Home

Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer

Posted By: bonanno

Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 03:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svn0bPxUyu4&feature=g-vrec
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 05:17 PM

Bonanno is that going to a documentary or indie flick? These guys are getting old and the cats out of the bag they should start making movies about a lot of these guys even if they have to hold off releasing some of them for a little while.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 05:18 PM

I just saw this on there too.
The first 11 minutes of dark visions on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=3xpn-rG-EHg
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Bonanno is that going to a documentary or indie flick? These guys are getting old and the cats out of the bag they should start making movies about a lot of these guys even if they have to hold off releasing some of them for a little while.

Documentary.

Here's the first 11 minutes for anyone who hasn't seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xpn-rG-EHg
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 08:09 PM

Isn't this guy full'a shit?! I thought he lied about his service in Vietnam.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 09:06 PM

he says a gambino boss or capo has to be Sicilian ...fuckin dumbass...Gotti was not sicilian...
Posted By: CarloRizzo

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/11/12 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress
he says a gambino boss or capo has to be Sicilian ...fuckin dumbass...Gotti was not sicilian...

Gotti became boss in 86, by that time Montiglio was already in the witness protection program. Prior to Gotti it was true though, they were Sicilians. Gotti changed it because he became boss via an unsanctioned murder, but now they have gone back to the old ways with Cefalu.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/12/12 03:02 AM

its just another classic case of Dominick...spoutin off shit. toothless bastard just looking for another paycheck.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/12/12 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By: CarloRizzo

Gotti became boss in 86, by that time Montiglio was already in the witness protection program. Prior to Gotti it was true though, they were Sicilians. Gotti changed it because he became boss via an unsanctioned murder, but now they have gone back to the old ways with Cefalu.

It only took them a quarter of a century to accomplish that and rid themselves of the Gotti "curse"
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 06/12/12 06:16 AM

I bought the documentary and it's OK. However, there's nothing new in it other than those "rare images" I posted Monday, plus a couple very short video clips of Roy, Henry, and Joey talking that are kind of neat. Other than that, all you really need if you're a mob buff are those pics that I posted.

Actually it's mostly Dominick drunkenly rambling about his paintings and shit. They should have got a professional narrator, as Dominick manages to ruin his own documentary with his drunken slurred speech and semicoherent rants.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 10/13/12 09:30 PM

Where can this doc be purchased? The 11 minute version on youtube has 20.00 and www.dominickmontiglio.com but the site does not work.
Posted By: conopizza

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 10/14/12 06:25 PM

re: Dominick's military service, is there a Gangsterbb.net consensus on this?

I find it HIGHLY unlikely that he didn't, in fact, serve in the Army, and in 'Nam...

Though obviously it's possible he embellished certain stories; wouldn't the Feds have checked him out when he became a cooperating witness?

I think I've even seen references doubting Dominick's service altogether but that seems far-fetched... I've not done so but I wouldn't be suprised if we could find contemporary, local newspaper confirmation of at least DM's enlistment...

I understand the part about his military records going bye-bye with WITSEC but find it highly improbably he could invent everything, or that Nino Gaggi would have entrusted DM to the extent he did if the service was a (total) fraud.

Appreciate all thoughts on the matter!
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 10/16/12 12:10 PM

I could be wrong but I thought he was Special Forces in Vietnam? I don't think he did a lot of missions in Vietnam, but I'm pretty sure he was Special Forces. In the rare photos or the DeMeo photos section there are pictures of him in Vietnam with his unit.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 10/16/12 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
I could be wrong but I thought he was Special Forces in Vietnam? I don't think he did a lot of missions in Vietnam, but I'm pretty sure he was Special Forces. In the rare photos or the DeMeo photos section there are pictures of him in Vietnam with his unit.

He was a green beret
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 10/16/12 08:40 PM

Werent his records locked when he entered witness protection?
Making researching his army career rather difficult.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 11/08/12 08:58 PM

From what was wrote in murder machine he was not only in Vietnam but also in some dangerous missions and saved his unit in 1mission.could be bs but the way he rigged the grenade in the car for nino points to him known a lil at least
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 11/08/12 09:22 PM

I wonder if he really worked on the lunar module
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/11/14 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
I bought the documentary and it's OK. However, there's nothing new in it other than those "rare images" I posted Monday, plus a couple very short video clips of Roy, Henry, and Joey talking that are kind of neat. Other than that, all you really need if you're a mob buff are those pics that I posted.

Actually it's mostly Dominick drunkenly rambling about his paintings and shit. They should have got a professional narrator, as Dominick manages to ruin his own documentary with his drunken slurred speech and semicoherent rants.

Can you actually hear them talking; what they sound like?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/11/14 10:00 PM

capeci an co author are highly respected writers they would have easily fact check the Vietnam shit. he probly did embellish his mob creditials . Dom seems like be was not a earner but a collecter for his uncle when demeo was a smart killer and earner if he never got indicted with big Paul he may be alive today my guess. when he got clipped he crew all got scared and flipped. they were a force we know.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/11/14 10:28 PM

I thought that the Bonnano family was a "Sicilian" family, no? Did they not have those same rules or it was just Joe Bonnano who was the only guy who was more privy to Sicilians?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/11/14 10:45 PM

OK maybe this guy is full of shit about that..
Posted By: karona1

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/17/14 11:04 PM

yes. under carman galante the bonnanos brought in "zips". i beleive that had their own crew.
Posted By: Rille1996

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/18/14 03:47 PM

can you hear the voices?
Posted By: funkster

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/26/14 09:16 PM

FYI this is on Amazon instant...nice.
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

Gotti was not of that Italian region (Sicily), and neither were most of the people in the 'De Meo Crew'.

The youtube link did not work for me is it a documentary?
Posted By: ProvidenceDon28

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 01:32 PM

I will never support a rat, fuck him

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ProvidenceDon28

I can't understand the mentality of people like you. All these gangsters, they wouldn't piss on people like us if we were on fire. There is nothing to admire about any of them.

Dom served his country, never killed anyone and only got dragged in to the life because his evil, penny pinching, attempted cop killing uncle refused to let him see his own father and sabotaged every attempt for Dom to go straight just so he could have another source of income.

Dom deserves sympathy not vitriol for his alcohol and drug addiction. His uncle screwed up his life.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

I can't understand the mentality of people like you. All these gangsters, they wouldn't piss on people like us if we were on fire. There is nothing to admire about any of them.

Dom served his country, never killed anyone and only got dragged in to the life because his evil, penny pinching, attempted cop killing uncle refused to let him see his own father and sabotaged every attempt for Dom to go straight just so he could have another source of income.

Dom deserves sympathy not vitriol for his alcohol and drug addiction. His uncle screwed up his life.

Es la verdad.

Although I personally do not believe that other people "force" people to use drugs or alcohol or become addicted to them as it's the person's own personal choice to use, and many people do wind up becoming addicted or have an addictive personality, or have alcoholism or addiction that runs in the genes.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 03:09 PM

Cuckold and Content,

I agree with much of what you said. People who abuse substances are responsible for making the decision initially to use those substances. Often what they are not responsible for are the factors that play a role in the person's likelihood of becoming an addict such as, the substance of choice i.e. heroin vs alcohol, their family history of substance abuse, their genetic make up, their environment growing up, a lack a social support in and outside of the home, they may have very few copings skills and if they have a history of trauma or abuse. Folks who have several or all of these factors I listed are a lock to become addicted once the substance is introduced. BTW the most well adjusted and respected person we know that have none of the factors I listed above will become physically dependent on opiates/heroin in three days. Crack and Heroin are specifically designed to be addictive, they are both short acting and provide an intense high initially.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: NNY78
Cuckold and Content,

I agree with much of what you said. People who abuse substances are responsible for making the decision initially to use those substances. Often what they are not responsible for are the factors that play a role in the person's likelihood of becoming an addict such as, the substance of choice i.e. heroin vs alcohol, their family history of substance abuse, their genetic make up, their environment growing up, a lack a social support in and outside of the home, they may have very few copings skills and if they have a history of trauma or abuse. Folks who have several or all of these factors I listed are a lock to become addicted once the substance is introduced. BTW the most well adjusted and respected person we know that have none of the factors I listed above will become physically dependent on opiates/heroin in three days. Crack and Heroin are specifically designed to be addictive, they are both short acting and provide an intense high initially.

What about meth? That's very addictive and apparently it's very strong and it makes regular amphetamines or "speed" look like nothing at all.

Some people do become physically addicted to drugs like alcohol and opiates, and other people do not but still have the psychological addiction or get cravings.
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 04:37 PM

I understand it. A recent rat, who was also an wounded Gulf war veteran, was involved in a case which spanned from 09 - 13. Know why he wore a wire? Because he was arrested on charges of pedophilia and facing life.
Do the crime, face your time. Scum like that deserve death, nevermind becoming a government golden child. And these feds can somehow go to sleep at night? Shame on them. I hope people like the ones who handle rats like that die of cancer.
By the way, that perspective of mine should have no automatic assumption that I hold the criminals harmless, they're pieces of human garbage as well... But not all of them.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Garbageman

I understand it. A recent rat, who was also an wounded Gulf war veteran, was involved in a case which spanned from 09 - 13. Know why he wore a wire? Because he was arrested on charges of pedophilia and facing life.
Do the crime, face your time. Scum like that deserve death, nevermind becoming a government golden child. And these feds can somehow go to sleep at night? Shame on them. I hope people like the ones who handle rats like that die of cancer.
By the way, that perspective of mine should have no automatic assumption that I hold the criminals harmless, they're pieces of human garbage as well... But not all of them.

!!! that is sick that he was a ped0 and trying to get a reduced sentance or slap on the wrist by doing that.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 06:01 PM

CAC,

IMO I wouldn't put Meth in the same class as heroin and crack in this context. Crack,(Cocaine) and Heroin,(Morphine Derivative) were existing drugs that were altered on purpose to be especially addictive. Meth is no less destructive though.

Moe,

By anyone's measure this guy we are talking about in this thread is a sick bastard if he did in fact abuse a child.

I agree with you that people with substance abuse and mental health problems need our support and compassion not our condemnation. People with a substance abuse or mental health problem are ill just like the person with diabetes or heart disease. We don't treat the guy with heart disease who eats four days a week at Burger King or the diabetic who sneaks a piece of cake or hides a box of chocolates like Ginny Sack the same way the addict or alcoholic is isolated, mocked, dismissed and belittled. Shame on us

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 06:42 PM

This is the first I have ever heard of Dominick abusing a child.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 06:57 PM

He's talking about someone else. Montiglio has never been charged with child abuse.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

He's talking about someone else. Montiglio has never been charged with child abuse.

Oh.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Phew. Why was that even brought up? I'm confused.

I think he was just trying to make the point that sometimes rats are given deals, then turn around and continue to commit crimes.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 07:33 PM

Some, like Greg Scarpa, are allowed to continue committing crime whilst simultaneously ratting. And I think I read that Accetturro had been ratting since the 60's.

Got to say, I am cynical about Frank Lino's shows of guilt too.

Guys like him are masters of deception. It's probably like flicking a light switch.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 07:53 PM

Moe,

I was responding to this comment by another poster sorry for the confusion.

b]Know why he wore a wire? Because he was arrested on charges of pedophilia and facing life. [/b]

Thanks PB for helping to clear that up.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 07:55 PM

Thanks PB for helping to clear that up.

That's what I do lol.
Posted By: ProvidenceDon28

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/27/14 10:26 PM

I dont support rats because at the end of the day we are all men and when we make choices, we make them willingly. All of a sudden when shit goes down hill people start saving their own skin because they don't want to go to jail, if thats the case don't get into the life to begin with.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/28/14 01:38 PM

CAC,

IMO I wouldn't put Meth in the same class as heroin and crack in this context. Crack,(Cocaine) and Heroin,(Morphine Derivative) were existing drugs that were altered on purpose to be especially addictive. Meth is no less destructive though.

Moe,

By anyone's measure this guy we are talking about in this thread is a sick bastard if he did in fact abuse a child.

I agree with you that people with substance abuse and mental health problems need our support and compassion not our condemnation. People with a substance abuse or mental health problem are ill just like the person with diabetes or heart disease. We don't treat the guy with heart disease who eats four days a week at Burger King or the diabetic who sneaks a piece of cake or hides a box of chocolates like Ginny Sack the same way the addict or alcoholic is isolated, mocked, dismissed and belittled. Shame on us

Cocaine including crack, is not physically addictive. But I have heard that it is very psychologically addictive. I have heard that crystal meth is even more addictive than crack/coke are, and that many people have tried to quit using methamphetamine and the rate of people who quit, become sober, and stay sober for long periods of time is very low.

I do not know alcoholics who are mocked, belittled, or isolated. But I do know people who are very good at hiding SA (substance abuse) issues, or pretending to themselves that they do not have a problem or addiction to alcohol or other drugs.

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 04/28/14 03:38 PM

CAC,

Your confusing the lack of danger during withdrawal with the drug not being physically addictive. Cocaine, Meth and the whole lot of abused legal and illegal substances are physically and psychologically addictive to a greater or lesser degree depending on the class of drug. The physical effects on the brain from all substances of abuse has been well documented in the medical community for many years. Will the withdrawal from meth be dangerous, rarely if the patient is otherwise healthy, however there is a great likelihood that someone withdrawing from alcohol, barbs or benzos could/may have convulsions, arrhythmia or cardiac arrest regardless of their current health status. People like to say that cannabis is not physically addictive but again this just isn't so. The only people making that argument in this day and age are insurance companies that don't want to pay for detox for the cocaine/meth/weed addict. People tend to equate the lack of serious withdrawal with the substance not being physically addictive. THC is stored in fat cells and takes a long time to clear the system that is the reason why the physical withdrawal is negligible. I find it interesting that you haven't seen or heard of any instances were addicts/alcoholics are looked down upon yet you are very aware of how adept the addict has become at hiding something they are very ashamed of. Here is a tidbit of info on meth you may find interesting, the decongestants used to make meth are the cause of the rapid tooth decay seen in so many meth addicts, not the lack of dental care. The meth dries up the nasal and mucus membranes and allows bacteria to multiply very quickly. I appreciate your interest in this area but it is important that we stick with the facts so we don't add to the stigma.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 01/30/18 09:55 AM

This documentary was bullshit!
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 01/30/18 05:03 PM

Who would buy a painting from this crack head ??
Posted By: pmac

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 01/31/18 02:17 AM

this guy is the reason for my interest in oc books. think i read murder machine about 15 yrs back. he is a shady character single handedly is that a word? destroyed his family. he blames his uncle nino so much gross. did his documentry really get released i can probaly find it on youtube rite? i might give it achance. murder machine was a fucking blast of a book. but as long time reader alot of the shit in it was not factual. alot of the stuff with demeo and his crew. next time mike franses of scars does a question and answer ama we need to find out who the actual shooter of demeo was? casso and gravano probaly told the feds but why is it still kinda a mystery. maybe it was frank deccico and he died with the secret or nino gagi
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 01/31/18 05:57 AM

I don't know how old this documentary is BUT, I do believe that a lot of what he said in the beginning of his interviews were 95% true.....The fact that he claims to still be in NYC and as a painter is a little odd to me.

Leonetti, Pistone and even Franzese are not stupid enough to go into NYC like all is forgiven.

When Montiglio speaks it kind of reminds me of Frank Cullotta......Yes Frank released some juicy stuff but anything from the present day is just rehashed info.
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 01/31/18 06:47 AM

I find his credibility to be iffy. Definitely embellishes but I do not doubt his involvement with Nino and Roy.

And I have seen it only on a site or two but is it true Dominick passed away in the last year or two?

Re: Dominick Montiglio - Dark Visions Movie Trailer - 02/02/18 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
I find his credibility to be iffy. Definitely embellishes but I do not doubt his involvement with Nino and Roy.

And I have seen it only on a site or two but is it true Dominick passed away in the last year or two?

He was active on Facebook as of a year or two ago. Check there.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET