Home

Zips in the 5 families

Posted By: Mussolini14

Zips in the 5 families - 05/20/12 10:49 PM

Do each of the NY 5 families have a Zip faction? Who has the largest and the smallest amount of Zips in the family?

Thanks
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/20/12 10:56 PM

my guess is that the gambinos and bonnanos have the most. not sure about the other families.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 12:08 AM

yes, gambinos bonannos and decavalcantes have the most
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 01:30 AM

What about the families outside NY\NJ?
Philly, New England, Chicago, Michigan...any zip-releted info on these?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
What about the families outside NY\NJ?
Philly, New England, Chicago, Michigan...any zip-releted info on these?

Stanfa brought in a few when he took over. There's a few here and there in other families but not to the level of the Gambinos or Bonannos.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 06:45 AM

Thank Ivy. I now remember Battaglia, Angioletto and even that pizza maker from Puglia who almost got shot in the pizzeria...he fled back there.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 12:08 PM

Who are the zips in the decavalcantes?

would they really count themselves as zips after all these years. I mean who do they recruit from into their crews if not mostly americans unless they just rely upon family relations.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 01:50 PM

The zips in the decavalcantes are considered a loose faction, correct me if this is wrong?

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 02:22 PM

What about the Genovese, Lucchese and Columbo families? Do they have any Zip factions?
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 04:47 PM

Liborio Bellmo and his relatives are Italian born, right?

Zips, in my eyes were strictly criminals brought over to be "zipped" in and out of the country for stuff that when it happened, could absolutely not afforded to be attributed to anyone else, i.e. murders. True zips, like the guys Carmine Galante brought over we're here to make money and go back to Sicily and then only kicked it up to one guy, the guy who brought them over. Most zips didn't care about staying here or learning practicable English.

Furio in The Sopranos, in theory was not a zip. He had intentions in staying here. The two guys who killed Rusty Milio and the two guys Tony used to attempt, and fail to kill Phil Leotardo were zips. Stayed here for a job then left.

I'd assume the Bonannos and the Gambinos are the only true Zip families left. The others have Italian born members, however those members plan on staying here.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Liborio Bellmo and his relatives are Italian born, right?

Zips, in my eyes were strictly criminals brought over to be "zipped" in and out of the country for stuff that when it happened, could absolutely not afforded to be attributed to anyone else, i.e. murders. True zips, like the guys Carmine Galante brought over we're here to make money and go back to Sicily and then only kicked it up to one guy, the guy who brought them over. Most zips didn't care about staying here or learning practicable English.

Furio in The Sopranos, in theory was not a zip. He had intentions in staying here. The two guys who killed Rusty Milio and the two guys Tony used to attempt, and fail to kill Phil Leotardo were zips. Stayed here for a job then left.

I'd assume the Bonannos and the Gambinos are the only true Zip families left. The others have Italian born members, however those members plan on staying here.

Very interesting, thanks for the input man.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Who are the zips in the decavalcantes?

would they really count themselves as zips after all these years. I mean who do they recruit from into their crews if not mostly americans unless they just rely upon family relations.

Ribera Zips: (Members from the Ribera family that work with the family in Jersey)

Emmanuel Sortino (IP)
Joe Gatto
Giuseppe “Lenny” Terrasi
Ignazio Massimino (IP)
Giuseppe Capizzi
Paolo Capizzi
Nicolo Amari
Giuseppe Campo

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 10:37 PM

giuseppe terrasi is related with mimmo terrasi the mafia boss of cattolica eraclea near agrigento
Posted By: carmela

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
giuseppe terrasi is related with mimmo terrasi the mafia boss of cattolica eraclea near agrigento

Also, Massimino is related to Massimino's in Realmonte, Agrigento.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/21/12 11:50 PM

giuseppe and paolo capizzi are sure related with the capizzis from ribera

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 12:17 AM

Do the Inzerillos still have a strong influence with the Gambinos?
Pietro "Tall Pete" Inzerillo was busted a couple of years back for gambling right?
Is he out already?

Also, is there any younger generation zip\s?
Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 03:54 AM

The Inzerillos and Frank Cali who is related to them by marriage hold alot of influence in the Gambino family because they have strong ties to the mob in Italy and Frank Cali as kid was very close to Jackie D'Amico who was the acting boss not that long ago and many articles have talked about Cali's growing power in the family which in turn probably helps out Pietro Inzerillo. Im not sure if Pietro is out because hes not listed on the BOP Inmate page but considering Cali and Pietro are only in their 40s by mob standards they would be the younger generation when comparing them to the older generation zips like Pasquale Conte, Salvatore Catalano, Baldassare Amato

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident
The Inzerillos and Frank Cali who is related to them by marriage hold alot of influence in the Gambino family because they have strong ties to the mob in Italy and Frank Cali as kid was very close to Jackie D'Amico who was the acting boss not that long ago and many articles have talked about Cali's growing power in the family which in turn probably helps out Pietro Inzerillo. Im not sure if Pietro is out because hes not listed on the BOP Inmate page but considering Cali and Pietro are only in their 40s by mob standards they would be the younger generation when comparing them to the older generation zips like Pasquale Conte, Salvatore Catalano, Baldassare Amato

I remember spotting Tall Pete talking with a reputed associate in a Dunkin Donuts on 18th stree in Bensonhurst few summers ago.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: m2w

Also, Massimino is related to Massimino's in Realmonte, Agrigento.

m2w, carmela:

Very interesting information from you both.

The Cotronis in the Montreal Mafia had ties to the DeCavalcantes going back to at least the mid-1970s, and the old Rizzuto organization still had such links going into the last decade -- there were a few articles from November 2006 that mentioned the Rizzutos had inside help at the Newark Airport to enable them to get drug shipments through without being inspected. This assistance, I'm speculating, most likely came from the DeCavalcante group. But now that we know Giuseppe Terrasi is related to Domenico "Mimmo" Terrasi, the capocosca in the Rizzutos' hometown, we see even more links.

m2w:

Do you think Gaetano Amodeo, born in Porto Empedocle, was the capocosca of Cattolica Eraclea who preceded Domenico Terrasi in this position?
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 04:53 PM

antimafia,

Is Domenico Terrasi the current boss of Catolica Eraclea in the Sicilian Mafia hierachy?

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
antimafia,

Is Domenico Terrasi the current boss of Catolica Eraclea in the Sicilian Mafia hierachy?

Although he is in prison, my understanding is he's still the head of the cosca. See http://cattolicaeracleaonline.it/2010/09/operazione-minoa-la-dda-chiede-otto-rinvii-a-giudizio and http://cattolicaeracleaonline.it/2011/01...ino-e-micciche.

m2w will probably have more reliable information than I do about the status of Terrasi. Terrasi's son-in-law Andrea Amoddeo is the brother of Gaetano Amodeo -- note the different spelling of Andrea's surname.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 07:12 PM

antimafia,

Yes he is.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 07:17 PM

antimafia,

Yes he is.

Thank you, carmela, for the corroboration.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: antimafia
antimafia,

Yes he is.

Thank you, carmela, for the corroboration.

One more thing...as a side note: with regard to Andrea Amodeo, I've seen it written on line sometimes that he was the one responsible for killing police officer Giuliano Guazzelli, when in fact it was Gerlandino Messina that killed that officer.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/22/12 08:14 PM

antimafia & carmela, thanks for elaborating.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/23/12 07:06 PM

The Detroit family has close ties to Terasini, Sicily, and has a small zip faction- the D'anna brothers and their father before them. I beleive Raffaele 'Jimmy Q' Quasarano was sicilian. He ran the heroin operations for the family.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/23/12 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
The Detroit family has close ties to Terasini, Sicily, and has a small zip faction- the D'anna brothers and their father before them. I beleive Raffaele 'Jimmy Q' Quasarano was sicilian. He ran the heroin operations for the family.

And the D'Annas are quite often seen in Bensonhurst\Dyker Heights. Maybe they are just visiting family members...maybe someone else.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 05/29/12 12:32 AM

antimafia,

Although he is in prison, my understanding is he's still the head of the cosca. See http://cattolicaeracleaonline.it/2010/09/operazione-minoa-la-dda-chiede-otto-rinvii-a-giudizio and http://cattolicaeracleaonline.it/2011/01...ino-e-micciche.

m2w will probably have more reliable information than I do about the status of Terrasi. Terrasi's son-in-law Andrea Amoddeo is the brother of Gaetano Amodeo -- note the different spelling of Andrea's surname.

With regard to Andrea Amoddeo, he was acquitted today.

http://www.grandangoloagrigento.it/?p=31858
Posted By: Fabr1z10

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 08:22 AM

The Bonanno's had the most Zips then all the other 5 families. The Montreal family led by the Rizzuto's had a lot of Sicilian imports as well.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 08:23 AM

The Bonanno's had the most Zips than all the other 5 families. The Montreal family led by the Rizzuto's had a lot of Sicilian imports as well.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 08:24 AM

The Bonanno's have the most Zips
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Fabr1z10
The Bonanno's have the most Zips

No they don't. Gambino's have shit loads in Brooklyn alone, also now that Cefalu is at the helm, he'll make some more zips I'd imagine.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 09:55 AM

Isn't the Cherry Hill Gambino crew of the Gambino family known as the "zip" faction?

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 02:07 PM

antimafia,

Since this thread was bumped, I'll drop this off here... Domenico Terrasi just got another 10 years/8 months added on.

http://www.grandangoloagrigento.it/catto...menico-terrasi/
Posted By: TheArm

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 02:14 PM

The Rockford/Outfit "Pizza Connection" was run almost entirely by Sicilian imports(I hate the term zips, it's derogatory)
Posted By: British

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 03:37 PM

Only way forward for the American LCN is to bring in fresh Italian blood

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: British

The set up in the 80s rural Northern Illinois was brilliant. A pizza parlor in a small town located about half way between Rockford and Iowa operated by what all the locals thought was these charming friendly Sicilian Immigrants, no one knowing it was ground zero for the biggest heroin distribution in the entire Midwest.
Unfortunately, as always NY was full of rats, and when that link in the supply chain fell, everyone fell.

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 05:46 PM

what are you crazy? shipping fees would be enormous

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/05/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci

what are you crazy? shipping fees would be enormous

Not THAT was funny, I don't care WHO you are...lol
Posted By: cornuto_e_contento

Re: Zips in the 5 families - 04/10/14 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: TheArm
The Rockford/Outfit "Pizza Connection" was run almost entirely by Sicilian imports(I hate the term zips, it's derogatory)

I agree with you about the term "zips".
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET