Home

Crazy Phil wrote a book?

Posted By: Salvie84

Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/07/12 05:42 AM

Hey all,

Just wanted to see if this was legit. I came across a book called Mafia Prince. It's a autobiography by Phil Leoneeti set to be released in October. Anyone else hear about this? I have all books Phiily Mob even the lesser known ones (Mafia Wipeout anyone?) can't wait to pick this one up and compare it to Blood and Honor the best one in my opinion.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/07/12 06:08 AM

Yeah, he did it with Scott Bernstein, who is a regular poster over on the RD. Scott's the same guy who wrote Motor City Mafia and Family Affair. George Anastasia was going to do it originally but then turned it over to Scott.
Posted By: Joe_Bonanno

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/07/12 09:48 AM

I heard about it, and I'm waiting for the book.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/07/12 03:54 PM

to bad it wasnt george a. cause he knows how to write and not glamourize the turncoat. he'll have a lot to say but its pretty much been coverd. phillys mob history is a open book. but they keep it going.
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/07/12 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
to bad it wasnt george a. cause he knows how to write and not glamourize the turncoat. he'll have a lot to say but its pretty much been coverd. phillys mob history is a open book. but they keep it going.

Agreed. I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've read from Anastasia, it's too bad he didn't take this one. It should still be great though, can't wait for this one to be released.
Posted By: Joe_Bonanno

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/07/12 07:16 PM

The book should be a little bit like Gravano's Underboss - first person.
Posted By: jmack

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/10/12 10:38 PM

Should be good. The information may be a little dated but it will be interesting considering a lot of the people he has info on from the Scarfo days are coming out of prison.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/11/12 12:02 AM

It's probably going to be a bunch of re-hashed crap that's common knowledge to people that follow the mafia. A regular person that hasn't read about the history in the past, we'll probably like it. George didn't take the book because he probably saw there wasn't anything left to talk about, so he handed it over to that other guy.
Posted By: jmack

Re: Crazy Phil wrote a book? - 06/11/12 01:35 PM

[quote=DickNose_Moltasanti]It's probably going to be a bunch of re-hashed crap that's common knowledge to people that follow the mafia. A regular person that hasn't read about the history in the past, we'll probably like it. George didn't take the book because he probably saw there wasn't anything left to talk about, so he handed it over to that other guy.

Probably will be a lot of old information but it may give a slightly different perspective coming from him firsthand.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET