Home

Actors with mob Dads

Posted By: Ritchie_Aprille

Actors with mob Dads - 08/12/12 06:30 PM

Hey do any of you guys know of any actors whos fathers were 'made' men. I posted a similar question in the Donnie Brasco thread but its an old topic and don't know if anyone still looks at it. I'm new to this site and don't want to break any rules, so if I am maybe a moderator can let me know and I will delete one of the posts. Thanks.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/12/12 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Ritchie_Aprille
Hey do any of you guys know of any actors whos fathers were 'made' men. I posted a similar question in the Donnie Brasco thread but its an old topic and don't know if anyone still looks at it. I'm new to this site and don't want to break any rules, so if I am maybe a moderator can let me know and I will delete one of the posts. Thanks.

Woody Harrelson´s father Charles was a guy with alleged mob connections. He was also suspected of somehow being involved with the JFK assassination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Harrelson
Posted By: pmac

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/12/12 09:52 PM

scotto's daughter on good day ny or wats its name
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/12/12 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
scotto's daughter on good day ny or wats its name

You mean Rosanna Scotto who's father is Anthony Scotto who was an influential Gambino soldier. Gotti Sr replaced him on the docks with Anthony "Sonny" Ciccone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Scotto
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Woody Harrelson´s father Charles was a guy with alleged mob connections. He was also suspected of somehow being involved with the JFK assassination.

Was gonna say that as soon as i saw the title lol.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 03:58 AM

Don't know about actors with mafiosi fathers, there are also cases in which the actors were gangsters themselves:
Louis Eppolito who appeared in "Goodfellas" was a hitman. There is also the Italian actor Giovanni Venosa from the film "Gomorra" who was arrested for being the acting boss for his uncle Luigi Venosa. Another example is the Russian gangster Vladimir Kumarin who played the French king Louis XIV in some movie (don't remember the title).
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 05:02 AM

Leah Remini, the wife on "King of Queens", is the daughter of George Remini the Gambino capo.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Don't know about actors with mafiosi fathers, there are also cases in which the actors were gangsters themselves:
Louis Eppolito who appeared in "Goodfellas" was a hitman. There is also the Italian actor Giovanni Venosa from the film "Gomorra" who was arrested for being the acting boss for his uncle Luigi Venosa. Another example is the Russian gangster Vladimir Kumarin who played the French king Louis XIV in some movie (don't remember the title).

Matthew Beviliqua/C from bronx tale is now in the imprisoned actor category .

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 05:13 AM

Jfks dad was a bootlegger

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Was gonna say that as soon as i saw the title lol.

You need to be quicker, Cam. smile

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 08:37 AM

According to Danny DeVito, his father was a known bookmaker in the Asbury Park, NJ area. This he said while being a guest on the "Actor´s Stdudio Show".
Posted By: short841

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 09:51 AM

Tony Pro Provenzanos grandnephew Danny is an actor who was also a made man.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
Leah Remini, the wife on "King of Queens", is the daughter of George Remini the Gambino capo.

Really?! I never heard that, is there anywhere where its written or she discusses it??

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 11:53 AM

Lots of intresting replys here guys ! In Pistone's book, The way of the wiseguy, he mentions that whilst shooting the movie he saw on old mobster he knew from his days undercover, his name was Albie. Anyway Albie got chatting to him and asked to get his son a part in the movie as he wanted to be an actor. Joe pistone had a word with the director and got him a part in the film. Do any of you guys know who this is ? Thanks guys.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 11:54 AM

Lots of intresting replys here guys ! In Pistone's book, The way of the wiseguy, he mentions that whilst shooting the movie he saw on old mobster he knew from his days undercover, his name was Albie. Anyway Albie got chatting to him and asked to get his son a part in the movie as he wanted to be an actor. Joe pistone had a word with the director and got him a part in the film. Do any of you guys know who this is ? Thanks guys.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

Really?! I never heard that, is there anywhere where its written or she discusses it??

Persistent internet rumor for years. But most gossip sites have gone out of their way to dispel it by saying that "Leah's father is named George, but shouldn't be confused with the Gambino capo."

For what it's worth, here's a partial quote and a link:

Leah Remini was born in Bensonhurst (Brooklyn), New York, to George Remini, owner of an asbestos company. Her father, originally from Sicily, is not to be confused with George Remini, the Caporegime of the Gambino Crime Family. Her mother Vicki Marshall, a former high school principal and current LA restaurant owner, is Jewish and originally from Austria. Her parents were divorced in 1977.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/Leah-Remini/biography/

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: short841

If you believe that clown is a made guy (in the Genovese family, no less), then I have a bridge to sell you tongue.

He's a self-promoting douchebag whose only claim to fame is being half-assed related to Tony Pro. If the guy wasn't such a joke, he'd probably be dead.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 04:21 PM

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0990531/

I'm pretty sure that Joe Ligambi's son is an actor, see attached.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 05:52 PM

thats crazy the chick from king of queens dad was in the mob. she was smoking and that was the best show for a couple years till the office came around. is this for real or bs, she was funny to.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
thats crazy the chick from king of queens dad was in the mob. she was smoking and that was the best show for a couple years till the office came around. is this for real or bs, she was funny to.

I thought it had been confirmed, but pizzaboy debunks it in his post above.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 06:26 PM

"Albie" may be Albert (last name unknown to me), a Colombo Family associate, who Pistone befriended and who introduced Pistone to Jilly Greca.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: mike68

I'm pretty sure that Joe Ligambi's son is an actor, see attached.

All the money from the degenerate gamblers went into shitty movies.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 10:43 PM

Danny is not a made man
Posted By: carmela

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 10:48 PM

That's another guy I can't stand...that Danny Provenzano. I didn't even know who he was. I told this story on RD, but he approached me on fb, friend requested me. I kept asking him who he is. And he kept saying, "Don't you know who I am?" I kept saying, "well who the fuck are you?" And he was going on and on about how we're both in Jersey and he knows me or knows my husband, etc. I asked my husband, showed him Danny's profile and he had no clue who he was either. I told Danny we both have no idea who you are and he was like in disbelief or something. Seemed to be hung up on the phrase, "Don't you know who I am?" So, he saw a couple "Provenzano's" on my friends' list and said he must be related to them and that's how we know one another. Until I pointed out those guys live in Sicily...now what? Finally I blocked him. He was a real pain in my big fat ass and I still have no idea who he is.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 11:00 PM

^^^LMAO, ahh the joys of social networking!
Posted By: carmela

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/13/12 11:02 PM

I still have no idea how he found me, approached me, nothing. But fb is a sneaky bastard.
Posted By: short841

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/14/12 09:53 AM

Sorry Dapper I thought he was... What about Paul Varios Grandson? he was in Danny Provenzanos film wasnt he?
Posted By: FC

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 11/10/12 08:26 AM

I know this discussion is real old but the actress that just died a few years ago named Brittany Murphy is one. Her dad is Angelo Bertolotti a gambino soldier who back in the seventies got caught up in a heroin ring...Frank Lucas snitched Bertolotti and his associates.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 11/10/12 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: FC
I know this discussion is real old but the actress that just died a few years ago named Brittany Murphy is one. Her dad is Angelo Bertolotti a gambino soldier who back in the seventies got caught up in a heroin ring...Frank Lucas snitched Bertolotti and his associates.

I believe that I think some cops including Jose Pistone sued The film company that produced the movie "American Gangster" back in 2007/ Frank lies about a lot of shit
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 11/10/12 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

If you believe that clown is a made guy (in the Genovese family, no less), then I have a bridge to sell you tongue.

He's a self-promoting douchebag whose only claim to fame is being half-assed related to Tony Pro. If the guy wasn't such a joke, he'd probably be dead.

Yeah, I agree with Pizza Boy. Danny was a short Associate but was convicted of Racketeering which made Danny claim that he was a Made-Man and very connected, though he isnt even very well connected.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 11/11/12 03:16 PM

If I remember correctly, one of the New Jersey housewives brought Danny Provenzano on the Bravo television series a couple of years back. She introduced him as her friend and he was on for a few episodes - I don't think she was brought back after that season?
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 11/11/12 03:20 PM

lol Mark. According to sources, He was a bodyguard for one of them. Shit, can't even defend himself.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 11/12/12 12:12 AM

Persistent internet rumor for years. But most gossip sites have gone out of their way to dispel it by saying that "Leah's father is named George, but shouldn't be confused with the Gambino capo."

Leah Remini was born in Bensonhurst (Brooklyn), New York, to George Remini, owner of an asbestos company. Her father, originally from Sicily, is not to be confused with George Remini, the Caporegime of the Gambino Crime Family. Her mother Vicki Marshall, a former high school principal and current LA restaurant owner, is Jewish and originally from Austria. Her parents were divorced in 1977.

George Remini (capo) married an Austrian woman, Leah's mother is Austian, her father is Sicilian as was George it's true.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 07:21 AM

so this isnt true??

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 07:23 AM

do u know what i read leah remini was half sicilian and grew up in bensonhurst. so i thought she may be mobbed up and then i see her dad is a gambino capo. talk about cliched!

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
do u know what i read leah remini was half sicilian and grew up in bensonhurst. so i thought she may be mobbed up and then i see her dad is a gambino capo. talk about cliched!

It is true. It can't just be a coincidence that her mother is Austrian and her father is Sicilian, George married an Austrian woman, from the same area, have he same name I mean come on.

George Remini is her father.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

It is true. It can't just be a coincidence that her mother is Austrian and her father is Sicilian, George married an Austrian woman, from the same area, have he same name I mean come on.

jeeze good detective work tommy!

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 11:58 AM

tommy have u got any info on george remini? when did he serve as capo? who was he aligned with?

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 12:04 PM

Don't have much info on him, some others on here probably will.

He was a loanshark in Tommy Gambinos crew. I'd imagine he took it over when Tommy retired.

Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 01:26 PM

Joe Ligambi's kid in NY is a actor.

Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 01:38 PM

He wasn't in the mob, but Woody Harrelson's father was a hitman.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/04/13 01:39 PM

Where did you hear that the Gambino capo married an Austrian woman?
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/06/13 01:24 PM

The journalist John Miller's godfather was Frank Costello and Andy Russo is supposedly Scott Caan's.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/06/13 03:57 PM

It can't just be a coincidence that her mother is Austrian and her father is Sicilian

Why? Do you have any idea how many Austrian Jews settled in Brooklyn after World War II? Literally thousands. Brooklyn has been a safehaven for Eastern European Jews for decades. Doesn't it make sense that more than one of them would eventually end up marrying an Italian?

And Ms. Remini has denied it again and again. If George (the Capo) was her father, I doubt she'd deny it. Most mob daughters are pretty defensive of their fathers.

For what it's worth, I posted this last year. Here's an excerpt, with the original bio-link provided below:

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/06/13 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Joe Ligambi's kid in NY is a actor.

He's in a movie called Mafioso: The Father, the Son, talk about coincidence lol.
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/06/13 08:21 PM

Not an actor, but former NHL player Bates Battaglia is the grandson of Sam Battaglia, the deceased Chicago gangster.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 04/06/13 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: tjonezee
Not an actor, but former NHL player Bates Battaglia is the grandson of Sam Battaglia, the deceased Chicago gangster.

Strange coincidence. Tony Accardo had a grandson who played in the NFL. Must be something in the Chicago water smile.
Posted By: lic

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/15/13 06:42 PM

woody harlesons dad was a straight contract killer from texas... im sure he took on jobs for some greaseballs.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/15/13 07:19 PM

Isn't the Soprano Actor Louis Lombardi who played Big Pussy FBI's contact a relative of Gigi The Whale Inglese?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0518385/
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/15/13 11:54 PM

Mickey Spillane's son was an actor. Sadly no longer with us a tragic accident led to Bobby Spillane falling from his sixth floor apartment in Hell's Kitchen.

He had parts in 'Law and Order', 'NYPD Blue' and 'Rescue Me'.

He was leaning against a screen and it simply gave away his uncle James McManus traumatically recalled.

The Spillanes of course married into the McManus family who even still hold massive political sway in hell's Kitchen today. The Midtown Democrat club has been in the family for 120 years.

The hold the 'McMani' have had on determining the sway of west side politics has certainly had a big sway on politics in HK. Anyone who thinks what was going down on the west side was small time should see how their affiliates and old time west side associates live today. Anyway, that's another story.The club still boasts over 6,000 dues paying members and Mr McManus runs a funeral home on west 46th street.

Great quote from Mickey Spillane in this article his confession that he became a club member at 13 when "I became old enough to vote". http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...tes-a-birthday/

Even with gentrification changing the landscape of the neighborhood the 'McMani' are a colossal family influence in Hell's Kitchen today.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 12:01 AM

Let's not forget those Mutts on Mob wives. Also Frank Culotta did some acting in Casino, wasn't his dad in the Outfit?
Posted By: Iceman999

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 12:42 AM

Richard S. Castellano, aka Clemenza, wasn't he related to Big Paul?

Also, Jack O'Halloran, Non from Superman 2, claims Albert Anastasia was his father.
Posted By: michael_mann

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 02:12 AM

If I'm not mistakin, I think I read an article awhile back the Jackie the kid Giacalone's daughter Chantel is an actress. The article also stated that she was in a coma due to some type of allergic reaction. I hope she has had a full recovery.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 03:49 PM

Wasn't Harrelson's dad involved with the Bandidos? thought I read that somewheres a while back???
Posted By: BigEarner

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 06:39 PM

Not an actress but casting director and producer Lisa Essary was the stepdaughter of Joe Gallo.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 08:34 PM

Regarding Leah Remini....

If her dad was the capo, then it would have been already widely reported. And she likely would have said her dad was just an honest, harmless tomato vendor, and there's no such thing as the mafia, etc...

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Regarding Leah Remini....

If her dad was the capo, then it would have been already widely reported. And she likely would have said her dad was just an honest, harmless tomato vendor, and there's no such thing as the mafia, etc...

Her father was a different George Remini. He worked in asbestos removal. But you make a good point, LittleMan. Last month when she broke from Scientology there were threats reported in the media. If her father was the other George Remini, someone would have reported that the threats were laughable given her mob ties. But like I posted months ago, her father was a different George Remini.

And she has talked about it in the past. I'll try to find a link that someone posted on one of the other sites. In the interview she asks the reporter to PLEASE not confuse her father with the gangster. On top of everything else, she left Brooklyn for California when she was like 14 years old. So I doubt she has any ties to Brooklyn at all anymore.

Off topic, she was pretty hot before she got fat. She lost the weight, but her face never recovered.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 09:06 PM

Off topic, she was pretty hot before she got fat. She lost the weight, but her face never recovered.

haha agreed
Posted By: RRB92080

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 11:19 PM

The guys who owns Rao's was the head of the FBI in the sopranos. Rumor is that he is connected

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/16/13 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: RRB92080
The guys who owns Rao's was the head of the FBI in the sopranos. Rumor is that he is connected

His name is Franke "No" Pellegrino. They call him "No" because if you ask if they have any tables he tells you NO. It's a year' s wait unless you have juice. Every family has a table there and it's frequented by celebrities, politicians, gangsters and CEO"s. Personally, the food at Campagnola is better.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/17/13 12:53 AM

Does the fugazi mafia princess still look like this?

Posted By: Philly_Broadway

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/17/13 01:08 AM

Yes Paul Vario the capo was/is the grandfather of Paul Vario the actor/artist from the movie "This Thing of Ours". He has also been in some commercials. I remeber a tennis commercial in NY.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/17/13 05:20 PM

The main character in This Thing of Ours, Danny Provenzano, is the nephew of the late Tony Provenzano...If I'm not mistaken, Danny has had a mafia related conviction as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-capeci/mafia-sons-play-for-reel_b_278529.html

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/17/13 05:26 PM

Nice find JCB1977.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/17/13 05:40 PM

Anyone watch that movie "Just Like Joe"? Any good?

Capeci's article mentions a few of the actors from the movie and their mob related family.

Paul Vario, the grandson of the legendary Luchese capo

Anthony Trentacosta, the namesake son of the late Gambino soldier who was known as Tony Pep.

Anthony L. Gurino, whose father, Caesar Gurino, is a twice-convicted longtime pal of the late John Gotti,

Gaetano (Tommy) LoGuidice, an actor whom the FBI carries as a Gambino associate.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/19/13 04:48 PM

Her mouth looks warm and soft
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/19/13 06:52 PM

Ivan, is that true? I always wondered about that.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 09/19/13 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Ivan, is that true? I always wondered about that.

It's not true, SP.

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/02/14 03:12 PM

I hate to be the "I told you so" type. But some posters just wouldn't let go of the fantasy that George Remini, the dead Gambino skipper, was Leah Remini's Dad. Thanks to Mark for posting this in the TV & Movies section.

Originally Posted By: Mark
Not sure if you guys know but Leah Remini has a new reality show on TLC. In a recent episode, she returned to NY on a business trip with her husband and daughter. She took them to her old Brooklyn neighborhood and the apartment she grew up in.

Evidently, Leah and her father haven't seen each other in years. During this episode, her husband, Angelo, set up a surprise meeting with Remini's father. It was at an Italian restaurant and everything seemed to go well. Funny thing was that her dad's new wife looked to be about Leah's age.

And I told you so tongue grin.

Posted By: Mark

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/02/14 03:25 PM

http://www.zap2it.com/photos/zap-leah-remini-its-all-relative-season-1-photos-20140709

Not sure what he does for a living but here he is in the second pic. BTW, I never doubted PB!
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/03/14 08:03 PM

I did see the new reality show with Leah Remini. Yes she is still hot. I also saw the trip to NYC where her real father appeared on the show so pizza is right. Danny Provanzano looks like a skinny little wimp with a big mouth
Posted By: JoeP

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/04/14 09:27 AM

In the fourth pic with the kid she is walking down Bay Parkway in Bensonhurst
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Actors with mob Dads - 08/05/14 12:55 AM

Michael Spilotro played a US marshall in a Magnum PI episode and had a bit part in the G Gordon Liddy movie. He was close friends with Robert Conrad
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET