Home

Winter Hill Gang and Westies

Posted By: botz

Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 03/04/12 05:54 AM

Did the Winter Hill Gang and the Westies have any connections to each other?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 03/04/12 09:10 AM

I read somewhere that the Westies reached out to Whitey Bulger back in their heydays but Whitey didn't want to know. He was more than happy being the King of South Boston!
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 03/04/12 05:12 PM

Didn't Whitey or Steve Flemmi hangout for a while in NYC while on the run as younger men? And weren't they seen at a gay bar by an FBI guy?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 03/04/12 05:27 PM

whitey probably thought that the westies were a bunch of cowboys and didn't want to risk hanging out with them. although its funny considering whitey killed 37 and felmmi killed like 40 even his stepdaughter who he was banging
Posted By: moolou

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 03/05/12 06:43 PM

I doubt it. From what I've read about the Westies, they could barely be considered a cohesive gang. The name was given to them by the newspapers after all. It seems like there were a few moneymakers like Coonan and a whole bunch of heroin junkie leg breakers.

As for the Winter Hill Gang, they definitely seemed more organized compared to the Westies. Like JC said, Whitey doesn't seem the type that would expose himself to a bunch of loose cannons.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 03/05/12 08:51 PM

Yeah, Whitey seemed to be a little too sophisticated to deal with a bunch of cowboys like the Westies. I was reading some stuff about Whitey yesterday and was shocked to see the stockpile of weapons they found in his apartment when he was caught. A lot of fire power, and many looked recent, I wonder if he travelled with them, or got them from associated when he was on the run? It seems he had to have some help when he was on the lam, more then just his girl friend.
Posted By: DonMega

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/09/13 12:36 AM

whitey didnt want to hook up with the NYC guys,he didnt see the point of hooking up with them,he just wanted to keep it small keep it local,Coonan called him once but instead was talking to pat nee who pasted on the message to whitey,he never returned the call,

Not really a fault in whiteys part seeing if he had called coonan he would of been on F***** when featherstone flipped
Posted By: azguy

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 01:28 AM

Whitey was a smart guy and made stevie meet with the north end crowd for the most part. He didn't drink, gamble or womanize like most.

I can only imagine how much money is rotting away in bank deposit boxes around the country considering 800g's was his walking around money.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 02:46 AM

[quote=azguy]Whitey was a smart guy and made stevie meet with the north end crowd for the most part. He didn't drink, gamble or womanize like most.
Correct, Bulger liked young girls. Wait doesnt those two girlfriends count as womanizing?
Posted By: stern49

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 04:21 AM

the newspapers named them the Westies, but they (the Westies) still went along with it.

What jail/prison is Bulger in? Haven't heard much about his case. Is he even fighting his case out in court or did he just plead guilty for all the charges?

I know he'd get life if not the chair for all the bad crap he was/is being charged with.
Posted By: southend

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 01:19 PM

he's in Plymouth County jail in Plymouth,Mass. It holds state local and federal inmates
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: southend
he's in Plymouth County jail in Plymouth,Mass. It holds state local and federal inmates
Which I find a bit strange since they could hold him in one in Boston I'm sure...he probably just pissed too many people off to keep him there.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 04:55 PM

My point was he wasn't the type of guys to just run around pissing away money like many of these guys do, he was always looking for his exit plan.

Many rumors abound about his constant trips to Canada and Europe and they were designed to get cash into bank boxes outside the US. In fact once he was caught at Logan International with something like $50k in his luggage and just ran away into the parking garage when confronted.

Plymouth is typical holding for inmates headed to trial in Boston and the trail starts late spring and they will be fighting everything...Nothing will be admitted too, it should be interesting who actually testifies, Weeks, Flemmi, Deluca, etc.
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 06:55 PM

Whitey is a fucking loser sold dope to kids in his own neighborhood..he was no king of southie he just sold tons of drugs,,yes he took over the Irish crowds but it was all from bring a rat he ratted out his enemies with the Irish then did it to the italians..nobody respects him even in his own neighborhood he's a rat southie is like charlestown with that old code of silence crap..anyway my point is his homebase hates him

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 06:56 PM

The Italians should of whacked him when they had a shot..

Re: Winter Hill Gang and Westies - 02/10/13 06:58 PM

An in my opinion the whitey story is way more interesting than the westies story or history I should say
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET