Home

The Psychology of These Mobsters...

Posted By: NickyScarfo

The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 06/30/12 05:35 PM

Maybe I could of put this in the general discussion section, but I think it would get more play here. Again we have seen another news story from mexico, some captured Los Zetas being beheaded slowly on video, just another sick, gruesome act from that drug war. I'm interested by just how are they so ruthless these members? This goes way beyond us talking about the Mafia in America etc. There seems to be hundreds, even thousands of these guys in the cartels who can do such acts as cut a live persons head off calmly, while filming it and torture children, women etc. These seem beyond Sociopaths etc, almost animals perhaps. What is the culture over there that people can be brought up to do this? I can understand wanting to make money etc, even I can understand murder, like to shoot someone, but the sickness of how those people do it, how can we explain it??
Posted By: Ted

Re: The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 06/30/12 06:06 PM

3rd world upbringing+enormous profits from drugs+ineffective law enforcement=brings out the worst in people. I'm sure some of these mobsters are capable of doing such things. Sonny Franzese talked about dismembering dead bodies.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 06/30/12 06:22 PM

I think Zetas guys especially go beyond anything any American mafia guy is, or was capable of.
Posted By: ht2

Re: The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 06/30/12 06:40 PM

Read about Milgram experiments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcvSNg0HZwk

These experiments prove that otherwise normal persons can perform unspeakable acts if they believe they are taking orders from an authoritative figure.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 06/30/12 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I think Zetas guys especially go beyond anything any American mafia guy is, or was capable of.

While the scale is obviously much larger, they haven't done anything that hasn't been done in the past by LCN guys. LCN guys have tortured people, had them brutally murdered, drained them in the bathtub, cut them up, dissolved them in acid, etc. The difference comes down to the fact the LCN is operating in the U.S., which has superior law enforcement. And they don't have the need to kill in the way, or the numbers, the cartels are.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 06/30/12 10:51 PM

They're on drugs or drunk before they kill more often than not. You can do all sorts of horrible shit when you're on cocaine without feeling anything. When the high wears off, you might feel a little guilty, so you just take more of the substance of choice to get rid of these feelings... and you can do all sorts of horrible shit again.

Now if you combine all this with someone who's a sociopath to begin with, it gets pretty nasty.

According to Murder Machine, DeMeo's liver was in the same condition as that of alcoholic street bums. He would have had to have been drinking at late stage alcoholic levels (i.e., 30+ units of alcohol a day - some get up to 45 or so) for that to have happened. So he would have been drunk or badly hungover constantly, even if he was good at hiding it.
Posted By: CarloRizzo

Re: The Psychology of These Mobsters... - 07/01/12 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
They're on drugs or drunk before they kill more often than not. You can do all sorts of horrible shit when you're on cocaine without feeling anything. When the high wears off, you might feel a little guilty, so you just take more of the substance of choice to get rid of these feelings... and you can do all sorts of horrible shit again.

Now if you combine all this with someone who's a sociopath to begin with, it gets pretty nasty.

According to Murder Machine, DeMeo's liver was in the same condition as that of alcoholic street bums. He would have had to have been drinking at late stage alcoholic levels (i.e., 30+ units of alcohol a day - some get up to 45 or so) for that to have happened. So he would have been drunk or badly hungover constantly, even if he was good at hiding it.

thats interesting. I had heard that Demeo was a cocaine addict and Paul C. figured he was about to get caught and rat so they killed him. Never heard of the alcohol problems before.

I guess he was just a messed up individual in every way.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET