources cite Tuscany). Gianni Versace is a native of Calabria.

The North gave us Benito Mussolini & the Fascists.

Anyone, pls feel free to enter this conversation.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 12:39 PM

Carmela, You need to go to Venice. There is no other place in the world like Venice. Next time you go, insist on it.

You know that there are brown UPS gondolas. OK, maybe not gondolas but close enuff. wink

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 04:14 PM

B_A_, So. Italians are not knuckle-draggers. FYI, Naples gave us Pizza & Opera. I have read that Michaelangelo Buonarati was born in Naples (other sources cite Tuscany). Gianni Versace is a native of Calabria.

The North gave us Benito Mussolini & the Fascists.

Anyone, pls feel free to enter this conversation.

No, I never thought they were.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 08:40 PM

Carmela, You need to go to Venice. There is no other place in the world like Venice. Next time you go, insist on it.

You know that there are brown UPS gondolas. OK, maybe not gondolas but close enuff. wink

I don't know, maybe. I never had any real desire to go to Venice. We only ever go to Sicily so often b/c my husband still has his beach house there that he grew up in and we go to his town, then to my father's town, but still all over Sicily.
I guess one day we'll go north, but I'm not the real touristy type for hiking around looking at old history. lol

Maybe one day I'll add to this mob encounters thread with my own encounters. I wouldn't even know where to start, though. grin wink

You made a good first post in here Alex, I forgot to mention. Guess you've met quite a few guys.
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

If SC has a problem, then I have a problem.

So listen to him and act accordingly. Please.

First odd i dont have one bit of a problem with you, but SC is a walking talking contridiction. He tells posters not to gang up on or CURSE other posters because of the "family friendly" aspect of the forum but will turn around and do the samething in another thread, most of the time with worse langague, harsher commements and the worst part is he comes from a police mens point of veiw that the rules dont apply to him. I dont see how you can stand off by the way side and not do anything about th biggst "flamer" on th forum. If this gets me kicked off so.be it but it really isnt right for SC to be abpe to turn his blue lights on and speed past every stop light on the forum that the rest of us have to sto at before even getting to speed up to get past th yellow light.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 11:14 PM

Has he done anything to YOU, personally, daniel? No? Then what the fuck???
PM this stuff to Geoff or whoever, but quit taking topics, off topic.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
First odd i dont have one bit of a problem with you, but SC is a walking talking contridiction. He tells posters not to gang up on or CURSE other posters because of the "family friendly" aspect of the forum but will turn around and do the samething in another thread, most of the time with worse langague, harsher commements and the worst part is he comes from a police mens point of veiw that the rules dont apply to him. I dont see how you can stand off by the way side and not do anything about th biggst "flamer" on th forum. If this gets me kicked off so.be it but it really isnt right for SC to be abpe to turn his blue lights on and speed past every stop light on the forum that the rest of us have to sto at before even getting to speed up to get past th yellow light.

Buh bye.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/02/12 11:55 PM

Speaking of encounters, I think I just witnessed a HIT

tongue

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 12:00 AM

He's not kicked off permenantlyis he?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 12:00 AM

Ok, let me start off nice and easy to get this puppy back on track, and share one story:

When I was 19, I met a guy who insisted on taking me out. Something wasn't right about him, but he wouldn't give up. So I agreed. Well, he turned out to be a creep like I thought. Anyway, I was already living in Jersey when I met him. After a couple weeks knowing him, he'd ask if we could take rides to Queens, but using my car. I was young, I was naive, I agreed. He'd always have to swing by this mechanic's garage in Queens, first, to pick up an envelope(s) and I'd have to wait in the car. Then he'd go double park in front of houses or businesses around queens and bklyn, and run the envelope in to somebody. One day, he told me to come into the garage with him. Turns out it was Jr. Gotti in there working on bikes and cars and such, and this coked up schmuck I was seeing was working for him running these envelopes. After that, he'd always take me inside and leave me there to hang out while he'd go run his envelopes with MY CAR! One day, I finally HAD it with this guy, I was done. He took me on another one of his runs, and while he was in the house, i jumped in the driver seat and left, and I never went back. Do you know the prick never called me after that? grin
Anyway, this was a Jr. Gotti story. And as for meeting and hanging out somewhat with Jr, I can say he was an arrogant guy, never mind the fact he was hitting on me everytime coke head left me alone there.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 12:06 AM

Now THAT is a great story.

And every father-with-a-daughter's worst nightmare, Thanks for sharing

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 12:12 AM

Now THAT is a great story.

And every father-with-a-daughter's worst nightmare, Thanks for sharing

This was 1991. So, was Jr. made, not made..married not married, I have no idea. But that's the story. And the guy I was "seeing" was Fillipe Dimaria, or Diamaria, I don't even remember, but it was one of those.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 03:16 AM

^^^Yes, Gotti Jr was made on Christmas Eve 1988 along with Mikey Scars DiLeonardo and Skinny Dom Pizzonia

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 07:30 AM

Ok, let me start off nice and easy to get this puppy back on track, and share one story:

When I was 19, I met a guy who insisted on taking me out. Something wasn't right about him, but he wouldn't give up. So I agreed. Well, he turned out to be a creep like I thought. Anyway, I was already living in Jersey when I met him. After a couple weeks knowing him, he'd ask if we could take rides to Queens, but using my car. I was young, I was naive, I agreed. He'd always have to swing by this mechanic's garage in Queens, first, to pick up an envelope(s) and I'd have to wait in the car. Then he'd go double park in front of houses or businesses around queens and bklyn, and run the envelope in to somebody. One day, he told me to come into the garage with him. Turns out it was Jr. Gotti in there working on bikes and cars and such, and this coked up schmuck I was seeing was working for him running these envelopes. After that, he'd always take me inside and leave me there to hang out while he'd go run his envelopes with MY CAR! One day, I finally HAD it with this guy, I was done. He took me on another one of his runs, and while he was in the house, i jumped in the driver seat and left, and I never went back. Do you know the prick never called me after that? grin
Anyway, this was a Jr. Gotti story. And as for meeting and hanging out somewhat with Jr, I can say he was an arrogant guy, never mind the fact he was hitting on me everytime coke head left me alone there.

Very often example...the point is(i know you know this)he used you for your car so he can run his business,a lot of guys i know from back in the days used their girls cars for their own purpose but some of the girls were soooo stupid taht didnt realized what was happening,some of em even used their homes to keep drugs,guns and cash...."that's amore" tongue

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 02:38 PM

The fact that Italian Dom, many Inzerillos and several reputed mobbed-up social clubs are all based in Bensonhurst shows how we have to wait to cheer...soon tho.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 03:31 PM

So it's gambino territory?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 03:50 PM

Dunno. I once read that some Colombos were in the area (see Spata).
Still, many social clubs are simply reputed mob hangouts due to some members being labelled as such.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped

Very often example...the point is(i know you know this)he used you for your car so he can run his business,a lot of guys i know from back in the days used their girls cars for their own purpose but some of the girls were soooo stupid taht didnt realized what was happening,some of em even used their homes to keep drugs,guns and cash...."that's amore" tongue

That bastard!!! grin

Next encounter: When I got married in the mid 90's, Frank Cali and his parents attended the reception. Frank's dad had been a long time friend of my father-in-law from back in Sicily. A few here know this already and an even fewer have seen a photo of Frank and I at my wedding.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/03/12 05:10 PM

You should post the pic but first scratch your face on the pic for any case and your husbands face of course,dont wanna get him in any trouble now do you wink
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 08:18 PM

Great Story.. Jr. Gotti looks like he did a lot of juice.
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 08:31 PM

I was walking down Sullivan Street back in the early-1980s and remember seeing some guys running away from a car, shouting something about rats. Turns out that Selwyn Raab also wrote about it in Five Families!
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 10:13 PM

I saw liborio bellomo once was walking in New York and went into a bar sat at the bar andsaw him at the other end i raised my glass to him drunk my scotch got up and walked out
Posted By: JasonAnthony74

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Great Story.. Jr. Gotti looks like he did a lot of juice.

Junior always seemed (at least in pictures) to try way too hard to act like a tough guy. He needed steroids and weight lifting to make him feel like "man's man"! Deep down he was probably anything but!

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 11:10 PM

He had to equal or better his father in terms of reputation. Like Anthony Soprano Jr. He had to do the whole club scene, buying expensive wine to 'live the life' with his crew and act like his father. Trouble is, when the bill comes also comes the realisation that the things he does are strictly small time. Junior Gotti was weak, but couldn't flip.

Why? Because his father stood by Omerta. So did he.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DeMeo
He had to equal or better his father in terms of reputation. Like Anthony Soprano Jr. He had to do the whole club scene, buying expensive wine to 'live the life' with his crew and act like his father. Trouble is, when the bill comes also comes the realisation that the things he does are strictly small time. Junior Gotti was weak, but couldn't flip.

I don't think his father had anything to do with it you could say the same about Sonny Franzese and his sone became an informant .

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/08/12 11:51 PM

I don't think his father had anything to do with it you could say the same about Sonny Franzese and his sone became an informant .

But Sonny Franzese wasn't as arrogant and egotistical as John Gotti. For you to compare Franzese and Gotti is insane.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/09/12 12:19 AM

But Sonny Franzese wasn't as arrogant and egotistical as John Gotti. For you to compare Franzese and Gotti is insane.

You gave the reason Junior didn't flip as his father stood by omerta all i was saying was so did Sonny and his son flipped i wasn't comparing their characters .
Posted By: jace

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/09/12 05:50 AM

I was walking down Sullivan Street back in the early-1980s and remember seeing some guys running away from a car, shouting something about rats. Turns out that Selwyn Raab also wrote about it in Five Families!

What did Selwyn Raab say was story behind that incident ?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/09/12 06:18 AM

Sullivan St. is where Gigante hung around. The FBI who watched the place use to have this technique that was part psychological warfare and part practical joke. They'd have an agent put a paper bag over his head, kinda like Igor Gouzenko, and drive by the club as if an Informant was pointing out people and naming names.

Its an old and tested theory that when a criminal reacts in fear or under pressure, he slips up.

Didn't really work with the calculated Gigante.
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Mob Ecounters - 02/13/13 07:33 AM

Cool thread after all...once you get 4 pages in.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 02/13/13 10:19 PM

I almost got kicked off for this thread lol
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Mob Ecounters - 02/14/13 01:39 AM

I didnt really know him when he was young, but from the stories ive heard and knowing him now, Junior has really mellowed out. All the guys on here talkin a bunch of shit about him dont know him. Going off what u read about the guy when he was young and in the life, yeah he seemed like a spoiled jerkoff. Ive heard he himself call himself a punk. Honestly, imo he wasnt meant for the life.... But whatever thats neither here nor there. Those that know me know i dont suck up to these kindof guys. Hes a nice guy, and u wont hear me say a bad word about him or any of his relatives.

Nice ass house to.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: Mob Ecounters - 02/14/13 01:51 AM

I once got drunk and asked if the owner of a local bar knew a fairly well known reputed hit man/street crew boss who was known to hang out there. We were standing in the alley; he was smoking, I was leaving. He asked "yep;who wants to know?" I didnt know what to say so said "maybe I want to make a bet or something." He said "we don't take bets in this bar!"

I got the hell out and dint go back for about a year.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 02/14/13 02:16 AM

Lmao i got chased out of a bar once bc i was handing out like sixety football cards to everyperson in the bar! I was like 17... I offered to sell cards (no commission) too a bartender i knew for 40 per 100 cards... He could just email me the lines and id print them. The guy was a dope, he forgot that u cant adjust lines once the tickets have been printed, and he just used the vegas lines, which no one would lay off for, hed have to buy a point at a online book (and not beteagle mind you...) and hed still lose anywhere from .18-.25 per point... Needless to say, by the end of October he was asking if i could loan him money for rent.... Nah bro....
Posted By: TonyJack

Re: Mob Ecounters - 02/14/13 02:47 AM

I cant stop laughing at the face that u would jump in the driver sat and leave em lol

Re: Mob Ecounters - 04/27/13 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
I didnt really know him when he was young, but from the stories ive heard and knowing him now, Junior has really mellowed out. All the guys on here talkin a bunch of shit about him dont know him. Going off what u read about the guy when he was young and in the life, yeah he seemed like a spoiled jerkoff. Ive heard he himself call himself a punk. Honestly, imo he wasnt meant for the life.... But whatever thats neither here nor there. Those that know me know i dont suck up to these kindof guys. Hes a nice guy, and u wont hear me say a bad word about him or any of his relatives.

Nice ass house to.

Do you care to elaborate on your encounter with Gotti Jr. For what reason did he call himself a punk?
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Mob Ecounters - 04/30/13 01:55 AM

Very interesting.
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Mob Ecounters - 04/30/13 02:58 PM

I have interacted with Tough Tony.
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Mob Ecounters - 04/30/13 06:47 PM

Here is a story from Brookwood Country Club. It was a club in DuPage essentially FOR the Outfit and owned by Jackie Cerone Jr. and Anthony Solano (Vincent's son who is a land developer.) Everyone from Tony Accardo to Jack Tocco of Detroit would play here regularly and the card games at night would go on for hours and hours on end.

If you ever caddied for Sam Urbana then you knew he cheated his ass off--mainly dropping new balls conveniently when his original ball had a bad lie or was unplayable. If Joe Lombardo was in the same foursome, he would hand Sam's caddy a few "special" balls and a benjamin if you handed that one to Sam. Most caddies were put between a rock and a hard place--Sam was a mean fuck but most knew Lumbo's reputation so they went along with it. The balls exploded and every time Sam hit one, Lumbo would erupt in laughter and give the caddies a lesson on cheating at Sam's expense. Lumbo pulled the same gambit on a few other guys too.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 04/30/13 08:59 PM

Hey Chitown when and why did Brookwood close?
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/01/13 01:53 PM

Hey Chitown when and why did Brookwood close?

I believe it closed in the 1980s. Solano now owns Black Sheep CC in Sugar Grove and a lot of the same types play there.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/01/13 02:00 PM

WTF!?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/01/13 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR
My Grandfather was a connected guy in the Marcello Family of NO not sure if he was made because he never discussed anything he did. Some of my grandfathers friends still come around for holidays and parties my grandfather died in 2006.

So what is the LCN status, membership list for the NoLa family? Anyone left? Any info?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/01/13 02:11 PM

And even Palminteri got out. grin He lives out here near me in Central Jersey, now...well, he did at least 5 years or so ago, anyway, in Colts Neck.

I did not know Chaz moved to my old hometown. Queen Latifah and David Bryan from Bon Jovi lives in Colts Neck. Nice place.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/01/13 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz

I did not know Chaz moved to my old hometown. Queen Latifah and David Bryan from Bon Jovi lives in Colts Neck. Nice place.

I'm not sure if he's still around here, but back in late 90's...,maybe 98 or 99, my husband put pavers at the entrance of his house. That's the only way I knew he was out here. Close to Queen Latifah, but she's since left, I know that for sure.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/02/13 10:02 PM

My grandfather had told me a story of a guy he knew in must of been the 50's or 60's and this guy was an up and coming musician. And the guy was on his way to being a star. So one night this guy was on the road and at a hotel and some mob guys came to his room. They wanted him to sign a contract giving them lots of his royalties or something and he refused and my grandfather said he never became a star and they stopped playing his music on the radio.
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 01:45 AM

my friend growing up once parked in roy demeos spot in front of the gemini..............he was never seen again
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 03:25 AM

So what is the LCN status, membership list for the NoLa family? Anyone left? Any info?

Joseph Gagliano is made. Jack Gagliano is too, I believe. But that's about it. There hasn't been a case involving the family in nearly 20 years. It's defunct.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 02:19 PM

I usually skip these threads so I will just tell this one quick funny story. I didn't actually see it happen but I was at the block party when Sonny Mazzone bit a piece of a guys ear off because he was beeping his horn trying to get by.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
I usually skip these threads so I will just tell this one quick funny story. I didn't actually see it happen but I was at the block party when Sonny Mazzone bit a piece of a guys ear off because he was beeping his horn trying to get by.

Did he swallow?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 03:32 PM

Apparently Mike Tyson saw that too. Tyson is sucha copycat. whistle
Posted By: spmob

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 05:49 PM

I think he had it dipped in Gold and now wears in around his neck. smile

Didn't someone else recently bite someones ear in some sport. Not one of the 4 major sports

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/03/13 06:03 PM

I think he had it dipped in Gold and now wears in around his neck. smile

Didn't someone else recently bite someones ear in some sport. Not one of the 4 major sports

A soccer player named Luis Suarez who plays striker forward position for Liverpool F.C. in the British Premier league was being held by the arm by a defender, Ivanovich, from the Chelsea F.C. When Suarez could not get him to let go of his arm, he bit him on the neck. I was watching the game when it happened. It is the third time Suarez has been cited for biting other players. Luis Suarez is one of the best goal scorers/soccer players in the world. His biting habit aside, he is a bad-ass.
Posted By: stevapalooza

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/04/13 03:49 AM

My mother still talks about the time Joe Gallo gave her change for a payphone as a kid.

Originally Posted By: Big Alex

Old Italian Bensonhurst still exists. It just got relocated to Staten Island. And it's like the same families even. Whenever I want to visit people I knew as a kid in Bensonhurst, I just go to Staten island. Sooner or later I'll run into one. Some people call it "Brooklyn 2"
Posted By: justie_sticks

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/05/13 11:05 PM

I had a friend in the joint a couple of years ago, old italian guy named souza (everybody was called by there last name especialy if you had a strange one) but anyway, he was from williamsburg brooklyn where his father owned a store back in 20's 30's & 40's & his dad would tell him stories about how salvatore maranzano would come in to the store & sometimes they would talk for hours. He said that maranzano was really into greek mythology. Needles to say, souza became my best friend after he told me that story!!!!
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 05:35 PM

WTF!?

That's fucking hilarious.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 06:39 PM

Lol. The thread that never dies.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 06:55 PM

so wonderful

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:00 PM

I admit I worded that story pretty badly but ask anyone from Chicago, they'll tell you the same thing about that restaurant.
Almost forgot to say, respect cheech.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:07 PM

theyll tell you what? cadillacs park out front in no parking zones?

bawabwabhbahbahbahbhbahb

cmon bro, get a friggin clue

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:10 PM

i was 8, im in the yankee hat

saint mary madeline social club softball team....there is your encounter
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:16 PM

My mother met Anthony Scotto and said he was incredibly charming, but had the largest hands and most fearsome handshake.

My father was big in the NYC bar scene in the 80's. At his favorite dive bar, a mobster sat beside him and the two quickly made friends. The next night, my father walked in and playfully put his arm around the guy's shoulder. His men pinned my dad against the wall ready to kill him until the boss of the group explained he didn't mean anything by it. I wish I knew who he was. Ill ask my dad for the name, and the name of the bar because the bar was mob run. A cop would walk in while people were doing blow and he would avert his eyes and say 'I hope no one is doing something bad!' Basically for appearances he would check the place out but was on the take, you know? I assume the guy in this story was a made guy but I don't know for sure until I get the name of the bar.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:19 PM

Charlies Roost - Tionesta, PA During the 60's 70's & 80's

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:32 PM

Lol i usually hate cops but there are some chill ones out there that care about keeping the nhood safe instead of ruining ppls lives. Best cop encounter for me was it was about 1 am when a bunch of us kids went to a dugout at this baseball feild to smoke. We were all baked as fuck probly loud as shit too, we see what looks like a flashlight and start to freak out and we hear steps going right up to the entrence and we got this cop shining his flash light on all these kids all completely fucking baked. He sees us about to crawl under the fence and says Dont worry guys its all cool, i just wanted to make sure you guys werent doing meth or anything". He tells us to be safe and as he leaves smy buddy says "good thing he didnt see my meth" lol he yells out i heard that! Hahaha. Kinda lame now that i think about it but i dont have any good cop storys frown
Posted By: 12thStreet

Re: Mob Ecounters - 07/31/13 07:37 PM

THESE FUCKING STORIES LOL...One day in Cicero 1986 the Latin Kings were having a pig roast in Cicero. Cook County showed up with the Undertaker Vice Lords and instead of having a rumble, they decided to show off the hydraulics in their lowriders in a battle of the switches. Upon hearing that the blacks and the Mexicans were having a gettogether, Ferriola and the Wild Bunch showed up. Rocky Infelise bitch slapped Gino Colon. When the VL's started shooting, Fat Ass Sarno sat on 3 of them and called 26th Street for back-up after which Jimmy LaPietra showed up and hung Willie Lloyd on a meat hook through his rectum like Action Jackson. When Lloyd seemed to enjoy it after having been in the joint for 10 years, Elmwood Park was called so John DiFronzo rushed over and ejaculated just as ANP says he did...THE END..:)
Posted By: DaneDane

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 09:13 PM

I sort of have a story. My uncle (my father's older brother) died under very mysterious circumstances in 1981, after becoming extremely wealthy under equally mysterious circumstances. We live in Louisiana (and are not Italian), but he married a woman from Illinois and moved there in the 60's. At first he was working as a printer's apprentice. But every time he would come down to visit the family, the wads of bills he would pull out got bigger and bigger. Later he told us that he bought the printing company he had been working at and said he was involved in real estate. One summer we packed up and went and visited him. It was like a friggin' resort. He lived in a mansion on 80 acres. He had his own lake with a pavillion, golf carts and three wheelers, the whole nine. After that, we went every summer! He was like a celebrity in Peoria. He had a larger than life personality and everybody seemed to know him. My dad worshipped him. On our last visit he confided to my dad that he had become associated with some "Italian businessmen" from Chicago, with a wink. My dad begged him to be careful. He said there was nothing to worry about. One night, the following winter, I heard my dad saying, "NO, NO!" My mom was trying to hug him and calm him down, but he ran out of the house. Then she told us. My dad's sister had just called her. My uncle had committed suicide, he had been found dead in his garage (carbon monoxide poisoning). My father was inconsolable and didn't believe that for a second. He, along with other family members demanded an investigation. A suicide note was found in the car, but it was typed. And it wasn't typed on the typewriter found in my uncle's home or office (nor had anyone ever seen my uncle type anything). Nor was it typed on paper that could be found in his home or office. Also, his body was found outside of the car. Almost to the door of the garage. He appeared to be crawling towards it when he succumbed. His cause of death was changed to "undetermined." But nobody was ever charged.

The end. Hope that wasn't too long winded.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 09:41 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. I can imagine the agony suffered by your family after your uncle´s death.

Now, that´s a hell of an avatar! wink

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Thanks for sharing your story. I can imagine the agony suffered by your family after your uncle´s death.

I searched long and hard for just the right one! Now they'll either think I'm a girl or gay...or five.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DaneDane

I searched long and hard for just the right one! Now they'll either think I'm a girl or gay...or five.

lol

We´ll find you another one.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 10:00 PM

You searched long and hard and came up with Pooh? grin

Interesting story, by the way.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 10:13 PM

Thanks! Actually Mr. Knuckles came up with that one, jokingly suggesting it after he had mistaken me for a guy. But I liked it!

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 10:16 PM

Thanks! Actually Mr. Knuckles came up with that one, jokingly suggesting it after he had mistaken me for a guy. But I liked it!

So you are a girl? Ok well that makes it a little better. haha

And I use the name carmela, I put Heidi Klum as my avatar and they still think I'm a guy, so be whoever you want to be!!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 10:52 PM

And I use the name carmela, I put Heidi Klum as my avatar and they still think I'm a guy, so be whoever you want to be!!

I have been following the boards for MONTHS before I signed up last month and have wondered who that was the whole time....lol.

DaneDane I love Louisiana. Was down in Metairie and Bucktown last August/September after Hurricane Isaac hit. I love my Cajun food! (Now I need to go thaw out my Boudin)

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 11:40 PM

So you are a girl? Ok well that makes it a little better. haha

Ohhhh, it's Heidi, I thought it was Lita Ford!

Very nice to meet you smile I get the feeling we are in the minority here. lol

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/03/13 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

I have been following the boards for MONTHS before I signed up last month and have wondered who that was the whole time....lol.

DaneDane I love Louisiana. Was down in Metairie and Bucktown last August/September after Hurricane Isaac hit. I love my Cajun food! (Now I need to go thaw out my Boudin)

I live about an hour and a half from there. I tell ya, them hurricanes won't cut us no kinda slack! But this season is looking pretty calm so far, so come on down smile But let me warn you, it is hot as hell!
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/04/13 01:14 AM

I had a one night stand with a connected guys daughter.......so i guess it was a mob and a casual encounter.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/04/13 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: 12thStreet
THESE FUCKING STORIES LOL...One day in Cicero 1986 the Latin Kings were having a pig roast in Cicero. Cook County showed up with the Undertaker Vice Lords and instead of having a rumble, they decided to show off the hydraulics in their lowriders in a battle of the switches. Upon hearing that the blacks and the Mexicans were having a gettogether, Ferriola and the Wild Bunch showed up. Rocky Infelise bitch slapped Gino Colon. When the VL's started shooting, Fat Ass Sarno sat on 3 of them and called 26th Street for back-up after which Jimmy LaPietra showed up and hung Willie Lloyd on a meat hook through his rectum like Action Jackson. When Lloyd seemed to enjoy it after having been in the joint for 10 years, Elmwood Park was called so John DiFronzo rushed over and ejaculated just as ANP says he did...THE END..:)

LMAO

Re: Mob Ecounters - 08/04/13 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
I had a one night stand with a connected guys daughter.......so i guess it was a mob and a casual encounter.

Wow, that's almost as good as if you slept with the mobster himself. I'd say that counts as a mob encounter!!
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/06/14 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Joerusso
Everyday my uncle lol my mothers brother hes a old fart buts he made his name is always on here lol the funny thing he knows im like so interested and crazy about it right he always saids gotta be careful what I say around you instead of taking notes of the old man and his connections he recite it like the fuckin feds ...lmaol then he saids something in italian and saids our family history is to deep for this .... ust know my grandfather was an underboss, my father and uncle long time made men .kid.. My uncle was a Capo... The truth he thinks like the history of our family been generations and he says im too close to the life to have this crazy fascination but its not like he tells me or show me anything ever at all lol thats what cracks me up everythong I learned I mean I see the people involved or whatever buts its normal now like when I was young now its I know that life isnt the same but im like a historian now basically lmaol

So who are he and your other relatives' last name? Or who do you claim he and your other relatives are?
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 12:49 AM

the only "real" OC interaction I had was (supposedly) with the Yakuza. At least that was according to the "guide" from the modelling agency my sister was working with in Japan.

(that's why we were there. Well... that's why SHE was there, I was there because my parents insisted I go... and keeping in mind my sister is three years older than I am and far more street wise than I'll ever be [I'm the book worm of the family], but I digress.)

I've posted the story at least once and it's really not very interesting... But long story short I saw a guy in a traditional, like samurai looking kimono thing with a younger man in a suit following him with an open umbrella over his head (even though it wasn't raining, no clouds or anything). I pointed and our "guide" (I have no idea what his actual job title was, he was just there to ensure my sister got from point A to B, followed the schedule, etc) quickly shoved my hand down and said "yakuza".

He could have been having me on, I honestly have no clue. He was a younger guy, probably about the same age I am now -- 30, I was 22 (yes my parents were so concerned about their 25 year old daughter that I had to go) at the time of the trip to Tokyo -- and not at all against using our western ignorance for his own amusement.

Other than that, I was sometimes, occasionally, in the same bar as some HA guys... I was really into the local heavy metal scene many a year ago and the bar doubled as a biker hang out on the weekdays (and not usually outlaw bikers). Exciting, I know.
Posted By: Joerusso

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:00 AM

Listen here corounto... You done sent me private messages asking me who they are. Before I say anyhting ...what makes you think I will say who they are on a public board. Second who the fuck are you to question me about my family ? Do I claim...what are you a fuckin retard..Listen here I am who I am and related to whom ever is none of your fuckin business. Its like your a fuckin groupie " who are you related too " What you want to go wash the old mans back and make his expresso too ? Stop being a fuckin cornball and enjoy this site... Questioning people like your a fuckin a person of importance makes me think your a fuckin agent.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:19 AM

Listen here corounto... You done sent me private messages asking me who they are. my grandfather was an underboss, my father and uncle long time made men . My uncle was a Capo Before I say anyhting ...what makes you think I will say who they are on a public board. Second who the fuck are you to question me about my family ? Do I claim...what are you a fuckin retard..Listen here I am who I am and related to whom ever is none of your fuckin business. Its like your a fuckin groupie " who are you related too " What you want to go wash the old mans back and make his expresso too ? I am lying why??? Because I didnt tell you their social security. You are a groupie and get off my dick fa***t. I can tell you where my uncle live so he can clipp you Stop being a fuckin cornball and enjoy this site... Questioning people like your a fuckin a person of importance makes me think your a fuckin agent.

lol You're the only groupie here, and you mentioned them first. No you're not related at all to anyone that was "made", an "underboss", or a "capo", etc. but enjoy pretending you are on here. lol
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:30 AM

JoeRusso seems like he knows enough of extremely meticulous details that I believe he is telling the truth..

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:35 AM

Gonna take a wild guess and say Anguilo and if not its Tameleo

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:44 AM

How old are you JoeRusso

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
JoeRusso seems like he knows enough of extremely meticulous details that I believe he is telling the truth.. Gonna take a wild guess and say Anguilo and if not its Tameleo or Manocchio

I don't believe it...but this is the internet people claim and pretend all sorts of things on here and anyone could easily look up information like that and claim to be related...but they are just a groupie. ohwell
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:57 AM

Listen here corounto... You done sent me private messages asking me who they are. Before I say anyhting ...what makes you think I will say who they are on a public board. Second who the fuck are you to question me about my family ? Do I claim...what are you a fuckin retard..Listen here I am who I am and related to whom ever is none of your fuckin business. Its like your a fuckin groupie " who are you related too " What you want to go wash the old mans back and make his expresso too ? Stop being a fuckin cornball and enjoy this site... Questioning people like your a fuckin a person of importance makes me think your a fuckin agent.

Joe you can always take fifth cornuto sent me a PM too asking about Grammuta ...Joe I know you got a lot of heat on you, any of the maverick boy's come back from Iraq yet I need to air out some norteno's

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeyO

Joe you can always take fifth cornuto sent me a PM too asking about Grammuta ...Joe I know you got a lot of heat on you, any of the maverick boy's come back from Iraq yet I need to air out some norteno's

Yes I asked about the person you just wrote about (Grammauta) because you claimed he once posted here on this site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Grammauta

Maybe he did, maybe he did not but you have no clue if he really did, or did not.

Given his line of work I doubt he did actually post here, and given his age and year of birth I doubt he knew how to use a computer or cared about using one and posting on the internet.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
Originally Posted By: 12thStreet

LMAO

lol lol lol
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 02:56 AM

My cousin's fiancé is the nephew of an Ndrangheta guy in Melbourne. Many of my relatives are part of the Rebels as well, down in Sydney.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento
JoeRusso seems like he knows enough of extremely meticulous details that I believe he is telling the truth.. Gonna take a wild guess and say Anguilo and if not its Tameleo or Manocchio

I don't believe it...but this is the internet people claim and pretend all sorts of things on here and anyone could easily look up information like that and claim to be related...but they are just a groupie. ohwell

No...He has been posting for awhile..He has some info that you wouldn't expect a regular person to know. Although he has terrible grammar, because of the details I've seen him post I think its legit...Why go so far to blend all that info together?

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/07/14 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

No...He has been posting for awhile..He has some info that you wouldn't expect a regular person to know. Although he has terrible grammar, because of the details I've seen him post I think its legit...Why go so far to blend all that info together?

Read my previous post that is quoted. smile As for why he did it, it's probably just for attention but who knows?
Posted By: overcoat

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/08/14 10:55 PM

I have a contracting company, and I think (not positive) that one of my longtime clients is a mobster, atleast was back in the day. He's a awesome guy to work for. I'm not going to go into details about this guy, but I know he moved from NYC in the early 80's to the rural town I live in. Maybe he was on witness protection lol. Just by the way this guy acts I get the hint that he was, plus alot of noticeable things I seen and or talked to him about over the years. One of these days I'm just gonna ask him, but I don't really want to go there since we respect each other, but I'm very curious to say the least. He's a good guy to work for.

Re: Mob Ecounters - 05/09/14 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: overcoat
I have a contracting company, and I think (not positive) that one of my longtime clients is a mobster, atleast was back in the day. He's a awesome guy to work for. I'm not going to go into details about this guy, but I know he moved from NYC in the early 80's to the rural town I live in. Maybe he was on witness protection lol. Just by the way this guy acts I get the hint that he was, plus alot of noticeable things I seen and or talked to him about over the years. One of these days I'm just gonna ask him, but I don't really want to go there since we respect each other, but I'm very curious to say the least. He's a good guy to work for.

Well you said you work for him right? You wanna keep your job theen don't ask him
Posted By: pimpanella

Re: Mob Ecounters - 01/19/15 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: GrandAve

I'm suppose to go there next week can't wait!
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Mob Ecounters - 01/19/15 02:30 PM

I know Joe Massino. I see him in McDonald's in Bellevue, Nebraska all the time.

He has his breakfast, lunch and dinner there.

I ask him if he misses the cacciatore in New York but he says the jalapeno double here is the tits.
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: Mob Ecounters - 09/12/15 02:32 PM

i've never meet any fully made mafioso BUT i have meet some associates. came off as nicer and class men. the stand up type not the brutish killers that the movies potray them as. i've meet some cartel members now them are the brutal barbaric type. they never forced me to do anything though BUT i've heard stories from them on other people and seen how they act. i made two pick-ups(on drugs) and had to strong arm people for money a couple states away. anyways nothing ever to serious. also note that these people claim everyone is someone else just bare through this time period they'll be alright with you.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET