Home

matty ianniello dead at 92!

Posted By: Five_Felonies

matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 12:50 PM

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...dead-at-92.html
Posted By: Mooney

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 12:52 PM

might be easier to just link the original article...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/obi...at-92-1.3914408
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 02:01 PM

R.I.P. Matty "ya Horse"

DPG- Don't you know I mean didn't you know him personally?
Posted By: Strax

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 04:31 PM

In next 2-3 years a lot of Genovese old Timers will go away.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 05:28 PM

I wonder if those Genovese guys are really still in charge at this age or have they already been substituted a long time ago without us knowing.

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 05:34 PM

Quiet Dom is still active for sure.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax

For sure?

He probably is still somewhat active, but you can't say "for sure."

Matty was probably completely retired at the time of his death. Same goes for Mario Gigante and a slew of other 90 year old Genovese guys.

No offense, but I think some people are just buying too much into the legend. A ninety year old guy is a ninety year old guy. Mafioso or not, he's not going to be taking on major stress or decision making at that stage of his life.
Posted By: short841

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 06:28 PM

They might not be as active as they were but maybe making someone going around and doing the actual business for them and just waiting for them to hand the cash.

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
They might not be as active as they were but maybe making someone going around and doing the actual business for them and just waiting for them to hand the cash.

That's what i meant when i said active,ofcourse not going around etc I think he is giving out orders or some advice etc
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 08:22 PM

Man, I said he would died atleast by next month about two weeks ago. 92, a very good age. RIP
Posted By: Ted

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 08:58 PM

RIP to a legend.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 10:07 PM

I was wondering when this guy was going to pass. Well from what I hear he was a true gangster, if a proper definition exists. Who has taken over his old crew?
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

For sure?

Matty was probably completely retired at the time of his death. Same goes for Mario Gigante and a slew of other 90 year old Genovese guys.

No offense, but I think some people are just buying too much into the legend. A ninety year old guy is a ninety year old guy. Mafioso or not, he's not going to be taking on major stress or decision making at that stage of his life.

Agreed, except for Sonny Franzese who was shaking down strip joints in his 90s.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/20/12 11:33 PM

RIP Matty.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 01:41 AM

RIP... what age is Sonny Franzeze now is he not 93 or something ?
Posted By: Ivan

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

For sure?

And Chinky - wasn't he like 99 when he was last indicted? Plus he was volunteering for hits at 96.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I was wondering when this guy was going to pass. Well from what I hear he was a true gangster, if a proper definition exists. Who has taken over his old crew?

It is said that Conrad Ianello took over his crew.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Is that his son,brother or grandson ? How do you know this out of interest ?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Is that his son,brother or grandson ? How do you know this out of interest ?

I think Conrad is his nephew.
He was identified as a captain in his recent indictment.
Posted By: Madonn

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 11:41 AM

He's gotta be in heaven now, don't you think? He's been around for a while, going through stress, fear of being whacked and shit... Not easy for a regular guy, reqiures some mental toughness. He was old too. I do think this guy is somehow a mob legend, he probably had a lot to tell. He was retired but how about those senior mobster that are still active? Mamma mia
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 01:00 PM

That's a shame at least he lived a long life....BTW IVY I'm truly sorry for your lost, I know whats it's like to lose someone that your close with.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Madonn
He's gotta be in heaven now, don't you think? He's been around for a while, going through stress, fear of being whacked and shit... Not easy for a regular guy, reqiures some mental toughness. He was old too. I do think this guy is somehow a mob legend, he probably had a lot to tell. He was retired but how about those senior mobster that are still active? Mamma mia

He wasn't the only old man kicking it in that family. He was retired certainly but look at Benny Mangano. He's 90 years old, half-blind, confined to a wheel chair and apparently he's still serving as the Genovese Underboss.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/21/12 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

For sure?

Yeah, Sonny Franzese is a freak of nature. But guys like him and Chinky are few and far between. I stand by my assertion that alive doesn't always equal active. For all anyone knows, Benny Eggs and Mario Gigante are as coherent today as the Yankee Bean guy on Seinfeld.

Re Sonny Franzese: I think Sonny's rationale for staying active was making up for lost time. With all the murders he committed and all the crimes he was guilty of in his life, he just never got over being "framed" and sent away for all those years for the one crime he didn't commit.
Posted By: jace

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/22/12 02:53 AM

How active was he last few years ?

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/22/12 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
RIP... what age is Sonny Franzeze now is he not 93 or something ?

Posted By: Joerusso

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/23/12 06:20 PM

Hey im a boston guy and sonny boy rizzo was like 92 and got extorting amusement parks ....they say ralphie chong is like 88 running all types of gambling houses until this day ...and stevie flemmi old driver is like 89 and still grunts about rat stevie as he collects lol so these old timers from what i see and hear 60 % is active as you can be 20% half active ...and its want long ago in I forget but someones indictment they caught some old timer like 90 something selling stolen devices from a bunch of trucks they hijacked sooo t

Re: matty ianniello dead at 92! - 08/23/12 07:47 PM

Sonny Franzese is sentenced until 2017 when he will be 100, I think he'll make it. Sonny is still a healthy man..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET