Home

Danny Leo out of prison?

Posted By: Ted

Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 03:50 AM

According to the BOP, he's in community corrections. That means he's in a halfway house until his release. What does the future hold for the acting boss of America's biggest crime family?
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 04:06 AM

I dont think he can be the acting boss in jail.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:04 AM

I believe his official release date is 1/25/2013. And, no, he can't be acting boss from behind bars. He put up his $2 million home in Jersey up for sale a while back.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:27 AM

Has there been a "who is the genovese boss" thread over here yet?

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: danielperrygin
Has there been a "who is the genovese boss" thread over here yet?

If so, not one as long or intensely debated. wink

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:35 AM

Nope thats for sure, things ebb and flow very well at rd huh ivy?

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:53 AM

That's all right. These things gotta happen every five or ten months. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. wink

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:58 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I believe his official release date is 1/25/2013.

He's in a halfway house in Miami until that date.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

That's all right. These things gotta happen every five or ten months. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. wink

I will never get tired of peopl doing that.
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 01:04 PM

It looks like DiMarco needs to step aside!
Posted By: sittite

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 04:10 PM

Pretty sure Barney has final say now a days-no?

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DeMeo

lol

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: sittite

Someone tell Capeci to figure this thing out.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

lol

Being that the Genovese family is the most secretive of the five families, I'd have to say that we here don't know everything about it.
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 07:00 PM

Being that the Genovese family is the most secretive of the five families, I'd have to say that we here don't know everything about it.

No shit.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Someone tell Capeci to figure this thing out.

The same Jerry Capeci who stated that Steven Crea had taken control of the Lucchese family?! lol

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 07:37 PM

The same Jerry Capeci who stated that Steven Crea had taken control of the Lucchese family?! lol

So now you're going to tell us that you know better then Capeci? Let me tell ya, blind people can see where this is going.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 07:52 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if Capeci does an article on Leo sometime this fall..

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012

So now you're going to tell us that you know better then Capeci? Let me tell ya, blind people can see where this is going.

If Steven Crea is the Lucchese boss, how does Capeci know? It hasn't been reported in the papers and it certainly wasn't mentioned by anybody on this and other forums until Gangland News put up the article.

I bet next week Capeci will publish an article where Carmine Persico has been released from his life sentence and is back running the Colombo family. rolleyes
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:26 PM

^^^capeci is more knowledgeable about the mafia than most people, so why just dump on him for no reason? do you really think that he pulls all his info outta his ass? he definatly researches his subjects about as thoroughly as possible and all signs point to crea running the lucchesse family so i don't see what your point is there.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:26 PM

If Steven Crea is the Lucchese boss, how does Capeci know? It hasn't been reported in the papers and it certainly wasn't mentioned by anybody on this and other forums until Gangland News put up the article.

I bet next week Capeci will publish an article where Carmine Persico has been released from his life sentence and is back running the Colombo family. rolleyes

Yeah, how does one of the biggest experts on the NY mob with numerous sources in law enforcement and the underworld know a thing like that rolleyes .

Jesus man you carry yourself like a complete idiot, you do realize that, don't you?

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:29 PM

So why isn't Persico classed as "retired" then?

(Don't answer, I'm off).

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:32 PM

It hasnt been in the paper? Where do you think his gangland article is published?

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:37 PM

It hasn't been in the New York Times, the New York Post and the New York Daily News, as far as I can tell. And I frquently go onto those sites and catch up with mob information. If Steven Crea being the new Lucchese boss has appeared in those, or any other American newspapers, please, feel free to tell.

Jerry Capeci is an expert on the mafia, and is highly regarded even by myself. As is Selwyn Raab. But because one is an expert, that doesn't mean I have to take his every word that comes from his mouth. Even experts need to show verification of sources, like we all do when compiling a work. I also quote books and newspaper sources when I write my book. Even Obama would have to state sources, even he's not above the rules of literacy.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:43 PM

Jerry Capeci is an expert on the mafia, and is highly regarded even by myself.

I'm sure he's ecstatic.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:46 PM

He's not. He doesn't know I exist. He might do if I ever get my mafia book published. You see, an expert like Capeci would hold his contacts and information in high regard, and might even see every organised crime book released onto the market just to see what others know or have written about.

Yes, I've had serious writers block where I have deemed my work inferior, but only for a short while! smile

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 09:57 PM

He's not. He doesn't know I exist. He might do if I ever get my mafia book published. You see, an expert like Capeci would hold his contacts and information in high regard, and might even see every organised crime book released onto the market just to see what others know or have written about.

Yes, I've had serious writers block where I have deemed my work inferior, but only for a short while! smile

Thank god! Then you can explain to the rest of us how Crea isn't really a boss and Persico should be listed as retired. I'm sure Capeci can't wait either.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:02 PM

i think around 2005 angelo prisco got caught on wire bad mouthing leo and would preffer that barney will be the boss. they killed barneys brother in law. so i guess he might not be the man cause the guys who killed him are still around. the turncoat from springfield antohny a said artie nigro was acting boss 2003, were was leo then? its a guessing game i think theres a boss for evry borough. thats controls 2 or 3 other capo's wheres allie shades in this? he's been out a couple years.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:05 PM

i think around 2005 angelo prisco got caught on wire bad mouthing leo and would preffer that barney will be the boss. they killed barneys brother in law. so i guess he might not be the man cause the guys who killed him are still around. the turncoat from springfield antohny a said artie nigro was acting boss 2003, were was leo then? its a guessing game i think theres a boss for evry borough. thats controls 2 or 3 other capo's wheres allie shades in this? he's been out a couple years.i like capeci he got a ton of sources, probaly wiseguys who are brooke, and lawyers who get there pic in gangland and cops with 2 many wives.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:06 PM

Thank god! Then you can explain to the rest of us how Crea isn't really a boss and Persico should be listed as retired. I'm sure Capeci can't wait either.

I can't write about Crea not being the Lucchese boss. Why? Because there is no source for this! Obviously. I can only write about things that have references, like Daniel Leo. But hey, its okay to feel the way you do about the project.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:13 PM

I can't write about Crea not being the Lucchese boss. Why? Because there is no source for this! Obviously. I can only write about things that have references, like Daniel Leo. But hey, its okay to feel the way you do about the project.

Maybe your second book can be about just how many idiots there are on the internet.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:19 PM

Maybe your second book can be about just how many idiots there are on the internet.

I'm sure I could fit you in there someplace. You were referring to yourself?

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:21 PM

Crea has been in line to be boss since Amuso took over imo. Email Jerry and ask him if he has w source, im sure hed he hwppy to share it with you.

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/04/12 10:50 PM

The last little snippets of info came in articles in 2009 and 2011. The 2009 article said the Genovese family was then being run by a "rotating panel" of recently released high-level members, including Benny Mangano, Barney Bellomo, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico. The 2011 article, which covered Tino Fiumara's death, said he had been on a three man ruling panel running the family.

The same Jerry Capeci who stated that Steven Crea had taken control of the Lucchese family?!

I'd say Capeci reporting that Crea took over holds more weight than just some beat writer at one of the NY papers. Capeci is usually out in front on these things and has better sources. When it comes to quality coverage of the mob, the only guys who can compare to Capeci are Raab, Robbins, and Anastasia.

Beyond that, Crea was widely thought to be an obvious shoe-in for a long time. So I don't know why him now being the boss is so unbelievable. He was the underboss previously after all.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/10/12 03:25 PM

I'm sure I could fit you in there someplace. You were referring to yourself?

Ham on Rye Hold DeMeo, panic crazy

Can you put me in your book too?
Posted By: carmela

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/10/12 09:32 PM

Hey I wanna be in DeMeo's book too! He told me I have serious passive-aggressive issues (no fucking DUH!). That has to have a place in there somewhere.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 08/11/12 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Hey I wanna be in DeMeo's book too! He told me I have serious passive-aggressive issues (no fucking DUH!). That has to have a place in there somewhere.
DUH!!!! ha ha ha ha
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Danny Leo out of prison? - 01/08/13 09:49 PM

Being let back into society soon
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET