Home

Paul Kelly

Posted By: danielperrygin

Paul Kelly - 08/03/12 01:21 PM

This was on rd and didnt get one reply but from me, i thiught it may get talked about over here a little more:
Originally Posted By: "limey"
Another old OC myth is debunked in a new book called Manhattan Mafia Guide by Eric Ferrara.

A section on Paul Kelly [Vaccarelli] and the Five Points Gang, completley destroys the old story that he led this gang.

Citing numerous sources, he establishes Kelly as the head of a rival gang [The Paul Kelly Association] with different clubs and hang-outs.

Indeed the Five Points, led by Jack Sirocco, and Kelly's gang were in conflict in 1905.

The Monk Eastman gang also clashed with both these gangs, Five Points in 1902 and Kelly's in 1903.

Limey.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Paul Kelly - 08/03/12 01:26 PM

The only thing I heard about Paul Kelly was that he ran Tammaty hall for years. And I also heard he helped start off alot of famous guys Luciano, Lucchese, Costello etc...
Posted By: jace

Re: Paul Kelly - 08/03/12 05:51 PM

I made error of buying Manhattan Mafia Guide. It is a location based book, man who wrote it is New York tour guide, and book is mostly focused on places where he gives his tours. One description of a killing says a "Man was strangled to death"
Other profiles seem to go off in other directions, and they are for most part short profiles.
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Paul Kelly - 08/03/12 09:44 PM

Ive read he was a pioneer of labor union racketeering.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET