Home

Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella

Posted By: 1982

Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 01:28 PM

Interesting article on Tommy Karate:
http://aestheddict.com/magazine/bonanno-mobster-was-more-serial-killer-than-goodfella/
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 08:45 PM

I read the book about him, "The Butcher", never have I hated a man so much after a book.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Montague
I read the book about him, "The Butcher", never have I hated a man so much after a book.

Who did you hate, Philip Carlo or Tommy Pitera? whistle
Posted By: Nick_the_Greek

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 08:51 PM

You know, I read the book in the past year, but cannot for the life of me remember who his captain was... Anyone?

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 08:59 PM

It was Frank Lino, no?

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 09:23 PM

Quote:

Not a fan? Im curious, why not?
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 10:22 PM

One thing I like about Carlo is the unintentional comedy in his work. My favorite example of this is this passage in the Gaspipe book about how Mr. Casso "made love slowly and more meaningfully" with his wife before he went on the lam.

Ah yes, slow and meaningful mafia mass murderer sex, how lovely. lol
Posted By: Wilson

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
One thing I like about Carlo is the unintentional comedy in his work. My favorite example of this is this passage in the Gaspipe book about how Mr. Casso "made love slowly and more meaningfully" with his wife before he went on the lam.

I do like Carlo as an author. He is now deceased and it makes me sad that he won't ever be releasing any more books. You gotta give him credit, his books are great to read.

Really looking forward to the film about the Iceman that comes out with Mickey Rourke that is based on his book.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/21/12 11:18 PM

It was Frank Lino, no?

Pitera belonged to a family faction headed by captains Alphonse "Sonny Red" Indelicato, Dominick Trinchera and Philip Giaccone. This group opposed the current leadership under boss Philip Rastelli and his leading captains Joseph Massino and Dominick Napolitano. In 1981, Massino and Napolitano set up the murders of the three rival captains in a Brooklyn club. After their deaths, Massino made peace with the rest of the leaderless faction, including Pitera. Pitera was working for Bruno Indelicato, until Bruno became a drug addict and fled New York. During the 1980s Pitera became a made man of the Bonanno family. Pitera then worked for Anthony Spero who put him in Frank Lino's crew.

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/22/12 03:46 AM

Show off.

tongue
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/22/12 04:34 PM

Quote:

I just didn't care for his writing style, and the Gaspipe book turned me off completely. I rarely---if ever---quit on a book once I start it. But that book had me pretty close a few times.

I mean, it's one thing for an author to try to "humanize" a villain in a biography. But it's quite another thing to make a martyr out of a piece of human garbage like Anthony Casso. But to each his own.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 08/22/12 05:46 PM

Pitera was a good enforcer,he never killed an innocent person except once(as far as i know) out of revenge for his girlfriend,all of the enforcers are sort of serial killers,they need scary soldiers in the family to keep the other guys in line

a quote from the article...
"Pitera’s one weakness was that he enjoyed keeping jewelry and other souvenirs of his work. This went beyond Mafia culture and was classic serial killer behavior"......yes and hunters too!
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/15/12 02:13 PM

Didn't he belong to sonny reds son or anthony spero

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/15/12 02:14 PM

Didn't he belong to sonny reds son or anthony spero.they were worried about him and bruno after they whacked the 3captains
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/15/12 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
Didn't he belong to sonny reds son or anthony spero.they were worried about him and bruno after they whacked the 3captains

Pitera was an associate of Anthony Bruno Indelicato´s crew. (Sonny Red´s son.) But he wasn´t made until mid 1980s into that crew which by then was led by Frank "Curly" Lino.
Posted By: Wilson

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/16/12 09:09 PM

Tommy Pitera was the baddest motherfucker on the planet when he was alive. He could decapitate you in a split of a second with his bare hands.
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/16/12 09:15 PM

Serial Killer? I would describe James Eagan Holmes a serial killer than someone who killed an innocent for revenge.
Posted By: andrewc

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/16/12 09:27 PM

frank lino ran for his life when present at the murder of the 3 capo's, showed how tough he was
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/17/12 01:32 AM

Pitera''s still kicking he's servin a life sentence in Allenwood Penselvania
Posted By: uncle_nino

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/17/12 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Quote:

I just didn't care for his writing style, and the Gaspipe book turned me off completely. I rarely---if ever---quit on a book once I start it. But that book had me pretty close a few times.

I mean, it's one thing for an author to try to "humanize" a villain in a biography. But it's quite another thing to make a martyr out of a piece of human garbage like Anthony Casso. But to each his own.

he grew up next door to the guy, and casso probably treated him great...

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/18/12 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: andrewc
frank lino ran for his life when present at the murder of the 3 capo's, showed how tough he was

Lol what would you do if the 3people u were with seconds b4startd Getn shot up? Cus id run if I had the chance.im not gon try and fight em. Hell they already killed 3people.that he made it out at all was lucky.u can't say he's not tough cus of that c'mon man
Posted By: jace

Re: Tommy Karate Was More Serial Killer than Goodfella - 11/21/12 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Ivan

How could Philip Carlo know what way Casso made love to his wife ?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET