Home

Montreal: Man, 60, gunned down outside his home

Posted By: Strax

Montreal: Man, 60, gunned down outside his home - 07/17/12 11:07 AM

MONTREAL – A 60-year-old man was declared dead on arrival in hospital after he was gunned down outside his LaSalle home Sunday night.

The victim sustained several gunshot wounds to the upper body while approaching his house on Gamelin St. near George St., police said.

Police sources have confirmed that the man who was killed was Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, a man once tied to at least two high profile cocaine deals that went bad during the 1990's, including one that involved more than 200 kilograms of cocaine.

He was also rounded up in 1994 with several people tied to the Mafia and the Hells Angels after the RCMP set up a phoney money exchange counter in downtown Montreal to find out who was laundering dirty money in the city.

In 1996, Gutierrez pleaded guilty in three different cases, including the one involving the money exchange counter, and received a 10-year prison sentence.

Sources who spoke to The Gazette said they knew little of Gutierrez or why he would have been targeted in Sunday's shooting.

It was the 16th killing thus far this year on Montreal Island.

Souruce: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/LaSa...l#ixzz20sR2bgJz
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Montreal: Man, 60, gunned down outside his home - 07/17/12 02:25 PM

16th Killing... sheesh.. I love that city! Strax, any idea as of yet if this has anything to do with what's been happening up there with LCN? I see it says he has ties with both Mafia and H.A.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Montreal: Man, 60, gunned down outside his home - 07/17/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
16th Killing... sheesh.. I love that city! Strax, any idea as of yet if this has anything to do with what's been happening up there with LCN? I see it says he has ties with both Mafia and H.A.

Well i think yes,u should check out this article:

LaSalle shooting victim once a major drug trafficker

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/LaSa...l#ixzz20phLN046
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Montreal: Man, 60, gunned down outside his home - 07/17/12 07:03 PM

Doesn't necessarily have to be related to Italian organized crime.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET