Home

Carlos Marcello & Trafficante

Posted By: Homers77

Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/25/12 03:01 PM

Hey everyone.. I know there is a post about all mafia books but I didn't know how to search within the post.. (can you do that?)

Anyway... I have been reading the "Five Families" book and I have become interested in Trafficante & Marcello after mainly only reading about the NY families.

I was wondering if anyone has any good books I could get to read on:

Carlos Marcello
or
Santo Trafficante

I found this one... is this one any good?

The Silent Don: The Criminal Underworld of Santo Trafficante Jr.

And if not can you give me some others!

Thank you in advance!
Posted By: Mick2010

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/25/12 04:45 PM

There is a book about Marcello called Mafia Kingfish by John H Davis. I picked it up at a used store a little while ago, havent read it yet though. I think its supposed to be the best book on Marcello, though it also looks like it has a lot of stuff on the JFK assassination.

I havent read The Silent Don either, but from what I understand its the best book on Trafficante. I think the author actually posts on here sometimes.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/26/12 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Mick2010
I havent read The Silent Don either, but from what I understand its the best book on Trafficante. I think the author actually posts on here sometimes.

That's right, his name is Scott Deitsch.
Posted By: ScottD

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/27/12 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Close, it's Deitche

Homers- My book The Silent Don is, of course, the best book on Trafficante! But seriously, it's a comprehensive overview of his life and crimes, with a load of material never before published.

The only other two books featuring Santo are Mob Lawyer, Frak Ragano's book, and The Trafficantes by ROn Chpesiuk which I have not read yet.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/27/12 06:13 PM

Mafia Kingfish by John Davis, as mentioned by Mick, is the one to read concerning Marcello. It goes into great detail about his life and crimes. Awesome book in my opinion.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/28/12 11:38 AM

I'm gunna have to check these books out. THe less publicized mob bosses in unusual places have always fascinated me.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/28/12 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ScottD

Close, it's Deitche

Homers- My book The Silent Don is, of course, the best book on Trafficante! But seriously, it's a comprehensive overview of his life and crimes, with a load of material never before published.

The only other two books featuring Santo are Mob Lawyer, Frak Ragano's book, and The Trafficantes by ROn Chpesiuk which I have not read yet.

Sounds good Scott think i'll buy that i've always been interested in Trafficante
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 08/28/12 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ScottD

Close, it's Deitche

Believe it or not, but I initially wrote your name correct, but since I wasn't sure I did a quick google checkup and Amazon lists your name as Deitsch as well as other websites.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Carlos Marcello & Trafficante - 11/16/12 12:31 AM

Mafia kingfish is good for Marcello and cigar city mafia talks about the Tampa fam and trafficante
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET