Home

camorra boss shot dead at the beach!

Posted By: Five_Felonies

camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 02:26 PM

wow these italians don't play around!

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/2012/08/mob-boss-whacked-on-beach-outing.html
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 02:52 PM

Why can't there pussy's in the U.S. make some noise!
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 05:46 PM

Well the US Mafia has this glamorous and stylish feel, but the Camorra is freakin' horrifying
Posted By: carmela

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:29 PM

I read about this. Notice how he was killed right in front of his family. The rules over there are, there are no rules. There was another one killed recently too. I forget his name.

The difference is, it's about honor and respect in Italy, and monetary things come second. They're born into mafia families, their memories are long, they want to avenge deaths from decades ago, etc. They don't wake up and say, "gee what should I do for a living...ok, maybe I'll see if I can get made into mafia."
Who's the last US mafioso boss that held his honor so high that he was willing to go into hiding in a hole in the floor for years? Or hang out in catacombs for years? Or a shitty farmhouse? It's because the honor of what they're doing is first and foremost.
You'll never see that here in the US. Thats why if you're ever in Sicily, you wouldn't know who a mafioso was unless you knew who he was.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:37 PM

If their honor consists of shooting a guy in front of his family and among innocent bystanders, then this sense of honor is fucked up.

The guy was supposedly killed as part of a turf war, not for honor it seems.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:40 PM

^^^^
Well put. It's apples and oranges. American mob is about money and material gain first, honor and respect second. In Italy it's the other way around.

I'm trying to imagine Gotti in a pair of pantaloons and a knit cap, milking a donkey while hiding out in that farmhouse lol.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
They're born into mafia families, their memories are long, they want to avenge deaths from decades ago, etc.

If it was Marco Di Lauro who ordered this Gaetano Marino to be killed, then he is going against any revenge logic. He had lost no close relatives in the war between the Di Lauros and the Marino-Amato group while Gaetano Marino has lost a father if memory serves me right, so theoretically it was him who should have taken revenge on Marco Di Lauro. Maybe they killed him just to prevent that.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
If their honor consists of shooting a guy in front of his family and among innocent bystanders, then this sense of honor is fucked up.

The guy was supposedly killed as part of a turf war, not for honor it seems.

Most killings are turf wars. Why is that not for honor? They pride themselves on what they doing being based on THEIR idea of honor and respect. We've been over this before on this forum, and as I've said before, their idea of honor isn't yours. Agreed. If it's the code they swear by and the code they promise to live by, then the honor to them is upholding those codes. It means disgrace to you, it means honor to them. If you don't get it, then I can't explain it any clearer.
Posted By: short841

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:43 PM

Carmela the other boss who was killed who you were talking about was Modestino Pellino smile

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
They're born into mafia families, their memories are long, they want to avenge deaths from decades ago, etc.

If it was Marco Di Lauro who ordered this Gaetano Marino to be killed, then he is going against any revenge logic. He had lost no close relatives in the war between the Di Lauros and the Marino-Amato group while Gaetano Marino has lost a father if memory serves me right, so theoretically it was him who should have taken revenge on Marco Di Lauro. Maybe they killed him just to prevent that.

You're speaking specifically, I was speaking generally. I don't know the exact details of this particular killing.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
Carmela the other boss who was killed who you were talking about was Modestino Pellino smile

Yes! Thank you. It was bothering me. I was about to go searching on line italian news sites and I really didn't want to. wink

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:45 PM

The Camorra is pretty much plagued by constant turf wars. That's why the Neapolitans are viewed as the most violent of all Italians. A friend of mine, who's Calabrian, always says this.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:48 PM

Most killings are turf wars. Why is that not for honor? They pride themselves on what they doing being based on THEIR idea of honor and respect. We've been over this before on this forum, and as I've said before, their idea of honor isn't yours. Agreed. If it's the code they swear by and the code they promise to live by, then the honor to them is upholding those codes. It means disgrace to you, it means honor to them. If you don't get it, then I can't explain it any clearer.

We've never been through this before on the forum, at least not you and myself. And I get their sense of honor very well, never did I say I didn't, still think it's fucked up. You can understand things while disagreeing with it. IMO, if honor plays a part in this killing, then the honor thing is merely used as a lame excuse to eliminate an opponent. Agreed.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:48 PM

^^^^ We, as a forum, not you and I. Done.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:50 PM

Does anybody know who is now the boss of the Separatists (Scissionisti) clan in Secondigliano which Gaetano Marino belonged to? Raffaele Amato and Cesare Pagano are in jail, who took their place?

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:50 PM

No not done. I'm not done with you yet, come back. I wanna talk to you.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:56 PM

No not done. I'm not done with you yet, come back. I wanna talk to you.

Now you sound like my husband. (Or is that my wife? blush )

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 06:57 PM

Your wife, obviously.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 07:01 PM

I read about this. Notice how he was killed right in front of his family. The rules over there are, there are no rules. There was another one killed recently too. I forget his name.

The difference is, it's about honor and respect in Italy, and monetary things come second. They're born into mafia families, their memories are long, they want to avenge deaths from decades ago, etc. They don't wake up and say, "gee what should I do for a living...ok, maybe I'll see if I can get made into mafia."
Who's the last US mafioso boss that held his honor so high that he was willing to go into hiding in a hole in the floor for years? Or hang out in catacombs for years? Or a shitty farmhouse? It's because the honor of what they're doing is first and foremost.
You'll never see that here in the US. Thats why if you're ever in Sicily, you wouldn't know who a mafioso was unless you knew who he was.
solid points. seems like you rarely here of a mobster going into hiding period over here, much less roughing it.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 07:08 PM

Maybe it wasn't a Di Lauro attack after all. Some articles say the Marino group allied themselves with the Di Lauro group some time ago and is targeted by the Abete-Notturno-Abbinante coalition.
My head is beginning to break into parts while trying to memorize all these surnames and who is allied to who, who is who's enemy etc. confused
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
^^^^
Well put. It's apples and oranges. American mob is about money and material gain first, honor and respect second. In Italy it's the other way around.

I'm trying to imagine Gotti in a pair of pantaloons and a knit cap, milking a donkey while hiding out in that farmhouse lol.

Agreed. The Italians have kept their special honor and respect very close to their hearts. It has been their bread and butter since it first got started. The US Mafia dropped it many, many years ago.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Agreed. The Italians have kept their special honor and respect very close to their hearts. It has been their bread and butter since it first got started. The US Mafia dropped it many, many years ago.

If it's REALLY like that, then paradoxically the conclusion would be that it's better when people are after money then if the think about honor because in the USA where, as you say, honor is only in second place among mafiosi, there have been far less innocent mafia victims.

Mafia "honor" = massacres of innocents

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 08:02 PM

If it's REALLY like that, then paradoxically the conclusion would be that it's better when people are after money then if the think about honor because in the USA where, as you say, honor is only in second place among mafiosi, there have been far less innocent mafia victims.

Mafia "honor" = massacres of innocents

Well...yes. And I agree with you. The special honor and respect is not limited only with the mafiosi though. It´s a culture that has been rooted among the sothern Italians for many hundreds of years. Vendettas and clan feuds are extremely common in these parts. But also in parts of Montenegro and southern part of Serbia (Kosovo). As westerners, we find this "culture" hard to comprehend. But it has been a part of their life styles for many, many years.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 08:21 PM

It´s a culture that has been rooted among the sothern Italians for many hundreds of years. Vendettas and clan feuds are extremely common in these parts. But also in parts of Montenegro and southern part of Serbia (Kosovo).

Don't forget Corsicans or Maniot Greeks. Clan fueds are part of everyday life over there.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
It´s a culture that has been rooted among the sothern Italians for many hundreds of years. Vendettas and clan feuds are extremely common in these parts. But also in parts of Montenegro and southern part of Serbia (Kosovo).

Don't forget Corsicans or Maniot Greeks. Clan fueds are part of everyday life over there.

Yes of course.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 09:29 PM

But I don't think that clan fueds are to be drawn among ethnic lines. Irish Catholics have blood fueds ( and not just the Travellers), Glasgow Scots, East End Londeners, Liverpudlians, among the poorer Dutch and German communities, French Canadians, Rednecks in Texas,...there have been clan and family feuds in all of those groups. Maybe not as deeply rooted as in the communities you mentioned, but they still exist.
Posted By: ScottD

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 11:15 PM

At some point all of this killing has to get in the way of business, and life in general. It seems, at least from an outside view, to be endemic to the Camorra moreso than the other OC groups.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/24/12 11:39 PM

Your wife, obviously.

At least my wife is hot. You should see the rack on her!

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: ScottD
At some point all of this killing has to get in the way of business, and life in general. It seems, at least from an outside view, to be endemic to the Camorra moreso than the other OC groups.

Absolutely! These guys hate to draw any attention to themselves, let alone these turf wars. Very bad for business, indeed!! lol
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 10:05 AM

Killing People can be good for business too ...o\if their witnesses over there everything seems fine $ Dandy eek
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 11:33 AM

from what ive read and heard these guys are a more restrained version of the mexicans. They sell drugs in their own projects as well as large scale in other countries, they dump garbage and toxic waste in every possible space causing also sorts of health and environmental hazards. They recruit enough people that alot of them can be expendable. Killing doesnt matter because it keeps everyone scared including the public. Its almost like a third world gangsterdom except its in italy.
Posted By: ciccogol

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 01:55 PM

But I don't think that clan fueds are to be drawn among ethnic lines. Irish Catholics have blood fueds ( and not just the Travellers), Glasgow Scots, East End Londeners, Liverpudlians, among the poorer Dutch and German communities, French Canadians, Rednecks in Texas,...there have been clan and family feuds in all of those groups. Maybe not as deeply rooted as in the communities you mentioned, but they still exist.

You are right of course. There is nothing genetic in the development of culture and western Europeans of fifty years ago would have much more of an ability to 'understand' the culture of vendetta and familial pride. In my pseudo-psychological view, the extreme individualism in Western Euro (i.e Protestant) and US culture, which is centuries old, makes it harder for people in that culture to take an insult against their uncle or sister as an insult against themselves.
In Germany, you can just leave home and never look back. In Italy, for example, you can not escape your blood and history so easily.
Posted By: pmac

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 04:59 PM

im not a advocate of the death penalty i guess its bullshit in o.c. but the mass killings murders kill them the guy outside the empire buildin even thou the cops shot a few extras, but if italy had the death pen. they would crush the mafia like they did here. cause without fear it dont work.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 11:34 PM

Scorsese and ciccogol are both spot on with their posts. I always say Camorra are more gang-like than the other mafias. Those slums in Scampia are horrible and disgusting living conditions, but if you want the privilege of living there, you pay to the Camorra. They will have your lights and electric shut off, if you don't pay to them. It's horrible.

As far as death penalty goes...first off..it'll never happen, being that Italy is the most Catholic country in the world. Second...who are you putting to death? An entire region, ie Sicily? They're under every rock and everywhere. And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/25/12 11:53 PM

And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

The killings the Scampia camorra is most famous for (or maybe it's better to say "infamous") had some innocent people as victims. For example, Cosimo Di Lauro had a former girlfriend of one camorrista tortured and burned for not saying where her former boyfriend was hiding while she probably didn't even know where he was and had nothing to do with him since a long time.
His hitmen also shot a young man who had nothing to do with the camorra because they mistook him for their intended target. And Paolo Di Lauro had some innocent relatives of the boss Antonio Ruocco killed (his old mother in particular).
I agree that most of the killings involve rival criminals, but the murders of innocents, even though relatively few in comparison, in my opinion are more than enough.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/26/12 12:03 AM

And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

The killings the Scampia camorra is most famous for (or maybe it's better to say "infamous") had some innocent people as victims. For example, Cosimo Di Lauro had a former girlfriend of one camorrista tortured and burned for not saying where her former boyfriend was hiding while she probably didn't even know where he was and had nothing to do with him since a long time.
His hitmen also shot a young man who had nothing to do with the camorra because they mistook him for their intended target. And Paolo Di Lauro had some innocent relatives of the boss Antonio Ruocco killed (his old mother in particular).
I agree that most of the killings involve rival criminals, but the murders of innocents, even though relatively few in comparison, in my opinion are more than enough.

Whaddya gonna do...what more can I tell you..this is the life.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/26/12 12:08 AM

They're under every rock and everywhere. And last..the most heinous murders are against each other. They do Italy a favor, actually, by killing off each other.

Just like snakes.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 03:12 AM

Something else I was going to mention, as just an aside, is Gaetano's daughter (maybe 12 years old, not sure) appeared on an Italian tv show awhile back and Gaetano was sitting front row, while she dedicated a song to him. It caused a huge uproar that a boss would be able to sit there while his daughter sang to him on state tv.
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 03:18 AM

Something else I was going to mention, as just an aside, is Gaetano's daughter (maybe 12 years old, not sure) appeared on an Italian tv show awhile back and Gaetano was sitting front row, while she dedicated a song to him. It caused a huge uproar that a boss would be able to sit there while his daughter sang to him on state tv.

Go to :45 to see a clip

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Montague

Go to :45 to see a clip

Aww, there ya go. That was it. I hadn't even watched the vid, thanks Montague.
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 03:25 AM

Anytime, you Canadian hating yank.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Montague
Anytime, you Canadian hating yank.

Oh dear, where is this coming from? I'm a lover, not a fighter. kiss kiss.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 04:20 AM

Oh dear, where is this coming from? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

When did this happen??

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 04:23 AM

Oh dear, where is this coming from? I'm a lover, not a fighter.

When did this happen??

Today. Noon-ish. I don't expect it to last though.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 11:06 AM

http://www.ilpost.it/2012/08/23/la-volta-che-gaetano-marino-era-stato-in-tv/

The time that Marino went on TV
In Terracina was killed Gaetano Marino, 48, considered to be the boss of the Camorra clan secessionist of Scampia. Marino was at the beach and was killed, according to witnesses, at least seven shots. Marino had talked a lot last February, when Roberto Saviano had accused the RAI hosted it and somehow honored on TV
The story of Gaetano Marino McKay. Gaetano Marino is at the top of the Scissionisti, also known as the Spanish, have come out victorious of the war inside the Di Lauro Cartel. Participated in the feud the Marinos. Gaetano is in fact the brother of Gennaro Marino, promoter military feud. They are called the "McKay" because his father Crescenzo (killed by Di Lauro as revenge) looked like an old character of a TV western. Gaetano was discovered in December 2004 in a luxury hotel on the Sorrento coast, hid there to escape the vengeance killer of rivals who sought him, and was always accompanied by his butler who was responsible for his care. Gaetano Marino can not eat alone, can not cook, can not open the doors, he can not drink alone. He lost both hands to the explosion of a bomb. War of the Camorra against Ruocco, 90s, they wanted to blow the house and a bomb exploded in his hand. This is one of the versions. Others say that he lost his hands because he was throwing a hand grenade exploded prematurely. Gaetano Marino was for the Camorra an ambassador of the partnerships of Secondigliano with the Albanian mafia, as demonstrated by the investigation of Gico of Bari of October 2010.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/27/12 11:17 AM

http://qn.quotidiano.net/cronaca/2012/08...ffidabile.shtml

Murder of Terracina, a fugitiveis constituted and reveals, "Marino executed because unreliable

Latina August 26, 2012 - This is handed over to the police after learning of the death of Gaetano Marino, who was killed by two killer with ten shots last Thursday on the seafront of Terracina. Gianluca Giugliano said ' Pigeon 'has been arrested in Secondigliano for don't make the same end of' McKay '. The 31 year old, considered the gunner of the secessionists, it seemed just a river in flood. According to initial statements reported that the young 'stump' - the nickname Gaetano Marino - had been cornered and square dealing entrusted to another person, such a Roberto M. For this reason the man was killed by Vanella Grassi.

The murder of Marino would have been decided in a meeting that was held at Case Celesti , expansion area for those in power to Vanella Grassi from where it would leave the car with the killer who gunned down 'the stump'. To Marino, in fact, as reported by Giugliano, was taken from the square in dealing for a couple reasons: first, due to a substantial shortfall of money from the coffers of the Case Celesti and the other due to the fact that man have used cocaine showing the clan some "unreliable". Hence the decision, after the ouster full-blown 'McKay' from the square of the store, to kill him .

As reported by Giugliano, the murder of Marino is a strong message to the clan and demonstrate the conquest of the Case Celesti by Magnetti-Petriccione clan and the other a revival of the Di Lauro as 'McKay' was the number one enemy of the historical clan and the killing the Vanella Grassi would somehow paved the way for their eventual return.
Posted By: Antonio

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/28/12 01:08 PM

I think people are mixing up what normal, average people call "Honor" and what these Mafia criminals call Honor. Honor for us normal people is being a good person, striving for good deeds and helping others around you for the sake of global peace and happiness. For a mobster it could mean something totally different, as their is no such definition really of what honor is as it's different to everybody.

I agree though that the Italians in the mafia in Italy are much more disciplined and have more "honor" in what they are in. They go to incredible lengths to keep up what they aim for, yes , they even hide in holes and bunkers as if they were in Iraq fighting terrorists. In that sense they have much more honor and pride for what they stand for. In Italy which I go to every year, It is safe to say that respect comes first, even though they earn hell loads of money.

In America it's the other way around. Even the Mafia informants in Italy in the past haven't betrayed their friends because they fear prison. For example Buscetta apparently tried to commit suicide instead of co-operating. But when this failed he feared not for his life, but for his family.

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/30/12 10:27 AM

The Camorra is pretty much plagued by constant turf wars. That's why the Neapolitans are viewed as the most violent of all Italians. A friend of mine, who's Calabrian, always says this.

Hehe, that's wierd because my friends say that the true beasts in Italy who are really crazy are the Calabrians. Not just from a mafia point of view but just the people in general lol

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/30/12 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Antonio

Hehe, that's wierd because my friends say that the true beasts in Italy who are really crazy are the Calabrians. Not just from a mafia point of view but just the people in general lol

Well yes, It's not as if the Calabrians themselves come out completely clean lol
But most Calabrians I know ( Italians in my country are mostly from Calabria ) seem to label the Neapolitans as the most violent. Maybe it's because the city of Naples has this reputation.
Posted By: Frank

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/30/12 12:34 PM

nobody knows what exactly is goin on in secondigliano.
surely a drug war with two or three groups involved but the alliances aren t clear yet. yesterday another man was killed. i suggest this blog to who understand a little of italian wink

http://faidadiscampia.blogspot.it/

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/30/12 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank
nobody knows what exactly is goin on in secondigliano.
surely a drug war with two or three groups involved but the alliances aren t clear yet. yesterday another man was killed. i suggest this blog to who understand a little of italian wink

http://faidadiscampia.blogspot.it/

Yeah and another two injured, probably passers by. How sad.
Posted By: m2w

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/31/12 02:27 AM

neapolitans are the most hated by northern italians, even more than sicilians and calabrians
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/31/12 01:16 PM

I feel to compare the Camorra with the Mexican Cartels. With an easier and more adjustable structure, no burning-card mambo jumbo, easy to be part of even if you're still in elementary school - sort of thing.

And the amount of poverty that you get in Naples and in the surrounding areas is (sadly) the worst in Western Europe. So there is a mile-long line of kids waiting to be accepted just to escape from complete poverty.
Posted By: pmac

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/31/12 04:17 PM

i remember reading about this guy in that gomarrah book his nickname was wooden hands or stubs he was pretty bad ass, the movie i didnt understand the guy was running money to family members in jail but he was scared for his life i felt bad for the guy but nobody loves you when you on the bottom.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 08/31/12 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
And the amount of poverty that you get in Naples and in the surrounding areas is (sadly) the worst in Western Europe. So there is a mile-long line of kids waiting to be accepted just to escape from complete poverty.

Very true.

And if---a very big if---you buy into the liberal theology that growing up in abject poverty makes people more likely to commit violent crimes, then it makes sense that the Cammoristi from Naples are more prone to violence than their Calabrian and Sicilian counterparts.

But it's not like the average Calabrian or Sicilian grew up on Fifth Avenue. I've seen many of those villages. Far from it wink.
Posted By: m2w

Re: camorra boss shot dead at the beach! - 09/01/12 01:58 AM

violence and poverty are not always related calabria and sicily are even poorer than campania and naples
the fact is that camorra is more fractured than cosa nostra and ndrangheta
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET