Philly - 03/21/12 01:12 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_je..._Mob_trial.html

wow....this guy has some canoles
Posted By: mike68

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 04:17 PM

Either that or he's profoundly stupid.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 05:32 PM

Thats when you know this "thing" is not what it used to be, and will probably never be again.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Thats when you know this "thing" is not what it used to be, and will probably never be again.

How could it be, when in the US, you have Martha Stewart who is more stand up and willing to do more jail time than a wiseguy?
Posted By: CleveItalia

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 05:46 PM

^^^ that might be the most insightful post i have read in years.

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

How could it be, when in the US, you have Martha Stewart who is more stand up and willing to do more jail time than a wiseguy?

Big Ang from Mob Wives kid said about whether he wanted to be a wiseguy/join the mob, he said "that lifestyle is dead".
Posted By: carmela

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 05:50 PM

Big Ang from Mob Wives kid said about whether he wanted to be a wiseguy/join the mob, he said "that lifestyle is dead".

So now it's all making sense to you because he said that? I don't watch that show and have no idea who this kid is. I only know the obvious.
Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident

Re: Philly - 03/21/12 10:30 PM

definitely right but Ligambi and for sure Borgesi should have never associated with Monacello. He always was more of a businessman than mobster , Borgesi should have just stuck with made guy and more than likely wouldve done the 10 years

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 03:27 AM

So now it's all making sense to you because he said that? I don't watch that show and have no idea who this kid is. I only know the obvious.

Lol, not cause he said that. Was just pointing that out since it came to mind at the time.

Ive known LCN has been a dying lifestyle ever since I first started getting interested in it.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 10:04 AM

Crime doesn't pay that's it.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 06:01 PM

I think the whole mythology behind it is dieing out i.e the godfather, men of honour, respectability. But theres always gonna be gangster and criminals so it will live on but it wont have that aura around it that it used to meaning that you wont get as many wannabes and recruits. This wont happen for years yet though because you still have shows like mob wives on that glamorises it. i dont think you could do that with any other group of criminals, imagine RUSSIAN SEX TRAFFICKERS WIVES or BALTIMORE DRUG LORDS WIVES.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 06:18 PM

Ive known LCN has been a dying lifestyle ever since I first started getting interested in it.

On the whole, that's been the case for the last 50 years now. But some people have failed to recognize where it already happened in certain areas, while also fail to recognize where it's happening much slower in others.

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

On the whole, that's been the case for the last 50 years now. But some people have failed to recognize where it already happened in certain areas, while also fail to recognize where it's happening much slower in others.

Ivy, dont remind me. You and I are quite familiar with the whole Detroit/Buffalo, etc crime family enthusiasts. They are relentless even with the lack of evidence thats for sure.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 07:54 PM

Ivy, dont remind me. You and I are quite familiar with the whole Detroit/Buffalo, etc crime family enthusiasts. They are relentless even with the lack of evidence thats for sure.

They're just laying low in Detroit, waiting to take over the whole country tongue whistle.

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 08:10 PM

Detroit has been secretly heading and holding national commission meetings since Massino turned. All the other families answer to Detroit, it is just a matter of time before the FBI indicts them...

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 09:31 PM

True that Ivy people trying to say Colombos aren't a family or that detroit is more viable than them is ridiculous. Also the mob not being what it used to be through a mobster's eyes happens every generation, the guys made in the 20s and 30s thought that guys in the 40s and 50s were wild and disrespectful now the guys made in the 70s and 80s think the same about the guys today
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Philly - 03/22/12 10:10 PM

Buffalo's as dead as Dillinger. Detroit's a huge whirlpool of interest for me. I've seen some detailed charts on this forum, only a few dozen members, but recent cases none the less. 2006 and '09, right? The last real mob murder was in '01/'02, right Ivy? That guy hit in his Corvette goin' to the gym. That video with Scott Burnstein and the retired FBI agents made it seem like there's still a LCN presence in the D. Though even at that borgata's peak they were no way near as strong or as capable as Chicago or New York; I mean I don't think the family even really had union influence, did they?
One thing about Buffalo is didn't they have crews across the border, Hamilton and Toronto? I'd assume over time those crews became independent. Now I'd like to add that in no way are those crews viable families, though there still may be an organization of small-time crooks.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

They're just laying low in Detroit, waiting to take over the whole country tongue whistle.

"Hey, you take it easy on them livin' in the Big D, 'dem people be livin' in Mad Max times"
--- Bartender Moe from The Simpsons
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

hey, you forgot to use the word "underground". lol

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:05 AM

That's basically my point. On one hand, I get into debates with people who talk as if the Colombos - one of the 5 NY families for crying out loud - will be gone by the end of the year. On the other hand, I've got other people insisting to me that Detroit is still going strong under the radar with 60 made guys. I'm left wondering what exactly these people are looking at.

But the worst has always been the Chicago guys. And that's probably because there was a time when the Outfit rivaled some of the NY families. And that image of the Chicago mob still persists in many people's minds, no matter how little evidence there is to support it. Now, Chicago is basically the only viable family left outside the northeast (and that's saying something) but people - especially posters from Chicago - continue to insist on the Outfit having this monolithic presence in Chicago, will almost all crime and corruption revolve around it. When, in reality, the Outfit is simply one entity that revolves around the long-standing corruption in Chicago, and has it's own niche in certain criminal areas. Far from rivaling any of the NY families today, it's much closer to New England or Philadelphia.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas

Buffalo's as dead as Dillinger. Detroit's a huge whirlpool of interest for me. I've seen some detailed charts on this forum, only a few dozen members, but recent cases none the less. 2006 and '09, right? The last real mob murder was in '01/'02, right Ivy? That guy hit in his Corvette goin' to the gym. That video with Scott Burnstein and the retired FBI agents made it seem like there's still a LCN presence in the D. Though even at that borgata's peak they were no way near as strong or as capable as Chicago or New York; I mean I don't think the family even really had union influence, did they?
One thing about Buffalo is didn't they have crews across the border, Hamilton and Toronto? I'd assume over time those crews became independent. Now I'd like to add that in no way are those crews viable families, though there still may be an organization of small-time crooks.

Well, the Detroit charts, which tend to come from mcscott, have ranged anywhere from 40 to 60 members over the past 5 or 6 years. In fact, if you take those charts at face value, Detroit is the only family still growing in size. But mscott's admitted that he isn't 100% sure everybody on that chart is made. And he's listed people in the past who are obviously not, since they're not even Italian. I like mcscott, he does provide a lot of good info on Detroit, and I own both his books. But, like many authors, I do think he tends to embellish his subject matter. According to Detroit Mob Confidential, they're America's "most successful Mafia family?" C'mon.

I've said many times before that the feds said the family had 30 members at most back in the mid 1990's. And even if we were to assume that they missed some guys, and that others have been made since then, there's just no way the Detroit family has 40, 50, or 60 made guys today.

Detroit did have union influence way back in the day, Hoffa and the Teamsters to name one example, but nothing in recent years or even semi-recent. 2006 was the last significant case involving the Detroit family. But we're talking by their standards. Before that, the last real significant case was a decade before in 1996. I'd bet we'll never see a case in Detroit like the 1996 one again. The 2009 case was over sports fixing involving some bookies who had some connections to the Detroit mob. And then there were the D'Anna's who assaulted the rival restaurant owner last year.

I'd probably put Buffalo right behind Detroit as far as families on the other side of where I draw the "viable/non-viable" line. But like Detroit, you also have to go back to the mid-1990's for the last really significant case involving that family. That being when Laborers Local 210 was put under federal oversight. Since then, there have been a few cases involving individual guys here and there, but nothing that shows a formally structured, cohesive family. In the past the family did have a crew in Hamilton and a few members in Toronto.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:30 AM

What/when was the last mob related case out of Buffalo?

Only mob-esque activity I see near Buffalo (I have been in the area the past few years) is those Waste Management trucks that say Cassella, and I HIGHLY doubt they are mob related. Still, everytime I see one of them I think of the mob lol.

I saw Joe Todaro Jr at the original La Nova pizzeria not too long ago when I visited a friend in Buffalo.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:34 AM

This is what I have for Buffalo from 2000 forward. One thing, I'm not 100% sure of the mob connection in the first case listed (the shoplifting one). There were a lot of Italians involved, it is Buffalo, and I've seen some of those names in the case also listed in Buffalo family charts.

In February 2000, 25 people, including Buffalo LCN members, Pasquale "Paddy" Brindisi, Phillip "Phil" Corelli, James "Jimmy" Feliciano, and Frank Ferraro were indicted in Utica, NY on charges of enterprise corruption, conspiracy, grand larceny, and possession of stolen property involving a $35 million shoplifting ring that included items such as videos, razor blades, batteries, radios, CD players, calculators, medications, video games, cameras, etc. from localo stores such as Wal-Mart, K-Mart, CVS, Sears, JC Penney, Staples, Office Max, etc.

In June 2000, Rochester LCN-faction member Thomas Marotta was indicted in the Western District of New York on charges of conspiracy, cocaine trafficking in Rochester and New York City, laundering $200,000 to $350,000 in gambling and drug profits,transporting 6 stolen vehicles from Rochester to Cleveland, and trafficking in $120,000 to $200,000 in stolen food stamps.

In September 2001, Buffalo LCN member Frank "Butchie BiFocals" BiFulco was indicted in Buffalo on charges of fraud, conspiracy and arson for having an associate's car torched in an insurance scam.

In September 2002, Buffalo LCN member Sonny Nicoletti Jr. and an associate were indicted in Niagara Falls, NY on charges of racketeering, running a sports betting peration that used a wireroom in the Dominican Republic , conspiracy to commit robbery, weapons possession, and extortion.

In June 2005, Rochester LCN-faction members Dominic "Sonny" Celestino and Frank Frassetto were indicted in the Western District of New York on charges of conspiracy to steal $90 million from a financial institution in New York and wire the money to a bank in Miami.

In January 2006, LIUNA Local 210 in Buffalo, which had past ties to the Buffalo LCN, was declared free of control of organized crime after it had been put under federal trusteeship in 1996.

In June 2006, 11 people, including Buffalo LCN associate Leonard Mordino, were indicted in Buffalo on charges cocaine trafficking.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:34 AM

From Wiki - This was under the "Current Status" section, take it with a grain of salt...

The Buffalo crime family's base of power has been the City of Buffalo, New York for the last century, but the group has also had criminal interests and satellite groups, or "crews", in other areas, such as Rochester and Utica in upstate New York; eastern Pennsylvania; Youngstown, Ohio; and the southern Ontario cities of Niagara Falls, Hamilton and Toronto. The Buffalo crime family remains active to this day, but law enforcement and the media have estimated the crime family's current underworld presence at anywhere from one of the most powerful crime families in La Cosa Nostra to being on the verge of extinction. The family also had significant power in Niagara Falls, New York and was associated with the corrupt leadership of the Laborers Local 91 laborers' union.

The Buffalo crime family has continued to be active in the Western and upstate New York areas, along with the Southern Ontario area, affiliated and active crews operate in several Buffalo areas such as the North, East and West Sides and in some suburban locations such as Niagara Falls, Cheektowaga and Amherst along with Utica, New York and Niagara Falls, Hamilton and Toronto, Ontario. No longer does it have a seat on the Mafia's National Commission as the New York Mafia and its 5 Crime Families have been in disarray for the last 10–15 years. The Buffalo crime family's membership is down with an estimated 40 made members and roughly 800-1000 associates and they no longer control extremely large criminal operations such as large scale gambling, extortion or protection, burglary rings, hijacking and narcotics.

Since the 1990s it has been predicted by local law enforcement, the media and crime writers who keep a close watch on the Western New York underworld that Joseph Todaro, Jr. was the most likely successor to his father as the next Buffalo crime family Boss being that he has been Acting Boss since roughly 1995, but as recently as late 2006 there has been a rumor circulating that the Todaros, Joseph Todaro, Sr. and Joseph Todaro Jr. have officially retired from active participation in Buffalo crime family activities and affairs and have officially elevated Consigliere, Leonard Falzone and Capo, Benjamin "Sonny" Nicolletti Jr. to the positions of Boss and Underboss. In other words, the Buffalo crime family may no longer be called the Todaro crime family as the "Todaro Era" has possibly ended, but this as of yet has not been verified by local or national law enforcement, agencies such as the Buffalo P.D., the FBI or the DEA so it cannot be considered official, but the "Falzone Era" has begun.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark

From Wiki - This was under the "Current Status" section, take it with a grain of salt...

The Buffalo crime family's base of power has been the City of Buffalo, New York for the last century, but the group has also had criminal interests and satellite groups, or "crews", in other areas, such as Rochester and Utica in upstate New York; eastern Pennsylvania; Youngstown, Ohio; and the southern Ontario cities of Niagara Falls, Hamilton and Toronto. The Buffalo crime family remains active to this day, but law enforcement and the media have estimated the crime family's current underworld presence at anywhere from one of the most powerful crime families in La Cosa Nostra to being on the verge of extinction. The family also had significant power in Niagara Falls, New York and was associated with the corrupt leadership of the Laborers Local 91 laborers' union.

The Buffalo crime family has continued to be active in the Western and upstate New York areas, along with the Southern Ontario area, affiliated and active crews operate in several Buffalo areas such as the North, East and West Sides and in some suburban locations such as Niagara Falls, Cheektowaga and Amherst along with Utica, New York and Niagara Falls, Hamilton and Toronto, Ontario. No longer does it have a seat on the Mafia's National Commission as the New York Mafia and its 5 Crime Families have been in disarray for the last 10–15 years. The Buffalo crime family's membership is down with an estimated 40 made members and roughly 800-1000 associates and they no longer control extremely large criminal operations such as large scale gambling, extortion or protection, burglary rings, hijacking and narcotics.

Since the 1990s it has been predicted by local law enforcement, the media and crime writers who keep a close watch on the Western New York underworld that Joseph Todaro, Jr. was the most likely successor to his father as the next Buffalo crime family Boss being that he has been Acting Boss since roughly 1995, but as recently as late 2006 there has been a rumor circulating that the Todaros, Joseph Todaro, Sr. and Joseph Todaro Jr. have officially retired from active participation in Buffalo crime family activities and affairs and have officially elevated Consigliere, Leonard Falzone and Capo, Benjamin "Sonny" Nicolletti Jr. to the positions of Boss and Underboss. In other words, the Buffalo crime family may no longer be called the Todaro crime family as the "Todaro Era" has possibly ended, but this as of yet has not been verified by local or national law enforcement, agencies such as the Buffalo P.D., the FBI or the DEA so it cannot be considered official, but the "Falzone Era" has begun.

Just saw this too, damm 40 made guys and around 800-1000 associates. That family can almost rival one of the smaller NY families.

what a load of crap

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 01:38 AM

This is what I have for Buffalo from 2000 forward. One thing, I'm not 100% sure of the mob connection in the first case listed (the shoplifting one). There were a lot of Italians involved, it is Buffalo, and I've seen some of those names in the case also listed in Buffalo family charts.

In February 2000, 25 people, including Buffalo LCN members, Pasquale "Paddy" Brindisi, Phillip "Phil" Corelli, James "Jimmy" Feliciano, and Frank Ferraro were indicted in Utica, NY on charges of enterprise corruption, conspiracy, grand larceny, and possession of stolen property involving a $35 million shoplifting ring that included items such as videos, razor blades, batteries, radios, CD players, calculators, medications, video games, cameras, etc. from localo stores such as Wal-Mart, K-Mart, CVS, Sears, JC Penney, Staples, Office Max, etc.

In June 2000, Rochester LCN-faction member Thomas Marotta was indicted in the Western District of New York on charges of conspiracy, cocaine trafficking in Rochester and New York City, laundering $200,000 to $350,000 in gambling and drug profits,transporting 6 stolen vehicles from Rochester to Cleveland, and trafficking in $120,000 to $200,000 in stolen food stamps.

In September 2001, Buffalo LCN member Frank "Butchie BiFocals" BiFulco was indicted in Buffalo on charges of fraud, conspiracy and arson for having an associate's car torched in an insurance scam.

In September 2002, Buffalo LCN member Sonny Nicoletti Jr. and an associate were indicted in Niagara Falls, NY on charges of racketeering, running a sports betting peration that used a wireroom in the Dominican Republic , conspiracy to commit robbery, weapons possession, and extortion.

In June 2005, Rochester LCN-faction members Dominic "Sonny" Celestino and Frank Frassetto were indicted in the Western District of New York on charges of conspiracy to steal $90 million from a financial institution in New York and wire the money to a bank in Miami.

In January 2006, LIUNA Local 210 in Buffalo, which had past ties to the Buffalo LCN, was declared free of control of organized crime after it had been put under federal trusteeship in 1996.

In June 2006, 11 people, including Buffalo LCN associate Leonard Mordino, were indicted in Buffalo on charges cocaine trafficking.

thanks

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 03:30 AM

THe buffalo and detroit families kinda just faded away as viable families because they had little union presence and thats all gone now and they missed out on the millions in the drug trade, whats left of these families is just gambling and some loansharking and extortion

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident
THe buffalo and detroit families kinda just faded away as viable families because they had little union presence and thats all gone now and they missed out on the millions in the drug trade, whats left of these families is just gambling and some loansharking and extortion

The Buffalo and Detroit families are the next step down where New England, New Jersey, and Philadelphia are headed. I think, more than anything else, is that it came down to Buffalo and Detroit not having the numbers to withstand the general attrition. But, on the flip side, they obviously had more than, say, places like St. Louis or Los Angeles.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 04:16 AM

What happened with Buffalo and Detroit is you have a situation in which all the bosses and most of the members were older and rich, and therefore don't really have much of an incentive to commit crimes. So they both have about 20 made guys left, but they aren't doing much of anything.

IMHO, this same process is affecting the Chicago Outfit at the moment. The membership is getting too old and too rich to have any reason to actively engage in high-risk crimes. They aren't as far gone as Detroit and Buffalo, but they are fading like that.

I think that New England and Philadelphia are being more eroded by law enforcement pressure than they are by the "old rich guys fading away into retirement" phenomenon that took out Detroit and Buffalo, and (again, just my opinion) is currently killing off the Chicago Outfit. Especially Philly, which seems to have an unlimited supply of young Italian-American guys willing to fill up the ranks (New England is being affected by the aging thing a bit).

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
What happened with Buffalo and Detroit is you have a situation in which all the bosses and most of the members were older and rich, and therefore don't really have much of an incentive to commit crimes. So they both have about 20 made guys left, but they aren't doing much of anything.

IMHO, this same process is affecting the Chicago Outfit at the moment. The membership is getting too old and too rich to have any reason to actively engage in high-risk crimes. They aren't as far gone as Detroit and Buffalo, but they are fading like that.

I think that New England and Philadelphia are being more eroded by law enforcement pressure than they are by the "old rich guys fading away into retirement" phenomenon that took out Detroit and Buffalo, and (again, just my opinion) is currently killing off the Chicago Outfit. Especially Philly, which seems to have an unlimited supply of young Italian-American guys willing to fill up the ranks (New England is being affected by the aging thing a bit).

You make a good point, Ivan. If you're the Todaros in Buffalo, or the DiFronzos in Chicago, or the Toccos in Detroit, you're already multi-millionaires. How hard are they really going to try to keep making new members when, not only is there less of a pool to recruit from, but what pool there is younger guys who grew up in the suburbs watching Goodfellas and The Sopranos? Again, it's a problem of both quantity and quality.

I also agree that New England and Philadelphia have a larger pool to recruit from, by comparison, though I wouldn't call it "unlimited." It seems that the Patriarca, DeCavalcante, and Bruno families are all under 50 made guys now.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 05:00 AM

About every couple years I compile numbers for the families and recently I came up with about 40 for decavalcantes, 40-45 for patriarcas, 40- 50 for philly although I just say 50 because with guys dying and also I'm sure they've made people in the last for 4 or 5 years

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 05:16 AM

About every couple years I compile numbers for the families and recently I came up with about 40 for decavalcantes, 40-45 for patriarcas, 40- 50 for philly although I just say 50 because with guys dying and also I'm sure they've made people in the last for 4 or 5 years

That's about right. I think 50 is the max for all three families. Pogo's chart over on the RD lists 42 members for the DeCavalcantes. There's at least 43 for New England. And at least 43 for Philadelphia.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 05:18 AM

Mind providing us a list of all those made guys? Personally, I am curious.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 05:34 AM

Sure ill get them on here soon as possible, also past charts posted on here might give you a good idea

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 05:39 AM

I also agree that New England and Philadelphia have a larger pool to recruit from, by comparison, though I wouldn't call it "unlimited."

Yeah that "unlimited" thing was kind of a joke, but it does seem like that some new kid I never heard of before pops up in Philadelphia as a significant player every few months. That doesn't happen too often in New England, and it doesn't happen at all in Detroit, Buffalo, or even Chicago it seems.
Posted By: short841

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 09:03 AM

I Read that the decalvalcantes only have fifty associates from the new jersey organised crime report. Is that because the Genovese have five crews there and the others have influence there therefore people from jersey become associated with the ny families then the decalvs?

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: short841
Is that because the Genovese have five crews there and the others have influence there therefore people from jersey become associated with the ny families then the decalvs?

That's definitely a possibility. One family is called "the Ivy League", and the other is called "a farm team". Which would you rather join?

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 09:23 AM

Yh I know haha. Was just sayingincase if that is a possibility. But fifty associates seem very low!

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 09:24 AM

If you look at that 2004 report, it cites the New Jersey faction of the Genovese family having 40 members and 400 associates. Which basically dwarfs the 40 members and 50 associates it cited for the DeCavalcantes.

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 09:29 AM

Yh that's the report Im on about. That's nothing 50 associates. No wonder there's not much news about them
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Philly - 03/23/12 08:44 PM

Philly has many of young associates who are content with being just that, making extra cash on the side while working real jobs and staying under the radar and never wanted to step it up or step on anyone's toes.

South Philly is a very small community so brushing up against mobsters is common around here, there is no way of really telling if this guy or that guy has something going on with a high profile mobster around here.

Still haven't heard of any new news on the front here about what it going on. We know Mazzone, Ciangalini, and Mikey Lance are the major players but I would still like to know of any word on who got bumped to captain since all of Ligambi's crew went down.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 01:16 AM

Decavalcante Family

Boss

Giovanni Riggi/86

Acting Boss

Francesco Guarraci/57

Underboss

Joseph Miranda/86

Consigliere

Stefano Vitabile/77

Made Members

Philip Abramo/67
Joseph "Jo Jo" Ferrara/64
Giuseppe "Pino" Schifilliti/79
Salvatore "Little Sal" Timpani/66
Gaetano Alessi
Daniel "Danny" Annunziata
Amelio Cocchiaro
Rosario “Russell” Cocchiaro
Joseph Collina
Louis "Louie Eggs" Consalvo
Carl Corsentino
Nicholas “Nick” Cottone
Paul Cuamo
Frank D'Amato
Anthony DeMaio
James Gallo
Francesco “Joe” Gatto
Joseph "Uncle Joe" Giaccobe
Leonardo “Larry” Giacobbe
Girolamo Guarraggi
Charles "Fat Charlie" Majuri
Anthony "Marshmallow" Mannarino
Joseph Merlo
Michael Merlo
Joseph Miglorato
Frank Nigro
Robert "Bobby Basile" Occhipiti
Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo
Francesco Paparatto
Salvatore “Sal” Polizzi
Gregory Rago
Emmanuel "Manny" Riggi
John "Junior" Riggi
Vincent Riggi/
Joseph "Tin Ear" Sclafani
Nicholas Tozzie/
Gaetano "Corky" Vastola/ Retired
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 01:36 AM

seems to me that man for man, the philly family has the most going on in terms of activity and indictments, along with new england.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
seems to me that man for man, the philly family has the most going on in terms of activity and indictments, along with new england.

I still think those two are somewhat more active than Chicago, but I'm obviously in the minority with this opinion.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 02:18 AM

I still think those two are somewhat more active than Chicago, but I'm obviously in the minority with this opinion.
definatly a worthy arguement. it seems like philly and new england might have a wider scope of activities going on, especially drug dealing which might serve to widen thier exposure.the chicago mob seems to be the least involved in drug dealing out of the remaining viable families.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 02:59 AM

Chicago staying out of the drug trade for the most part has to do that the bosses who ran the family into the 80s never allowed it and was still punishable by death, by the time accardo died in the early 90s there were rico laws and heat from the feds so there was no sense for them to get into it, Also in terms of activity and indictments i would go Philly,New England,Chicago and Decavalcante. In my honest opinion a bigger indictment against the Decavalcante could come sometime, they remind of how philly didn't have any massive indictments from 2002 until last year.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 03:35 AM

Also in terms of activity and indictments i would go Philly,New England,Chicago and Decavalcante.

Yeah, essentially agreed with that order, but I'd put New England on par with or ahead of Philadelphia.

I suppose one could argue that Detroit and DeCavalcante are roughly on par with one another, but I can't think of any way to prove or disprove that. They do seem to me to be at the same approximate level of "not doing a whole lot" though.

Chicago is involved with drugs a bit, or was a while ago anyway. If I remember correctly, one of the DIFronzo brothers set a world's record for largest indoor marijuana farm of all time or something. lol

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 04:15 AM

The Decavalcante family is much more viable than detroit, the reason there hasn't been many indictments against the Decavs is after 2003 when they had much of the family indicted the FBI felt a job well done and after get a blow on a smaller family like that they don't go straight back to hammering them, just like philly after merlino,Stanfa and many others were jailed they really didn't do anything until recently, also when talking about Chicago i mostly meant hard drugs not pot,

Francesco Guarraci was indicted in 2009 of extorting business
James Castaldo, a soldier was convicted of hiring a hitman
Also some other cases, and the Decavalcante crime family was mentioned in the big roundup in January 2011 so i believe them to still be viable

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 05:17 AM

Detroit makes the DeCav's with it's 40 or so active guys look like fuckin' Napoleon's army.

In case, for clarification, that makes Detroit really small

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 05:35 AM

Detroit still have about 25 made guys and they have 2 sources of income legitimate and gambling, the family just faded because the toccos and giacalones are millionares and don't need to make members

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 06:04 AM

Detroit makes the DeCav's with it's 40 or so active guys look like fuckin' Napoleon's army.

So those are pretty active then? I was under the impression that although there were 40ish made guys still in existence, they were all retired, in jail, or doing really penny-ante shit like the one acting boss guy who extorted a pizzeria with a baseball bat a while back.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 06:35 AM

They are active to an extent that they are making millions,No. They are active in traditional mob rackets and many members are in jail but are due out over the next couple of years, also the New York families due that same extortion gig with bats and threats so it doesn't mean they aren't viable. Also they indicted Guarraci for that but doesn't mean they don't have other rackets

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 06:36 AM

The drug cases involving the Outfit have been relatively few and far between but there have been some over the years. In the 1950's, Sam "Teets" Battaglia and Fifi Buccieri were both into drugs. In 1956, Turk Torello and Rocky Infelise were busted for being in possession of $100,000 worth of heroin. In the 1960's, Americo DiPietto and Rocky Infelise were busted for drug trafficking. Then in the 1970's, Infelise was busted for drug trafficking again. In 1986, 10 kilos of cocaine were seized during a raid of a sports betting operation run by Marco D'Amico. Then in the early 1990's you had Joe DiFronzo's in-house marijuana growing operation. In the late 1990's you had associate, Ronnie Jarrett, who was involved in cocaine trafficking with the Satan's Disciples street gang. May have been one reason he was killed, among other things. Then, in 2001, associate Anthony Giannone was busted for marijuana trafficking. It seems that, contrary to the 100% "no dealing" rule that many have thought, it was more like Castellano's rule in the Gambino family. You couldn't deal...unless you had permission. If you did deal without permission, that's when you were in trouble.

Also, for the record, there were some fairly big indictments in Philadelphia between 2002 and last year. In 2008, you had the 24 people, including Michael Lancellotti and Anthony Nicodemo, charged in the $60 million Borgata sports betting case. That same year, you also had 17 people, including Lou Monacello, busted in "Operation Delco Nostra." And there were other smaller cases here and there during those years, including when about 50 video poker machines were seized from several locations in South Philly.

I'd still put the DeCavalcantes ahead of Detroit. The feds do. How far ahead is the question. We've talked before how the hits they took in the late 1990's and early 2000's would be devastating for a smaller family like that. And then they had their union - Laborers Local 394 - put under federal trusteeship in 2006. No wonder there have only been a handful of cases over the past decade. I'm not ready to write them off yet. There could eventually be another big case around the corner. But one starts to wonder the more time goes by. They seem to have been running on fumes in recent years.

To be honest, looking at the cases I've compiled for these remaining smaller families remaining outside New York; New England, Philadelphia, and Chicago are pretty comparable. With the DeCavalcantes coming afterward.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 06:38 AM

This is what I have for the DeCavalcantes. Notice the big drop off after the big superseding cases from 1999 to 2001.

In March 2000, 3 New Jersey LCN associates, including Arthur McCarthy, Franceso Paparatto, and Pat Dwyer, were indicted in New Jersey on charges of racketeering, loansharking, extortion, mail fraud, and theft on construction sites from 1994 to 1999.

In an April 2001 superseding indictment, following previous indictments in December 1999 and October 2000, 21 people, including New Jersey LCN boss John "The Eagle" Riggi, ruling panel member Vincent "Vinny Ocean" Palermo, acting bosses Girolamo "Jimmy" Palermo and Charles "Fat Charles" Majuri, consigliere Stefano "Steve" Vitable, captains Philip Abramo, Francesco "Frank" Polizzi, Giuseppe "Pino" Schifilliti, Anthony Rotundo and Joseph Giacohhe, soldiers Joseph "Tin Ear" Sclafani, Louis "Louie Eggs" Consalvo, Anthony "Marshmellow" Mannarino, Gregory Rago, Joseph Collina Sr., Frank D'Amato, Simone "Daddy" Palermo, and associates Bernard Nicasro, Frank "The Beast" Scarabinio, Charles "The Hat" Stango, Americo "Mike" Massa, Joseph "Big Joey" Brideson, Ruben Malave, Martin Lewis, and NYPD detective Michael Silvestri, were indicted in Manhattan on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, running a sports betting and loansharking operation with the Gambino and Colombo families that netted $2.5 million, extortion of businesses including labor bribery kickbacks from contractors in the construction industry through no-show jobs and sweetheart deals with LIUNA Locals 394 and 1030, extortion of a bus company, truck hijacking, selling stolen goods (2, 250 cases of wine, clothes, 29,000 packages of vitamins, 56 digital copiers, toner, and Kraft food), selling counterfeit goods, selling stolen US savings bonds, the $1.6 million robbery from an armored truck at the World Trade Center, attempted robbery of a payroll office, tax fraud, mail fraud, obstruction of justice, and murder.

In May 2003, it was reported that recent cases had shown the DeCavalcante family's control over local labor unions in the construction industry "had slipped" and LCN members were actually having to work when their names came up on union rolls and it was becoming harder to form relationships between corrupt union leaders and contractors.

In July 2003, 3 New Jersey LCN members and associates, including Mimmo Marzullo, Michael Ferrente, and Keith Cimera, were indicted in New Jersey on charges of running a sports betting operation, loansharking, and cashing over $170,000 in stolen checks from a gambler in their debt.

In May 2004, the New Jersey Commission of Investigation released a report on organized crime in the state, which included a summary of the DeCavalcante LCN family, based in Peterstown section of Elizabeth, New Jersey, said to have approximately 40 members and at least 50 associates. However, many of those members were incarcerated and the group was said to be undergoing reorganization and reentrenchment at the hands of a "skeleton crew" of non-indicted members.

In February 2006, LIUNA Local 394 was put under federal trusteeship due to ongoing corruption and organized crime influence.

In February 2010, 3 New Jersey LCN members and associates, including acting boss Francesco "Frank" Guaracci, were indicted in New Jersey on charges of conspiracy and extorting a pizza shop.

In January 2011, 2 New Jersey LCN members, Jerry Balzano and Joseph Colina, were indicted in Brooklyn on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, possession of contraband cigarettes, receipt of stolen tax refund checks, and loansharking.

In August 2011, the New York Business Integrity Commission denied an operating license to Cara Seafood Express for ties to the DeCavalcantes.

In December 2011, DeCavalcante associates, Steven Marcus of I.T.L Concrete Recycling, Circus Rubbish Removal, Ace Materials & Trucking, Ltd., and Roman Sand & Stone, LLC; and Veincent Alessi, of Duramix Concrete Corp., Bayone Durable Construction Co., and Hudson Keystone Express LLC. were cited in the New Jersey Commission of Investigation report on ongoing organized crime involvement in the solid waste and unregulated recycling industry in New Jersey.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 08:27 AM

thats interesting about reorganising, reentrenchment and the skeleton crew
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 10:34 AM

Ivy, what's you're take on Lou Monacello? I posted in an earlier tread that I was surprised he's apparently not in Witness Protection but still living out in the open.

I do consider Philly a viable family, but when people are not even afraid of a family before testifying...
I mean, if there was a top witness in Chicago that was going to help put some major players away, he would not be relaxing in some Chicago suburb, going out etc. and live to tell about it, in my opinion.

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 07:23 PM

As it has been discussed on here and other forums before, killing rats would bring way too much heat on the family plus the feds know there is always a chance they may be whacked out or discovered to be a rat, so Monacello has already signed sworn statements and everything the damage has been done. If philly decided to whack him it would't matter its too late, he has given the feds all the info already. Plus not so much in Monacello's but WITSEC is worse than death to many mobsters, The feds move you away from where you grew up and know everybody and give you some non-italian name and work at some shitty job with with minium wage pay, basically a living hell for a mobster because the whole reason they joined the mafia was to not have to work and to make money without being a regular joe

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 08:28 PM

Speaking of Philly and Lou Monacello, enjoy!

Re: Philly - 03/24/12 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Ivy, what's you're take on Lou Monacello? I posted in an earlier tread that I was surprised he's apparently not in Witness Protection but still living out in the open.

I do consider Philly a viable family, but when people are not even afraid of a family before testifying...
I mean, if there was a top witness in Chicago that was going to help put some major players away, he would not be relaxing in some Chicago suburb, going out etc. and live to tell about it, in my opinion.

True. But Philly has always seemed to be a little crazy. While nothing will likely happen to him, I also wouldn't be surprised if somebody tried to take him out. Then again, that may not be what Ligambi wants, as it would be way to obvious.

Re: Philly - 03/25/12 04:56 AM

So those are pretty active then? I was under the impression that although there were 40ish made guys still in existence, they were all retired, in jail, or doing really penny-ante shit like the one acting boss guy who extorted a pizzeria with a baseball bat a while back.

Based on the location of the DeCavalcante's and their closeness with the strongest families in the United States, I'd say yeah, Detroit makes New Jersey look like an army. Neither one of which is strong to begin with. With that analogy and the decline of the independent New Jersey family, one can assume on the very, very small size of any LCN, whatever it may be that's left in Detroit.
Posted By: jmack

Re: Philly - 03/27/12 12:06 AM

Anymore news on Dame turning informant?

Re: Philly - 03/27/12 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: jmack
Anymore news on Dame turning informant?

Nope, havent heard a peep, and I just checked hes still listed as being held in the philly FDC

Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date Location
DAMION CANALICHIO 51303-066 42-White-M UNKNOWN PHILADELPHIA FDC
Posted By: Southphilly13

Re: Philly - 04/10/12 04:43 PM

Let me set the record straight.... My brother Damion Canalichio did not flip.. Not sure who your confirmed sources are but they are highly mistaken. My brother is sitting on 7th n Arch awaiting trial in September, I just got off the phone with him. Please know your facts before you try to destroy my brothers name. Let me give you some insight on my brothers case. The FBI has out n out lied. They said they have a recording of my brother saying he is capable of hitting someone with a bat.. Truth is it wasn't even him that said it. I heard the tape. The FBI has 2 junkies that are trying their best to keep my brother in jail. Truth is one junkie has 12 yes count them 12 DUI's along with other offenses before he even met my brother. The other junkie has also been locked up for bank fraud amongst other offenses. They want to give my brother 22 years for what? A poker machine and gambling? Seriously!? Jerry Sandusic raped 9 kids and he got bail twice. Is this how my tax money is being spent? 11 year investigation and millions and millions of taxpayers money, for this case.... And here's the kicker, all the bars that had poker machines that were taken by the FBI, have poker machines back in them, so why aren't they back at those bars?? Honestly their should be a probe into the misuse of taxpayers money with this case. The only reason this case went forth is because the statue of limitations were going to be up. My brother has been in jail for almost 5 years, he has never ratted on anyone in his life.

Re: Philly - 04/10/12 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly13
Let me set the record straight.... My brother Damion Canalichio did not flip.. Not sure who your confirmed sources are but they are highly mistaken. My brother is sitting on 7th n Arch awaiting trial in September, I just got off the phone with him. Please know your facts before you try to destroy my brothers name. Let me give you some insight on my brothers case. The FBI has out n out lied. They said they have a recording of my brother saying he is capable of hitting someone with a bat.. Truth is it wasn't even him that said it. I heard the tape. The FBI has 2 junkies that are trying their best to keep my brother in jail. Truth is one junkie has 12 yes count them 12 DUI's along with other offenses before he even met my brother. The other junkie has also been locked up for bank fraud amongst other offenses. They want to give my brother 22 years for what? A poker machine and gambling? Seriously!? Jerry Sandusic raped 9 kids and he got bail twice. Is this how my tax money is being spent? 11 year investigation and millions and millions of taxpayers money, for this case.... And here's the kicker, all the bars that had poker machines that were taken by the FBI, have poker machines back in them, so why aren't they back at those bars?? Honestly their should be a probe into the misuse of taxpayers money with this case. The only reason this case went forth is because the statue of limitations were going to be up. My brother has been in jail for almost 5 years, he has never ratted on anyone in his life.

Thanks for setting the record straight.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Philly - 04/10/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly13
Please know your facts before you try to destroy my brothers name.

Wait a minute. Didn´t your brother destroy his name on his own? What´s he in for? How many lifes got waisted because of that shit? And what are the costs for the society in general having that shit around?

Re: Philly - 04/10/12 06:02 PM

^^you summed it all up perfectly.
Posted By: Southphilly13

Re: Philly - 04/10/12 06:17 PM

And that's why he went to jail. But my brother has served his time. And when I say don't sit here and destroy his name, I mean don't sit here and say he flipped when you don't know what your talking about.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philly - 04/11/12 02:36 PM

southphilly13 is defnitely correct that every one of those bars has poker machines back in them and have had them in there for quite some time...and they always will. And I know everyone here didn't mean to slander your brothers name. Its not right.

But for you to call people junkies, when in turn your brother caused many of those same people to become junkies over the years is not right. He made money off them but now that two turned on him, they are junkies? Nah they are just rats. Not all rats are junkies and not all junkies are rats. SouthPhilly13 I agree with some of what you say, espeically how they try to put these some guys away for gambling longer then some of these North philly guys get for murder, but your acting typical south philly here. I would stick up for my brother to but no need to trash people who your brother helped become junkies. I lived in both south philly and washington twp so I know your brothers reputation...he is no angel.

Re: Philly - 04/11/12 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
southphilly13 is defnitely correct that every one of those bars has poker machines back in them and have had them in there for quite some time...and they always will. And I know everyone here didn't mean to slander your brothers name. Its not right.

But for you to call people junkies, when in turn your brother caused many of those same people to become junkies over the years is not right. He made money off them but now that two turned on him, they are junkies? Nah they are just rats. Not all rats are junkies and not all junkies are rats. SouthPhilly13 I agree with some of what you say, espeically how they try to put these some guys away for gambling longer then some of these North philly guys get for murder, but your acting typical south philly here. I would stick up for my brother to but no need to trash people who your brother helped become junkies. I lived in both south philly and washington twp so I know your brothers reputation...he is no angel.

I've never really understood that. The video poker thing, I mean. If the cops are going to do a raid, unless it's just to do it every once in a while to break some balls or make the papers, what's the use of doing it at all if the machines are right back in those joints a short time later? Maybe it's a priority thing. Video poker machines used for illegal gambling wouldn't last a week here in Utah.

Re: Philly - 04/12/12 05:25 AM

Most the times it is to break balls and let them know(Mobsters) that the FBI knows they are using them for illegal gambling and they hope by scaring them they won't return to the racket. I also think its an attempt to try to get mobsters on anything and really don't actually care about the poker machines as much as getting an indictment. I'm not a fanboy of the mob or anything but it seems at times the FBI becomes somewhat desperate and trys to get the mobsters on anything and some key cases were Jackie D' Amico's case was called weak by the judge, Operation old bridge almost all the guys are out, Vincent Badalamenti only getting two years. It seems to me that they would't care about the machines at all if they weren't connected to the mob

Re: Philly - 04/12/12 10:12 AM

Gambling cases are a way for the feds to get their foot in the door to something bigger, according to one of the guys who investigated the Stanfa mob.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philly - 04/12/12 02:24 PM

The feds really do take them out the front door and new ones are right in the back door. The poker machines have always been around but I don't remember them being as a big part of an indictment and news reports as they were this time around for Uncle Joe. I have a feeling it was how Uncle Joe, staino and mousie bought and ran the company and that they were a big money maker for this regime. The machines say for "entertainment" and the bartender pays you out if you hit. So you have to know them to play. And they are only in the local corner bars. It really is stupid to make such a big deal out of poker machines. You have to be a dumb ass to play mob ran poker machines anyway. But there are so many degenerate gamblers in the city that they are used even with Sugar house casino right around the corner.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Philly - 04/12/12 04:00 PM

ya sugarhouse is a mile away with the same thing, its only convenience for the corner bars and the people in them to use them and not hit, but the FBI is wasting so much money on cases like these in philly on nickel and dime crimes all the while trying to hook up a murder on ligmabi or others then get more to flip

Re: Philly - 04/12/12 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
The feds really do take them out the front door and new ones are right in the back door. The poker machines have always been around but I don't remember them being as a big part of an indictment and news reports as they were this time around for Uncle Joe. I have a feeling it was how Uncle Joe, staino and mousie bought and ran the company and that they were a big money maker for this regime. The machines say for "entertainment" and the bartender pays you out if you hit. So you have to know them to play. And they are only in the local corner bars. It really is stupid to make such a big deal out of poker machines. You have to be a dumb ass to play mob ran poker machines anyway. But there are so many degenerate gamblers in the city that they are used even with Sugar house casino right around the corner.

Back in September 2001, a few dozen video poker machines belonging to Ligambi, Massimino, and Staino were seized. That's what led to them moving in on Tony Machine's territory. Then, of course, you had the last raid back in September 2009 where about 50 machines were seized.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Philly - 04/13/12 01:12 PM

Is Frankie Martines jr involved with the philly family at all?

Re: Philly - 04/14/12 05:03 PM

No doesn't seem like Frank Jr has any mob ties but he is quick to use his hands on women

http://articles.philly.com/1997-07-31/news/25548768_1_frank-martines-life-term-mob-ties
Posted By: tree

Re: Philly - 08/13/12 03:33 AM

you sound just like a devil,this country hasnt given my people nothin!when they came here they were put in the slums and most of us still our. so to my italian brothers and sistas in jail keep your head up and if u cant get what you want from this country,DAM RIGHT YOU TAKE IT!
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Philly - 08/13/12 03:45 AM

What are you, 12?
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Philly - 08/13/12 03:52 AM

It's sad some people still think, like Southphilly13, that being a mafia member is less dishonorable than turning informant. That means that as long as you don't "rat" on others, you are a honorable person in spite of whatever you do. I don't know about his brother, but I once read a discussion where some people applied the same logic to Casso (meaning that he is a scumbag, not because he is a multiple murderer, but because he "ratted").

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 02:10 AM

its sad to see some peple are still racist!my people came here and have been nothin but servants to this country!cookin,cutting grass and building for the rich!how dare you blame the ungerdog knowing were all not gonna make it!"our thing"started from being oppressed you should do your homework bfor you open that hole!thats my people and i love em all,i know deep down inside you desire their style,skin and beauty.if you wanna say somethin tell the government to get their foot off our necks!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: tree
you desire their style,skin and beauty.if you wanna say somethin tell the government to get their foot off our necks!

confused panic

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 03:01 AM

thats my people and i love em all

I doubt it. Since you love the mafia, you can't possibly love honest Italians who are not mafia members (ah, I forgot, the "mafia" doesn't exist, they are all honest businessmen lol ).

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 03:59 AM

just like a devil does,tries to tell you to love one or the other

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 04:15 AM

Well the Tasmanian devil says " AH spechshshn['aienawiapipip

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 08:12 AM

tree

Why don't you found a cult with mafia bosses as gods (or devils, that would be more correct) and don't become the chief priest if you adore crime so much?

tree praying:"Oh St Carlo Gambino, please kill every blasphemer who doesn't like the mafia, beginning with Dwalin2011 and please make the drugs take over the world! People dying from drugs is such a pleasure to watch!"

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 08:15 AM

you sound just like a devil,this country hasnt given my people nothin!when they came here they were put in the slums and most of us still our. so to my italian brothers and sistas in jail keep your head up and if u cant get what you want from this country,DAM RIGHT YOU TAKE IT!

lol lol lol lol

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 11:32 PM

"by any means necassary".malcom x

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 11:39 PM

chief advocate of the government,you must like takin it from the back

Re: Philly - 08/17/12 11:55 PM

stumbling is not falling

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 12:00 AM

^^^ what is your point with all this nonsense? plenty of ethnic groups have it alot worse than italians these days.

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 12:19 AM

havin it worse doesnt mean you have it better!while we may not b last were certainly nowhere near the top either and they havent forgotten this.you can play with yourself and call it it nonsense but how come drug dealin gansters get longer sentences then those who commit manslaughter?dont know?didnt think so.marjority of them are brown or yellow skinned. any people or persons with melanin will b kept down in white racist america.study real history and not the bullshit your gettin in school unless your just a racist,stealin land,extortionist yourself.reference:dr. francis cress welson

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 12:25 AM

enjoy your short stay here buddy...

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 12:36 AM

what are you? stupid? your not talkin real!your only talkin whats on the surface.lets talk about why this is gone on and not go @ in circles.while you may not like it or agree you must understand

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 12:38 AM

karma is a mf!

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 12:42 AM

a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 01:00 AM

chief advocate of the government,you must like takin it from the back

Don't judge people by your own standards. If you like to take it from the mafia bosses, that doesn't mean others are like you. By the way, there is no difference between the corrupt government and your beloved mafia.
You are funny, you know? it's so easy to make you angry.
Posted By: Boardwalkguy

Re: Philly - 08/18/12 02:47 PM

There is very few men of honor left in Phila ! This entire case is a joke ,nobody made any real money ! Most of these guys are broke and the press shouldn't even consider them mob members ! I bet all of them combined could not come up with a million to buy a night club or something ! now if you look at Scarfo jr case , Big money and big people !
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philly - 08/20/12 12:33 PM

i agree with boardwalkguy

anybody see the feds are trying to tie Borgesi to 11 murders...I dont buy it

the guy has been locked down for a while now they are trying to break him

from reading GA's books Borgesi never seemed like much of a player
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: Philly - 08/20/12 02:34 PM

i just got back from a 10 day stay at the jersey shore reading these articles in the paper the last few weeks made me realize that this judge is heavily in favor to the prosecution its almost unfair that they havnt got one decision their way out of hundreds of motions in. My question to you people on this panel is is there anybody organization that looks at the conduct of a judge?
Posted By: FrankGaglianoJR

Re: Philly - 08/20/12 03:07 PM

New Orleans family also, it is run by Mike T----- and Joe T-----, but old man Marcello and even Gagliano when he took over never made new guys because of the incredible wealth of the legetimate business these guys have IE real estate, legal gambling, strip clubs, regular clubs restuarants and deli's.....
the legetimate money these guys have is incredible.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET