Home

Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape

Posted By: MayfieldRoadMob

Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 04:45 AM

I was reading about The Godfather the other day and apparently Marlon Brando patterned some of his speech patterns from Frank Costello during the Kefauver hearings. I checked out some youtube video of Frank and I was suprised by the way he sounded. He had a very interesting voice (raspy and almost high pitched at times). It made me think:

does anyone have any audio or tape of some old time prohibition gangsters like Torrio, Luciano, Anastasia, Lepke, Shapiro, Capone etc.?

I figure its a longshot and I've never heard much audio regarding gangsters from that era but I'm interested to hear any thats out there, particularly obscure stuff. A lot of you guys have great source material (e.g. Strax's photograph post) from what I've seen so I figure its worth a shot.

Thanks.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 05:17 AM

neither have i. but costello was that way from throat surgery...inspired Brando to talk like that for the Godfather

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 05:31 AM

Thanks for that info. I wasnt aware of the throat surgery.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 08:30 AM

The closest you will get to Anastasia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hORU40ENCA
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 10:01 AM

It's true, and Frank Costello is probably the main model for the Vito Corleone character as played by Brando.
Posted By: ht2

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 10:39 AM

I wasn't aware of Costello's throat problems either.

Here is a poorly edited clip of Jake Guzik, a member of Al Capone's inner circle. He is not very forthcoming in his answers, lol.

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675041136_Jacob-Guzik_Kefauver-hearing_witness_microphones

Here is another clip of Longy Zwillman. Supposedly at one point he controlled 40% of bootleg alcohol in the US. Some historians claim he organized the first big AC conference in the late 20's.

http://www.efootage.com/stock-footage/43939/Abner_Longy_Zwillman-_Kefauver_Hearings/

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 02:41 PM

hahah good stuff.

"Is your favorite color blue?"

"I refuse to answer"

"Hi How are you?"

"I refuse to answer"

lol

Re: Prohibition Crime Figures on Tape - 01/24/12 02:48 PM

The Anastasia clip is interesting. Too bad theres no sound of him talking. The Zwillman clip doesnt work I think. I tried elsewhere on that website and it looks like the zwillman clips have been removed or whacked.

Thanks tho..you forgot an important fact tho:

""Supposedly at one point he controlled 40% of bootleg alcohol in the US. Some historians claim he organized the first big AC conference in the late 20's. HE ALSO SCHTUPPED JEAN HARLOW AND CARRIED SOME OF HER PUBIC HAIR IN HIS POCKET AS A SOUVENIR FOR THE BOYS" wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET