Home

Bath avenue crew

Posted By: tiger84

Bath avenue crew - 01/24/12 02:27 AM

Ive been reading up on the Bath avenue crew and these guys really deserve a movie to be made about them.They were a Bonano farm team

Chris paciello-Leaves NY goes to miami becomes king of nightclub then becomes a snitch

Joe Calco-Main hitman for bac then becomes a snitch and then fucks it all up by beating someone over a calzone.This guy also killed a 19yr old who had nothing to do with lcn

Paul Gulino-The group's leader was Paul Gulino, a Tommy Karate protege desperate to become a made man. When that didn't happen fast enough, Gulino announced plans to kill Anthony Spero.

Thomas Reynolds-Non italian was only 2 of 8 that didnt snitch.He is doing life 9If i was him i would of snitched all his friends betrayed eachother.So he is basicly doing life for Anthony spero, aguy he probably never met

the bonnanos have alot of farm teams giannini crew,Bath avenu new springfield boys.What feeder teams do the Genovese and gambionos have
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/24/12 03:01 AM

yeah that bath ave crew made tons of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ive read some old stuff on spero and that crew he was pulling in millions easily every yr
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 07:12 PM

I've read that spero put on a fireworks show every year that put gottis to shame.spero was def big time.
Posted By: gamms

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 07:59 PM

there are still a lot of 'gangs' but i wouldnt really call these guys a 'farm team' just a bunch of guys on the record with tony through tommy and they answered to p.g.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 08:20 PM

I've always wondered where these families recruit from. Especially for the genovese family leaders who are so old they saw the first Christmas lol
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: gamms
there are still a lot of 'gangs' but i wouldnt really call these guys a 'farm team' just a bunch of guys on the record with tony through tommy and they answered to p.g.

Who is/was p.g.?
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Who is/was p.g.?

Think he meant T.G. Fat Tom Geoli! I think! Not sure, that is Gamms area! Medigan(joking Gamms) Italians live in that neighborhood

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:03 PM

hairy,paul gulino. same guy as above.a lot of made guys will have a guy like paul,a 'mouth peice'.so to speak.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:09 PM

hairy,paul gulino. same guy as above.a lot of made guys will have a guy like paul,a 'mouth peice'.so to speak.

What was that kids name? He always had food all over his shirt. They had a Pigeon night at the old Friendly Boys Club, i thought the kid was going tomeatnthe Pigeon feed next.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:15 PM

'brass'! dont ask me why!lol.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:21 PM

Moran? Or Morin? Some Mick type last name. Dirty glasses! Just a slob

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:27 PM

you mean danny?i was talking about paulie. cant be too sure bath avenue is about twenty blocks away from where i m from.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:33 PM

you mean danny?i was talking about paulie. cant be too sure bath avenue is about twenty blocks away from where i m from.

Not sure of first name, just remeber it was Galione's right hand man. Galione's father took a few to the head if i remeber correctly?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:36 PM

if im thinking of the right guy yeah i think your right. of all those kids,tommy reynolds was the toughest!real street fighter,good with his hands.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Are you talking about ronald "messy marv" moran? Chubby sloppy kid with glasses?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/02/13 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo

Are you talking about ronald "messy marv" moran? Chubby sloppy kid with glasses?

Thats him, chubby is being nice, kid was a fat slob, dirty glasses! Food all over his shirt
Posted By: cheech

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 12:10 AM

mob over miami writes about all of them...real sloppy new generation shit

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 12:11 AM

also dritas ex Lee was a new springfield boy and was around all these guys as well
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: cheech
also dritas ex Lee was a new springfield boy and was around all these guys as well

he gets out soon
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 12:52 AM

Ive heard of Lee,but who all was a part of the New Springfield Boys? What about the Port Richmond Crew? Those were a bunch of Lucchese guys in that not to long ago.
Posted By: SiciNy

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 01:10 AM

isnt new springville crew usually recruited by bonnanos and colombos? port richmond i dunno....
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Ive heard of Lee,but who all was a part of the New Springfield Boys?

Besides D'Avanzo and Paciello, there was also Gerard Bellafiore, Danny Costanza, Francis Costanzo, Robert Catanese, Neat Bilali, William Fauci, Edward Shamah, Randy Gordon, and Joe Gambino. Most of these guys were involved in the 2001 bust.

The guys that were busted with D'Avanzo in 2008 included Joseph Cotarelo, Mislim Ruci, and Bekim Fiseku.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 02:06 AM

Thats him, chubby is being nice, kid was a fat slob, dirty glasses! Food all over his shirt

he was the guy who blinded greg scarpa
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 02:07 AM

Thanks Ivyleague. I thought Paciello was a Bath Beach guy? Was he in both or what?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Bath avenue crew - 01/03/13 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Thanks Ivyleague. I thought Paciello was a Bath Beach guy? Was he in both or what?

He was affiliated with both at one time or another.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/20/13 10:22 PM

Joey calco got picked up in my neighborhood about 4 or 5 years ago. He ran a pizza joint called goombas pizzeria. I never ate there before but I knew of it. He was in palm coast where I am now. He got in trouble for beating some guy up in his shop. Pistol whipped him and everything. His cover was blown. There's a videotape of it. I think a day or two after the incident some guys with Jersey license plates came to goombas looking for him. His witness protection name was joey Milano.
Posted By: DA13

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/20/13 11:35 PM

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/11/former-mafia-hitman-turned-rat-joey.html?m=1
Posted By: JoeP

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/21/13 02:07 PM

This guys were pushing crack all over south brooklyn, they acted like moolie drug dealers.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/21/13 02:22 PM

were these the guys that were running the crack ring in bensonhurst during the mid 90s.
Posted By: Tommydesimone44

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 02:44 AM

National geographic channel is airing a special next Sunday at 9 about tommy Reynolds/Paulie gulino and the bath ave crew.. They were truly psychotic and there should def be a movie about them.. Check it out cause its def one of the first documentaries just about them

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 05:35 AM

Im glad natgeo is doing this im sick of Donnie brasco and john gotti this will be awesome finally that crazy young 90s generation

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 12:30 PM

Yes..Jimmy "Froggy" Galione crew. They were moving alot of crack & some powder coke. Lot of kids working beepers and working with schedules for who worked where.
Posted By: southend

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: tiger84
Im glad natgeo is doing this im sick of Donnie brasco and john gotti this will be awesome finally that crazy young 90s generation

Agreed. Finally a fresh story and not the same old Gotti/Castellano hit all the same shit they keep retelling
Posted By: Tommydesimone44

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 06:49 PM

I'm with you on being sick of all the gotti/donnie brasco stuff but I'm really disappointed that they had zero on the demeo crew.. That story needs to b told and will never get old!!! That crew made John gotti look like an altar boy!!
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

he gets out soon

Lee D'Avanzo has been out for a while. On one of the most recent "Mob Wives" he was in a halfway house and as I recall working for a funeral home

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/22/13 10:28 PM

I've watched two of those new mob docs on nat geo, would have liked them to have got into the gal ante / gambino war during that time also there was alot of drug related killings could have delved a bit more into things also is it just me or does anyone else think selwyn raab sounds a little over dramatic in the way he speaks.
Posted By: southend

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/23/13 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
I've watched two of those new mob docs on nat geo, would have liked them to have got into the gal ante / gambino war during that time also there was alot of drug related killings could have delved a bit more into things also is it just me or does anyone else think selwyn raab sounds a little over dramatic in the way he speaks.

I agree he emphasizes unnecessary things

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/23/13 03:31 PM

its like hes still amazed by everything. Im looking forward to the bath ave episode not really been covered before. Im also not a big fan of the reenactments they use in these shows always seem kind of douchey.
Posted By: ChrissyScars

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/26/13 04:54 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone. But I have not seen the special yet from last night's Inside The American Mob on the Bath Ave Crew. What did everyone think? And are there any pictures floating around of these guys together?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/26/13 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrissyScars
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone. But I have not seen the special yet from last night's Inside The American Mob on the Bath Ave Crew. What did everyone think? And are there any pictures floating around of these guys together?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=puPqovGu-OM
Posted By: johnnyboysala

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/26/13 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommydesimone44
I'm really disappointed that they had zero on the demeo crew.. That story needs to b told and will never get old!!! That crew made John gotti look like an altar boy!!

Here's something on demeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwXDxusN-sQ

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/27/13 01:22 AM

It was good but they also should of said what happened to the rest of the bac they should of mentioned the calco pizza incident
Posted By: funkster

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/28/13 05:29 PM

I thought it was the best episode in the new NatGeo series yet.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/28/13 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

he gets out soon

Lee D'Avanzo has been out for a while. On one of the most recent "Mob Wives" he was in a halfway house and as I recall working for a funeral home

The BOP site says Lee D'Avanzo is released which means he's not at a halfway house any longer. He's probably on probation with restrictions though, but i'm not positive on that. But he is back on the street again, i guess possibly with his wife Drita.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/30/13 08:12 AM

That joey calco is the biggest piece of shit he killed his friends than ratted on them.And when callandra called reynelds he started crying he must of regretted it.And none of them became made guys so it was all for nothing
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/30/13 12:49 PM

Fabrizio got made
Too bad he's doing a 30 year bit
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Bath avenue crew - 09/01/13 12:35 PM

Agree with some of the above posters, while Gotti and Brasco are interesting, would like to see more about DeMeo and crew
Posted By: Mark

Re: Bath avenue crew - 09/01/13 01:38 PM

I've seen all of the NatGeo specials on the mob and also agree that the Brasco/Gotti stuff has been way over played. It's time to give that a rest and move on. I found that some of the new stuff that Michael Franzese shared was pretty good. I like the story he told about Fat Tony Salerno. Salerno wanted Franzese to set up a gas station for him to get in on the multi-million dollar gas scam. Franzese told Fat Tony no problem - give him 3 guys and Franzese will pay them each $1,500 a week to run the station for him. Salerno told Franzese that he will pay those guys $500 each and give the remaining $1,000 each directly to Fat Tony. Franzese grinned and said something to the effect of that's how it was dealing with Fat Tony. Back on subject... I did enjoy the segment on The Bath Avenue Crew. I never heard or saw these guys featured this much in depth. Lots of lessons to be learned from those guy's experiences.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Bath avenue crew - 09/01/13 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
I've seen all of the NatGeo specials on the mob and also agree that the Brasco/Gotti stuff has been way over played. It's time to give that a rest and move on. I found that some of the new stuff that Michael Franzese shared was pretty good. I like the story he told about Fat Tony Salerno. Salerno wanted Franzese to set up a gas station for him to get in on the multi-million dollar gas scam. Franzese told Fat Tony no problem - give him 3 guys and Franzese will pay them each $1,500 a week to run the station for him. Salerno told Franzese that he will pay those guys $500 each and give the remaining $1,000 each directly to Fat Tony. Franzese grinned and said something to the effect of that's how it was dealing with Fat Tony. Back on subject... I did enjoy the segment on The Bath Avenue Crew. I never heard or saw these guys featured this much in depth. Lots of lessons to be learned from those guy's experiences.

I agree. The gotti/brasco stuff has been told to death. I thought the bath avenue crew/massino reign in the 90's was very fresh. Most people forget that the mob was still very active in the 90's.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Bath avenue crew - 09/01/13 07:40 PM

I saw that series as well and I agree a lot of the stuff has been played out. I notice Paciello didn't want any limelight he was contacted for that show but declined.
Posted By: Marbala

Re: Bath avenue crew - 02/04/14 06:48 AM

Do you personally know this guy you speak so negative about? Seems to me you must know him and hung around him to have such knowledge of his appearance and habits.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Bath avenue crew - 02/04/14 02:18 PM

I think it's funny cause Paciello ratted and is living the high life down there in Miami. Right out in the open and not a damn person did anything about it. But then again this isn't the old mob it's the new.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/03/14 02:46 AM

Eastharlemital didn't your mother ever teach you manners? Don't you know you should choose your words before speaking on something or someone you clearly know nothing about? It's clear to me that you are some desk jockey who plays tuff guy on the weekends! Watch your mouth boo boo. Acting like you meet or know people from bath ave, get the fuck outta here ya retard! Stop reading old news paper clippings your making a fool of yourself.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/03/14 11:58 AM

Did these guys hang out at the 19 hole?
Posted By: Yankees1951

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/03/14 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
Did these guys hang out at the 19 hole?

They were a bunch of JV or better yet IV drug addicts with half ass connections that thought they tough because they'd carry a illegal guns everywhere in NY despite the tough laws. Then the cowards all choked up one way or another

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/03/14 12:48 PM

That was not the question. The question was did the hang out at the 19 hole?

When I first moved to Brooklyn a friend came to Brooklyn to visit me. I had just met some one who lived in Brooklyn. We were near the 19 hole and went in for a drink. A lot of girls in the place one of them went over to my new Brooklyn friend. Then 2 others approached us. I could see right away they were trying to get their boy friends jealous.

Three guys started to threathen us. I just moved here, and did not want any problems here. So we Leave and my friend from home goes to his car, and pulls out a shot gun. He wants to kill them all.

I told him fuck that lets go some where else.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/03/14 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Marbala

Do you personally know this guy you speak so negative about? Seems to me you must know him and hung around him to have such knowledge of his appearance and habits.

If you knew the story you'd know that during a robbery they killed an innocent lady because one of them shit their pants. Seemed sloppy to me.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/03/14 09:13 PM

If you knew the story you'd know that during a robbery they killed an innocent lady because one of them shit their pants. Seemed sloppy to me.

lol lol clap clap

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/04/14 02:12 AM

I'm not throwing bouquets at anyone but you speak of people as if you knew them. Guys are reading shit from papers or 502's, DD5's and making as if they seen these guys on the street. The whole Judith Shemtov incident was a circus act. There was no organization there it was 2 junkies trying to score money to get high. This seems to be a popular site speaking on OC stuff 1st rule is don't write checks you can't cash. And don't talk about people or matters that you know nothing about. PS my post was directed to eastharlemital because I know the guy he is referring to he clearly never met and should refer to rule 1& 2

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/04/14 02:21 AM

That was not the question. The question was did the hang out at the 19 hole?

When I first moved to Brooklyn a friend came to Brooklyn to visit me. I had just met some one who lived in Brooklyn. We were near the 19 hole and went in for a drink. A lot of girls in the place one of them went over to my new Brooklyn friend. Then 2 others approached us. I could see right away they were trying to get their boy friends jealous.

Three guys started to threathen us. I just moved here, and did not want any problems here. So we Leave and my friend from home goes to his car, and pulls out a shot gun. He wants to kill them all.

I told him fuck that lets go some where else.

The 19th hole was closed in the 80's and in it's hey day most guys there were no nonsense type of fellas, gas pipe stronghold. Most of the BAC were running shit in the 90's and at that time on that corner was mostly 13th ave guys hanging out in the wok. I'm thinking that you and your friends were extremely lucky you decided to move on. And I'm pretty sure no one seen your friend pull out a shotgun because I'm sure thing would have turned out a lot different. Imo

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/04/14 11:33 AM

I'm not throwing bouquets at anyone but you speak of people as if you knew them. Guys are reading shit from papers or 502's, DD5's and making as if they seen these guys on the street. The whole Judith Shemtov incident was a circus act. There was no organization there it was 2 junkies trying to score money to get high. This seems to be a popular site speaking on OC stuff 1st rule is don't write checks you can't cash. And don't talk about people or matters that you know nothing about. PS my post was directed to eastharlemital because I know the guy he is referring to he clearly never met and should refer to rule 1& 2

Cool story. Hmmm. Where do I start

You must have been talking to me since you quoted my post.
Eastharlemit hasn't posted in a year or so
I never criticized any individual whatsoever. I made a generalization about a new group of wiseguys. No one in particular. Find one post of mine in this thread where I've written what you are accusing me of. Just one!

So take that garbage to St. Elsewhere
Cause guess what. I'm not from Nowheresville, In or Australia so that tough talk won't work with me. Good try tho. A for effort.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/04/14 02:08 PM

Maybe you were so eager to talk that you missed the part where I specifically addressed (eastharlemital). It's ok that's expected its the first sign your ruffling someone's feathers, you know when they start getting all figgity and ramble on about shit that has nothing to do with them. In all honesty I don't wanna go back and forth with you I just don't like people making shit up. If you wanna chat in a forum such as this and speak about things that's fine but don't be like certain people (eastharlemital) and act as if you knew these people or met these people in the street.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/04/14 03:05 PM

Feathers are definitely ruffled. You're right. I just got done playing blocks with my son. Couldn't even concentrate. Knocked the castle down after we built it.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/04/14 03:09 PM

U don't like ppl making stuff up. Cool, me either. Where did I make anything up?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/05/14 02:56 AM

Again I don't wanna beat dead horse. Your are refer to a question I ask a few months ago about a comment or post you made. That was asked and answered. As I told you multiple xxx my comments about people lying and making shit up are and were meant to be directed to EastHarlemItal if you choose to keep taking this personally towards yourself I don't know what to tell you it was directed to EASTHARLEMITAL!!!!!! I don't mean to be an ass but it is kinda funny that you knocked the blocks over :-) hope this clears it up cheech
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/05/14 03:45 AM

@Marbala: Passing no judgement here mate, Ive only skimmed yours and Cheech's discourse lightly but as you're a new poster just a heads that Cheech is a considered a knowledgeable and very level headed poster on the boards and most posters, myself included treat his words with respect.

Again, not passing judgement. But Cheech does generally know what he's on about.

And welcome to the boards mate.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/05/14 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
@Marbala: Passing no judgement here mate, Ive only skimmed yours and Cheech's discourse lightly but as you're a new poster just a heads that Cheech is a considered a knowledgeable and very level headed poster on the boards and most posters, myself included treat his words with respect.

Again, not passing judgement. But Cheech does generally know what he's on about.

And welcome to the boards mate.

Seconded. And thirded, for that matter.

Cheech is a total gentleman. He might not be from New York City, but he ain't from Wisconsin, either wink.

As far as EastHarlemItal, the kid is ancient history. Everyone should just let it go smile .

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/05/14 07:31 PM

Seriously all this over messy moran???How the fuck did this guy get even get brought into the conversation he was with gallione andd derosa.

I got to give it to the early 90s genaration though i dont think a new generation will ever be as crazy as these guys.The giannini crew with vito guzzo as there leader.You had the bac causing all this mayhem then the tanglewood boys John pappa starts whacking his friends and derosa and marvin getting in a shootout with greg scarpa then paciello becomes the king of miami
Posted By: Longshoreman

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/05/14 07:38 PM

From what I've read this Marbela was upset because someone called his friend "a slob", however with the name Messy Moran it's a no brainer. And I've seen the Nat Geo Documentry. The kid did look like a slob with messy glasses. Either way that sets you off?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/05/14 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Longshoreman
From what I've read this Marbela was upset because someone called his friend "a slob", however with the name Messy Moran it's a no brainer. And I've seen the Nat Geo Documentry. The kid did look like a slob with messy glasses. Either way that sets you off?

Exactly. And that's just where EastHarlemItal got it from. It's best to just laugh it off.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 01:28 AM

My dear friends, critics whatever you are I'm just speaking on fact read between the lines hear. As for the name "Messy" it has nothing to do with hygiene or dress code the name messy Marvin started from a childhood commercial because the kid had glasses and blonde hair that's it. The name marbala started as a joke mikes mother spoke very broken English and couldnt pronounce Marvin, every time she said Marvin it sounded like marbala. Only after the arrest came down in oct 96 did these comical names come about. Nobody called mike flattop or messy Marvin or Jimmy frogs they would have been killed or beaten viciously. And I understand you only know of what you read and don't actually know any of these guys. However understand that your speaking of guys on here that if the arrest in the 90's didn't take place many of these guys would have been captains and better and none of these fake guys today that are being idolized would be where they are, guys like boobsie would still be running errands and washing cars. So excuse me if I take offense to people talking shit that if I were face to face with them they'd be staining their draws. Now please let's put this behind us and move on I really don't mean to ruffle any feathers I'm nearly trying to clear some things up. I know a lot of the names on here have been around awhile posting and I respect that and mean no disrespect I lived a large part of my live around that. Just go easy on that messy shit ;-)

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 02:30 AM

Wasn't the tangelwood boys started by Santorelli his nick name was Butchie as a kid a east Harlem boy no? If he is still around he would be 68 now give or take.

If he s the same guy he almost killed my brother while we were still in Harlem. His gun jammed. My brother turns around he sees it my brother and not the guy he wanted to clip. Oops mistakes happen.

When he was in his forties he visited me at my house with his daughter. I had a daughter around the same age. They were watching tv on Easter Sunday. In those days there was a show from a south American country showing the crucifiction of Christ. They actually did the stations of the cross for real with a volunteer. It was a big honor to be picked for it. Some of these volunteers did not survive the ordeal.

So we both start to watch it. Then he see's the guy playing Christ getting nailed to the cross. Under his breath one of the girls hear him say "I wish that was me"

She says you want to be nailed to a cross? He answered no I want to be the guy nailing him to the cross. smile

True story as I remember it.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 03:19 AM

Can't speak much on Harlem or the Bronx mostly bklyn SI and little bit of queens. Seems like your was a lucky man thank god it wasn't a revolver.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 04:40 AM

marbala you wrong about these guys being captains these guys eventually would of been caught and the same result would of happend they would of snitched
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 08:42 AM

Cool episode on these guys , is inside the mob coming back for season 2? I came across it last year accident on primewire

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 08:46 AM

I never really thought I was a lucky person. I just like to think a head and besides that a complete paranoid. So if I thought something might happen. Then it was going to happen so better to deal with it before the pressure arrives. I played American football with the Hun 8 street guys. My like to hurt people side of my personality loved that game. They knew I could play so everyone wanted me on their teams Butchie Santorelli played with them.

Including the Hun 16 street guys coached by Johnny Delightfuls brother Ponzo the team played out of the Bronx in the BUA league team name was the black knights. The Bronx led me to going to HS there.

I made friends ? Every where I went. My godfather lived their own garages and made porn there. I was a cousin of his wife. Funny he had a younger cousin also from Harlem Peter.

Watch the movie GoodfeLlas he had a walk on in that movie he played Pete the killer. He was an insurance man in real life

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 09:02 AM

I never really thought I was a lucky person. I just like to think a head and besides that a complete paranoid. So if I thought something might happen. Then it was going to happen so better to deal with it before the pressure arrives. I played American football with the Hun 8 street guys. My like to hurt people side of my personality loved that game. They knew I could play so everyone wanted me on their teams Butchie Santorelli played with them.

Including the Hun 16 street guys coached by Johnny Delightfuls brother Ponzo the team played out of the Bronx in the BUA league team name was the black knights. The Bronx led me to going to HS there.

I made friends ? Every where I went. My godfather lived their own garages and made porn there. I was a cousin of his wife. Funny he had a younger cousin also from Harlem Peter.

Watch the movie GoodfeLlas he had a walk on in that movie he played Pete the killer. He was an insurance man in real life

So Bath Ave Crew played football in Harlem with you? I'm confused they were into porn in the Bronx also? Did they just make the porn in the Bronx or on Bath Ave? Or just sell it? Was it incest type stuff since you mentioned all the inter marriage? I'm confused I guess, getting old.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 09:03 AM

Tiger many of these guys have done plenty of time before they snitched and others were born to snitch many guys in the street knew some guys would snitch when they got pinched but the fact is what many people on here don't understand is many of these so called tough guys on the street today are snitches who worked out deals and lucky enough for them never had to have there cover blown. 90% of the guys on the street are pussies 5% ain't ever getting out of jail and the rest know enough to pick and choose there targets. But back to the snitching there's more guys that snitched that I would trust with my life then the so called gangsters on the streets today. This is a topic we could dispute for years, some guys snitched because they never had any intentions on doing time and never cared about there friends. And some guys snitched because they realized that there's no difference anymore. What's worse shooting you best friend in the head while he gets you a drink and leaving him there for his parents to find, or snitching him out? What's worse, where's the line? That's what that lifestyle is about that's how you succeed. There's plenty of stand up guys on the street that know exactly where the guys who flipped are today and they do nothing, why is that because lambs don't hunt lions simple as that

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 09:12 AM

My only interactions in Harlem was a work release jail on 163rd & Amsterdam ave. I stay there in the 90's after doing a skid bid up north. Met some good guys there.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 09:25 AM

My only interactions in Harlem was a work release jail on 163rd & Amsterdam ave. I stay there in the 90's after doing a skid bid up north. Met some good guys there.

Not nit picking, however you come of as a "truth seeker", 163rd and Amsterdam isn't Harlem, it's Washington Heights. What did you go away for? Vigilante type stuff I presume!
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 12:26 PM

The name marbala started as a joke mikes mother spoke very broken English and couldnt pronounce Marvin, every time she said Marvin it sounded like marbala......Just go easy on that messy shit ;-)
Marbala are you really Ronald Moran??

This is the Real Messy Marvin:

Attached picture messy marv2.jpg

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 12:46 PM

Wasn't the tangelwood boys started by Santorelli his nick name was Butchie as a kid a east Harlem boy no? If he is still around he would be 68 now give or take.

No, he didn't "start" those kids up there. But his son was always around them, and when they were younger they were always running to Tony for help. And today his son is a wiseguy himself. Old school. Stand-up. A real gentleman. Unless you piss him off wink.

If he s the same guy he almost killed my brother while we were still in Harlem. His gun jammed. My brother turns around he sees it my brother and not the guy he wanted to clip. Oops mistakes happen.

We know. You told us the exact same story when you were here as Richie Animal.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post692548

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 12:52 PM

Not nit picking, however you come of as a "truth seeker", 163rd and Amsterdam isn't Harlem, it's Washington Heights. What did you go away for? Vigilante type stuff I presume!

True. But in all fairness to Marbala (and he's new here, so I don't even know him), a lot of people from the outer boroughs and the suburbs think the Heights are in Harlem. Especially around Saint Nick and that area. If you look around, the building structures are similar, the populace is similar, etc. If you take a wrong turn and you're not familiar with the area, it's a fairly easy mistake to make smile.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 12:56 PM

So Bath Ave Crew played football in Harlem with you? I'm confused they were into porn in the Bronx also? Did they just make the porn in the Bronx or on Bath Ave? Or just sell it? Was it incest type stuff since you mentioned all the inter marriage? I'm confused I guess, getting old."

You have it all wrong. Someone mention the tangelwood boys on the thread. Butchie started them. He was the Harlem guy I played football with the 108 street guys.

My Godfather Nunzi lived in the Bronx and had the porno opporation. Made porn for the Bronx and for Harlem, and probably other places that I don't know about. Only women my brother! Pete and I loved going to their house during the summer. They had a big corner house a lot different from the tenements we came from. He let us try out his girls

The only american football I played in Brooklyn was for a short time an adult team. My furniture movers played on it.

Played a lot of soccer in Brooklyn. Gjoa, Italian federation, and Brooklyn Italians

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

True. But in all fairness to Marbala (and he's new here, so I don't even know him), a lot of people from the outer boroughs and the suburbs think the Heights are in Harlem. Especially around Saint Nick and that area. If you look around, the building structures are similar, the populace is similar, etc. If you take a wrong turn and you're not familiar with the area, it's a fairly easy mistake to make smile.

I get how they can easily blend, however and I'm sure the same goes for you "in my day" we knew our turf boundaries. Cross that wrong street and kaput

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 02:40 PM

Just Marv would be fine

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 02:47 PM

Also the reason I say Harlem is because unless your from NY chances are people won't know what your talking about if you say wash hgts. And I went away for Criminal poss of a weapon. Actually got house arrest for the pistol but violated my probation. Judge in staten island gave me 1-1/3 to 4 up north. That's how I ended up at the work release facility

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 02:51 PM

Actually got house arrest for the pistol but violated my probation. Judge in staten island gave me 1-1/3 to 4 up north. That's how I ended up at the work release facility

You're very lucky. Today the pistol alone could easily get you 18 to 30 months. And if the original sentencing Judge is in a bad mood, the violation can end up being served on top of the gun charge. New York City is no place to get caught with an illegal handgun in 2014 wink .

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 02:59 PM

The city is a lot worse then the outta boroughs. And my lawyer used to laugh, he would say I should go out on his Bertram with him since I paid for the motors lol

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 03:02 PM

PS but lucky is something I never was I was either in jail or on probation or parole since I was 15. Every couple of years I'd get a quick break but that wouldn't last long.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 03:05 PM

PS but lucky is something I never was I was either in jail or on probation or parole since I was 15. Every couple of years I'd get a quick break but that wouldn't last long.

You should run for office, these days you'd fit right in.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 03:15 PM

That's the real mob right there. Me and politics don't mix

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 05:31 PM

I stopped carrying just to carry when I was a kid. Kids have a tendency to use what they carry. Had a few incidents like that as a kid. It was stupid, but I do carry a knife just in case.

Once I am going to watch my grand daughter when she was a baby. My car would not start so I took the bus. I did have it on me for some reason. I am walking and these two teenagers are walking their pitbull. I see it so I move to the side. They pass and I can see them laughing probably at me for giving them a lot of room. Then I start laughing because if I even thought I was in danger their would be a dead dog and two dead teens.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 05:40 PM

Pizza I think I knew that guy Richie animal as a kid. He was one of the few people I really actually liked. He told me a story he met some guy that we both knew. He did a lot of things including sell heroin. He tells richie take a walk with him. So they walked up the aves. Some black guys were their he was their heroin supplier.

He goes up to the group about 6 guys. He tells Richie watch this and he just starts to beat the shit out of one of them. The other guys in their group did nothing. Then richie figured it out they need his supply so he could have killed him and just walked away. That incident made a big impression on that guy Richie.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 05:51 PM

Every one is making a big deal out of the stop and frisk thing that the cops like to do in the black neighborhoods.

I am not black and as a kid cops were always doing to us. It was another reason not to carry.

Now are new mayor Deblasio did away with that. I bet you any amount of money the murder rate will go up here.

Deblasio I heard was an anarkist in some foreign country. His wife might not even be his wife. Some said she told someone she was a lesbian. Fucking people here voted for that goof ball.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:20 PM

I think it's time to up your meds, Foot.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:24 PM

The Heights have a lot of Dominicans. A lot of drugs get dealt there as well. My friends would go there often to get shit. Some gorgeous girls shhh
Posted By: SC

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:26 PM

I think it's time to up your meds, Foot.

Nah... I like hearing Twilight Zone music playing.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:27 PM

The Heights have a lot of Dominicans. A lot of drugs get dealt there as well. My friends would go there often to get shit. Some gorgeous girls shhh

Yeah, because that's all a secret grin grin.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:28 PM

Pizza I think I knew that guy Richie animal as a kid. He was one of the few people I really actually liked. He told me a story he met some guy that we both knew. He did a lot of things including sell heroin. He tells richie take a walk with him. So they walked up the aves. Some black guys were their he was their heroin supplier.

He goes up to the group about 6 guys. He tells Richie watch this and he just starts to beat the shit out of one of them. The other guys in their group did nothing. Then richie figured it out they need his supply so he could have killed him and just walked away. That incident made a big impression on that guy Richie.

Was Richie one of the porn stars?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:36 PM

On Dominicans and drugs. They thought if they can last for 5 yrs here dealing. They could go back to the Dominican republic and live like kings.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:51 PM

Touché.

Edit. I get it now. The shhh thing. Was supposed to be a wink hahahahahah
Thought u meant it was common knowledge which it is to ppl from the tristate

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 07:53 PM

No, he didn't "start" those kids up there. But his son was always around them, and when they were younger they were always running to Tony for help. And today his son is a wiseguy himself. Old school. Stand-up. A real gentleman. Unless you piss him off wink.

We know. You told us the exact same story when you were here as Richie Animal.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post692548

Nothing gets by PB

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 08:03 PM

Touché.

Edit. I get it now. The shhh thing. Was supposed to be a wink hahahahahah
Thought u meant it was common knowledge which it is to ppl from the tristate

Those smileys are a bitch, huh? lol

But all kidding aside, give the Dominicans credit for holding on to the ONLY ethnic neighborhood remaining in Manhattan.

And believe it or not, you'll find Dominican buildings as far south as 86th and Amsterdam. Not a lot of them, mind you. But they're there. Which is remarkable considering that the Upper West Side is just about the Yuppiest neighborhood you'll ever see today.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 08:15 PM

Hey pizza did Richie ever mention the story when he punched the front man of the Kinks in the face Ray Davies because he grabed his cousins Rosie's ass at the clay cole show? smile fun to be young

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 09:25 PM

Actually there is two things I remember about uptown 1 in Harlem I went to meet a friend of mine at a feast on 111th st he was running a stand I loved that kid he also became a victim of his best friends. The only time was we went to 140th wash hghts to meet up with some Dominicans when there was a draught in the neighborhood. Just once it was some real shady shit up there I thought we were gonna have to tornado up in that piece. 20 different dealers on every block and 2-3 cops a block idk how those fellas last up there all dominicans

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/06/14 09:36 PM

Actually there is two things I remember about uptown 1 in Harlem I went to meet a friend of mine at a feast on 111th st he was running a stand I loved that kid he also became a victim of his best friends. The only time was we went to 140th wash hghts to meet up with some Dominicans when there was a draught in the neighborhood. Just once it was some real shady shit up there I thought we were gonna have to tornado up in that piece. 20 different dealers on every block and 2-3 cops a block idk how those fellas last up there all dominicans

The 40,000 DR flags didn't give it away that thier all Dominicans? A Rod and Manny Ramirez both played little league on 193rd and Amsterdam.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/30/14 08:41 AM

I watched a documentary about these guys and honestly I didn't expect much from these young wannabe wiseguys but I was actually surprised!

Paul Gulino pushing Tony Spero in the heat of the argument and then getting whacked over it, by his two best friends, the only ones he'd let inside his house... the whole thing is still etched in my mind. Anthony Spero was one old-school mafioso that's for sure... probably lost his patience with these young thugs that want to get made in less than a year.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/30/14 09:35 AM

Paul Gulino was not thinking to good on that day that is for sure.
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/30/14 09:40 AM

Is the documentary still online? I can't find it.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Bath avenue crew - 07/30/14 01:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRNkcJ6rDXA

Here's a link, Frankie.
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/01/14 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino

Thank you.
Posted By: lingod

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/01/14 06:36 PM

http://www.cosanostranews.com/2014/07/bath-avenue-crew-rose-high-fell-hard.html

Fascinating read on these guys.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/02/14 06:10 PM

Most of the guys from the early 90's had very short careers. They were violent in order to make names for themselves; very few understood cosa nostra and most were just used by Spero. This also holds true for the Colombo's during that same time period.
Gulino pushed Spero in order to make a name for himself and also to show Spero how bad he wanted to get made. He did it for show,not really out of anger, but never expected Spero to have him killed.
These guys were mostly a drug ring that kicked up some money and had rather short careers. Most also ratted,
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/03/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Most of the guys from the early 90's had very short careers. They were violent in order to make names for themselves; very few understood cosa nostra and most were just used by Spero. This also holds true for the Colombo's during that same time period.
Gulino pushed Spero in order to make a name for himself and also to show Spero how bad he wanted to get made. He did it for show,not really out of anger, but never expected Spero to have him killed.
These guys were mostly a drug ring that kicked up some money and had rather short careers. Most also ratted,

They grew up idolizing John Gotti and tried to emulate him.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/05/14 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: lingod

The article mentions the "20th avenue boys" of the Colombo family. I have not yet heard of this crew. Anyone have any info on them?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/05/14 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Flushing
Originally Posted By: lingod

The article mentions the "20th avenue boys" of the Colombo family. I have not yet heard of this crew. Anyone have any info on them?

I think that crew was associated with wild bill joe competilo was in it

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/09/14 12:33 AM

You fellas clearly didn't know paulie. That whole pushing incident had nothing to do with bragging or for show. Stop trying to make sense of shit. You don't choose the day you get straightened out. Pauly was a tuff kid and all those kids were. A couple just had a bad drug habit. But don't try and take away from what they were or who they were. There was plenty of ole time bonnanos on the street when these kids were around and none of them did squat. Even other skippers from the neighborhood would talk to paulie without pulling rank. If not for tommy & Joey things would have been a lot different. I'm not idolizing them or trying to disrespect any posters just my thoughts

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/10/14 11:59 AM

Big Dino's crew, lil dino saracino. They had a club on 20th ave.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 08/10/14 10:35 PM

Don't remember a club they hung out on the corner. Maybe after I got pinched and they started getting straightened out they got a club

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/11/15 08:54 PM

Don't if this was asked before but...

Who where the rival 20th avenue crew members, says they grew up around these guys aswell ,
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/11/15 09:07 PM

the 20th ave guys were big dino calabro, lil dino saracino, little dinos brother sebby, joey caves, Richie greeves before they killed him

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/11/15 09:49 PM

the 20th ave guys were big dino calabro, lil dino saracino, little dinos brother sebby, joey caves, Richie greeves before they killed him

Thanks for that , smile

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/13/15 05:19 PM

Seems like the 20 th avenue crew ended up the the same way as these guys anyway,

Didn't know they were behind wild bill cutolos murder
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/13/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMega1888
Seems like the 20 th avenue crew ended up the the same way as these guys anyway,

Didn't know they were behind wild bill cutolos murder

You mean how most ended up being rats? lol
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/13/15 07:00 PM

yeah, big rats
Posted By: pmac

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/13/15 08:24 PM

I'm thinking 92 94 Anthony spero is acting boss for Massimo who is still in prison is he the most powerful mobster in Brooklyn during them years. After Sammy and lil al flipped the Bambinos and luchese are jailed or waiting Colombo's fighting. Westside there's that guy allie shades whose close with spero there some pics of the 2. No wonder the bath crew wanted to impress him so much. The westside bosses around then were still in the city and Bronx.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/13/15 08:42 PM

, lil dino saracino, little dinos brother sebby

That's a seriously fucked up family dynamic.
Seb roles on Dino. And even more amazingly, Dino doesn't flip.

The only comparable are Franzese and Ciangilini.
LCN can sure FUCK UP some families.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/13/15 10:15 PM

What was the beef between them two crews?

Was it personal or see who's the tougher crew Bonanno vs Colombo,

Jimmy calandra said he never went anywhere without a vest and at least 4 guns because of it

- and yeah I meant same end as bath avenue crew cause of the rats

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 01:23 AM

Probaly cocaine turf. Shakedown of dealers. I read in some book the Colombo's crew was nuts and the bath crew was nuts but smaller. Guess the other crew turned into tommy shots but the bath guys folded around 2000 then tommy shots guys folded 2008. Now you got to wonder how close was the bath ave guys to the acting boss spero he probaly kept his distance. This is after Sammy n am flipped . spero probaly didn't fart in there direction. The guy Pauly who pushed him must have been dumb why didn't he run or one of his friends with any understanding of the mob tell him go. Always wonder if Joe massino signed off on the death warrant.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 01:29 AM

just in the ocumentary it said they grew up along side them,

pauly scared a few wiseguys, which is why he probably thought he had a shot to get spero out of the way,stupid on his part to push him,
Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 07:13 AM

Just wanted to gauge how much interest people would have in reading a book. About my life growing up in the shadow of the bath ave crew it's a project I have been thinking about starting fir the past few years . Pizza boy would you read a book like that if one were to fall into your lap ?
Posted By: bronx

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 12:22 PM

most of them were drug addicts.. on both avenues
Posted By: salvi62

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU
Just wanted to gauge how much interest people would have in reading a book. About my life growing up in the shadow of the bath ave crew it's a project I have been thinking about starting fir the past few years . Pizza boy would you read a book like that if one were to fall into your lap ?

I would definitely read a book like that.

Sal

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 06:07 PM

Pizza boy would you read a book like that if one were to fall into your lap ?

BKLYN - pizzaboy has made it pretty clear he has no interest in responding to you so please stop asking him direct questions. Let's keep the peace here.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Pizza boy would you read a book like that if one were to fall into your lap ?

BKLYN - pizzaboy has made it pretty clear he has no interest in responding to you so please stop asking him direct questions. Let's keep the peace here.

Thank you, SC.

I just made a promise in the other thread and I'm gonna keep it. But I'm gonna make another promise here. Every time that he asks me a direct question or mentions my name, I'm just going to hit the notify button.

He will not bait me (or anyone else for that matter because everyone knows who he is).

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 06:37 PM

Every time that he asks me a direct question or mentions my name, I'm just going to hit the notify button.

Alright, cool. That'll be his ticket out of here.

BKLYN2NASSAU - CONSIDER THIS A WARNING

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 07:05 PM

Getting back to the thread ,

Any good books written on bath beach & 20th avenue crews?
Posted By: Yonkers

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 07:55 PM

Anthony's Boy: The Prince of Bath Avenue; the True Story of Former Bonanno Family Hitman, Joey Calco

Don't know how good it is...

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 07:57 PM

Every time that he asks me a direct question or mentions my name, I'm just going to hit the notify button.

Alright, cool. That'll be his ticket out of here.

BKLYN2NASSAU - CONSIDER THIS A WARNING

I was trying to extend an olive branch, I didnt say anything rude or disrespectful, either way I'll abide by your wishes.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 09:16 PM

Think one of the actual members who flipped is writing a eBook not that guy who wrote Anthony's boy which hasn't got great reviews. That will be 3 or 4 books on that crew if you take the club guys book Chris p. Story so think there's nothing left. It was only a crew for a few years correct? The market saturated.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/14/15 09:42 PM

True Pmac I have no clue what family they wound up with . But I know the story from TV I think. I was 5 or 6 guys trying to make a name for them self,and one pushed to far and the other's were told to kill the one guy that thought he was above it all.

Did I have the right show...?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 12:12 PM

Growing up on bay 41st and bath ave we quickly learned there were two types of men in the neighborhood,those that bled red like most of us and a select few who had Bath ave flowing through their veins. For us to live any other way was crazy. One incident in particular stands out to me . We came across a car with the engine running parked on the age. Imagine the shock to a couple of 15 year olds to discover a dead body occupying the driver side seat. We did what' any self respecting junior wiseguy would do we went through the guys pockets and the car looking for treasure. Vinny was happy with the gold plated lighter he found in the guys pockets. Joey bag o donuts found some cash scattered around the car. As for myself you can be sure I kept that snub nose revolver I found in the glove box. When people ask me nowadays how I survived such craziness I simply chuckle and say to them "I am bath ave"

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 12:19 PM

Growing up on bay 41st and bath ave we quickly learned there were two types of men in the neighborhood,those that bled red like most of us and a select few who had Bath ave flowing through their veins. For us to live any other way was crazy. One incident in particular stands out to me . We came across a car with the engine running parked on the age. Imagine the shock to a couple of 15 year olds to discover a dead body occupying the driver side seat. We did what' any self respecting junior wiseguy would do we went through the guys pockets and the car looking for treasure. Vinny was happy with the gold plated lighter he found in the guys pockets. Joey bag o donuts found some cash scattered around the car. As for myself you can be sure I kept that snub nose revolver I found in the glove box. When people ask me nowadays how I survived such craziness I simply chuckle and say to them "I am bath ave"

Watch brooklyn rules too much this weekend ?

rolleyes

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

rolleyes

That was a good movie but I didn't mention anything about a beagle locked in a case so I'm not quite sure I fully get the reference. Also the names in the story have been changed to protect the guilty.
Posted By: Crash

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 12:29 PM

That Calandra kid was interviewed amd mentioned they all hung out at " Nicks candy story on bath ave. any one know the exact location?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Crash
That Calandra kid was interviewed amd mentioned they all hung out at " Nicks candy story on bath ave. any one know the exact location?

Nicks was located on the ave on bay 16th, right next door to the pigeon social club that a few of us would get to know intimately a few years down the line.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

rolleyes

That was a good movie but I didn't mention anything about a beagle locked in a case so I'm not quite sure I fully get the reference. Also the names in the story have been changed to protect the guilty.

Your story is a direct ripoff of that shitty "Brooklyn Rules" movie. Stop it.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 04:33 PM

sallys pigeon club was across the street from nicks

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 08:21 PM

Nicks was located on the ave on bay 16th, right next door to the pigeon social club that a few of us would get to know intimately a few years down the line.

Originally Posted By: bronx
sallys pigeon club was across the street from nicks

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks, Bronx.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 09:26 PM

I could have sworn in another topic B2N admitted not really knowing these guys

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 09:47 PM

spero was a good friend of mine , his pigeon coop is still being taken care of on top of big apple car service on bath, his daughter diane keeps his memory alive

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 09:50 PM

pizza hows your father

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 09:56 PM

spero was a good friend of mine , his pigeon coop is still being taken care of on top of big apple car service on bath, his daughter diane keeps his memory alive

But they took down poor Sonny Black's coops right after they whacked him! lol

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:11 PM

pizza hows your father

Good days, bad days. But thanks for asking.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:21 PM

pizza hows your father

Good days, bad days. But thanks for asking.

God bless you, buddy. You're in my thoughts!

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I could have sworn in another topic B2N admitted not really knowing these guys

Doesn't matter. It's over. He gave himself away with the incorrect location of the pigeon club (well, he actually gave himself away a long time ago). Bronx and Spero were tight. Who are you gonna believe?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:33 PM

Definitely dont believe a thing this dude says.

Was hoping to further discredit him so other, newish posters weren't conned.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:36 PM

his club was like Switzerland , everybody went there and was comfortable. he made a lot of guys earn and the broke guys he took care of

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:37 PM

I think impersonating someone who knew gangsters is one of the more pathetic ways to spend your time.

Harassing you over PM would be another.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 10:53 PM

when was it first opened,do you remmember Bronx?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 11:06 PM

he was in a different spot in the early seventies ,then moved to bay 16th..early on they stood at a bar called the magic lantern on bay 13th and bath, lilo stayed there so that crew would go there. patty box cars had a club on bath and bay 11th. car service and sold fireworks from there.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 11:10 PM

Great stuff as allways Bronx,thanks.Who was patty box cars?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 11:21 PM

old time wiseguy, close with spero and gambino guys his son pete is made with bonano's

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 11:27 PM

lot of history on Bath ave.Lilo was on Bath ave all the time?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/15/15 11:43 PM

a lot..

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 12:41 AM

Thank you Sir

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 12:29 PM

Bronx
Nicks candy store was actually on corner of bay 13 and bath ave?
What was the location of spero west end social club?
Are there still a few clubs on bath ave ?
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 03:51 PM

Hey bronx is it true what D'Arco said regarding Spero saying family members of mob informants, including children, should be murdered in retaliation? Seems a little far fetched to me...

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 05:41 PM

nicks candy store was on bath ave one store over from bay 16th , speros club was on the corner of bath and bay 16th next door was nicks

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 05:42 PM

i never heard that in the street, did not read his book yet.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 05:45 PM

for what its worth calandra was a really good kid, misguided and mixed up..very bad teachers he followed..

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 05:50 PM

Thanks Bronx. So Spero's club was exactly on the corner of bay 16 and bath ave? If i am going towards the verazzano, what side of the street would that be bronx?
Did Calandra grow up on bay 16 as well?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 06:02 PM

yes he grew up right around there, traveling on bath ave it will be on your left side , you can make a left turn on bay 16th
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 07:02 PM

I'm just catching up on this thread here. Thanks PB and Bronx for your insight. But I gotta get off topic and state the obvious. Why do certain people just come here with BS stories and instigate the valuable posters here? What would one get out of that? I know enough names and places from certain people I knew that I could totally BS you guys (not all of you), but for the life of me, I can't understand the benefit of that..

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 07:46 PM

some just want or need to act like they know or are in the know..nothing wrong for someone to ask and learn, that's how you learn by asking.. god gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason .lol. blacksheep you bring a good point..we all can learn and never stop learning..i have learned many things on these sites about different cities .i hope their research and knowledge they pass is correct. breaking balls is one thing on these sites, but going after good posters with nonsense leads us to believe when somebody has nothing to add they attack...imagine these people at home,?their families must be sick of them.. the moderators need to take charge and control these guys or guys like pizza will be gone. some guys post great photo's , when are these people ever going to see such great stuff..they should be thankful for the input .. the moderators should reach out to ex l.e and guys who flipped to come on and post..buy they may get abused by a computer keyboard..
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 08:52 PM

some just want or need to act like they know or are in the know..nothing wrong for someone to ask and learn, that's how you learn by asking.. god gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason .lol. blacksheep you bring a good point..we all can learn and never stop learning..i have learned many things on these sites about different cities .i hope their research and knowledge they pass is correct. breaking balls is one thing on these sites, but going after good posters with nonsense leads us to believe when somebody has nothing to add they attack...imagine these people at home,?their families must be sick of them.. the moderators need to take charge and control these guys or guys like pizza will be gone. some guys post great photo's , when are these people ever going to see such great stuff..they should be thankful for the input .. the moderators should reach out to ex l.e and guys who flipped to come on and post..buy they may get abused by a computer keyboard..

+1 - Sad but true!

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 08:58 PM

Spoken like a gentleman I have a lot of respect for you Bronx

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 08:58 PM

i mostly agree agree BUT no need to bring their families into it, that is going a bit too far.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:12 PM

thanks

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:14 PM

no knock on anyones family at all.my point was if someone can wear out others on a computer, what do they do with people they see all the time..

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:23 PM

no knock on anyones family at all.my point was if someone can wear out others on a computer, what do they do with people they see all the time..

still that shouldnt be brought up. I agree with you they can be a pain in the ass on here BUT assuming their family will get tired of them isnt really any better.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:23 PM

I'm a big boy I can take my medicine, especially when I know I had it coming. I know I have been a jerk to pizza at times and it was uncalled for. Truth be told I lurked here for a long time before I had the courage to post anything, and when everyone accused me of being that Jack guy I handled it the wrong way and got childish. Respect Bronx your a standup guy in my eyes.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:36 PM

I'm a big boy I can take my medicine, especially when I know I had it coming. I know I have been a jerk to pizza at times and it was uncalled for. Truth be told I lurked here for a long time before I had the courage to post anything, and when everyone accused me of being that Jack guy I handled it the wrong way and got childish. Respect Bronx your a standup guy in my eyes.

i respect that you owned up to it. Bronx did a real good job in his post BUT brining up family was the only wrong thing

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher

i respect that you owned up to it. Bronx did a real good job in his post BUT brining up family was the only wrong thing

He didnt mean nothing by it,BX is a true gentelman.After all he was talking in general,never mentioned any names.Im 100 percent sure that he didnt mean nothing by it.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 09:58 PM

Bronx is aces in my book he's a solid dude I didn't take offense to anything he said.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 10:21 PM

thank you, would be great if we helped each other with Q and A things..we all would benefit. did you say you lived on bay 41st.?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 10:22 PM

really, ? i wear myself out most of the time

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/16/15 10:24 PM

thanks again..we all get off track one time or another..takes a man to admit it..hats off to you for acknowledging pizza, we can learn from him

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/17/15 01:01 AM

Geez, I could swear you said you'd ignore pizzaboy and not mention him again. That was short-lived.

Pretend you never heard of him. Don't even mention pizza at all. If you're talking about that Italian food with sauce on top of the crust refer to it as something else. And leave pizzaboy out of your messages. Can't say it any clearer. FINAL WARNING

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/17/15 02:18 AM

Geez, I could swear you said you'd ignore pizzaboy and not mention him again. That was short-lived.

Pretend you never heard of him. Don't even mention pizza at all. If you're talking about that Italian food with sauce on top of the crust refer to it as something else. And leave pizzaboy out of your messages. Can't say it any clearer. FINAL WARNING

I understand and respect your decison SC. I dont wanna be the cause of friction around here. I thought since I was apologizing it would be alright to mention his name. I just hope this goes both ways, I dont wanna hear him or any of his minions implying Im this Jack person. Thats fair right? I am not JACK my name is Brian. I am 37 years old from Massapqeua long island, by way of Bensonhurst/Bath Beach, those are my old stomping grounds. My name rang out for a time on those streets. I went to St Athanasuis grammar school and then Xaverian high school in Bay Ridge. I was known in the neighborhood as a kid who had his head on straight. While I didnt glorify the " life" as many of my friends growing up ultimately fell victim to, I still respected all the right people and for a time I was able to walk the ave with my head held high. Things went south for me in the neighborhood around 2002. I dont wanna say I was chased, but for all parties involved it was thought best to make myself scarce. So thats my backstory, warts and all. I want people to know the real me. not the troll everything thinks I am. I hope one day everyone will be able to laugh about this incident, as Ive made good friends on here in the short time Ive posted ( Bronx, JP crusher) I wouldnt wanna lose that.Give me a chance guys, I can add value to this forumn.

Brian

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/17/15 02:26 AM

Was this crew overly involved with rubber ducks?

Did they favour certain fragent salts compatible with water?
What was the suds situation?

All good questions.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/17/15 02:32 AM

I personally don't care if you're Jack Doff or not. Just don't jack me off. I've been moderating these boards for a long time and one thing I've learned is once a member goes in circles denying things and then keeps infuriating others there is something not right going on. Just stop all this nonsense. Post on the subject of OC and stick to that. Forget all this garbage about personalities of our members.

It's the summer time now and the only sand in between my toes should be coming form the beach. I don't want to get sandy toes from the sandbox battles that seem to be following you around. Just stop it! Forget it and move on.

Put this to bed already. It's time!

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/17/15 03:19 AM

I personally don't care if you're Jack Doff or not. Just don't jack me off. I've been moderating these boards for a long time and one thing I've learned is once a member goes in circles denying things and then keeps infuriating others there is something not right going on. Just stop all this nonsense. Post on the subject of OC and stick to that. Forget all this garbage about personalities of our members.

It's the summer time now and the only sand in between my toes should be coming form the beach. I don't want to get sandy toes from the sandbox battles that seem to be following you around. Just stop it! Forget it and move on.

Well said I respect you SC

Put this to bed already. It's time!
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/17/15 03:28 AM

I personally don't care if you're Jack Doff or not. Just don't jack me off.

lol...I don't mean to laugh, but this line came straight out of casting...Funny shit.

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/18/15 12:21 AM

I understand and respect your decison SC. I dont wanna be the cause of friction around here. I thought since I was apologizing it would be alright to mention his name. I just hope this goes both ways, I dont wanna hear him or any of his minions implying Im this Jack person. Thats fair right? I am not JACK my name is Brian. I am 37 years old from Massapqeua long island, by way of Bensonhurst/Bath Beach, those are my old stomping grounds. My name rang out for a time on those streets. I went to St Athanasuis grammar school and then Xaverian high school in Bay Ridge. I was known in the neighborhood as a kid who had his head on straight. While I didnt glorify the " life" as many of my friends growing up ultimately fell victim to, I still respected all the right people and for a time I was able to walk the ave with my head held high. Things went south for me in the neighborhood around 2002. I dont wanna say I was chased, but for all parties involved it was thought best to make myself scarce. So thats my backstory, warts and all. I want people to know the real me. not the troll everything thinks I am. I hope one day everyone will be able to laugh about this incident, as Ive made good friends on here in the short time Ive posted ( Bronx, JP crusher) I wouldnt wanna lose that.Give me a chance guys, I can add value to this forumn.

Brian

your name "rang out on those streets" yet....

Never heard of Kirk the hook but admitly I wasn't part of street life.

No one likes a bullshitter so keep it in the General thread and pretend you saw the new Dateline about Caitlin Jenner and talk about that. Grown men are in this thread son. Some real guys that have seen it so please don't insult anyone's intelligence with the nonsense. Or at the very very minimum......try and keep your story straight. lol
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/18/15 12:25 AM

my name is Brian. I am 37 years old from Massapqeua long island, by way of Bensonhurst/Bath Beach, those are my old stomping grounds. My name rang out for a time on those streets. I went to St Athanasuis grammar school and then Xaverian high school in Bay Ridge. I was known in the neighborhood as a kid who had his head on straight. While I didnt glorify the " life" as many of my friends growing up ultimately fell victim to, I still respected all the right people and for a time I was able to walk the ave with my head held high. Things went south for me in the neighborhood around 2002. I dont wanna say I was chased, but for all parties involved it was thought best to make myself scarce. So thats my backstory, warts and all. I want people to know the real me. not the troll everything thinks I am. I hope one day everyone will be able to laugh about this incident, as Ive made good friends on here in the short time Ive posted ( Bronx, JP crusher) I wouldnt wanna lose that.Give me a chance guys, I can add value to this forumn.

Brian[/quote]

Do you know where or what "The Red Door" was or is?

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/18/15 01:17 AM

Brian

No one likes a bullshitter so keep it in the General thread and pretend you saw the new Dateline about Caitlin Jenner and talk about that. Grown men are in this thread son. Some real guys that have seen it so please don't insult anyone's intelligence with the nonsense. Or at the very very minimum......try and keep your story straight. lol

Seriously... corniest line...

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/18/15 01:25 AM

Cheech I am cool now with Bronx and JP crusher I am " with" then. I'm not going to respond to your childish abuse of me . Your barking up the wrong tree partner lets jus leave it at that.

Brian

Re: Bath avenue crew - 06/18/15 02:02 AM

Well, this thread proves two things.

1. It has definitely out-lived its usefulness.

2. Most of you don't know how to use the quote function.

The thread is now closed.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET