Home

Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos?

Posted By: GaryH

Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 04/29/12 03:59 PM

I think I've seen at best about 2 or 3 pictures of this guy!
Joe Pistone said he was the scariest guy he met during his 6 years with the mob!
Mirra was in his 50's then, imagine what he was like when he was younger!
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 04/29/12 04:23 PM

Here is an old mug shot of Tony Mirra from the late 1950s.
I think this was taken in connection with his arrest in the famous "French Connection" case.

Description: Tony Mirra
Attached picture 005.JPG
Posted By: short841

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 04/29/12 05:06 PM

He looks way different from the common ones in the seventies
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 04/29/12 05:28 PM

There should be a good amount of pictures if you google him. Mirra was a scary guy even by mobsters but the funny thing when the Donnie Brasco revelation came about Mirra went into hiding because so many mobsters that were afarid of him before were now eager to kill him
Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 04/29/12 05:37 PM

In the book "The Sixth Family" they show a photo of Mr. Mirra when he got shot in a Manhattan garage. He was slumped over, wearing an army jacket and dyed his hair blond so no one would recognize him.

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 04/29/12 05:42 PM

I found an interesting article published in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle June 16, 1953. It´s about a man (Anthony Mirra of 415 Madison Street) apparently being stabbed during a restaurant/bar fight. I´m pretty convinced the Anthony Mirra in the article is "our" Anthony Mirra who had a home address at 115 Madison Street, New York, NY at this time.

"Switchblade Addict Stabs Man For Fancied Annoyance of Girl"

"A Manhattan man told police that he was the victim of an unprovoked attack with a switchblade knife at 5 a.m. today in a Brooklyn Heights restaurant.
The victim, Anthony Mirra, 24, of 415 Madison St., Manhattan, was taken to Holy Family Hospital with a stab wound in the left shoulder. His assailant, he said, was a man about 35 who was accompanied by a pretty young girl.
The assailant, Mirra told police of the Poplar St. Precinct, evidently thought he was trying to annoy the girl.
Mirra entered the Plymouth Restaurant, 101 Henry St., he said, and selected a table. The man and the girl were at an adjoining table.
When he asked the man for permission to borrow a chair, he told police, the man whipped out a knife and stabbed him.
The couple fled, leaving the knife behind. Police sent out an alarm for them."

/// I´m sure there was more to this story than what Mirra told the police.
Posted By: PrimeMinister

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 05/12/12 02:50 PM

Good rare photo
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 05/14/12 05:03 PM

Good rare photo that I've not seen before either.

As for the story - it certainly seens to fit, Mirra would have been about that age in 1953. I suprised he told the cops ANYTHING!

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 05/15/12 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GaryH

As for the story - it certainly seens to fit, Mirra would have been about that age in 1953. I suprised he told the cops ANYTHING!

Yeah. What I noticed with those older articles (and this may well also be the case with newer articles), sometimes the numbers showing age or addresses are not accurate. They are often close, but still not accurate. I think it has to do with the stress the reporter deals with to keep up with the story´s deadline. In cases where the police don´t know the individuals who are being arrested, they very often provide reporters with faulty inormation.

According to google maps, the address of 415 Madison Street is non existent. The street ends at 412. So it´s very possible that the reporter who wrote about the Mirra stabbing simply confused the numbers. It´s understandable. Mirra´s home address back then was at 115 Madison Street.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 03/14/14 03:33 PM

This guy stuck it to Goldie Hawn?
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 03/15/14 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
This guy stuck it to Goldie Hawn?

And he got her back when she was pretty hot. It's still hard for me to watch Goldie on TV without thinking of the whole Mirra thing.
I guess it give a whole new meaning to the phrase "sock it to me".
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 03/16/14 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: GaryH

Yeah. What I noticed with those older articles (and this may well also be the case with newer articles), sometimes the numbers showing age or addresses are not accurate. They are often close, but still not accurate. I think it has to do with the stress the reporter deals with to keep up with the story´s deadline. In cases where the police don´t know the individuals who are being arrested, they very often provide reporters with faulty inormation.

According to google maps, the address of 415 Madison Street is non existent. The street ends at 412. So it´s very possible that the reporter who wrote about the Mirra stabbing simply confused the numbers. It´s understandable. Mirra´s home address back then was at 115 Madison Street.

You may be right about the reporters giving faulty information.
But I'd also be willing to bet that 415 Madison existed at one time.

The Baruch Houses, which now occupy the site, were built in 1977. Prior to all these public housing projects being built in the 1970's, the lower east side was jam packed with tenements all the way to the river. They have almost all been torn down in that area for public housing.

This is part of the Bonanno family history that I find very interesting. They had a few crews from the lower east side, outside of traditional little Italy. In particular the Knickerbocker village area around Pearl, Madison and Monroe streets.
Posted By: British

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 03/17/14 11:24 AM

He looked a scary guy!
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 03/17/14 01:03 PM

Yea banging Goldie was pretty amazing in itself. Speaking of her daughter is smoking hot too.

Thanks for the Mirra mugshot, never seen that one before either. All the ones I ever seen were in the 70's up to his death so it's rare to see him without that grey hair.

I know someone brought up Pistone and yes he said Mirra was something else. I know in his book I think he mentioned you never knew what you were going to get with Mirra because he was so unpredictable. He made a ton of enemies that was for sure. He was behind the whole sit down with the undercover claiming Donnie Brasco cut up 250k with him in drug money, which was nothing but Mirra being pissed over losing Donnie in the prior sitdown over who owned Donnie. When you do that you make a ton of enemies.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Has anyone got any Tony Mirra photos? - 03/17/14 01:51 PM

Like the Galante, Amuso and Casso's of this world, he seemed to strike fear in people because he could not be reasoned with.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET