Home

Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps

Posted By: Dapper_Don

Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 01:17 AM

Emilio Fusco from the Springfield faction beat the Bruno and Westerman murder charges, but was convicted of racketeering

check it out below

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/emilio_fusco_acquitted_of_2003_1.html

I am surprised the jury acquitted him of the murders, maybe jurors are getting tired of the govt making deals with all these former mobsters and then putting them on the stand to testify about the same crimes they helped commit...
Posted By: Rompipalle

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 02:58 AM

. Good for Emilio !
Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 04:50 AM

Surprises me but it won't be the first time a mobster beat a murder rap
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 08:02 AM

What would you guess he would get for the charges he was found guilty of?
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 08:57 AM

It states in the article he could get 45 years max, but that it's not very likely. One lucky man this guy.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
What would you guess he would get for the charges he was found guilty of?

I think it depends a little bit on his previous rap sheet, which I don´t have. Beating the murder charges, he was still convicted on pretty serious crimes.
I´d say 15-20.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Rompipalle
. Good for Emilio !

Not that good. He's still gonna get at least 15 years for racketeering.
Posted By: Rompipalle

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/03/12 04:22 PM

Very true it's just the fact he beat the murder charges but still spending the rest of his young days in prison
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 05/04/12 11:17 AM

Utterly stunned, who was his attorney? Good for Emilio
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/12/12 09:32 AM

Following his conviction last spring on racketeering, extortion and drug charges, Emilio Fusco was sentenced yesterday to 25 years in prison.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/emilio_fusco_professes_innocen.html
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/12/12 10:01 AM

25 yrs. That's good for us.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/12/12 12:42 PM

thats pretty hard, 25 years omg.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/12/12 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
thats pretty hard, 25 years omg.

lol lol

That's the life, kiddo. He should have stayed in school whistle.

Now I'm not laughing at you, Muk. You know I like you a lot. I'm laughing at the guys who were high-fiving each other when Fusco beat the murder charge.

I tried to point out back then that he was still going to get a lot of time, but all you heard was "jurors are tired of rats," and all that. Now I agree with that: Jurors are tired of rats, but they'll still convict on blanket charges like racketeering almost every time. And all that's going to happen now when guys beat one part of the indictment is that they're going to get maxed out on the parts that they don't beat.

It will be no different for Gioeli and Saracino (although under the guidelines their max isn't as high as Fusco's). They beat their murder charges, but the government still sees them as cop killers. And so will the sentencing judge.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/12/12 09:09 PM

Haha yeah i know grin
its just a massive blow that he gets 25 years, 25 years thrown away. I understand its a piece of cake compared to a life sentence.
Posted By: jace

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/13/12 08:15 AM

The jury said not guilty after trial, but the judge says he thinks they are wrong, and still gives him that much time ? Not Guilty verdict had to be based on something more than them not liking witnesses. This sounds like judge losing his sense of fairness. Even victim's son said to be lenient. I don't know much about this defendant, and don't care. I would hate to see this one day become a common practice. It reeks of abuse of power, and collusion between judge and prosecution.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/14/12 02:52 AM

This doesnt bode well for Tommy Shots and Little Dino, I say both of them get at least 15 years.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 10/14/12 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: jace
The jury said not guilty after trial, but the judge says he thinks they are wrong, and still gives him that much time ? Not Guilty verdict had to be based on something more than them not liking witnesses. This sounds like judge losing his sense of fairness. Even victim's son said to be lenient. I don't know much about this defendant, and don't care. I would hate to see this one day become a common practice. It reeks of abuse of power, and collusion between judge and prosecution.

He wasn't found innocent of murder, which is why the judge took it into consideration. I think that's still bullshit, but there is a distinction. If he was found on innocent, then the judge doesn't factor it in.
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Not Guilty! Genovese soldier beats two murder raps - 11/08/12 09:41 PM

I have to agree that something is wrong.how can the judge say basically yea they found you innocent but I don't then max your sentence.isn't our system supposed to be a lil betr
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET