Home

size of the rizzuto family?

Posted By: Five_Felonies

size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 09:47 PM

was wondering how many made men in the rizzuto clan and of them how many are active on the street, ie not in prison or retired. also how many associates?
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:08 PM

This is hard to tell since they dont have the same structure as the traditional Cosa Nostra families. And no one knows for sure since 2-3 years when things got started, and killing began.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
This is hard to tell since they dont have the same structure as the traditional Cosa Nostra families. And no one knows for sure since 2-3 years when things got started, and killing began.
yeah thats what i gathered. ps: your charts are epic!
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:14 PM

According to a conversation between Sal Vitale and Vito Rizzuto, there were about 20 men of honor in Canada. The Sixth Family describes that the Rizzutos organization consisted of three cells; two of 50 men, and one of 30.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
According to a conversation between Sal Vitale and Vito Rizzuto, there were about 20 men of honor in Canada. The Sixth Family describes that the Rizzutos organization consisted of three cells; two of 50 men, and one of 30.
thats quite a disparity in numbers lol!

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
thats quite a disparity in numbers lol!

Those 130 men weren't all made members, obviously. This was probably the Rizzutos entire organization.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:19 PM

makes sense. thanks for clearing that up.
Posted By: short841

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:26 PM

what structure does the rizzutos have?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:28 PM

Interesting.
I came across an old FBI document once (dated in the 1960s), that stated that the Montreal group had 20 made members and that these members belonged to the Bonanno Family.
I got frustrated because the document didn´t name them!
It also stated that there were talks between Stefano Magaddino and representatives from the Commission about these 20 made members would be absorbed into the Buffalo Family after the "Bananas War". This never happened though.
Posted By: carmela

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:29 PM

In around 2006-2007/08, there were about 300 made men, including the Sicilian, and Calabrian factions, and about 2,000 associates.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
In around 2006-2007/08, there were about 300 made men, including the Sicilian, and Calabrian factions, and about 2,000 associates.

Not even The Sixth Family dared to go that far. whistle

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:46 PM

Just passing on info I have. Take it for what it is. I never read the Sixth Family.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Interesting.
I came across an old FBI document once (dated in the 1960s), that stated that the Montreal group had 20 made members and that these members belonged to the Bonanno Family.
It also stated that there were talks between Stefano Magaddino and representatives from the Commission about these 20 made members would be absorbed into the Buffalo Family after the "Bananas War". This never happened though.

Could you retrieve that document?

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 10:51 PM

Just passing on info I have. Take it for what it is. I never read the Sixth Family.

If the Rizzutos had that many members and associates, they could have taken over New York instead of the other way around. You're probably confused with the Gambino or Genovese families. wink

In any case, I'm "extremely" sceptical about the reliability of that information.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:01 PM

Interesting.

I´ll see if I can find it...
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:14 PM

There the size of my dick!

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:31 PM

If the Rizzutos had that many members and associates, they could have taken over New York instead of the other way around. You're probably confused with the Gambino or Genovese families. wink

In any case, I'm "extremely" sceptical about the reliability of that information.

No, I'm not confused. I'll PM you.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
There the size of my dick!

3 inches? Hard? Oh my, that's a small family, indeed!
Posted By: SC

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:37 PM

Does that mean you won't blow his nose?

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:52 PM

carmela who told u lol sc i dont get ur joke

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:55 PM

SC I get it now ..KNOCK KNOCK

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/18/12 11:58 PM

Who's there?

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/19/12 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

All signs point to NO!

I shook my magic 8ball, that was the answer. Oh well.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/19/12 01:32 AM

Who's there?

Go Fu.. oh shit, you're the admin. rolleyes

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/19/12 02:18 AM

All signs point to NO!

<smh> All this talk about an 8 ball and blow.....

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/19/12 09:51 AM

Interesting.

Sonny, here´s a link to a six page document that deals with the Montreal group and the Bonannos.
However, them being absorbed into the Buffalo Crime Family is not mentioned here. I´m not sure, but it´s possible that I read that in the "DeCavalcante tapes". Will enclose a link to the ebook, found on the internet, as well.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=127593&relPageId=1

http://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/un...ume-2-tin.shtml

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/19/12 11:36 AM

Thanks Hairy, good job!

Btw, during the Bonanno war, Bill Bonanno's faction was afraid the Cotronis would side with Buffalo so they made a trip to Montreal to ensure their loyalty. During this meeting the Montreal decina confirmed that they would stay loyal to the Bonannos. This is described in Sixth Family and Mafia Inc.

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/19/12 02:47 PM

All signs point to NO!

<smh> All this talk about an 8 ball and blow.....

blush

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 01/20/12 01:42 AM

Your the mod so I can't use any obscenities..Its been on HBo the past few months.. You know Tom Hanks in catch me if you can ..Knock..Knock... (Boston Accent)..Go F yourself..
Who's there?

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/03/12 12:40 PM

Interesting.

Sonny, I finally found the FBI document saying the Montreal faction of the Bonannos are supposed to go to Magaddino and the Arizona faction to LA. I actually stumbled upon it.
It seems to me that the Commission discussed breaking up the Bonanno Family into pieces during the initial phase of the Bonanno intra Family struggle. No wonder why Magaddino was so keen on seing the Bonanno Family chopped up, because it would have given him additional 100 guys under his command...according to DeCavalcante.
Of course, we know this never happened but apparently the subject of breaking up the Bonannos was brought up at the table during a Commission meeting.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=127723&relPageId=9

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/03/12 05:43 PM

Sonny, I finally found the FBI document saying the Montreal faction of the Bonannos are supposed to go to Magaddino and the Arizona faction to LA. I actually stumbled upon it.
It seems to me that the Commission discussed breaking up the Bonanno Family into pieces during the initial phase of the Bonanno intra Family struggle. No wonder why Magaddino was so keen on seing the Bonanno Family chopped up, because it would have given him additional 100 guys under his command...according to DeCavalcante.
Of course, we know this never happened but apparently the subject of breaking up the Bonannos was brought up at the table during a Commission meeting.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=127723&relPageId=9

Thanks for finding this.
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/03/12 10:19 PM

Has anyone actually got any Chart of The Rizzutos, Cleveland, Philly, Milwaukee, Los Angeles. No one has really done it before
Posted By: Antonio

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/04/12 02:34 AM

Yeah I agree with that...^
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/04/12 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Imamobguy
Has anyone actually got any Chart of The Rizzutos, Cleveland, Philly, Milwaukee, Los Angeles. No one has really done it before

pretty sure murkremin made this philly chart
http://api.ning.com/files/*Qq-apW3lEjf0NO2pewFNqnzmid2y55PO9JAZGBbzmYmx4EpSG-e*G2Im-t7PtbL2rktU3wCibadc4cOMQTxL-RtZs0*2XT2/philly2010.gif

milwuakee
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1668/milwaukeecrimefamily001.jpg

cleveland
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5091/clevelandmob001001.jpg

L.A.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1493/losangelescrimefamily00.jpg
Posted By: jackbottoxxx

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/04/12 03:43 AM

also murkremin made this;

montreal
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s147/mukremin/RizzutoCrimeFamily-1.jpg
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/04/12 09:46 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: Imamobguy

pretty sure murkremin made this philly chart
http://api.ning.com/files/*Qq-apW3lEjf0NO2pewFNqnzmid2y55PO9JAZGBbzmYmx4EpSG-e*G2Im-t7PtbL2rktU3wCibadc4cOMQTxL-RtZs0*2XT2/philly2010.gif

milwuakee
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1668/milwaukeecrimefamily001.jpg

cleveland
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5091/clevelandmob001001.jpg

L.A.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1493/losangelescrimefamily00.jpg

No thats not the chart i made, i made a different Philly chart. I also got a positive feedback from George Anastasia, he claimed it was a good, almost accurate chart for the Phillys.

I made these:
Philadelphia Family:
http://www.FreeUploadShare.com/DOWNLOAD/f23bb241/Philadelphia Cosa Nostra Family.jpg

Cleveland Family:
http://www.FreeUploadShare.com/DOWNLOAD/5e9b41400/Cleveland Cosa Nostra Family.jpg
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/05/12 06:38 PM

Interesting.

Sonny, here´s a link to a six page document that deals with the Montreal group and the Bonannos.
However, them being absorbed into the Buffalo Crime Family is not mentioned here. I´m not sure, but it´s possible that I read that in the "DeCavalcante tapes". Will enclose a link to the ebook, found on the internet, as well.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=127593&relPageId=1

http://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/un...ume-2-tin.shtml

Awesome find, Hairy! thanks for finding these and sharing. Loved that document

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/05/12 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Awesome find, Hairy! thanks for finding these and sharing. Loved that document

You´re welcome buddy!

It´s interesting to read something that is dated as far back as the 1960s, and finding it to still have some relevance today. The Montreal crew, even if the players have changed, have been on the news now for a couple of years due to the war up there and dominated the speculations among mob watchers everywhere.
Posted By: Antonio

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/10/12 02:25 PM

Sorry If I've missed something, but how big then do law enforcement consider the Rizzuto clan? Made members and then by associates, just roughly...50? More?

I mean since they did control pretty much everything until recently, they must be pretty big no?
Posted By: LouietheJap

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/12/12 12:22 AM

Mafia Inc.

Great book.

I'd say most of the top associates are gunned down or missing and the rest keep it low-profile if you heard of the Charbonneau corruption inquiry going on. And mukremin, add Joe Di Maulo to the killed.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: size of the rizzuto family? - 11/12/12 02:05 AM

The Rizzuto's have to be a fairly large organization to have one point controlled everything in Montreal. However being big doesn't mean necessarily mean power. It helps, but the Rizzuto doesn't strike me as a huge "New York" style family. More like a medium group with close knit members and a lot of associates to keep things in line.

Who the hell knows what's going on up there.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET