Home

Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012

Posted By: Strax

Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 10:32 AM

http://listverse.com/2012/06/05/top-15-crime-bosses-and-drug-lords-in-2012/
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 10:46 AM

Interesting list. There will be some nitpicking over this, let me tell ya.

And ranking John DiFronzo with the 15 most powerful crime bosses in the world lol? Come on.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:43 AM

I think they have used wikipedia as a reference here for difronzo and also it is questionable that the adams family is still active or even that powerful still. And can you really rank bellomo with the most powerful crime bosses in the world? maybe america.

They also missed out dawood ibrahim who runs d company, he's a pretty obvious choice for the list. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/ind...o=feeds-newsxml
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:47 AM

The list is pretty much nonsense in terms of his rankings. If were talking about Mafia how come Dom Cefalu isn't on the list while DiFronzo is?
Posted By: DeMeo

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:48 AM

Paul "Paulie Stripes" DiMarco.
Posted By: short841

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:49 AM

I dont know how italian american mafia is ranked in this since that chart of the ten top mafias in the world placed the five families as number ten...

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 12:57 PM

Domenico Condello the number 5 on the list,there are so little info about him online.Can anyone tell me more about this guy ?
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 03:10 PM

This list is a joke.

DiFronzo?

The Juarez Cartel almost went extinct after its war with the Sinaloa Cartel, with half leaving to join the Sinaloa Cartel. Vicente Carrillo Fuentes and the Juarez Cartel are still in business, but have no where near the power or influence as the Sinaloa Cartel or Zetas. Recent reports on Mexico indicate that the Zetas control the most territory.

Just my opinion, but I would have ranked Guzman #1 and Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano #2. I don't know a lot about the European OC gangs, but it seems to me the Mexican Cartels are the most violent and powerful OC gangs operating right now.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
I dont know how italian american mafia is ranked in this since that chart of the ten top mafias in the world placed the five families as number ten...

It just shows that such lists are not to be taken too seriously.
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG

Just my opinion, but I would have ranked Guzman #1 and Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano #2. I don't know a lot about the European OC gangs, but it seems to me the Mexican Cartels are the most violent and powerful OC gangs operating right now.

It all comes down to territory and where you are. In Europe, among the most violent and powerful are for example the Italians. The Mexicans don't mean much over here. Sure, they do business with the European syndicates, and sure they can send a hit team down here, but in the end, they are guests.

Same can be said vice versa. And in the end, it's all a pointless pissing contest.
Posted By: PP

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 04:58 PM

No one from the US should be on that list. No one.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 06:22 PM

Well they are all violent,powerful and ready to kill if they need to.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 06:58 PM

seems like with these rankings they were trying to go with a more diversified list rather than an accurate one. imo this list should be dominated by drug cartel and ndragheta bosses with a few russians thrown in for good measure.
Posted By: jmack

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 10:36 PM

How Guzman isn't number 1 is beyond me. Forbes has him listed as a billionaire and one of the richest men in the world. He engages in political corruption and has a huge organization. Not to mention he has been able to keep himself out of jail.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: jmack
How Guzman isn't number 1 is beyond me. Forbes has him listed as a billionaire and one of the richest men in the world. He engages in political corruption and has a huge organization. Not to mention he has been able to keep himself out of jail.

Matteo Mesina Denaro is billionaire too,very powerful and deep in political corruption.Seminon Moglievich even more,u should read some wikileaks reports.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax

Matteo Mesina Denaro is billionaire too,very powerful and deep in political corruption.Seminon Moglievich even more,u should read some wikileaks reports.

I think in a sense we are comparing apples to oranges. Denaro is diversified in his criminal interests while Guzman is strictly into narcotics trafficking.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:36 PM

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration now believes that Joaquìn Guzmàn, the notorious Mexican outlaw known as El Chapo, or shorty, has become the biggest drug lord ever.

“Chapo has a vast criminal enterprise and he has become the leading drug trafficker of all time,” says a senior U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration official

“With Chapo, he not only has the importation of cocaine, but marijuana, heroin, and methamphetamine, and he is exporting them not only to the U.S. but to Asia and Europe.”

Guzmàn protects himself by bribing top Mexican officials and using generous donations to win the battle for the hearts and minds of the people who live in areas in which he operates. Musicians in Mexico sing folk songs about him.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanvardi/...drug-lord-ever/
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:37 PM

I think in a sense we are comparing apples to oranges. Denaro is diversified in his criminal interests while Guzman is strictly into narcotics trafficking.
i think that its a misconception to think that the cartels are strictly into narcotics. while that is without question thier #1 moneymaker by far, people dont realize that they are very much into human trafficing/prostitution as well as shakedown/protection rackets in mexico as well as america. im not saying they are nearly as diversified as the mafia but they are far from the one trick pony they are so often portrayed as.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/12 11:38 PM

^^^very very true
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 12:48 AM

dom cefalu has money like that
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
The list is pretty much nonsense in terms of his rankings. If were talking about Mafia how come Dom Cefalu isn't on the list while DiFronzo is?

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

i think that its a misconception to think that the cartels are strictly into narcotics. while that is without question thier #1 moneymaker by far, people dont realize that they are very much into human trafficing/prostitution as well as shakedown/protection rackets in mexico as well as america. im not saying they are nearly as diversified as the mafia but they are far from the one trick pony they are so often portrayed as.

Agreed. That said, we will know more years from now. As of now we don't know the true scope of all of their activities. We have some examples but it seems like in time the right person flips and more info comes out. At least with American LCN and Italian groups. Not so sure about the cartels. They don't have too many examples of people flipping.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 05:52 PM

probably they didn put guzman first coz hes fighting a very ruthless batlle with both zetas other cartels and goverment that probably make him less powerful tham messina denaro or that russian that maybe have firmly in command their areas and they are as billionaire as guzman

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
probably they didn put guzman first coz hes fighting a very ruthless batlle with both zetas other cartels and goverment that probably make him less powerful tham messina denaro or that russian that maybe have firmly in command their areas and they are as billionaire as guzman

Nah. i wouldn't put too much stock into them doing any real research for them to know that. This list was probably compiled just for the sake of it and for filling up some space on their site. Its probably a compilation of other lists just with a few of their own choices added in.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 06:34 PM

of course this kind of lists are just gossip like some media articles too
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 06:54 PM

Agreed. That said, we will know more years from now. As of now we don't know the true scope of all of their activities. We have some examples but it seems like in time the right person flips and more info comes out. At least with American LCN and Italian groups. Not so sure about the cartels. They don't have too many examples of people flipping.

You got that right - very few from the Cartels have flipped. The only that comes to mind is Osiel Cárdenas Guillén, former leader of the Gulf Cartel.

There have been press reports that Edgar Valdez Villarreal ("La Barbie" from the Beltrán-Leyva Cartel Cartel) flipped after his capture in a video tapped confession, but the last I heard was his lawyer claimed it was made under duress and that all statements are denied.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 07:32 PM

mexico doesnt need people flipping its not like italy and usa where there are witness programs if mexican police wants to know something just kniddap and torture some cartel members and eventually killed them

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 07:36 PM

mexico doesnt need people flipping its not like italy and usa where there are witness programs if mexican police wants to know something just kniddap and torture some cartel members and eventually killed them

I agree that the Mexican authorities don't follow the same probable cause requirements as their US counterparts, but if it were that simple the country wouldn't have the problem that it has. Anytime organized crime is that deeply rooted the only way to remove it is with cooperators.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 07:47 PM

i remember a few yrs back the cartels found out one of their guys was cooperating with the mexican police and the dea, the cartel kidnapped his family including his kids and killed all of them, beheaded them, then dumped their bodies in the middle of a busy street and then proceeded to set the bodies on fire

talk about sending a msg that is super brutal

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 07:55 PM

yes of course mexico should adopt a witness programs or use wiretaps at least to show the goverment is a bit stronger than cartels italy adopted these laws when mafia violent became too high and although they dont solve the problems they reduce mafia violence by far
anyway in morth mexico theres an endemic violence not linked to drug cartels only its not like italy that the level of violence follows mafia foots

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 08:25 PM

yes of course mexico should adopt a witness programs or use wiretaps at least to show the goverment is a bit stronger than cartels italy adopted these laws when mafia violent became too high and although they dont solve the problems they reduce mafia violence by far
anyway in morth mexico theres an endemic violence not linked to drug cartels only its not like italy that the level of violence follows mafia foots

i am pretty sure mexico has such programs already in place, the problem is that the cartels bribe police and govt soldiers with ease given the vast amount of profits they are making from their activities.Case in point: Los Zetas, former Mexican special forces who decided to work as hitmen for the cartels and then branched out on their own, according to the US govt they are the "most technologically advanced, sophisticated, and dangerous cartel operating in Mexico."
Posted By: short841

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/11/12 08:50 PM

They make the Italians look very nice! tongue
Posted By: elmwoodparker

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 01:33 PM

Why wouldn't DiFronzo be in the top 15. He certainly is more powerful than at least 4 of the New York Bosses. He's been a Top Boss for 27 years and has only had 1 rat in the Outfit. Pretty good record. Plus that he's very wealthy and avoided prison because of his strong political connections.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: elmwoodparker
Why wouldn't DiFronzo be in the top 15. He certainly is more powerful than at least 4 of the New York Bosses. He's been a Top Boss for 27 years and has only had 1 rat in the Outfit. Pretty good record. Plus that he's very wealthy and avoided prison because of his strong political connections.

lool clearly a Chicago fan boy.

So he's more powerful then Cefalu, Crea or any of the top Genovese guys? Absolutely nowhere near, they're big players, DiFronzo isn't.

Genovese have about 10+ capo's that single handidly hold more weight then DiFronzo.

Frankie Cali is more important then pretty much the whole Chicago outfit.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

So he's more powerful then Cefalu, Crea or any of the top Genovese guys? Absolutely nowhere near, they're big players, DiFronzo isn't.

Genovese have about 10+ capo's that single handidly hold more weight then DiFronzo.

You obviously don't know much, Tommy. The only boss with more is the top Genovese guy and MAYBE Cefalu. That's it. Difronzo is worth over 30 million dollars, boss, construction companies, grocery stores, food lines, the list goes on.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 04:33 PM

i dont think i would put any american mafia boss in the same list with the likes of chapo guzman and members of the camorra and yakuza.
Posted By: Joerusso

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 04:35 PM

you right big time scorcese EL motherfucker CHAPO Guzman is a straight killer and damn near billionaire if not more all fron drug proceeds
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 04:38 PM

Speaking about the Russian matter, I doubt Mogilevich holds the power. He is big and such, but in my opinion such guys like Sergey "Mikhas" Mikhailov hold a lot more bigger influence.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Joerusso
you right big time scorcese EL motherfucker CHAPO Guzman is a straight killer and damn near billionaire if not more all fron drug proceeds

Its not just the money, its the effect that his business has internationally aswell as the amount of manpower he commands.

You cant really put a guy whos into labor rackets in new york or chicago on his level nevermind a list off the internet.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 07:23 PM

Here's another list from that site about the top 10 most evil American mobsters according to them - http://listverse.com/2011/09/01/top-10-nefarious-american-mobsters/
Posted By: Joerusso

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 08:14 PM

he is the defention of and prrof of contolliing with an iron fist ...he literally took out a entire cartel with killing so much the cartel was so frustrated discumbobulated that they was around with their heads cut off killed an innocent man and one of their main shooters at the same time and then the man power and respect h demands is like more then the mexican army and federal government together EL cHAPO def is a top 5 nevermind 15

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 10:34 PM

Tommy Gambino, Like NickyEyes1 said above me, You obviously don't know much and are one of those way exaggerating New York Fan boys.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 11:07 PM

Why is difronzo on that list? Difronzo doesnt even have the makings of a varsity athelete!

That list should be 1-15 russian, columbians , or mexicans.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Joerusso
he is the defention of and prrof of contolliing with an iron fist ...he literally took out a entire cartel with killing so much the cartel was so frustrated discumbobulated that they was around with their heads cut off killed an innocent man and one of their main shooters at the same time and then the man power and respect h demands is like more then the mexican army and federal government together EL cHAPO def is a top 5 nevermind 15

exactly, the list is bullshit because it didn't even include dawood ibrahim(d company) or dudus coke (leader of the jamaican shower posse).

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

You obviously don't know much, Tommy. The only boss with more is the top Genovese guy and MAYBE Cefalu. That's it. Difronzo is worth over 30 million dollars, boss, construction companies, grocery stores, food lines, the list goes on.

Says the official bb loanshark... rolleyes lol

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 11:23 PM

Skinny, I believe DiFronzo received his varsity letter in basket weaving. He made all conference and all state in that sport.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/02/13 11:43 PM

I don't think any American should be on the list really.

Say what you want about DiFronzo, but he's more than likely going to die a free man. Which is a pretty rare thing for a boss nowadays.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 12:05 AM

difronzo is only a free man bc hes a rat.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

Says the official bb loanshark... rolleyes lol

Hell yeah! Need a loan?

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 12:24 AM

Yeah nicky send me 20k thru western union. ill pay ur juice!

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 12:25 AM

20% interest!

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 12:26 AM

Of coarse nicky ill pay you back

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 12:33 AM

You should know about rats being from New York.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/03/13 02:17 AM

difronzo is only a free man bc hes a rat.

Just like Neil Dellacroce. lol
Posted By: abc123

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Semion Mogilevich is someone to be taken seriously but the rest on the list is crap.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: abc123

Semion Mogilevich is someone to be taken seriously but the rest on the list is crap.

Rest of the list is crap? El Chapo,Matteo Messina Denaro...

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 01:37 PM

I know how rich diFRONZO is but does that make him more respected? Not a chance, pretty much all of that has come from legit busineses. You question if cefaou holds more weight then difronzo? LOL cefalu has nearly 200 soldiers under him, difronxo is in charge of a washed up family eho have less soldiers then genovese jersey family

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 02:26 PM

He's rich and respected. He has more guys under him than the 28 made men you the think he has. You're last comment makes no sense.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 06:44 PM

Between the 6 main westside NJ crews, there are about 50 soldiers.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 06:59 PM

He's rich and respected. He has more guys under him than the 28 made men you the think he has. You're last comment makes no sense.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 07:28 PM

Look im not saying the charts are right. They are not. Going off that chart ive seen for chicago (it was blue had a ton of little boxes and pictures), i think 40 made guys sounds reasonable to me. Ive seen ivys charts. Every single one ive seen are wrong. The administration for every chart he has for philly, NJ, 5 families is wrong. Hes missing captains, soldiers, etc. Not that fbi has it wrong, its just the FBI doesnt release yearly charts and status updates, he just goes on whatever he can find, and hes done a good job. But it should be looked at as raw data not fact. Sorry for the rude comment ive edited it out

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 10:31 PM

Look im not saying the charts are right. They are not. Going off that chart ive seen for chicago (it was blue had a ton of little boxes and pictures), i think 40 made guys sounds reasonable to me. Ive seen ivys charts. Every single one ive seen are wrong. The administration for every chart he has for philly, NJ, 5 families is wrong. Hes missing captains, soldiers, etc. Not that fbi has it wrong, its just the FBI doesnt release yearly charts and status updates, he just goes on whatever he can find, and hes done a good job. But it should be looked at as raw data not fact. Sorry for the rude comment ive edited it out

First, they're not really my charts. They mainly come from the work of another poster, who is well known as the foremost "chart guy" on these forums. But one can only keep them up to date as much as possible, i.e. according to the latest public info. Nobody has ever claimed they are 100% accurate. I would say they are more accurate than not, however. So, to say they're not 100% accurate would be appropriate. To say "they're wrong" isn't.

Also, I don't know why you're saying the administrations are wrong. Let's go down the list here. Genovese family? That's obviously a tough one but the last public info were those small news blurbs in 2009 and 2010. The Gambino administration of Cefalu, Cali, and Vernace is public record. It hasn't been released who the Lucchese underboss is but we do know that Crea is the boss and Caridi was the last known consigliere. Colombos? Persico will obviously be boss until he dies. Franzese was the last known underboss but maybe that's changed since he's likely to die in prison. We know Montemerano is acting underboss. And Fuso is the consigliere. Bonannos? It was recently revealed in a Gang Land News article that the family is being led by a ruling panel of Rabito, Asaro, and DiFiore.

New Jersey? Riggi is obviously still the boss and Miranda the last known underboss. Not sure about consigiliere. New England? The only position known for sure is that Carmen DiNunzio is consigliere. Not sure about the rest of the administration. Philadelphia? It's obviously now known that Merlino is boss. Ligambi was identified as underboss/acting boss in the indictment. And, if I remember right, Mazzone was identified as consigliere at one point; but also may be the acting boss right now. Chicago? Whether there is still a traditional administration is unclear. In recent years the family has been run by acting boss, i.e. Marcello and Sarno. The membership has been well documented by the FBI - around 30 at most. If people want to inflate that total, so they can sleep better at night, that's their problem.

Anyway, Skinny, if you want to add your 2 cents to the charts, that would be much appreciated. But you need to do more than just say, "They're wrong." You've got to specify what you think is wrong, as well as what you believe the real info is. Simply saying, "They're wrong," while holding to some internet code of Omerta, isn't going to fly.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 11:12 PM

You never sent me chicago charts. NE idk about, i should have said idk about them but i forgot you sent me those.

Westside doesnt even have #2s or 3s. They have a bunch of acting/street bosses that change. You could make the arguement that 1 guy runs that show, or 2 guys together, or a panel. I honestly cant say for sure who pulls all the strings, i have an opinion but thats it, no facts. Ive heard of 4 guys that have only been id'ed as captains or less when you google them. Who you could call a street boss. Lucchese-#2 and #3 are wrong. Both are BX/Manhattan guys. Caridi is soldier now under Migliore. Gambinos-ive heard conflicting versions of who it is so i wont guess until i know for sure. Colombos ive said is Billy Russo thru his dad and Ally P. Your #2 and 3 are wrong. Shacks has stepped down i have heard and so has Farese i know for sure. Fusco is def not #3. Whats his name Joe Budanza. (sp?) is either 2 or 3 its been awhile since ive heard anything about that. Bonnanos-look at Rabito. I know they have a panel but still... TV wont be boss when he gets out imo. Look at A.C. NJ-Miranda retired a few yrs ago. Philly-your missing a guy named Johnny Chang.

And im sorry but i will have to refer to the code of internet omerta for some of these guys. Ive explained why a thousand times plus i wouldnt want to anger a certain guy from the bronx hehe

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/09/13 11:14 PM

Does that "fly"?

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/13 05:55 AM

Westside doesnt even have #2s or 3s. They have a bunch of acting/street bosses that change. You could make the arguement that 1 guy runs that show, or 2 guys together, or a panel. I honestly cant say for sure who pulls all the strings, i have an opinion but thats it, no facts. Ive heard of 4 guys that have only been id'ed as captains or less when you google them. Who you could call a street boss.

I agree with this. For years now, the family seems to have been by a ruling panel of captains, with one stepping up as acting boss on occasion.

Quote:
Lucchese-#2 and #3 are wrong. Both are BX/Manhattan guys. Caridi is soldier now under Migliore.

Well, you'll notice the charts I've posted haven't named a #2 for the Luccheses. Caridi? I'm totally open to that having changed but who?

Quote:
Gambinos-ive heard conflicting versions of who it is so i wont guess until i know for sure.

There aren't any conflicting versions as far as the feds are concerned. #1 Cefalu, #2 Cali, #3 Vernace. Some people on the forums have tried to make up their own administrations, even after the feds released this info, but we know where that usually gets us. Vernace may have changed, since he'll likely die in prison but Cefalu and Cali's positions are fairly recent.

Quote:
Colombos ive said is Billy Russo thru his dad and Ally P. Your #2 and 3 are wrong. Shacks has stepped down i have heard and so has Farese i know for sure. Fusco is def not #3. Whats his name Joe Budanza. (sp?) is either 2 or 3 its been awhile since ive heard anything about that.

Again, it's completely possible that Shacks is no longer acting underboss and Fusco is no longer consigliere, but who has replaced them?

Quote:
Bonnanos-look at Rabito. I know they have a panel but still... TV wont be boss when he gets out imo. Look at A.C.

A.C.?

Quote:
NJ-Miranda retired a few yrs ago.

OK....

Quote:
Philly-your missing a guy named Johnny Chang.

It's totally conceivable that he's helping run things now.

Quote:
And im sorry but i will have to refer to the code of internet omerta for some of these guys. Ive explained why a thousand times plus i wouldnt want to anger a certain guy from the bronx hehe

And I've said before that I understand that. But, for conversation purposes, that doesn't do us much good.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/13 01:12 PM

First, they're not really my charts. They mainly come from the work of another poster, who is well known as the foremost "chart guy" on these forums. But one can only keep them up to date as much as possible, i.e. according to the latest public info. Nobody has ever claimed they are 100% accurate. I would say they are more accurate than not, however. So, to say they're not 100% accurate would be appropriate. To say "they're wrong" isn't.

Also, I don't know why you're saying the administrations are wrong. Let's go down the list here. Genovese family? That's obviously a tough one but the last public info were those small news blurbs in 2009 and 2010. The Gambino administration of Cefalu, Cali, and Vernace is public record. It hasn't been released who the Lucchese underboss is but we do know that Crea is the boss and Caridi was the last known consigliere. Colombos? Persico will obviously be boss until he dies. Franzese was the last known underboss but maybe that's changed since he's likely to die in prison. We know Montemerano is acting underboss. And Fuso is the consigliere. Bonannos? It was recently revealed in a Gang Land News article that the family is being led by a ruling panel of Rabito, Asaro, and DiFiore.

New Jersey? Riggi is obviously still the boss and Miranda the last known underboss. Not sure about consigiliere. New England? The only position known for sure is that Carmen DiNunzio is consigliere. Not sure about the rest of the administration. Philadelphia? It's obviously now known that Merlino is boss. Ligambi was identified as underboss/acting boss in the indictment. And, if I remember right, Mazzone was identified as consigliere at one point; but also may be the acting boss right now. [b]Chicago? Whether there is still a traditional administration is unclear. In recent years the family has been run by acting boss, i.e. Marcello and Sarno. The membership has been well documented by the FBI - around 30 at most. If people want to inflate that total, so they can sleep better at night, that's their problem[/b].

Anyway, Skinny, if you want to add your 2 cents to the charts, that would be much appreciated. But you need to do more than just say, "They're wrong." You've got to specify what you think is wrong, as well as what you believe the real info is. Simply saying, "They're wrong," while holding to some internet code of Omerta, isn't going to fly.

chicago ain't ever had a traditional mafia administration

chicago has been run by "acting bosses" since the 1940s
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/10/13 01:19 PM

Mukremin's charts are about as good as you can get. The administrations for the respective families are in such a state of flux due to the amount of convictions that it is practically impossible to get an accurate read on any family leaderships. Even with that said, most lower level guys don't even know their family's own administration. They know who they kick up to directly but in this day and age it's too risky for anyone but the biggest earners to know who really runs things.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 01:49 AM

"And im sorry but i will have to refer to the code of internet omerta for some of these guys. Ive explained why a thousand times plus i wouldnt want to anger a certain guy from the bronx hehe[/quote]

I'll take the first hand, boots on the ground info over the watered down government reports any day.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 01:59 AM

Getting back to the original point of the thread, my two cents is that Vladimir Putin is the most powerful crime boss in the world.
He uses gangster tactics, he drops bodies and makes'em disappear, and he's got nukes.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: OldSmoke
I'll take the first hand, boots on the ground info over the watered down government reports any day.

Except we're on the internet, so it isn't always so clear if we're really getting "first hand, boots on the ground" info. Bullshitters are legion on these forums. And even those guys, who know what they do, don't have the broad scope of knowledge the feds do. They too get most of their info from the same public sources as everyone else. I don't care who they are.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: OldSmoke

Except we're on the internet, so it isn't always so clear if we're really getting "first hand, boots on the ground" info. Bullshitters are legion on these forums. And even those guys, who know what they do, don't have the broad scope of knowledge the feds do. They too get most of their info from the same public sources as everyone else. I don't care who they are.

Seriously Ivy not being sarcastic I use to enjoy your posts when I firsted signed up they were always insightful and there was a lot of good information and I'm sure there are a few some what newer posters that agree with me within the past 2 years.

Anymore you rather just discredit people and fight with everyone all day long everyday about the same things over and over ...If the chin were alive today he might come out of his seroquel induced coma and smack you!

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 10:54 AM

There are too many fake guys and too many of the guys that know what there talking about are tiredof being fact checked, referenced, argued with by people from fucking canada. (Yeah ill use the location card, the" location card" arguement was invented by the same ppl that dont live in a certain place) im tired of the internet and all the bullshit that comes with it. Shoot me a message if any of u wanna talk but im getting tired of this shit
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 11:44 AM

@ Skinny and Ivy

Gents,
we're all working off best guesses, info we hear, read etc.

Differing is not a bad thing. Its what forums are for. We all put our 2 cents in and teach others, and learn something ourselves.

Noone has the asnwers, so a good dialogue with guys genuinely contributing is not to be taken personally.

Personally I appreciate both your posts and hope you'll continue to help us young'ns out.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 02:54 PM

There are too many fake guys and too many of the guys that know what there talking about are tiredof being fact checked, referenced, argued with by people from fucking canada. (Yeah ill use the location card, the" location card" arguement was invented by the same ppl that dont live in a certain place) im tired of the internet and all the bullshit that comes with it. Shoot me a message if any of u wanna talk but im getting tired of this shit

i hear that

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Seriously Ivy not being sarcastic I use to enjoy your posts when I firsted signed up they were always insightful and there was a lot of good information and I'm sure there are a few some what newer posters that agree with me within the past 2 years.

Anymore you rather just discredit people and fight with everyone all day long everyday about the same things over and over ...If the chin were alive today he might come out of his seroquel induced coma and smack you!

Since when are you serious about anything? Furthermore, considering 90% of your posts are lame attempts at humor, you've got a lot of balls criticizing anyone for how they post.

I'm not quite sure if this is in reference to me, since I don't live in Canada, but the first part of your post makes my case for me. If I come across to people as extremely careful about who I believe, well, I have damn good reason for it. I've been on these forums going on 7 years now and have seen a legion of fakes, phonies, and frauds come and go. I've also seen a number of guys who do know some things but inevitably overreach with what they really know, passing off speculation as fact.

Now, this doesn't mean I don't think there are some genuine guys on here who do know things and don't go beyond what they do know. There are a handful of them, you included. My point to OldSmoke is that we have to be careful because, while many claim they have "first hand, boots on the ground info," few of them really do. And, yes, people will say they can figure it out for themselves but time and time again I've seen these folks duped right and left. We also have to remember that even the most "in the know" guy on these forums still gets most of his info from the media and the feds. So, there's nobody here who is in a position to act like they don't need the feds and the information they provide.
Posted By: livelifenoregrets

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 10:01 PM

The Canadian mafia is more successful, more rich and more powerful than the American mafia so why not take theories from people in Canada? If you disagree with this statement then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: livelifenoregrets
The Canadian mafia is more successful, more rich and more powerful than the American mafia so why not take theories from people in Canada? If you disagree with this statement then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

That's very debatable.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 11:03 PM

Not really debatable at all. In mafia circles the Americans are now considered bottom feeders and replaceable. They are Hollywood not gangsters. They ruined the Mafia. Between losers like John Gotti, Joey Merlino and Nicky Scarfo with their media bullshit and bosses/top guys flipping they are a joke. Italian police have even said that the Canadian Mafia is superior. Wire tap evidence in Italy shows the Mafia over there refers to Canada as "America" now. Canada is considered a safe haven and a good place to make money. The laws pale in comparison and the border security is completely unsecure for easy access to transport drugs from Canada in to the USA. I remember even seeing ex-ny mafia guys in a documentary saying the Canadian mob has much more money and power. They said the Americans were petty compared to them. Top mobsters with large respect live in Canada and there are far more Canadians going back for business to the old country than from the USA. Top Italian mobsters go to their Canadian counter parts to hide when in trouble and to launder cash. The game has changed.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/13/13 11:20 PM

Not really debatable at all. In mafia circles the Americans are now considered bottom feeders and replaceable.

Are people in Mafia circles saying that or are you saying that?

Quote:
They are Hollywood not gangsters. They ruined the Mafia.

Some have written books or had films and TV shows made about them. But that's a very tiny percentage.

Quote:
Between losers like John Gotti, Joey Merlino and Nicky Scarfo with their media bullshit and bosses/top guys flipping they are a joke.

Again, this seems to be your opinion more than anything.

Quote:
Italian police have even said that the Canadian Mafia is superior. Wire tap evidence in Italy shows the Mafia over there refers to Canada as "America" now.

Where have they said this?

Quote:
Canada is considered a safe haven and a good place to make money. The laws pale in comparison and the border security is completely unsecure for easy access to transport drugs from Canada in to the USA. Top mobsters with large respect live in Canada and there are far more Canadians going back for business to the old country than from the USA. Top Italian mobsters go to their Canadian counter parts to hide when in trouble and to launder cash. The game has changed.

TOC in Canada certainly has more of an international flair, with stronger ties to Italy, but that alone doesn't necessarily mean it is more powerful, wealthy, or successful. TOC in Canada also has a more direct hold on the drug trade but, as I've said many times before, the vast majority of it is being smuggled into Canada for distribution there. Not from Canada into the U.S. And, yes, Canadian officials are having to play catch up but look at the damage and ensuing chaos Project Colisee alone caused. I think you're buying too much into the "fall of the NY Mafia and rise of Vito Rizzuto" mentality.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 12:50 AM

On a last note I'm not buying in to the rise of Rizzuto, I think after this construction inquiry and the fact that his whole family got busted it really took away from his aura, although he is and always will be a huge player I think the target on his forehead is way to big, he is very very very heat. He has been doing his thing for a long time but the Ontario families have been as well. They have a bigger market and the same ability to move around as the Montreal guys do...New York mob is dead and you have to accept it.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 12:55 AM

It seems like the big difference between the US and Canada is that you do like a small amount of time for major crimes while in the USA as a mobster you get 15 for j walking.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 04:03 AM

New York mob is dead and you have to accept it.

This is where you lose all credibility. I don't know if you're so ignorant of the issue that you really believe this or if it's just you spouting off. Try looking at the mob cases in New York over the past decade. The 5 families are still there and, though weakened, are far from dead.

"The Mafia - also known as La Cosa Nostra - may have taken on a diminished role in some areas of the country but in New York the five families are still extremely strong and viable." - David Shafer, FBI, 2011

"Across the U.S. the mob's influence and power is not what it used to be, even in cities like Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. But New York is different. They are still a viable force here. - Lin DeVecchio, former FBI, 2011

"Despite their weakened state, the five families of the (NY) Cosa Nostra still form the largest and most organized crime syndicate in the country." - New York Post, 2009

"Today, families in former strongholds like Cleveland, Tampa, and Los Angeles are gone. Our thing - as initiates called the mob - is in serious everywhere but New York City. - USA Today, 2007

"Although the LCN remains strong in the metropolitan New York City area where rougly 80% of the LCN members operate, the LCN has been substantially weakened in other parts of the United States - particularly in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and other cities." - Effective Methods to Combat Transnational Organized Crime in Criminal Justice Processes, 2001

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 02:59 PM

Not that I disagree with the general point, ivy- but isn't using FBI agents quotes particularly weak evidence? I mean these guys livelihood depends on strong and viable mob. If the mob is weak or just running video poker- that means no FBI mafia squads, no convictions, and therefore no outrageous government funding and no more gigs.

As sinclair put it "“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it"

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Not that I disagree with the general point, ivy- but isn't using FBI agents quotes particularly weak evidence? I mean these guys livelihood depends on strong and viable mob. If the mob is weak or just running video poker- that means no FBI mafia squads, no convictions, and therefore no outrageous government funding and no more gigs.

As sinclair put it "“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it"

No, because even without a viable LCN family in their jurisdiction, any FBI office has plenty of other things to deal with. They have no need to make up threats that aren't there. Which is why they recognize 10 remaining families at most now, rather than two dozen or so.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 09:17 PM

I love how you say I lost all credibility. You defending the US mob makes you have no credibility. You rely on FBI info and by the time you get it the investigation started 10 years before and the whole landscape is nowhere near what it is in the present. We use to laugh at the articles and write ups. Alliances, power, etc changes so quicly. The underworld is so fast paced if your reference is the media then you know absolutely nothing but history.

New York mob is dead and you have to accept it.

This is where you lose all credibility. I don't know if you're so ignorant of the issue that you really believe this or if it's just you spouting off. Try looking at the mob cases in New York over the past decade. The 5 families are still there and, though weakened, are far from dead.

"The Mafia - also known as La Cosa Nostra - may have taken on a diminished role in some areas of the country but in New York the five families are still extremely strong and viable." - David Shafer, FBI, 2011

"Across the U.S. the mob's influence and power is not what it used to be, even in cities like Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. But New York is different. They are still a viable force here. - Lin DeVecchio, former FBI, 2011

"Despite their weakened state, the five families of the (NY) Cosa Nostra still form the largest and most organized crime syndicate in the country." - New York Post, 2009

"Today, families in former strongholds like Cleveland, Tampa, and Los Angeles are gone. Our thing - as initiates called the mob - is in serious everywhere but New York City. - USA Today, 2007

"Although the LCN remains strong in the metropolitan New York City area where rougly 80% of the LCN members operate, the LCN has been substantially weakened in other parts of the United States - particularly in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Milwaukee, St. Louis, and other cities." - Effective Methods to Combat Transnational Organized Crime in Criminal Justice Processes, 2001

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 09:19 PM

It seems like the big difference between the US and Canada is that you do like a small amount of time for major crimes while in the USA as a mobster you get 15 for j walking.

You are 100% correct. That is where the US has been successful. Implementing structure that forces guys to talk or face the chair or life. If they had the same sentences as Canada you think Massino would have flipped? Never!!!!! When you have bosses flip your family becomes a joke. NY is a joke!

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 09:29 PM

Sorry If I'm all over the place...A lot has happened to support what I know...

I'm not making these things up and when I say they are dead because in the eyes of the mob they are dead. Of course people of Italian heritage are still organized together to commit illegal activities but they have completely burned themselves. They are not a representation of the Mafia. They have embarrassed the mafia time and time again. They are more like Italian street gangs not Italian Mafia and that is a big difference.

I got out of jail in the states in January. I had been smuggling and did 3 years for my part in the conspiracy. I worked for the Mafia and I associate in those circles, all my friends are criminals unfortunately I don't really have any real friends left. I was never big time in the sense that I had my own crew and I wasn't on the path to being made, I'm still a young guy and in Montreal you won't get significant clout until your 40's unless you have deep deep family connections. I made tons of cash though...A bad week was a 10, 000$ week, I bet you made guys in NY aren't even making that. I have left behind the life of crime as it had horrible effects on my family and I won't do that to them again. We all get caught no matter what. I speak about it now because I was caught so were all the guys I work with and I'm not releasing any info that already isn't known. I had state charges and while awaiting trial the indictment came down so they dropped the state charges, rearrested me and charged me federally. Now that you have some background you might value my opinion a little more. What I have been through is nothing to brag about and I won't mention it on here again.

All the Canadian guys think the NY families are a joke. They still have their own connection or 2 but they feel as they have over exposed the mob and don't know how to do real international business because they are so young now. They aren't the mob of the 70's and 80's. So many rats. The New York mafia isn't making a fraction of the money the Canadian mafia and in the underworld your power is gauged by your pockets. You can't make moves if you don't make money. The Ny mob has embarrassed themselves and they have young guys running their rackets which makes it sloppy. All the top guys in Canada and even the capos are 60 years old +. These guys have been in the game for 40-60 years. They have no respect for NY families, they have gone and fucked up so bad they weeded the use for them right out.

You are wrong about more drugs going south. Well, wrong in a sense. The only thing the New York mafia has to offer its Canadian counter parts is cocaine and weapons. Even then the Canadians have built direct connections to have cocaine at rock bottom prices regardless but they trade Canadian bud with American coke. Now the price of coke in Canada is between $40, 000 and $50, 000 a key. They trade lbs of bud that go for $2000 a lb here for the coke in NY. Wholesale price on bud in New York is about $4000 a lb for AAA on like an order of 100 lbs for example. They will take that bud and trade for keys in the low 20's. The New York guys aren't making much on the keys of blow as by the time it gets to NEw York from Mexico its been raised in price. So you have the Canadians making %100 profit on their bud but getting their coke at half price...Do the math...We use to bring in 400-600 lbs of budd a week. I use to bring a duffle bag of at least $200k to my boss a week. Not to mention the hash and pills all go from Canada to the USA. A lot of heroin is also gone in through the Montreal docks and straight to the USA. The Canadian mafia aside from this current war has kept a very low profile and there has not been a big time snitch. The only real rat was a hitman who worked for the Cotronis in the early 90's and even then it wasn't a big deal. The Italians in Italy see this and recognize this. The laws are a lot more lax, its easier to launder cash and you have old timers with the old values in them. Since 9/11 the States has relied on Canada even more for drugs of all kinds. The US has the international waters on lockdown surrounding them and its so much easier to bring it in from the port of Halifax, Montreal, Ontario, etc then through the very lax borders by foot/boat and in to the USA. We had maybe 1% if that of our loads get busted.

So don't take it so literal when I say they are dead. By Mafia standards they are a disgrace and they are not true mafia. They don't have it anymore. its not to say they won't make a comeback. I think they will but its going to take a lot of guys to grow up and not get caught in a 25 year sentence.

Look up articles, etc by Antonio Nicaso. he mentions that Italian Mafioso refer to Canada as "America" now and the Canadian mafia has expanded their global reach far beyond that of their American counter parts.

And please do you really believe anything the FBI says? When they need funding they make a press statement...Lets be real here guys its obvious the NY mafia does not have what they use to.

I'm not disagreeing with what you said because i don't have a clue about Canada and all that you said may be true, but the vast majority of NY capos are 60+ the only ones i can think of that are younger off the top of my head are Carmine Sciandra,Barney Bellomo,Vinny tv and Frank Cali.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 10:20 PM

Camarel you should also include Joe Lubrano, Alphonse Trucchio, Joey Merlino, Tori LoCascio, John Castellucci, Andrew DeSimone, Billy Russo, Jerry Asaro, Vito Balsamo, Joseph Sammartino, Anthony Furino, and Dominick Cefalu

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Camarel you should also include Joe Lubrano, Alphonse Trucchio, Joey Merlino, Tori LoCascio, John Castellucci, Andrew DeSimone, Billy Russo, Jerry Asaro, Vito Balsamo, Joseph Sammartino, Anthony Furino, and Dominick Cefalu

Yeah after i posted that a few of those guys came to mind, my point was that the majority are over 60 which i think you'd agree with. Also after googling Sciandra he's apparently 60 i thought he was only mid 50s tbh. It's pointless bringing up age anyway as it doesn't really matter imo one of the top guys over the last 30 years has been Bellomo who's only mid 50s and has been a capo since he was 30.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 10:46 PM

Weed in NY is no where near 4000 a lb. pound for pound retail, the most anyone is going to pay is 3. For canadian bud or cali. If u have a connect, expect to pay even less

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/14/13 10:48 PM

Cant see anyone paying 50k for a key either.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 12:33 AM

I love how you say I lost all credibility. You defending the US mob makes you have no credibility. You rely on FBI info and by the time you get it the investigation started 10 years before and the whole landscape is nowhere near what it is in the present. We use to laugh at the articles and write ups. Alliances, power, etc changes so quicly. The underworld is so fast paced if your reference is the media then you know absolutely nothing but history.

You talk as if you're are somehow privy to more up to date info than the rest of us. But it's obvious to me you're just talking out of your ass. One doesn't just have to look at quotes by the FBI. They can also look at cases in recent years, which show the mob in New York is still very much alive and not just "history." But, like many others before you, you're lazy, content to be ignorant, and don't bother to do that.
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 03:48 AM

With all do respect to livelifenoregrets, but the guys who are running crews and made guys in general seem to have an average age of about 75. Furthermore, a joke? Lets see what happens if they start laying down 20 years for video poker machines and laying down 3 years for eating spaghetti and meatballs with a friend for violations of "supervised release". I guarantee you half of you guys would be singing like canaries. 3 years! HAHAHAH. Come on man. Try 10 for jaywalking!
And your prices are way off man, you would be getting drilled in the arse with slim margins on the sale side.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 04:19 AM

No, because even without a viable LCN family in their jurisdiction, any FBI office has plenty of other things to deal with. They have no need to make up threats that aren't there. Which is why they recognize 10 remaining families at most now, rather than two dozen or so.

Are you seriously disputing the fact that the FBI and a number of high end federal prosecutors have a financial/political/media incentives to both inflate the power and influence of the mob? Nobody claimed as you said they left with nothing to do- but there is no doubt they get far better media time, federal government gigs and resume builders for locking up a dangerous Don Vito-like "mobster" (ie runs poker machines) than locking up a crip drug dealer or rapist in the projects.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 01:39 PM

Are you seriously disputing the fact that the FBI and a number of high end federal prosecutors have a financial/political/media incentives to both inflate the power and influence of the mob? Nobody claimed as you said they left with nothing to do- but there is no doubt they get far better media time, federal government gigs and resume builders for locking up a dangerous Don Vito-like "mobster" (ie runs poker machines) than locking up a crip drug dealer or rapist in the projects.

not too mention that the feds have to justify arresting their target

they call everybody "smooth criminal" in press releases

but rapist in the projects have no longevity.....u get killed for that

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 01:52 PM

Lol@ the canadians saying montreal mafia is more powerful then the US, rizzutos dominated for decades and in theyre prime they had 20 made guys! Gambinos genovese lucchessd and bonnanos are all far more powerful on theyre own, even the colombos who are pretty much destroyed are about on par.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 06:29 PM

If that was all they were interested in, why even in New York have the feds downgraded organized crime as a priority since 9/11, including downsizing and combining the squads that go after the 5 NY families? Why do they only recognize 10 remaining mob families, at most, when they could easily say there are more? Any those Crip drug-dealers and rapists get busted all the time. Too many people here just don't do their research.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/15/13 10:05 PM

gangs get investigated all the time just due to the fact that theres thousands of them. Also agents that are assigned to investigate lcn are believe it or not going to arrest a few of them every now and then. You cant blame them for doing what they have been assigned to do.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 06:51 AM

livelifenoregrets, You are basically correct. The New York Mafia( at least 4 of the 5 remaining Families) are an embarrassment, Rat infested, and Blue Collar small minded. The Chicago Outfit and the Detroit Mafia are much closer to the old Sicilian clan roots of being related by blood or marriage. The only big difference, is that the Chicago Outfit and the Detroit Partnership are basically White Collar while the Sicilian Clans main business is Narcotics. In America, the old BLUE COLLAR Mafia has no future. Some day in the future, the Canadian Mafia will face the same problems. It's only a matter of time.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 06:58 AM

Ivy, The reason why there are still some cases in New York is because they are still involved (in a smaller way than the past) with blue collar street activity like street Bookmaking and Loan Sharking. The reason why there is very little heard about cases in Chicago and Detroit is because they are INVOLVED IN WHITE COLLAR ACTIVITY which is much harder to prove any wrong doing. It's much more difficult to prosecute, let alone prove, union activity, bid rigging of major city contracts and so forth. The most recent was the bid rigging prosecution of Rudy Fratto. This is the kind of activity the Chicago Outfit of 2013 is involved in. So, it's very debatable, even among the Feds, as to whether the Outfit is weaker or just DIFFERENT. As far as street muscle, the Outfit and the entire American Mafia is weaker than years ago. No question. However, like Don Corleone said in the Godfather, a lawyer with a brief case can steal more money than a 1,000 men with guns. That's the ideology of the Outfit and the Detroit Partnership in 2013. Read your precious F.B.I. reports more closely, and you will see this is what they are saying about Chicago. They just don't have a handle on it because it's much less obvious than what was done years ago. Potentially, there is more money in the long run in White Collar Activity than in Blue Collar Activity. There is also much less risk of being prosecuted or convicted which means very little or no prison time and much less attorney fees. The days of Sam DeStefano and other guys from the Taylor Street Crew are long, long gone and will never return.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 07:50 AM

Ivy, The reason why there are still some cases in New York is because they are still involved (in a smaller way than the past) with blue collar street activity like street Bookmaking and Loan Sharking. The reason why there is very little heard about cases in Chicago and Detroit is because they are INVOLVED IN WHITE COLLAR ACTIVITY which is much harder to prove any wrong doing. It's much more difficult to prosecute, let alone prove, union activity, bid rigging of major city contracts and so forth. The most recent was the bid rigging prosecution of Rudy Fratto. This is the kind of activity the Chicago Outfit of 2013 is involved in. So, it's very debatable, even among the Feds, as to whether the Outfit is weaker or just DIFFERENT. As far as street muscle, the Outfit and the entire American Mafia is weaker than years ago. No question. However, like Don Corleone said in the Godfather, a lawyer with a brief case can steal more money than a 1,000 men with guns. That's the ideology of the Outfit and the Detroit Partnership in 2013. Read your precious F.B.I. reports more closely, and you will see this is what they are saying about Chicago. They just don't have a handle on it because it's much less obvious than what was done years ago. Potentially, there is more money in the long run in White Collar Activity than in Blue Collar Activity. There is also much less risk of being prosecuted or convicted which means very little or no prison time and much less attorney fees. The days of Sam DeStefano and other guys from the Taylor Street Crew are long, long gone and will never return.

Using movies as references again lol

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 07:56 AM

Yeh, why not? There's a lot a truth to that statement. They must not have lawyers in Scotland. lol

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 01:16 PM

They fact that you're using movie references from Donnie Brasco and the godfather kind of diminish your credibility in some respect. However that being said I do think you have a point with your post. White collar crime is becoming much more frequent in American LCN these days

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 04:12 PM

The Godfather was a fictional movie. Donnie Brasco was non fictional unless of course you don't want to believe agent Pistone because he told the truth about the Bonanno Family.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/18/13 05:06 PM

The Godfather was a fictional movie. Donnie Brasco was non fictional unless of course you don't want to believe agent Pistone because he told the truth about the Bonanno Family.

Truth about what? Yeah they got hit pretty bad. They came back to prominence under Joe Massino and then he flipped, and they haven't been the same since.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/19/13 12:14 AM

Hey elmwoodparker i like your posts on chicago,I like getting the local level info.

That being said noone is deneying that the colombo family is pathetic BUT they are in NY.Its like the best collage football team (chicago mob) against the worst NFL team (colombo).The worst NFL team will still beat the best collage team.If Chicagos is now going old school and only making blood ties that is extremely stupid because eventually they weill run out of recruits and are missing oppurtunities to have capable guys join their fold who will go and earn bythemselves

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/19/13 12:24 AM

Elmwoodparker (who has been suspended again, thank God) isn't even worth responding to anymore. When it comes to him, you're not talking to an objective observer. Or even a knowledgeable one. This guy constantly references MOVIES to make his case. The Outfit is the "real life Corleone family," while the NY families are all standing around cracking into parking meters (i.e. Donnie Brasco). rolleyes It's obvious he's just here to hype his hometown mob family like many others have done before.
Posted By: Chicago

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/19/13 06:03 AM

Ivy, I read a lot of elmwoodparker's postings. He wasn't all wrong and seemed fairly knowledgeable about the Older Outfit. It seemed like he was on some kind of mission to antagonize anyone who thought any of the New York Groups were superior to The Outfit. He also invented in his own mind what the Outfit is today. In reality, it is only a shadow of what it used to be. Attrition, law enforcement & John DiFronzo, have brought the Outfit to an all time low. He kind of sounded like a little kid who was upset that his heroes really don't exist anymore.

Re: Top 15 Crime Bosses and Drug Lords in 2012 - 06/19/13 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Ivy, I read a lot of elmwoodparker's postings. He wasn't all wrong and seemed fairly knowledgeable about the Older Outfit. It seemed like he was on some kind of mission to antagonize anyone who thought any of the New York Groups were superior to The Outfit. He also invented in his own mind what the Outfit is today. In reality, it is only a shadow of what it used to be. Attrition, law enforcement & John DiFronzo, have brought the Outfit to an all time low. He kind of sounded like a little kid who was upset that his heroes really don't exist anymore.

That pretty much sums it up. It's not that some of these Chicago posters don't have good information to pass on. But the ones who drift into "fanboyism" shoot their own credibility down. It's hard to be objective when you're basically rooting for your hometown crime family like it's the local football team.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET