Home

Scariest of the scary guys?

Posted By: gemini_killer

Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/27/11 02:13 PM

who is the scariest of the scary guys?

You tend to fear people who are more well known, like the Demeo Crew, Gaspipe and Tommy "karate" Pitera...

But in my eyes the above are very evil and dangerous but I would be more afraid of guys like toto riina (the beast) and pino greco from italy - these people like to set up full crews to be murdered and chopped up and family members are not safe - I dont think the killers from "La cosa nostra" would last a day if they were to go to the other side... what ya'll think, who scares you the most...
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/27/11 03:07 PM

Some of the Camorra guys are just as bad or even worse, if you read the book Gamorrah there are some sickening stories of brutality.
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/27/11 04:06 PM

In the USA, Tony Mirra takes some beating.
Joe Pistone said that other mob guys pretended to be his friend just to pacify him - he was a dangerous dude.
But yeah, there are some really scary stories about Camorra men!

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/27/11 05:22 PM

lol my uncle just bought me gomorrah for my xmas - aint read it yet or seen the movie, cant wait now - Yeah Tony Mirra killed alot of guys and from what I understand was a very tough sob - they had to use his cousin to whack him
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 02:03 AM

Everything more I hear about Mirra makes him sound meaner and meaner. Though I've always though the out-of-NY families take the cake in terms of meanness; Charles Nicoletti, Tommy Sinito, Frank Sheeran (who may or may not be, a Kuklinski type), Frank Salemme, Sam DeStefano, Stephen and Vincent Flemmi, the East Harlem Purple Gang, Fratianno, Anthony Brancato, etc.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 02:28 AM

ain't no one scarier than Stripes Demarco

he is one sinister and mysterious fucking dude
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 03:11 AM

There are a few scary mobsters. i know people have said that tommy pitera "scared the scary guys". As someone said Tony Mirra was so scary other mobsters would try to pacify him by giving him stuff 'on the arm". However on the same token when donnie brasco was revealed he went into hiding since he knew som many of the mobsters he treated badly would want to kill him. Also ther was another guy that i have been researching about from the gambino family named Tony plate. From what i read he was always to mean and scared the shit out of a ton of people
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 03:59 AM

For what it's worth, late NYPD detective Ralph Salerno said out of all the mobsters he met over the decades, there were two that stood out in terms of how scary they were. The look in their eyes. Carmine Galante and Niel Dellacroce.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 04:12 AM

Ya ur right Ivy I think galante and neil are in the top 5 of all time scary mobsters. I would put Albert Anastasia there too
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 04:35 AM

You can't best the mid-century Chicago Outfit. Turk Torello put a guy on a makeshift medieval rack and made him sweat until he dried to death.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/28/11 08:33 PM

yeah turks a bad guy, frank the german schweihs was one mean sob

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/29/11 06:46 PM

Carmine the Snake Persico, got shot over 20 times in his life, one of these attempts he was shot in the face, hand and shoulder - then he allegedly spat out the bullet that had entered his face
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/29/11 08:21 PM

Tie between any member of Roy DeMeo's crew or the Westies.
They were jsut the baddest dudes of all time in my opinon
Posted By: tt120

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/29/11 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
You can't best the mid-century Chicago Outfit. Turk Torello put a guy on a makeshift medieval rack and made him sweat until he dried to death.

jesus I've never heard about this. Those Outfit guys always had a reputation for brutality though. Even in more recent, late 20th century times with the 26th St. Crew. Look at Frank Calabrese and all those hits. What's wrong with a gun? Instead he preferred to strangle a guy and slice his throat. Only reason I could think of is that maybe dealing with guns was too risky (procuring them, disposing of them, etc...) but I really just think he was a sick fuck. He apparently took a blow torch to Butch Petrocelli's face after he was killed as well
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/29/11 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: tt120
Originally Posted By: BarrettM

jesus I've never heard about this. Those Outfit guys always had a reputation for brutality though. Even in more recent, late 20th century times with the 26th St. Crew. Look at Frank Calabrese and all those hits. What's wrong with a gun? Instead he preferred to strangle a guy and slice his throat. Only reason I could think of is that maybe dealing with guns was too risky (procuring them, disposing of them, etc...) but I really just think he was a sick fuck. He apparently took a blow torch to Butch Petrocelli's face after he was killed as well
wink thar ya go

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 12/30/11 03:06 PM

most guys in Chicago like to torture people before they kill em, also they dont even look like they would hurt a fly, look at turk torello he looks like a nice guy lol, and I'm sure he is until you dont got his fuckin money
Posted By: MayfieldRoadMob

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 05:06 AM

Socks Lanza and Fifi Buccieri were scary dudes from what Ive read.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 08:04 AM

Its said to be that Louis CK got his material from Roy Demeo because he kept a bag of dicks!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 08:06 AM

IVY

Watch King of the hill, and look at the grandpa's eyes and you got neil dellacroce. Dark cold eyes like a dolls eyes..ooooouuhghh itsooo spoooky evvery1

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
For what it's worth, late NYPD detective Ralph Salerno said out of all the mobsters he met over the decades, there were two that stood out in terms of how scary they were. The look in their eyes. Carmine Galante and Niel Dellacroce.
Posted By: BadLookingSal

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 08:18 AM

Anyone ever read about this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_Marchese

There's not much on him, but the info that is known is quite chilling.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 03:55 PM

Fifi Buccieri was a very scary man.. chicago is a "hell" of a place, you just dont fuck with them guys.. and as Sal has said this guy Filippo Marchese is one cold hearted bad dude..and that room of death is definitely on the top 10 places to avoid , he was apparently killed by Pino Greco who was himself killed on orders of Riina.. someone tell me why the people who scare you the most, don't look scary? - Toto Riina looks like a old cigar chomping MF, and he himself has killed many many people and ordered the killing of hundreds, his nickname "the beast" is really a understatement
Posted By: Strax

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 04:26 PM

Leoluca Bagarella killed about 300 people,Giuvanni “Il Porco” Brusca about 150 and 200.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 04:46 PM

Leoluca Bagarella forgot about him ... he looks real evil, didn't he kill his own wife because her brother became a rat?
Posted By: carmela

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 04:49 PM

^^^ More likely is that she took her own life, left a letter asking her husband for forgiveness.

As a side: he doesn't look all that evil to me, just based on appearance.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 04:50 PM

As far as i know , yes he did killed his wife because her brother became rat,he is really scary.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax
As far as i know , yes he did killed his wife because her brother became rat,he is really scary.

This is a rumor only.
Posted By: BadLookingSal

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 09:04 PM

Marchese's brutality made him kind of run-of-the-mill for a Sicilian gangster, IMO. The scary, abnormal part is that he allegedly derived sexual gratification from watching his victims tortured.

Speaking of Leoluca Bagarella, that wife that died suspiciously was none other than Marchese's niece.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 09:05 PM

Carmella you must have balls of steel cause this guy scares the shit outta me ... look at his eyes ...he's a killer,

I think your right sal...

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: gemini_killer
Carmella you must have balls of steel cause this guy scares the shit outta me ... look at his eyes ...he's a killer,

lol You have no idea. Sometimes I scare myself at just how big.

I get what you're saying and I agree it's all in the eyes...and this guy was certainly a killer, no doubt. Just... his eyes don't seem to have that killer look about them that some of the other guys have. Also, if you've ever noticed, many Sicilian men never smile in pics and give off a kind of evil look.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/02/12 10:18 PM

yeah I agree with that they don't smile very much ..I think it's because most of the time they get their picture took they are under arrest wink

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/03/12 12:27 AM

yeah I agree with that they don't smile very much ..I think it's because most of the time they get their picture took they are under arrest wink
Actually I meant Sicilian men in general. They dont smile much in pictures and give off a certain look, criminal or not.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/03/12 10:04 AM

you got me... they do look like they are on a constant downer frown
Posted By: TheBlackhand

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/10/12 03:15 AM

Roy Demeo terrible... He was a reputed psychopath...
Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski was scary as hell too but he was a Hitman for the mob...
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/10/12 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: TheBlackhand

Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski was scary as hell too but he was a Hitman for the mob...

...and a self aggrandizing liar. Im yet to discover a single source that confirms his mob involvement beyond his own accounts or articles referencing his own accounts. Sure he was around some people (apparently he hung out at the Gemini Lounge on occasion) but his claims to have been privy to all number of mob hits and incidents is beyond ludicrous.

I understand you're a new member, and do not mean to flame or troll, but this is like Mob 101; Kuklinski is full of shit.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/10/12 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Actually I meant Sicilian men in general. They dont smile much in pictures and give off a certain look, criminal or not.

Also, black people. As in dont smile. As in, Im-so-totally-not-racist-but-black-people-dont-generally-smile-in-pics-and-goddamn-they-look-so-cool...ish.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/13/12 05:51 PM

lol cool
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/13/12 07:52 PM

Greg Scarpa
Roy Demeo
Aniello Dellacroce
Carmine Galante
Frank "The German" Schweihs
Gaspipe Casso

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/13/12 07:54 PM

Joseph Massimino, scary lookin' dude. A modern Scarpa or Galante lookin' dude

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/13/12 08:48 PM

underboss philly .. he looks like he's done some bad shit
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/13/12 10:08 PM

From a great documentary on the Chicago Outfit..

A former Outfit associate calls, Outfit Hitman, Frank "The German" Schweihs "the most ruthless man he's ever seen". He also calls Mad Sam the craziest.

Man, those Outfit guys were a vicious bunch.
Posted By: fergie

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/14/12 12:17 AM

Guys, I just remembered, I know we're talking about mafia gangsters, but beheadings by the crazy arab folks must ace anything Murder Inc etc did - I can't imagine Anastasia cutting a live guy's head off in front of his crew? I might be wrong...

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/14/12 12:39 AM

The hardest American Mafia crew ever is, finally:

Boss Luciano (Brains)
Underboss Anniello Delacrocce (seemed to be loyal - always had "our thing" at heart and a hard bastard)
Conciglieri - Carlo Gambino - got to be - use him for his brains and contacts...

Capos

John Gotti
Tommy De Somone (maniac - slight loose cannon, thought Id give him a chance though, might soon get whacked)
Roy DeMeo (Serial Killer but loyal with the mafia)
Tommy Pitera (good with fists, serial killer and loyal)
Carmine Galante (fearless)

Sam DeStefano was too "Mad" (I would substitute the word mad with "stupid" because the "crazy arsehole killer who got killed because he was "mad", is more appropriate if you dig deep with that particular dick!)

Pitera - He never did any more than any other gangster!! He's got the rep because he could kick the shit out of any other gangster with his karate background - he was a successful student and champion in Japan for a few years. Every other gangster (generalising slightly) has done the shit he has..

Carlo Gambino No... to "wily" and cannot qualify for this particular title...

Tony Spilotro - Ive read a bit on him, and he's a guy who totally lived by the rules. Deserved to die and he knew it - obviously we all knew he knew it as well...
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/14/12 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: fergie

Boss Luciano (Brains)
Underboss Anniello Delacrocce (seemed to be loyal - always had "our thing" at heart and a hard bastard)
Conciglieri - Carlo Gambino - got to be - use him for his brains and contacts...

Capos

John Gotti
Tommy De Somone (maniac - slight loose cannon, thought Id give him a chance though, might soon get whacked)

Sam DeStefano was too "Mad" (I would substitute the word mad with "stupid" because the "crazy arsehole killer who got killed because he was "mad", is more appropriate if you dig deep with that particular dick!)

Pitera - He never did any more than any other gangster!! He's got the rep because he could kick the shit out of any other gangster with his karate background - he was a successful student and champion in Japan for a few years. Every other gangster (generalising slightly) has done the shit he has..

Tony Spilotro - Ive read a bit on him, and he's a guy who totally lived by the rules. Deserved to die and he knew it - obviously we all knew he knew it as well...

Those Capo's might be feared and good earners, but they'd create nothing but trouble down the road. Pitera wasn't especially smart, and John Gotti, well he couldn't stay capo for too long without starting a war, I think. DeSimone wasn't particularly smart either, and he was too loose of a cannon. Capo? Really?

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/14/12 05:03 PM

I think pitera was really smart and was reading constantly (while he wasnt killing people)...they didnt get tommy on tape talking about crime, he was jailed because of informants..Desimone was just a fucking loose cannon who in my opinion was not an earner and would be struggling to keep control of a crew and would also have issues following orders.. well, he would try and kill whoever he felt like and would be killed himself..
Posted By: tt120

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/16/12 05:06 PM

I don't think Pitera was smart; his whole hustle was just doing rips on drug dealers and re-selling the shit. He didn't run any rackets. He ran his crew through fear; guys weren't loyal to him, they were just scared to death of him. If he treated them right and led a crew like a real leader than Gangi may have not flipped on him. A true psychopath, definitely worthy of being mentioned in this thread as a scary guy
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/16/12 05:19 PM

I don't think Pitera was smart; his whole hustle was just doing rips on drug dealers and re-selling the shit. He didn't run any rackets. He ran his crew through fear; guys weren't loyal to him, they were just scared to death of him. If he treated them right and led a crew like a real leader than Gangi may have not flipped on him. A true psychopath, definitely worthy of being mentioned in this thread as a scary guy

I disagree with him only doing rips and reselling. He was running a pretty big cocaine and weed operation out of brooklyn aswell.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/16/12 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese

I disagree with him only doing rips and reselling. He was running a pretty big cocaine and weed operation out of brooklyn aswell.

he was selling heroin, skunk, cocaine - what ever he could get his hands on...he did rip off drug dealers but don't tell me the only drugs he sold was what he stole...he was a bonanno, and was getting from one of their sources..you ever seen him talking?, he's quite frightening
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/16/12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese

he was selling heroin, skunk, cocaine - what ever he could get his hands on...he did rip off drug dealers but don't tell me the only drugs he sold was what he stole...he was a bonanno, and was getting from one of their sources..you ever seen him talking?, he's quite frightening

Pitera was a good fit for the drug trade, he was ultra violent,murderous and feared. I think he was one of the handful mobsters really willing to get heavily involved with the violence and ruthlessness that the drug trade required at the time.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/16/12 09:32 PM

Good way to sum up a real gangster.
Posted By: BridgeportVet

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 01/17/12 11:59 AM

Tony Spilotro was a goof.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/22/12 10:44 PM

Think he just convinced himself he was untouchable.....the distance from the mid west area he was controlled by (not just Chicago!) that he took advantage of and the complete raising of the bar in violence he encouraged as a result out there led to the upper echelons being left with no choice but to whack him - the cops threatening accarado/aiuppa about Spilotro's behaviour (in relation to the threats against the cop who accidently killed a connected guys son) finally nailed his coffin shut...
Posted By: JasonAnthony74

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/22/12 11:17 PM

Sammy Gravano would scare the crap out of me. There's something very devious and sinister about Gravano (and dangerous of course). I'd never feel comfortable around a guy like that.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/23/12 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Sammy Gravano would scare the crap out of me. There's something very devious and sinister about Gravano (and dangerous of course). I'd never feel comfortable around a guy like that.

Like Dominick Montiglio said: "You couldn't trust Sammy".
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/23/12 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Joseph Massimino, scary lookin' dude. A modern Scarpa or Galante lookin' dude

I second Mousie - he looks like he's trying to look evil or something.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/23/12 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987

"Sammy Bullshit! He was ducking us, when he saw me he would run. He knew we wanted to hit him"

- Al D'Arco on Sammy dodging Lucchese family hit teams
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/23/12 07:30 PM

You guys wanna know the scariest of the scary guys?!?!?
Just read Scorsese's topic about the Serbian mafia cannibals!

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/24/12 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

"Sammy Bullshit! He was ducking us, when he saw me he would run. He knew we wanted to hit him"

I'd be more scared of Sammy Gravano than Al D'arco to be honest. I find it hard to believe that Sammy would be ducking the Lucchese's at that time, when he was the underboss of undoubtedly a much more powerful family. He would hit them first.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/16/13 02:46 AM

Carmine the Snake Persico, got shot over 20 times in his life, one of these attempts he was shot in the face, hand and shoulder - then he allegedly spat out the bullet that had entered his face

is this fact? why isnt there a mobsters episode on this guy's life? hes been running it since the 70s and was a powerhouse in his 30s. tried snaking larry gallo like the scene from the godfather. he would of been on the streets seeing that movie like hey i done that! haha what a guy, very undocumented compared to the other bosses. was lifed off in his early 50s. fucking legend. would love to hear some stories from him. but nobody ever will bcos hes real lcn!

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/16/13 02:50 AM

And the scariest of the scary guys are the ones that inflict a huge amount of fear to other made members. eg vito genovese petrified joe valachi-he thout of vito as an all seeing god that could strike him down whenever. or the way jimmy fratianno feared hitman frank the german swcheis- when he had a coincidental spotting of him in his car he flipped immediately. or the way al d arco was so petrified of casso when he flipped.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/16/13 02:52 AM

Boss Luciano (Brains)

Capos

John Gotti

respect your opinion but consider it an extremely poor list..

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/16/13 03:02 AM

I'd be more scared of Sammy Gravano than Al D'arco to be honest. I find it hard to believe that Sammy would be ducking the Lucchese's at that time, when he was the underboss of undoubtedly a much more powerful family. He would hit them first.

The Lucchese's had tons of shooters in that family during that time. Look at the DeCicco murder, ive read some of the Casso and Al's FBI 302's and the Lucchese's sending out numerous hit teams to kill Sammy and Gotti but were always foiled by the media or FBI tails. Gravano knew they were trying to get him.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/16/13 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio

is this fact? why isnt there a mobsters episode on this guy's life? hes been running it since the 70s and was a powerhouse in his 30s. tried snaking larry gallo like the scene from the godfather. he would of been on the streets seeing that movie like hey i done that! haha what a guy, very undocumented compared to the other bosses. was lifed off in his early 50s. fucking legend. would love to hear some stories from him. but nobody ever will bcos hes real lcn!

There is a mobsters episode on carmine.
Posted By: Viceguy

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/17/13 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonic

Also, black people. As in dont smile. As in, Im-so-totally-not-racist-but-black-people-dont-generally-smile-in-pics-and-goddamn-they-look-so-cool...ish.

No wonder I don't get no respect, all that gd grinning! Thanx, Bro. Now on, I aint showing no teeth! ohwell
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/17/13 03:53 PM

Unless u got a grill...

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/17/13 07:59 PM

grin

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/17/13 08:42 PM

Viceguy your black? I swear to god me and u would be best friends. Black people love me. And i make all these racist jokes around black giys, and im not racist ay all but i like to fuck around with them case everyone else is scared to! So black ppl love mee!

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/18/13 10:54 AM

Be cool mad , Skin, you got some uptight anal white cats on these boards. One called me a racist moron dog bigot. First time in my 60 something years for that! Me and my Italian mate of 30 years busted a gut over that one. (guess he thought I was one of yall - love it when whites display delicate sensitivities.)

Racist jokes? C'mon. Shits funny or its not. My boy calls it uncensored thought.

Tell you about the time I tried to register at a mafia hotel? This big neck dude says sorry, we don't serve your kind.
Sorry, I said. You misunderstand. It's not for me; It's for my wife. She your kind.

Skin, hit me on the pm. See what you got.
Posted By: abc123

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/18/13 10:57 AM

Luciano Leggio.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/18/13 06:43 PM

Hey Dapper Don, any chance of posting that link where you read those fbi files ?? cool

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
black ppl love mee!

Don't believe that shit--and if the Shout Box means anything, white folks aint doing flips over ya either lol

just jivin...I'm sure you're a luvable old coot...

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Viceguy
black ppl love mee!

Don't believe that shit--and if the Shout Box means anything, white folks aint doing flips over ya either lol

just jivin...I'm sure you're a luvable old coot...

Only white folks from the midwest hate my ass. Actually theres a pic of me with the BK College HASA club in last yrs yearbook.... I dont go there but i always use that as i striving example of how my brothahs love me. Whats with all this racial tension anyways? We got it in like 6 threads now. Why cant we all be friends???? lol and i am a lovable old coot

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 03:18 PM

Whats with all this racial tension anyways? We got it in like 6 threads now. lol

It all started when I came out...

Skin, we can't lay it on the boards for provoking anything not already evident in society at large. Further, any honest expression about anything should be no call for condemnation long as its aired within the context of the discussion of OC matters and not meant gratuitously to hurt or inflame. Frankly, given the nature of the subject it's somewhat puzzling the matter is only now rearing it's head.

That some folks, even those of the decent sort, have ambivalent feelings about Blks, ie, welfare, violence, etc., is news to no one, for sure. But not talking about it helps, how? What it does do is insures it will be forever remain a cause for alarm when it does come up. And it will, as we see here.

Look. I don't want to read a rant about Blks this and Blks that, spewing hate for the sake of doing so, but certainly a cat saying I feel this, that, or the other because or this, that, or the other, wish I didn't, but I do, is another thing altogether.

I'm not here to make nobody like me. If it happens, cool. But if I can get just one dude to understand me, and me, him, well, then, it's been a good day...he said, as he climbed off the soapbox and gleefully turned back to composing the thread he'd begun moments before about collusion between the KKK and southern OC families...they're really gonna luv this one, he said with a twinkle in his eye.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 03:32 PM

Viceguy, first off let me introduce myself so you may understand me. I am what you would call a modern Archie Bunker, I've always catagoriezed ethnic groups into Micks, Wops, Jews, Polacks etc. it just happened don't ask me how. My wife says I'm a racist and she should know. She is don't know the word for it anymore, mixed, Morena, Mulatto, half breed or whatever other term you want. Her mother was Italian her father was half African( São Tomé) quarter Italian and quater Spanish( from Spain) my wife was raised in Venezuela and moved to the States where she was lucky enough to meet and marry me. Our children are darker than most that are non classified "African American" think if the movie Me, Myself and Irene. Not that dark but its glaring when were all together. So with all this rambling here is my point, and I specifically noted all the origins to make my point. I tell my children DAILY, "it's not what you are, it's who you are" I want them to understand that message clearly.

I want them to understand that message because while yes the economy is brutal these days success is out there for ANYONE willing to work for it. "The Man" isn't creeping around any corners keeping anyone down. Those days like the Mob are pretty much gone. It's almost nonsense to even use the excuse today!
Posted By: cheech

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 03:50 PM

lost my virginity to a colored broad and then married a jew

you tell me?

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 04:38 PM

That's the shit. Man speaking from his heart. He isn't trying to hurt or belittle me personally. He's talking about who he is. Am I offended. Hell no. A cup of coffee with him would be a privilege. All cards on the table. We know where we stand. I have no interest in changing him. If by chance he shifted his view, cool, if not, cool, we'd enjoy the coffee and talk about what we have in common: our interest in LCN. (who says crime don't pay). If more people did what you two guys just demonstrated, well...hey guys, thanks. For real.

Hey, Bro Skin, where's the tension... wink

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 09:42 PM

Viceguy, my man! A true gentleman!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Viceguy
No wonder I don't get no respect, all that gd grinning! Thanx, Bro. Now on, I aint showing no teeth!

That's only because you don't have any tongue grin.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/19/13 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
Hey Dapper Don, any chance of posting that link where you read those fbi files ?? cool

I would if i could bro. It was in the book friends of the family about the mob cops.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 04:05 PM

really i cant find it????
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 05:07 PM

really i cant find it????

Yes there is, about ten people on this forum claim to have it recorded, yet nobody will upload it!
Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 05:31 PM

lol

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 06:59 PM

i really wanna see this!!!

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 07:07 PM

Go to "Mobsters" on Bio! You expect everyone to upload it for you? Do your own legwork! It's not that hard, people have been doing things for themselves for thousands of years. Stop whining and go do it. DapperDon HAS A JOB!
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 07:46 PM

DonMega has uploaded the Persico episode here:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/8FDC614C252AF322#

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Go to "Mobsters" on Bio! You expect everyone to upload it for you? Do your own legwork! It's not that hard, people have been doing things for themselves for thousands of years. Stop whining and go do it. DapperDon HAS A JOB!

Well, the Persico episode isn't currently available on Bio. How is he supposed to get it from there? I too was annoyed by the fact nobody of the people who recorded it did upload it until DonMega has finally made it available.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/20/13 07:51 PM

I don't care where it's available, you missed my point. DonMega found it! All you have to do is look. He could have found it in the same amount of time as he did bitching because nobody uploaded it for him.
Posted By: DoctorTwink

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/07/14 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

lol You have no idea. Sometimes I scare myself at just how big.

I get what you're saying and I agree it's all in the eyes...and this guy was certainly a killer, no doubt. Just... his eyes don't seem to have that killer look about them that some of the other guys have. Also, if you've ever noticed, many Sicilian men never smile in pics and give off a kind of evil look.

That's not true at all about Sicilian men. How you claimed that they don't, never, or rarely smile, look evil, that they get angry via their eyes, etc.

Where do you come up with this BS?
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/07/14 09:25 PM

Joey Vento - who knows how many fatal heart attacks that guy caused? lol
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/08/14 01:11 AM

Why would any white folks from the Midwest hate you?
Posted By: HuronSocialAthletic

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/08/14 01:11 AM

Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/08/14 07:58 AM

The Lucchese's had tons of shooters in that family during that time. Look at the DeCicco murder, ive read some of the Casso and Al's FBI 302's and the Lucchese's sending out numerous hit teams to kill Sammy and Gotti but were always foiled by the media or FBI tails. Gravano knew they were trying to get him.

Agreed. Lucchese gangsters like Georgie Zappola, Frank Lastorino, Bones Papagni, and George Conte were all exalted by other mobsters as the most prolific killers during the late 80s and early 90s.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/08/14 10:39 AM

Has to be Mad Sam or 'Karate', those guys were genuine psychopaths.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/09/14 09:39 PM

How about Anthony ":Tony Roach" Rampino, now deceased who was a member of the Gotti crew. There is a photo of him in "Mob Star" in his younger years and he looked like a real badass. Gotti did use him to intimidate people but unfortunately he became a heroin addict and went on to serve many years in prison where he died. A friend of mine used to be a prison guard at Attica and told me Roach never gave the guards ant problems
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/09/14 09:54 PM

Ronnie one arm one scary and tough guy.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/09/14 09:56 PM

He one cadaverous looking mofo.
Posted By: stevietro

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 07/10/14 06:51 AM

Bagarella was defo a scary guy. The most brutal Mafia in Italy has to be the'Ndrangheta they will wipe out entire families, women and children included. There have even been stories of Mafioso killing their own sisters in Calabria's own version of honour killings. The most brutal mobster for me though is Pino Greco, he took great pride in his work as the Corleonesi's top hitman.
Posted By: RedBullets

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/03/15 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: stevietro
Bagarella was defo a scary guy. The most brutal Mafia in Italy has to be the'Ndrangheta they will wipe out entire families, women and children included. There have even been stories of Mafioso killing their own sisters in Calabria's own version of honour killings. The most brutal mobster for me though is Pino Greco, he took great pride in his work as the Corleonesi's top hitman.

Luciano Leggio was the scariest of them all to me. Greco was like a Sammy Gravano, whereas Leggio was an Anastasia. He killed so many innocent people. When he fled to Milan, there was a guy he spotted who he suspected of killing one of his closest friends. He killed the guy personally. Then, he invited the guys wife and daughter over to his house. He raped and strangled them both. Then, the guy had a cousin who went to Milan and was looking for him, and he killed him just because.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/03/15 04:20 PM

would not the most vicious one be the one who ordered the most murders, if this is a yardstick as to the scariest, then that honor would have to go to albert Anastasia.

if this guy didn't like your looks, he would have you killed.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/03/15 07:03 PM

I think you guys talking about Sicily are forgetting about Giovanni Brusca, one of Riina's top hitmen, like what he did to that kid of one of the pentiti.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/04/15 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
would not the most vicious one be the one who ordered the most murders, if this is a yardstick as to the scariest, then that honor would have to go to albert Anastasia.

That's true isn't it Binnie.

Looks like the Commission, or the deciding powers on the Commission [who approved of whacking him], got it right that time.
Posted By: night_timer

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/04/15 10:36 AM

Guys, I just remembered, I know we're talking about mafia gangsters, but beheadings by the crazy arab folks must ace anything Murder Inc etc did - I can't imagine Anastasia cutting a live guy's head off in front of his crew? I might be wrong...

Tommy Pitera beheaded bodies, but only after they were dead. He was into dismemberment as much as the DeMeo crew.

Scariest guys were Pitera, DeMeo, Mirra and Dellacroce. There was some sick fucks in Chicago too, but I'm hopeless with names.

Pitera could've made something of his life outside organized crime. His long sabbatical to Japan almost made him look intelligent and cultured, but he was probably a victim of his screwed-up childhood. Some of his killing habits were more like a sociopathic serial killer.

Pitera worked under a guy in the Bonanno family nicknamed 'whack whack' due to the number of killings he did or ordered. Pitera got life for six murders, but there must have been a lot more dead bodies than that.

Unlike the other LCN families, the Bonanno's never pretended that they don't sling drugs.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/04/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo

That's true isn't it Binnie.

Looks like the Commission, or the deciding powers on the Commission [who approved of whacking him], got it right that time.

hello alpha... yes, Anastasia was a tempermental cold blooded killer. he would have to rank up there pretty high.

and he was scary, because he was a boss. and he loved to kill.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: GaryH
In the USA, Tony Mirra takes some beating.
Joe Pistone said that other mob guys pretended to be his friend just to pacify him - he was a dangerous dude.
But yeah, there are some really scary stories about Camorra men!

You'll find that "pretending to like someone to keep yourself safe & well" is a common theme within the mob. Nothing spectacular. U go to work & pretend to like your boss even though u can't stand their guts for job security. Same thing with mob guys

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: night_timer

Tommy Pitera beheaded bodies, but only after they were dead. He was into dismemberment as much as the DeMeo crew.

Scariest guys were Pitera, DeMeo, Mirra and Dellacroce. There was some sick fucks in Chicago too, but I'm hopeless with names.

Pitera could've made something of his life outside organized crime. His long sabbatical to Japan almost made him look intelligent and cultured, but he was probably a victim of his screwed-up childhood. Some of his killing habits were more like a sociopathic serial killer.

Pitera worked under a guy in the Bonanno family nicknamed 'whack whack' due to the number of killings he did or ordered. Pitera got life for six murders, but there must have been a lot more dead bodies than that.

Unlike the other LCN families, the Bonanno's never pretended that they don't sling drugs.

Whack whack was Bruno Indelicato
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 08:37 AM

Why Dellacroce? Because he "looked" scary according to Ralph Salerno?

Galante was supposed to be very mean, I'm not sure how much mean translates over to scary but depends on how you define scary I suppose. Does that include fear/being feared? Certainly all those men were feared.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 12:08 PM

Scariest guys in the mob did u ask?

1. Tommy Gambino, his blink sent shivers down many spines & who else can claim to be the toughest dress maker in NY?!

2. Albert Demeo- no doubt he inherited his dad's toughness. He met with the twins several times after knowing they were prob responsible for whacking his old man. That took balls of steel.

3. John Gotti's coffee boy Norman DuPont. He was the most dangerous coffee boy & even bashed an off duty cop with a brick

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion

Why Dellacroce? Because he "looked" scary according to Ralph Salerno?

Galante was supposed to be very mean, I'm not sure how much mean translates over to scary but depends on how you define scary I suppose. Does that include fear/being feared? Certainly all those men were feared.

Neil according to Gotti was a "man's man, he would tell a motherfuker to his face he was a motherfuker"

If Gotti says Neil was fearless then that is good enough for me. Considering Gotti bashes everyone
Posted By: bronx

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 01:25 PM

scarfo, gas, they were bosses..and when called in you didn't know if you were going to leave..killing their guys for no reason..that is scary , you do nothing wrong and are afraid to meet with the bosses or his crew..
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 01:41 PM

Greg Scarpa because he played both sides. The man had no loyalty. A true sociopath.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/05/15 02:22 PM

very true, is in the top 5 for me.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/06/15 04:40 AM

Now that's a factoid I didn't know. Whack Whack and Tommy Karate were rolling together. That is very scary. Whack Whack got his name supposedly due to the sheer speed with which he would dispatch an individual. In every photo he seems to be laughing his ass off, as if the wiseguys off camera find his aptitude for unpredictable deadliness an inside joke...and as if they are making him laugh right before they snap the picture. I don't think I have ever seen such a happy mirthful mafia guy before, anywhere, ever. But his amusement is that of a wild man. It's disturbing.

Tommy Karate needs no introduction.

Between those two, and the Gemini Twins, it's hard to choose who is scarier. I think most people would quickly leave a room with either of those two pairs present. By the way, Tommy Pitera's recent jailhouse photo is probably the most hideous looking ugly person I have ever seen. I doubt he looked that ugly when he was actually out on the street strutting around like a pale maniacal Jean Claude Van Damme whacking guys left and right.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/06/15 04:44 AM

Do you have a picture, Alfa? Of Tommy Pitera in prison.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/06/15 05:00 AM

Originally Posted By: CleanBandit

No, but it's on this board. And damn was it ugly. He looked as if his face was melting. I don't know how else to describe it. He wasn't smiling. His face just looked as if it was melting down in a permanent frown and you could barely see his eyes. At least that's the impression the photo had on me. I was taken aback at the sheer ugliness of it. He looked every bit the killer he was and is.

The only other mobster I can think of who was pale like Tommy Karate, and Tommy still looked pale even in his jailhouse photo....is Dracula Guglielmo. Now Dracula is rumored to have been a bit of a cannibal with the blood rituals of Demeo crew victims. I am thinking his pallor came from imbibing blood. Because of that, and this is just my opinion, it occurred to me that Tommy Karate might have engaged in some sort of cannibalism also, since he was, and is, so inexplicably pale. Even if I am wrong, I'm not far off because Karate was collecting artifacts from his victims, like jewelry and ears.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/06/15 05:19 AM

Well, that's what being in prison for so long does to you, I guess lol.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/06/15 05:21 AM

Well, that's what being in prison for so long does to you, I guess lol.

LOL. I really don't think so.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/06/15 01:06 PM

Just do a google search for "Tommy Pitera Painting"

It is the most recent one from 2013 I think.
I believe some tried to sell one of his birdie paintings for like $800 on some site.
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 12:14 AM

Goddamn, he got old. Even The Mona Lisa is falling apart...

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 04:21 AM

Holy shit, the one one the right... He looks like he's trying to smile but isn't capable of doing it.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 09:48 AM

Holy shit, the one one the right... He looks like he's trying to smile but isn't capable of doing it.

Is that ugly or what?
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 12:19 PM

Maybe not THE scariest, but didn't The Outfit's James Inendino use to gouge out someone's eyes with an ice pick when the person in question failed to repay his debt? If that's not gruesome, I don't know what is.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 12:59 PM

My old man

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 04:38 PM

Is that ugly or what?

alpha.. I saw a picture of tony mirra once, and like pietra he was gruesome.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/07/15 05:15 PM

Mirra was said to be relatively good looking if I recall correctly.

As for the Pitera pic, I've seen that a while ago, true that prison hasn't been too kind on him but I wouldn't say that he looks absolutely hideous, considering everything (how long he's been in, etc)... I mean not as horrible as Alfa says anyway.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/08/15 12:47 AM

Barack Obama
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/08/15 12:51 AM

Idk if I'd believe Al honestly. I find it hard to believe that Sammy(who has a reputation of being tough as nails) would be scared of little Al D'Arco. I liked the book but he also said that his friend Ralphie something slapped Benny Mangano around.

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/08/15 04:54 AM

Is that ugly or what?

alpha.. I saw a picture of tony mirra once, and like pietra he was gruesome.

Hi Binnie, yes gruesome is the right word.

Another truly scary guy, was Lupo. Lupo the wolf's mug shot when he was young looked just so filthy. He looked like he hadn't taken a bath in about a month cause he was too busy murdering Italian immigrants down at the murder stables. Disgusting. Then you look at the mug shot taken of him when he is elderly. That photo looks like a clean person, not even overweight, clean hair, etc, except for one thing....he's leering sideways into the camera like he's about to kill the camera man. He was an animal. And a scary one.

Edit: Another scary sonofagun, is Red Levine, a natural born killer. His mugshot looks off. You can tell just by looking at it how Maranzano must have felt. At first glance he thinks the guy is an IRS agent, and then upon closer inspection, he notices the slovenliness of the person, the dismal look in his drooping eyes, the pockmarks on the face, the thick leather like skin, the almost pig like appearance. Red Levine was not ugly in the aesthetic sense. He was hideous in some other way that's difficult for me to articulate. Many mob guys look genuinely menacing, like they are out for revenge or have some diabolical aim. Red wasn't scary looking that way (to me). Red looked deadly, but sad. Can't explain it much better than that.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Scariest of the scary guys? - 03/08/15 09:30 AM

Joe bilotti was allegedly a pretty fearsome guy
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET