Home

Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father?

Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/13/12 03:12 PM

I'm trying to find out more info on Ramona Rizzo, but can't.

I read the book Donnie Brasco a few years ago and he talks about Lefty's daughters marrying mobsters. One of them was said to be stealing from the mob, so the mob gave Lefty the contract on his own son-in-law.

Based on the info we have on Lefty(he killed a son-in-law) and the fact that Ramona is very secretive about her parents, I beginning to suspect, that maybe the son-in-law Lefty killed is also Ramona's father.

Does anyone here know more about this?
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/13/12 10:46 PM

See if her maiden name is Ruggiero, if it is, she comes from the other side of the family
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/14/12 02:05 AM

She seems to have respect for grandfather. Like Nicholas said her maiden name should tell the story. She also claimed to be on the set and talked to Pacino. Then again, who knows.
Posted By: Banwait

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/14/12 02:26 AM

I don't care who's father got whacker, she's got some beautiful titties.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/14/12 06:36 AM

Lefty had a son from his first marriage who didn't go by the last name Ruggiero. He's the guy depicted in the movie Donnie Brasco. You can't always go by last name, especially with these people.

If Lefty's daughter married a wiseguy named Rizzo, and they had a daughter named Ramona her name would be Ramona Rizzo, not Ruggiero. Ramona married a Jordanian so I assume Rizzo is her maiden name.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/14/12 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
She seems to have respect for grandfather. Like Nicholas said her maiden name should tell the story. She also claimed to be on the set and talked to Pacino. Then again, who knows.

Yes. She speaks glowingly about her grandfather, and if ever confronted with the possibility that her father was killed by her grandfather, it's kind of embarrassing. Especially when her only real claim to fame is that her grandfather was depicted in Donnie Brasco.

Ramona married a man from Jordan, so she's not really a mob wife.

We know that Lefty whacked the husband of one of his daughters, but I guess no one ever thought about the possibility that when Lefty whacked his own son-in-law, that he left little children behind. And that's what I think happened here. I think that's why Ramona isn't saying much about her parents. If that was your background you would too.
Posted By: Mob_Star

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/16/12 03:51 PM

Hi everyone i read somewhere her dad was Johnny Rizzo a capo in the Gambino crime family not sure how true it is but like Skinny_Vinny said you cant find too much on Ramona not surprising though she truly is a non f***ing factor lol

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/16/12 06:00 PM

Maybe it is brought up in Karen's new book.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/16/12 08:04 PM

ramonna's father is johnny rizzo a gambino.....lefty did not whack him

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/16/12 08:34 PM

I'd still like to know if Lefty killed the father of any of his grandchildren when he whacked his son-in-law. That would be interesting to know. All we know from Donnie Brasco is that his son-in-law "Marco" stole from LCN and disappeared.

Must be hard for Lefty's daughter to carry the burden that her father whacked her hubby.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/16/12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
I'd still like to know if Lefty killed the father of any of his grandchildren when he whacked his son-in-law. That would be interesting to know. All we know from Donnie Brasco is that his son-in-law "Marco" stole from LCN and disappeared.

Must be hard for Lefty's daughter to carry the burden that her father whacked her hubby.

Johnny Rizzo is still alive today. Just mentioning this so he won´t be confused with his father, Johnny Rizzo Sr (also a Gambino member) who passed away in 1988.
I don´t know and could be way off, but it is possible that Ramona´s mother used to be married to this "Marco" but later married Johnny Rizzo Jr.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/16/12 11:07 PM

In her Bio on VH1 she says she wants to make an ammends with her parents. Still does not prove anything.
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/17/12 10:38 AM

If I remember correctly there was a Marco, who was an associate of the Bonanno family, but went missing not long after he was thought to have stole money from the family in the late 70's.

That very well could be Ramona's father, her step father is Johnny Rizzo of the Gambino's, I'm pretty sure.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 02:47 AM

So if Johnny Rizzo is her stepfather, it's still possible that Lefty killed her dad when she was a little kid.

Tonight on Mob Wives, Ramona revealed that her nameless boyfriend is in jail.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 02:50 AM

So if Johnny Rizzo is her stepfather, it's still possible that Lefty killed her dad when she was a little kid.

her bf is Gambino soldier Joseph “Joe Boy” Sclafani

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/2012/02/dea-has-uncovered-mob-linked-drug.html
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 07:29 AM

Big Ange and Little Louie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5clDQ_KyXc

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

her bf is Gambino soldier Joseph “Joe Boy” Sclafani

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/2012/02/dea-has-uncovered-mob-linked-drug.html

Thanks. Sclafani looks so non-Italian. At first, I thought that was a photo of one of the doormen until I read further into the article.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 09:14 PM

he didn't kill her dad just give it up

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

he didn't kill her dad just give it up

I'd still like to know what happened to Lefty's son-in-law "Marco" and if he left children behind when he disappeared.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/20/12 11:14 PM

Subtitles for Big Ange? They did this all the time on Growing Up Gotti. It's done to embarrass Italian-Americans.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/21/12 12:12 AM

Big Ange just ain't a disgrace to Italians, but a weird lady.

On what happened to Marco, who really knows, the mob sure ain't gonna tell.
Posted By: EVL

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/21/12 02:31 AM

I hate to promote my website but it is free -- and I found some info on Ramona - not sure if it is true, but I believe it is. The hard part is proving this - I have a retired NYPD detective I am going to call -- anyone who can provide input please do. But my site IS free, so I think it'd be easier to include links to the Ramona stories rather than paste them here. In a nutshell, I believe the boyfriend is Joseph Sclafani of the Gambinos, who was arrested last summer on S.I. for drug charges in what was a major bust. I also believe her dad is indeed a Gambino capo, Johnny Rizzo.

Links:

http://cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.com/2012/02/allabouttrh-exclusive-mob-wives-ramona.html

http://cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.com/2012/02/allabouttrh-part-ii-more-on-ramona.html

In the links, I also include a link to the Sclafani bust...

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/21/12 02:52 AM

Awesome info and blog, EVL.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/21/12 05:22 AM

Thanks EVL.
Posted By: EVL

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/24/12 02:56 AM

thanks guys!

BTW -- New Luchese boss - not acting, not street, but THE BOSS - Stevie Crea takes over as Vittoria Amuso finally steps down.... story coming soon, but Capeci did a write-up for this week's Gangland PPV column...

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 02:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtACx-iLpTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4kNDH7_t4o&feature=relmfu
Posted By: carmela

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 02:58 AM

Still never watched the show, but I LOVE this woman!

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Seems she's become the most popular one on the show.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Seems she's become the most popular one on the show.

I can see why.

And from the vids you and some others put up, it seems to me I can relate the best to that Drita. I think she's pretty awesome too. Of course I think I'M pretty awesome. lol Maybe she's different on the show than some vid snippets, though, I don't know.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 03:52 AM

I can see why.

And from the vids you and some others put up, it seems to me I can relate the best to that Drita. I think she's pretty awesome too. Of course I think I'M pretty awesome. lol Maybe she's different on the show than some vid snippets, though, I don't know.

No, you're right. Big Ange and Drita are the most popular. They seem to be the most real, with less drama than the rest. Renee's popularity has grown too. Karen and Ramona seem to be the ones most don't like. Carla is just still there not saying a lot.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 03:59 AM

Couples therapy - mob style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdqZvlBX82k

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 04:09 AM

Thanks Wiseguy. This is probably the reason I've not gone out of my way to see this show. I can't take this kind of crying and drama stuff. Not that I blame her for what she was just saying, but I just can't deal too much with this type of stuff.

How funny was the look on the therapist's face though. haha

And from what I understand, her husband is going back away? Typical behavior to try and salvage a marriage/relationship when a guy is going in, or back in. They all do it for the mental stability.

edit: IvyLeague not Wiseguy. Sorry. You'll always be Wiseguy to me. wink

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 04:49 AM

Big Ang should have Little Louie with her at all times.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/27/12 05:29 PM

Who's Little Louie?

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/28/12 12:16 AM

Who's Little Louie?

wink

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/732616/little-louie.jhtml#id=1678853

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/28/12 01:52 AM

Who's Little Louie?

wink

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/732616/little-louie.jhtml#id=1678853

After I asked this question I was going to google it and I forgot and never did.
lol Her dog? I admit that wasn't one of my guesses. haha She's hysterical, though. Thanks wiseguy for answering.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/29/12 12:17 AM

Who's Little Louie?

Yup. The doggie. Hope he didn't get whacked for peeing on the carpet at home.

I was in Ridgewood today for my "Italian Tour". Went to 205 Knickerbocker. The storefront is still empty and it's surrounded by businesses like Kennedy Fried Chicken and Sonidero Mexican Records. I've heard so much about gentrification coming to that neighborhood, but it's more hype than reality.

Then I drove by Casa Blanca on Eliot Avenue. After all these years, it's still empty. Why won't anyone rent the space that was once home to Massino's restaurant?

btw- The original Giannini Caffe was located where Massino ended up opening Casa Blanca on Eliot.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 02/29/12 11:52 PM

^^^ lol Sounds good. Personally I don't care if I ever step foot in Ridgewood again.
I grew up on Grove St., btw.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/01/12 06:56 AM

Carmela,

Grove St? Grove and Forest was the scene of a shooting at Licata's Caffe in 1982. There was a Licata who was the boss of Knickerbocker until he was killed and Salvatore Catalano took over. I always wondered if the shootings were related?

I'm sure we have met. I lived on Himrod and Grandview.

I miss Ridgewood. I find that unless you're a millionaire, and can live in an exclusive area, you're going to be in a middle class area surrounded by white trash and minorities. That's what Florida is like. It's all rednecks and roughnecks. Pickup trucks with confederate flags and Mexicans with rosary beads. Unreal. Ridgewood ain't so bad.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/01/12 03:01 PM

Carmela,

Grove St? Grove and Forest was the scene of a shooting at Licata's Caffe in 1982. There was a Licata who was the boss of Knickerbocker until he was killed and Salvatore Catalano took over. I always wondered if the shootings were related?

I'm sure we have met. I lived on Himrod and Grandview.

I miss Ridgewood. I find that unless you're a millionaire, and can live in an exclusive area, you're going to be in a middle class area surrounded by white trash and minorities. That's what Florida is like. It's all rednecks and roughnecks. Pickup trucks with confederate flags and Mexicans with rosary beads. Unreal. Ridgewood ain't so bad.

I know exactly where Himrod and Grandview is. And maybe we met, who knows. Where the hell were ya when I was 10 years old and getting my ass kicked every other day? grin wink

Well, FL... no way, no how. Not for me. I'd take Ridgewood over FL, no questions about that one. lol

And yes, I remember that shooting. I was on Grove St, between Onderdonk and Woodward.

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/04/12 12:50 AM

Chicago mob: From hit men to ‘Wives’ in hit TV shows
Mark Brown
March 3, 2012

During his long career as a mob enforcer, Frank “The German” Schweihs gained a reputation as a fearsome hit man relied upon by the Chicago Outfit to eliminate its enemies, including potential government witnesses who might talk out of school.

Schweihs, who was said to be so psycho scary that even other tough guy mobsters went out of their way to avoid him, died of cancer in 2008 while waiting to go on trial in the landmark Operation Family Secrets case.

Later this week, sources tell me, the television network VH-1 is planning to announce Schweihs’ daughter Nora will be one of the stars of the new Chicago spinoff of its hit reality series, “Mob Wives.”

Is there still any doubt in your mind that The Outfit isn’t what it used to be?

“Mob Wives,” which bills itself as a docu-soap, has never purported to spill any mob secrets during its now two season run following the exploits of a group of Staten Island women with familial ties to New York organized crime figures. “Mob Wives: Chicago” isn’t expected to be any different.

Instead, the program explores the lives of the women with the goal of showing how their mob surroundings have affected them personally—as mothers, daughters and wives. For anybody who has seen the prolific catfighting among the New York cast, the affect would appear to be pretty straightforward: it’s made them crazy.

Nora Schweihs, 48, is said to be a piece of work herself. I’ve only managed to get her on the phone a couple of times — both occasions resulting in her angrily yelling at me that she didn’t know what I was talking about and to never call again. Still, I can respect that. That’s how a real mobster’s family member is supposed to react when a newspaper reporter calls, not schedule a press conference.

The German’s daughter certainly has the bona fides for the show. Her ex-husband, Michael Talarico, was a mob bookmaker and nephew of mob boss Angelo “The Hook” LaPietra. In fact, when Talarico testified for the prosecution against Frank Calabrese Sr. in the Family Secrets trial, he told the jury he was still working as a bookie.

There’s a rather unflattering mugshot of Nora Schweihs on the Internet arising from a 2004 DUI arrest in Florida, where she and her father both used to live. She was also charged in the incident with resisting arrest and felony possession of cocaine. She was convicted on the DUI, but the other charges were dropped.

Joining Schweihs on the show will be her good friend, Renee Fowler Russo, the niece of mob loan shark and killer John Fecarotta, whose own 1986 assassination provided the break that set the Family Secrets dominoes in motion. Nicholas Calabrese, the hit man whose cooperation with authorities was at the heart of the Family Secrets case, is said to have flipped in large part because he left a bloody glove behind when he killed Fecarotta, which years later provided a DNA match.

What qualifies Russo for the show, we’re told , is that she and her mother Barbara, Fecarotta’s sister, lived with “Big John” while she was growing up. Russo, 44, now operates an eye care business in Ukrainian Village and has numerous other past entanglements that could add to the drama.

The other two women in the four-member cast are Pia Rizza, 40, daughter of Vincent Rizza, a dirty Chicago cop who doubled as a bookmaker and juice collector before he turned government witness, and Christine Scoleri, 41, daughter of a small-time Cicero-area hood described to me as a “knockaround guy.”

Rizza’s father was sentenced to 15 years in prison in 1982 for drug dealing and ended up in the federal witness protection program. Perhaps most notably, he testified against Harry “The Hit” Aleman, maybe the only Chicago mob guy of his generation more feared than Schweihs.

Scoleri’s father shows up so infrequently in our news clippings that I’m not quite comfortable mentioning him by name with the rest of this crowd. Scoleri, by the way, is her married name.

I’m told there are another one or two Chicago mob women, as yet unrevealed, who aren’t part of the regular cast but might make cameo appearances during the season with an eye toward a bigger role in the future — if our mob women prove as popular as New York’s.

Might there be a “your daddy killed my daddy” story line sometime in the future?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/11010...t-tv-shows.html

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/06/12 06:00 AM

Drita on how to avoid the drama when marrying into an Italian family...

"It's very simple. You keep your mouth shut, no matter what your opinion is. Take it back old school. And remember this. This is for every woman, when you go in a man's home, his mother is right, right, and more right. Her food is phenomenal."

lol

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/08/12 05:53 AM

Ramona Rizzo is having a birthday party at a Long Island night club on Thursday.

Do you guys think the FBI will be taking pictures?

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/28/12 01:30 AM

Renee breaks it down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-SwkCtZqTk&feature=related

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/28/12 04:29 AM

Thanks Ivy.

Her breakdown on Sunday was amazing. I think some of this is staged for ratings.
Posted By: sickstylemob12

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/28/12 06:09 AM

dude keeps saying yes and yeah every comment lol

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/28/12 09:12 PM

Thanks Ivy.

Her breakdown on Sunday was amazing. I think some of this is staged for ratings.

Some people have said that but these women aren't actresses. I'm not sure how well they could follow a script. And you can't script a punch to the face. As I've said before, I'd call it "controlled chaos."

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/30/12 06:42 PM

I was too focused on her boobs jiggling around the entire time to pay attention to what she was saying.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/30/12 07:00 PM

Looks like a box of "Wonder Bras" needs to fall off a truck in Jersey very soon!

Re: Did Lefty Ruggiero Whack Ramona Rizzo's Father? - 03/31/12 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Looks like a box of "Wonder Bras" needs to fall off a truck in Jersey very soon!
good one!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET