Home

Mirra/Salerno

Posted By: Madonn

Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 04:02 PM

Hi people, I am quite new and I wonder if any of you have information about Tony Mirra or Anthony Salerno, I've already checked Wikipedia. I do find those two men really interesting.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 04:10 PM

http://vault.fbi.gov/anthony-salerno

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 04:11 PM

http://joebrunoonthemob.wordpress.com/tag/tony-mirra/

Anthony "Tony" Mirra was a feared and loyal Bonanno soldier that was "made" sometime in the late 1970s. After then boss Carmine "The Cigar" Galante was murdered in 1979, Mirra fell under the crew known as the "zips" and would fit the mold well. The zips had been imported from Italy for the sole purpose of heroin trafficking and were considered ruthless. Mirra derived much of his earnings from vending machine rackets and extorting nightclubs. He also was a huge loanshark and had killed over a dozen gangsters. In the late 1970s he was sent away for extortion, before this he had introduced retired FBI Agent Joe Pistone alias "Donnie Brasco" to the Bonanno family and would watch as Pistone's infiltrated the Bonanno LCN Family. Since Mirra was irrational, considered crazy by many and had introduced Pistone to his crime family....he would have to pay. Mirra was murdered in 1981 for his lack of judgement and his instability

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 04:37 PM

Thanks dude, that was interesting. You got no wiretaps on them? I've heard the conversations between Pistone and Lefty.

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 07:12 PM

no i dont
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 08:07 PM

Tony Mirra was murdered 18th February 1982. (It'll soon be the 30th anniversary of his death)
Young Joey D'Amico killed him in his own car after he set up a meeting with him. Old Al Embarrato and Richard Cantarella kept look out. The Bonnano's figured Mirra would trust his family and they were right.
I have actually seen a scene of crime photo of Mirra lying dead at the wheel of his car - it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 08:13 PM

Yo Phatty, thanks man for usin' a site I brought up

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 08:19 PM

THE FBI probably have wiretaps on them but they ain't interested in uploading them on Youtube... So mean
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/23/12 09:10 PM

Phat's linked to some great articles, but if you use the search funcion to dig through the archives, Im sure you'll find heaps more good stuff on them (thats what its there for!)

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/24/12 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas

Yo Phatty, thanks man for usin' a site I brought up
that joebruno site is pretty good. lots of good stuff on there! i like his writing style.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Mirra/Salerno - 01/24/12 04:35 AM

A succinct account of Mira's demise is found in Anthony DiStefano's "King of the Godfathers." Massino gave tne order.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET