Home

Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night

Posted By: eurodave

Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 03:09 PM

Jarry St. E. shooting may be Mafia-related

By Jan Ravensbergen, The Gazette December 14, 2011 9:42 AM

MONTREAL – Police refused Wednesday morning to confirm a report that the 48-year-old man shot and critically wounded outside a Jarry St. E. restaurant Tuesday night is Antonio Pietrantonio – a reputed mobster with links to the embattled Rizzuto clan.

Police were called to the scene, corner Chambord St., at 8:50 p.m.

The shooting took place near the entrance to the Imperio restaurant, a Portuguese dining spot just south of the Metropolitan Expressway between Christophe Colomb and Papineau Aves.

The man remains in critical but stable condition in hospital, Constable Yannick Ouimet of Montreal police said.

Ouimet refused to confirm the target's identity.

However, he added, the method used in the gangland-style hit – one or more suspects escaped in a car that was found torched several blocks away – is consistent with organized-crime tactics.

Arson-squad investigators have been assigned to the burned-out vehicle, found about 9:20 p.m. near the corner of Jacques-Casault and Joseph-Quintal Sts.

Ouimet said that he might be able to confirm sometime later Wednesday a report that the car had been stolen prior to the shooting.

The victim was shot in the upper body, Ouimet said.

Ouimet said he couldn't say whether the victim had been hit by more than a single bullet.

Given his medical condition, Ouimet said, the victim hasn't yet been questioned by investigators.

Ouimet said he was not in a position to say how many gunmen were involved in the attack, or provide descriptions.

Pietrantonio is said to carry the nickname Tony Suzuki, apparently reflecting his association with one or more Montreal-region car dealerships.

Ouimet also wouldn't confirm a report that Lorenzo Lopresti, shot and killed recently while grabbing a smoke on his condo balcony in St. Laurent, had been the right-hand man of the Jarry E. victim.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Jarry+sh ... z1gWLp58hz
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 04:38 PM

It's getting pretty clear now that there are indeed groups or individuals fighting each other.
Posted By: Tonymtl

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 05:09 PM

I told you guys he'd be next.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonymtl

Yes you did. I remember you saying so.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 05:19 PM

So you think this is a retaliation for the murder of Montagna? And what about LoPresti, was he with Montagna or against him? It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 05:27 PM

I'm confused myself but I know that Suzuki was a trusted RIZZUTO family member. I know for sure that Suzuki was seeking revenge for Loprestis murder. Lopresti got killed before Sal and know Suzuki gets attempted.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 05:31 PM

I'm confused myself but I know that Suzuki was a trusted RIZZUTO family member. I know for sure that Suzuki was seeking revenge for Loprestis murder. Lopresti got killed before Sal and know Suzuki gets attempted.

You did predict Tony Suzuki would be next because he was intended to be Sal's next victim but Suzuki struck first. This is probably in retaliation to Montagna and the new regime if what you say is true.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 06:01 PM

Just got news that Suzuki is still a RIZZUTO loyalist and has not changed regime.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 06:10 PM

Just got news that Suzuki is still a RIZZUTO loyalist and has not changed regime.

So it`s most probably retaliation from Montagnas coalition, Ontario included.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 06:19 PM

Is it possible that they are all being taken out due to Sicilian descent, including Sal? I had read earlier that Lopresti's killing was a warning to Montagna to back off. Now you're saying that Montagna was responsible. Could the talks have fallen through and they are now back to killing everyone with Rizzuto ties?
Posted By: m2w

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 08:21 PM

lo presti and pietrantonio are not allied of the rizzuto's, it's evident it's a war between rizzuto loyalists and bonanno zips who want take over montreal
i also think at this point that cun trera was not on rizzuto's side anymore

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w

That is a very good assumption. wink

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 08:39 PM

lo presti and pietrantonio are not allied of the rizzuto's, it's evident it's a war between rizzuto loyalists and bonanno zips who want take over montreal

Horrible assumption.....[BadWord] stepped in as interim boss for the Rizzuto organization once Renda and Nick Jr were gone.

He was the boss of St Leonard and had an iron grip on a lot restos in Montreal. Many people were happy to see him go.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: eurodave

Horrible assumption.....[BadWord] stepped in as interim boss for the Rizzuto organization once Renda and Nick Jr were gone.

He was the boss of St Leonard and had an iron grip on a lot restos in Montreal. Many people were happy to see him go.

I'm sure we're all aware of that. But you'll be surprised to find out where Cun trera falls today.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 09:18 PM

totally false that [BadWord] was not on rizzutos side anymore. Everyone knows [BadWord] would never turn on the rizzutos. Total BS.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 09:26 PM

totally false that [BadWord] was not on rizzutos side anymore. Everyone knows [BadWord] would never turn on the rizzutos. Total BS.

Exactly.......either way he`s dead now and it doesnt make much of a difference.

The Arcuris might be the next target, but that`s just a guess.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Horrible assumption.....Cun trera stepped in as interim boss for the Rizzuto organization once Renda and Nick Jr were gone.

I'm sure we're all aware of that. But you'll be surprised to find out where Cun trera falls today.

totally false that cun trera was not on rizzutos side anymore. Everyone knows Cun trera would never turn on the rizzutos. Total BS.

Dave:

I think you and carmela have similar views about the situation in Montreal, specifically about the behind-the-scenes players who are not in Quebec and about their discreet manoeuvring.

For example, carmela can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that she, like you, recognizes the significance of the interaction in the last few years between Giuseppe "Big Joe" Cun trera of the Toronto area (Sicilian Cosa Nostra) and Giuseppe Coluccio of Marina di Gioiosa Ionica ('ndrangheta).

carmela, I want to emphasize that, as I wrote above, you should correct me if I'm wrong. I also apologize in advance if I've misinterpreted your view.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 09:46 PM

Or the Arcuri's are behind all this.

Dave, just for the record, you heard that LoPresti was told to cool down, he didn't, and he was killed. According to you're sources it were Sicilians who warned LoPresti. So these Sicilians wouldn't happen to be the Arcuri's? Are Sicilians fighting each other? Or did the Sicilians told LoPresti to cool down and killed him, while also battling other groups at the same time? Or is it that LoPresti was told to cool down by his friends and then killed by another group? Please be more specific.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Or the Arcuri's are behind all this.

Dave, just for the record, you heard that LoPresti was told to cool down, he didn't, and he was killed. According to you're sources it were Sicilians who warned LoPresti. So these Sicilians wouldn't happen to be the Arcuri's? Are Sicilians fighting each other? Or did the Sicilians told LoPresti to cool down and killed him, while also battling other groups at the same time? Or is it that LoPresti was told to cool down by his friends and then killed by another group? Please be more specific.

All I heard from Sicilian sources was that Lopresti was being told to cool down and not be so rash. I can`t expand more than that. He was told by his own people, Cattolichese, that he should lay low for a bit.

Hope that helps.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: antimafia

Horrible assumption.....Cun trera stepped in as interim boss for the Rizzuto organization once Renda and Nick Jr were gone.

totally false that cun trera was not on rizzutos side anymore. Everyone knows Cun trera would never turn on the rizzutos. Total BS.

Dave:

I think you and carmela have similar views about the situation in Montreal, specifically about the behind-the-scenes players who are not in Quebec and about their discreet manoeuvring.

For example, carmela can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that she, like you, recognizes the significance of the interaction in the last few years between Giuseppe "Big Joe" Cun trera of the Toronto area (Sicilian Cosa Nostra) and Giuseppe Coluccio of Marina di Gioiosa Ionica ('ndrangheta).

carmela, I want to emphasize that, as I wrote above, you should correct me if I'm wrong. I also apologize in advance if I've misinterpreted your view.

The whole [BadWord]-Coluccio interaction is a key factor in all of this, even though some people might disagree. The true Sicilian Cosa Nostra members in NYC and Canada who are not Rizzuto loyalists anymore seem to have very close ties to the Siderno Group, which just so happens to be a major cocaine distributor.

Also of importance, many Palermo families are now tied to the ndrangheta or affiliated with them, mainly for the purpose of drug trafficking. I dont think one can overlook these international factors.

As was reported by somebody on the real deal, Rizzuto had become a sort of Canadian super-boss before his arrest for the Italian clans in Canada. Once he was arrested and his family indicted in 2006, both internal and external forces decided to clean house.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 10:05 PM

maybe yes, maybe not, according to the articles every single people killed was rizzuto ally and it's impossible
bruni, di salvo, del peschio, [BadWord], montagna etc, etc, yeah all members of montreal mafia but who really knows if they are still rizzuto allies?
like i said before the rizzuto's killed lo presti's father so it's plausible, VERY plausible he was not on the rizzuto's side

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 10:42 PM

Rizzutos didn't kill Joe Lopresti. Gerlando Sciascia did. Sciascia was a Captain and Joe and Vito were Bonanno made members.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 10:56 PM

Rizzutos didn't kill Joe Lopresti. Gerlando Sciascia did. Sciascia was a Captain and Joe and Vito were Bonanno made members.

But LoPresti was supposedly very close to the Rizzutos, as was Sciascia. Wouldn't that murder have affected the relationship between Sciascia and the Rizzutos? When Sciascia was killed, the Rizzutos were supposedly upset about that.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 11:06 PM

Dave:

I'm on board with all of this. My feelings parallel eurodave's a great deal. But everytime something else happens up there, my head spins just a bit more.

antimafia, you are one of the greatest posters I've come across, between all your knowledge, coupled with your eloquence and politeness in your posts. You know I don't throw around compliments, but I'm always in awe of you.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/14/11 11:19 PM

[quote=m2w]lo presti and pietrantonio are not allied of the rizzuto's, it's evident it's a war between rizzuto loyalists and bonanno zips who want take over montreal

Dave:

I'm on board with all of this. My feelings parallel eurodave's a great deal. But everytime something else happens up there, my head spins just a bit more.

antimafia, you are one of the greatest posters I've come across, between all your knowledge, coupled with your eloquence and politeness in your posts. You know I don't throw around compliments, but I'm always in awe of you. [/quote]

Good point...........with all the recent murders or attempted hits, I'm also getting a headache from trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Time will tell.
Posted By: Mooney

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 12:29 AM

why the hell aren't these guys taking it to the mattresses already? Its obvious it's a full on war at this point, why aren't they underground? I certainly wouldn't be grabbing a bite to eat at night time at a restaurant.

How are hit men just running up on all these guys?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 01:53 AM

When Vito begins throwing his millions at assassins for vengeance it's gonna get even uglier in Montreal. There are years to come. It's probably already happening. Think about it. The rizzutos were global. Not some US crew trying to make a dollar. It's gonna happen if they don't get him. And believe me he's organizing.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 04:09 AM

Lopresti became a liability. He had a substance abuse problem. This didn't sit well with George.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 04:46 AM

When Vito begins throwing his millions at assassins for vengeance it's gonna get even uglier in Montreal. There are years to come. It's probably already happening. Think about it. The rizzutos were global. Not some US crew trying to make a dollar. It's gonna happen if they don't get him. And believe me he's organizing.

At this point, they'll probably get him.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 10:18 AM

How could he organize from jail?
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 10:51 AM

I dont think that, its a fact that the Rizzutos are finished. And with that also the Bonanno influence in that area. What could Vito possibly do after all this? He must be praying that hes locked up safe with all these things going around.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin

I dont think that, its a fact that the Rizzutos are finished. And with that also the Bonanno influence in that area. What could Vito possibly do after all this? He must be praying that hes locked up safe with all these things going around.

It's not a fact, only an assumption. And there are more Bonanno members in Montreal than just the Rizzutos, Arcuri being probably one.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 02:35 PM

He's coming out October 2012 maybe even sooner. I've also heard rumours that his immediate family is relocating to western Canada. And by the way it's very easy to send messages through prison visitors. Money buys power. He's sons death will be avenged for sure.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 03:02 PM

Quote:

the influence of the bonanno's ended because of the rizzuto's, the rizzuto's cut their links with new york and the actual war is because the bonanno's want to take montreal again
it's obvious that the war started when montagna was deported there and sal catalano released from prison
if the attack came from ontario, cotroni or whoever from canada it would start suddenly after the operation colisee in 2006, why they should wait so much to start attacking

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 03:03 PM

French news this morning cited that sources had seen Tony Suzuki at a meeting with a lawyer and a high-ranking street gang member in little Italy last month. I recall hearing that lopresti was there too. The burnt car found 2 blocks away from the attempted Suzuki hit is a biker signature. Don't leave out the bikers and street gangs. More confusion to what's going on guys.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 03:16 PM

the bikers have nothing to do with it, the burnt car is used in mafia killing i don't know the bikers tactic... the bikers couldn't know even where to start a war against the mafia and viceversa

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 03:32 PM

You never know. The narcotics trade is very dangerous. I hope your right. Remember what Vito told law enforcement agents when he got extradited. " you're making a big mistake taking me away, be careful of the blacks (street gangs).

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 03:43 PM

He's in coma.

Could it be work of the bikers and street gangs?.....most definitely but behind that is something bigger, something more international.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 03:44 PM

street gangs don't know even mafia hierarchy, they couldn't know where to start in case of a war
it's obviously an internal war

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 04:15 PM

MONTREAL – It now resembles a hit list – the names of a trio police sources say were major players in an attempt to reach a consensus over who should assume control over the Mafia in Montreal.

Montreal businessman Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio is the latest target in a series of shootings that began in September.

Pietrantonio, 48, was left in critical condition after being shot Tuesday night near the entrance of Restaurant Imperio, a Portuguese grill in a strip mall on Jarry St. E. near Chambord St.

He was taken to hospital and on Thursday morning remained in an artificial coma, listed in critical but stable condition, said Montreal police Constable Yannick Ouimet.

"It's going to be at least another 24 hours" before investigators may be able to start questioning Pietrantonio, Ouimet said at 7:30 a.m. Thursday.

The attempt on Pietrantonio’s life follows the Nov. 24 slaying of Salvatore (Sal the Ironworker) Montagna on an island just east of Montreal and a Sept. 16 attempt on the life of Raynald Desjardins in Laval.

In 1993, Pietrantonio and Desjardins were arrested together in an RCMP investigation dubbed Project Jaggy, which uncovered a conspiracy between Mafia members and Hells Angels to smuggle cocaine into Canada.

In 1995, Pietrantonio was sentenced to a three-year prison term after he pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge in the case.

According to a National Parole Board decision the following year, Pietrantonio – at age 33 – was already considered by police to be an influential organized crime figure.

Pietrantonio might have known his life was in danger after someone shot Lorenzo (Larry) LoPresti, 40, to death on a condo balcony in St. Laurent Oct. 24.

Police sources repeated Wednesday that LoPresti – considered an associate of Pietrantonio in the parking-lot business in downtown Montreal – appeared to have been acting as Pietrantonio’s right-hand man when he was hit.

Pietrantonio hasn’t been charged with a crime since 1993.

During a 2005 trial, he was alleged to have been involved in an alleged plot to smuggle cocaine into Canada.

An investigation in that case produced drug conspiracy charges against a Montreal lawyer that were eventually tossed out.

Pietrantonio was not charged in the case.

His name also appears in court documents filed in Project Colisée, the police crackdown on organized crime that helped create the apparent void in the Mob.

Conversations recorded secretly during Colisée indicated Pietrantonio was someone to whom Mafia leaders turned to at least twice to help resolve conflicts.

His only other convictions date back to 1992, when he pleaded guilty to possessing a concealed weapon and a listening device that only police can legally possess.

Pietrantonio's nickname – Tony Suzuki – is an apparent reference to a car dealership he part-owned in eastern Montreal until 2007.

According to the Quebec business registry, Pietrantonio is the head of a numbered corporation based in St. Léonard that controls many companies, including construction firms.

Desjardins is also reportedly involved in a construction company.

Montagna, meanwhile, was believed to have been shaking down construction companies in the Montreal area – something police suspect he also did in New York before he was deported to Canada in 2009.

According to police sources, in the months leading to September the three men had been attempting to reach a consensus over who should act as the next leaders among the Mafia in Montreal.

A fourth man, Joseph (Jos) Di Maulo, 69, also was alleged to be part of the group.

Di Maulo’s reputed ties to the Mafia date back decades.

No arrests have been made in the shooting of Pietrantonio.

An abandoned car that was set on fire at Jacques Casault and Joseph Quintal Sts. shortly after the shooting, apparently used by one or more gunmen to flee the scene of the attack on Pietrantonio, had been reported stolen prior to the 8:50 p.m. hit attempt, Constable Anie Lemieux, another police spokesperson, said.

Jan Ravensbergen of The Gazette contributed to this story.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Thi ... z1gcUPRvA0

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 05:01 PM

The article indicates that Pietrantonio and Desjardins might be on the same side. Not suprisingly both faced an attempt on their lives. If Suziki's group took out Montagna, it might have been a major blow to the Ontario criminals because Montagna was probably their man in Montreal.

Also, the initial killings differ from the latest ones. There were months between the kidnapping of Renda, the murder of [BadWord] and the murder of Rizzuto, and all succeeded, suggesting that these were carefully planned.

However, the latest attempts seem to be rather clumsy, considering that two out of 4 failed, and the another one almost failed (Montagna). Also, these latest attempts followed in rapid succession, indicating that there's now a war going on.

That failed mob meeting in September supports this theory.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 05:41 PM

lopresti should be on the same side of pietrantonio too according to the articles

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 07:52 PM

Thats a good theory and probably closest to the truth.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 08:04 PM

The article indicates that Pietrantonio and Desjardins might be on the same side. Not suprisingly both faced an attempt on their lives. If Suziki's group took out Montagna, it might have been a major blow to the Ontario criminals because Montagna was probably their man in Montreal.

Also, the initial killings differ from the latest ones. There were months between the kidnapping of Renda, the murder of [BadWord] and the murder of Rizzuto, and all succeeded, suggesting that these were carefully planned.

However, the latest attempts seem to be rather clumsy, considering that two out of 4 failed, and the another one almost failed (Montagna). Also, these latest attempts followed in rapid succession, indicating that there's now a war going on.

That failed mob meeting in September supports this theory.

That's a very good theory and supports the idea put forward by the media that the coalition of clans who took out the Rizzuto clan is now fighting over the spoils.

Desjardins,Lopresti and Suzuki were probably part of the same group.
Posted By: spartan

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 08:23 PM

He's coming out October 2012 maybe even sooner. I've also heard rumours that his immediate family is relocating to western Canada. And by the way it's very easy to send messages through prison visitors. Money buys power. He's sons death will be avenged for sure.

It's not easy to send messages in maximum security prisons in Canada and I would think it's even tougher in the US.

Isn't he in the supermax in Colorado? It would be VERY tough to get any messages out of there with respect to a mafia war etc. Next to impossible. Vito Rizzuto must be almost mad, stuck in prison, unable to do absolutely anything.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: spartan
Isn't he in the supermax in Colorado? It would be VERY tough to get any messages out of there with respect to a mafia war etc. Next to impossible. Vito Rizzuto must be almost mad, stuck in prison, unable to do absolutely anything.

But he has a LOT of time to think about what he is gonna do. That's practically the only thing he can do atm. I don't see him being able to organize anything other than his thoughts.

I also think that this take-over wasn't necessarily aimed at Vito Rizzuto himself.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 09:33 PM

That's a very good theory and supports the idea put forward by the media that the coalition of clans who took out the Rizzuto clan is now fighting over the spoils.

What keeps me wondering is what the relationship between Desjardins and Di Maulo is today. I would think that they are still befriended, considering their family history.

However, it makes things even more confusing, because if Desjardins and Suzuki are allied, where do we place Di Maulo then, and possibly the Cotronis? The easiest answer would be that Di Maulo isn't actively involved, considering that he's apparantly 69 years old.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/15/11 09:44 PM

What keeps me wondering is what the relationship between Desjardins and Di Maulo is today. I would think that they are still befriended, considering their family history.

However, it makes things even more confusing, because if Desjardins and Suzuki are allied, where do we place Di Maulo then, and possibly the Cotronis? The easiest answer would be that Di Maulo isn't actively involved, considering that he's apparantly 69 years old.

It`s very confusing but ultimately we can see that like you said, theres has been a twofold strategy here.

First part of the plan was to eliminate the Rizzuto leadership, which for the most part was accomplished.

Now it seems that the allies are fighting over the spoils and do not want to answer to any external sources(Ontario-NYC).

The recent string of murders seems to be more internal, but it`s all very confusing.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 12:01 AM

Eurodave, I don't think Ontario guys ever wanted to "take over" Montreal or have guys answer to them. It's more about some revenge and having Montreal stay way clear of Ontario. Plus, Ontario's way of showing they can mess around in Montreal the same way the Rizzutos thought they could operate in Toronto.

I have heard Ontario guys have been to Montreal and got up and left during meetings apparently upset.....do you have any word on which Ontario groups were in Montreal meetings? Are there any names that floated around in Montreal?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 12:09 AM

Eurodave, I don't think Ontario guys ever wanted to "take over" Montreal or have guys answer to them. It's more about some revenge and having Montreal stay way clear of Ontario. Plus, Ontario's way of showing they can mess around in Montreal the same way the Rizzutos thought they could operate in Toronto.

I have heard Ontario guys have been to Montreal and got up and left during meetings apparently upset.....do you have any word on which Ontario groups were in Montreal meetings? Are there any names that floated around in Montreal?

You're right that they don't want to take over Montreal directly, but I'm sure some form of tribute has to be sent back to Ontario and some new commercial deals have been brokered.

As to which Ontario groups, it's probably the usual suspects Hamilton etc..

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 12:26 AM

You're right that they don't want to take over Montreal directly, but I'm sure some form of tribute has to be sent back to Ontario and some new commercial deals have been brokered.

You think the Ontario guys will want "tribute"? I can see new commercial deals being brokered, but the Ontario guys are so wealthy (and the Montreal guys so hard headed), "tribute" might be a tricky subject. So many guys getting juiced by the Rizzuto inner circle led to this. Obviously the Violis/Luppinos wanted revenge (for obvious reasons) but in general I think Ontario mobsters work on the principle of "high fences make good neighbours"....so the Quebec guys do their thing and Ontario does it's own. Plus, I don't think people realize how much the degenerate Panepinto upset Toronto's Ndrangheta Clans.

As for Hamilton, I don't think a lot of people in North America understand how serious Hamilton is when it comes to OC. I personally think they place is a dirt hole, but when it comes to OC Hamilton is the real deal. It is by far Canada's shadiest city (yes, even more than Montreal).

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 12:30 AM

You think the Ontario guys will want "tribute"? I can see new commercial deals being brokered, but the Ontario guys are so wealthy (and the Montreal guys so hard headed), "tribute" might be a tricky subject. So many guys getting juiced by the Rizzuto inner circle led to this. Obviously the Violis/Luppinos wanted revenge (for obvious reasons) but in general I think Ontario mobsters work on the principle of "high fences make good neighbours"....so the Quebec guys do their thing and Ontario does it's own. Plus, I don't think people realize how much the degenerate Panepinto upset Toronto's Ndrangheta Clans.

As for Hamilton, I don't think a lot of people in North America understand how serious Hamilton is when it comes to OC. I personally think they place is a dirt hole, but when it comes to OC Hamilton is the real deal. It is by far Canada's shadiest city (yes, even more than Montreal).

I was in Hamilton two months ago for a CFL game and I got that same vibe. There's no doubt that there are some serious crime families such as the Luppinos, Violis, Papalia and Musitanos. Weren't the Musitanos responsible for killing Papalia and Barillaro?

As for tribute, I mentioned that because a local journalist said that the attempt on Desjardins was partially because he had refused to pay tribute to the new powers of Hamilton. Both Dupuis and Auger said it.

Montreal-Hamilton-Toronto are way more interconnected than people think.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 12:49 AM

I was in Hamilton two months ago for a CFL game and I got that same vibe. There's no doubt that there are some serious crime families such as the Luppinos, Violis, Papalia and Musitanos. Weren't the Musitanos responsible for killing Papalia and Barillaro?

As for tribute, I mentioned that because a local journalist said that the attempt on Desjardins was partially because he had refused to pay tribute to the new powers of Hamilton. Both Dupuis and Auger said it.

Montreal-Hamilton-Toronto are way more interconnected than people think.

Yes, the Musitanos did kill Papalia and Barillaro (both of whom no one liked anyway). There was also rumour of them wanting to go after the Luppinos but that was just media fantasy. The Luppinos are in a different league.

The Luppinos (and Violis by extension) are big time and are actually very feared but very well liked (the Hells Angels in Ontario look up to them). I think Desjardins "paying tribute" is more about submission than it is money and profit. A frenchman like Desjardins would have no choice but to submit to the Luppinos. The Luppinos/Violis would have the entire backing of the Ontario Calabrian Clans and Desjardins doesn't stand a chance.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 12:55 AM

Spartan,

When were the Musitanos released form jail and why are they often considered second tier?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 01:07 AM

Spartan,

When were the Musitanos released form jail and why are they often considered second tier?

I think they were released in 2007/08, but I'm not sure.

Their operations are not as big as other families/Clans. They are not involved in as much legitimate business as the other families/Clans (so have less cash flow). In terms of numbers they are much smaller. Their claim to fame is getting a reject ex-biker to kill Papalia and Barillaro (a crime in which the reject confessed).

If for example, the Musitanos dared move against the Commissos, they'd be finished within a month. They simply don't have the money, manpower, prestige, or allies....and they are not integrated into Ontario's Ndrangheta structure.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 01:10 AM

Spartan,

Their operations are not as big as other families/Clans. They are not involved in as much legitimate business as the other families/Clans (so have less cash flow). In terms of numbers they are much smaller. Their claim to fame is getting a reject ex-biker to kill Papalia and Barillaro (a crime in which the reject confessed).

If for example, the Musitanos dared move against the Commissos, they'd be finished within a month. They simply don't have the money, manpower, prestige, or allies....and they are not integrated into Ontario's Ndrangheta structure.

Granted they aren't as powerful as other families in the GTA but they still got the green light to get rid of Papalia.

Them being released in 07-08 can be somehow linked to Montreal's current situation. Just speculation.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 01:20 AM

Spartan,

Granted they aren't as powerful as other families in the GTA but they still got the green light to get rid of Papalia.

Them being released in 07-08 can be somehow linked to Montreal's current situation. Just speculation.

NOONE liked Papalia (or Barillaro). He was a senile old guy that everyone hated. He was backed by Buffalo, but Buffalo's LCN family ceased to mean anything in Toronto a long time ago. If the Musitanos didn't take out Papalia, the Calabrian clans would have put him somewhere in the bottom of Lake Ontario.

I know the Musitano's are a violent bunch......their one uncle was extremely insane.

I think they may have fallen in line and linked up with the Hamilton/Toronto Families/Clans.

I personally believe the Toronto/Hamilton guys all act as one right now (because it's better for business)....and there are a lot of guys. Plus the Ontario HA's play a subservient role. So Ontario acts as one.

I think all of Ontario is backing one faction in Montreal (which is obviously Calabrian), but I'm curious to see what Ontario's role will be once the dust settles.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 10:19 AM

Spartan,

Spartan,

Do you think Montanga was with the Ontario guys or against them? The writers of Mafia Inc. indicate that he was with them as they state he made several trips to Ontario and was received with respect.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 03:34 PM

i think the role of ontario clans are just speculations so far, there is not any evident fact conferming it

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 03:40 PM

i think the role of ontario clans are just speculations so far, there is not any evident fact conferming it

There is not any evident fact of you're assumptions either...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 03:45 PM

Much more than speculation here in Canada. Their involvement in this situation dates back to 2005 with Piccirilli and friends, not to mention Montagnas links and visits in Ontario.

Speculation would be a Zip war with the Montreal mafia:)

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 03:55 PM

montagna links and visiting ontario are speculations
a debt that dates back in 2005 has nothing to do with then taking over
if like you claim ontario is involved they wouldn't wait so much and they start attacking rizzuto's suddenly after the opeation colisee in 2006
it's obvious that the war started when montagna was deported and boss of zip catalano released from prison

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 03:56 PM

a debt that dates back in 2005 has nothing to do with then taking over
if like you claim ontario is involved they wouldn't wait so much and they start attacking rizzuto's suddenly after the opeation colisee in 2006
it's obvious that the war started when montagna was deported and boss of zip catalano released from prison

Prove it.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 04:03 PM

we'll see who is right in the next future smile

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 07:03 PM

This obviously comes from Canadian police sources so it isn't speculation.

Maybe Rizzuto was never really killed, maybe it's all just speculation. wink

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 07:26 PM

I've wondered for quite some time now if Canada really exists.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/16/11 08:54 PM

Spartan,

Spartan,

Do you think Montanga was with the Ontario guys or against them? The writers of Mafia Inc. indicate that he was with them as they state he made several trips to Ontario and was received with respect.

Hi Sonny, I don't know to be honest. But there are so many clans in Ontario that if someone wanted to make a move in Montreal (as Montagna apparently did), it would make sense to have Ontario onboard. I do think his relations with Ontario would have been good, especially since he didn't operate there at all.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/17/11 02:18 AM

ontario clan except a crew in hamilton is not part of LCN and anyway montagna needn't them he knew several zips from NY
honestly, there are more wiseguys in the bonanno family than whole canada
but according to you a bunch of nobody from granby could take over the world and the bonanno's full of zips and connections not
it's laughable, just laughable

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/17/11 08:36 AM

ontario clan except a crew in hamilton is not part of LCN and anyway montagna needn't them he knew several zips from NY
honestly, there are more wiseguys in the bonanno family than whole canada
but according to you a bunch of nobody from granby could take over the world and the bonanno's full of zips and connections not
it's laughable, just laughable

You can't possibly be from Toronto so you wouldn't have much of an idea about Italian OC there. I can tell you that between the various clans in the Toronto area, there are a lot more member and associates than the Bonnanos in NYC. In terms of numbers, wealth, and connections they are huge. But because they stay very quiet and not many of them ever go to prison, let alone become informants, they stay under the radar. For God's sake the Bonnanos had a boss of their family become a government witness. The chance of the Commisso brothers become government informants is nil.

The word is that Montagna had started extorted construction companies in Montreal for 5% of their profits. Had he been deported to Toronto instead of Montreal and tried to extort companies (a lot of which are Italian owned), no one would have paid him a dime. In Toronto if he tried to get involved in any racket controlled by local Calabrians, he would not been able to play the "Bonnano boss" card. LCN doesn't mean what you think it does in Ontario.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/17/11 01:35 PM

but according to you a bunch of nobody from granby could take over the world and the bonanno's full of zips and connections not it's laughable, just laughable

Nobody said that the D'Amico's from Granby were behind it, although they could be part of the coalition. The last thing I read about them is that they were in hiding themselves somewhere in the Caribbean.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/17/11 01:39 PM

I can tell you that between the various clans in the Toronto area, there are a lot more member and associates than the Bonnanos in NYC.

IvyLeague posted an article here a while ago which stated that Italian authorities named 40 members of all the 9 locali in Toronto.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/17/11 03:05 PM

I can tell you that between the various clans in the Toronto area, there are a lot more member and associates than the Bonnanos in NYC.

IvyLeague posted an article here a while ago which stated that Italian authorities named 40 members of all the 9 locali in Toronto.

it's what i said, 40 members less than half of the bonanno's in new york

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/18/11 11:09 PM

As someone who knows this a little better than most, I can assure you there are more than 40 members of the Calabrian Ndrangheta in southern Ontario. You are all free to believe whatever you wish or listen and read any "reporter" or "journalist" you like. But common sense would dictate...who the hell would Italian authorities know how many Ndrangheta members there are in southern Ontario? If any of you know people in southern Ontario law enforcement, please ask them if there are 40 mobsters in the entire region.

I hear of stories of NYC mobsters getting caught trying to shake down hot dog carts and adult video stores......tell me the last time you ever heard of a Toronto or Montreal getting caught for this sort of thing. For God's sake there are Ndrangheta controlled companies involved in construction in Ontario that gets 10's of millions a year in gov't contracts. It's not a "40 man" operation in Ontario.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/18/11 11:52 PM

Its not 40 man operation,and that about NYC mobsters getting caught trying to shake down hot dog carts and adult video stores,thats just 2-3 of them,poor soldiers,shame.NYC mob is invloved a lot in counstruction too etc.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 12:57 AM

As someone who knows this a little better than most, I can assure you there are more than 40 members of the Calabrian Ndrangheta in southern Ontario. You are all free to believe whatever you wish or listen and read any "reporter" or "journalist" you like. But common sense would dictate...who the hell would Italian authorities know how many Ndrangheta members there are in southern Ontario? If any of you know people in southern Ontario law enforcement, please ask them if there are 40 mobsters in the entire region.

I hear of stories of NYC mobsters getting caught trying to shake down hot dog carts and adult video stores......tell me the last time you ever heard of a Toronto or Montreal getting caught for this sort of thing. For God's sake there are Ndrangheta controlled companies involved in construction in Ontario that gets 10's of millions a year in gov't contracts. It's not a "40 man" operation in Ontario.

Well, we really don't hear much regarding Italian OC in Toronto. Which sort of makes one question the assertion made by some here about armies of local 'Ndrangheta guys walking around. As I posted on the other forum, people bought into that "Sixth Family" stuff about the Rizzutos in Montreal. And now people are making the same claims about the Calabrians in Toronto. Even though there's not much to base it on.

If you want to turn this into a pissing contest, maybe you should do some more research on the NY mob. It's not just hot dog carts. For example, back in 2005 it was reported that mob-linked companies had received $1.2 billion on over 100 public contracts between 1995 and 2005.

If we go on demonstrable evidence alone, and not on pure assumptions or claims of exclusive insight based on where somebody lives, there is a bigger mob presence in the NY metro area than in Montreal and Toronto combined.
Posted By: Mussolini14

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 02:46 AM

but according to you a bunch of nobody from granby could take over the world and the bonanno's full of zips and connections not it's laughable, just laughable

Nobody said that the D'Amico's from Granby were behind it, although they could be part of the coalition. The last thing I read about them is that they were in hiding themselves somewhere in the Caribbean.

I highly doubt it since they were ready and willing to go to war with the Rizzuto's while Vito was still on the street.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Well, we really don't hear much regarding Italian OC in Toronto. Which sort of makes one question the assertion made by some here about armies of local 'Ndrangheta guys walking around. As I posted on the other forum, people bought into that "Sixth Family" stuff about the Rizzutos in Montreal. And now people are making the same claims about the Calabrians in Toronto. Even though there's not much to base it on.

If you want to turn this into a pissing contest, maybe you should do some more research on the NY mob. It's not just hot dog carts. For example, back in 2005 it was reported that mob-linked companies had received $1.2 billion on over 100 public contracts between 1995 and 2005.

If we go on demonstrable evidence alone, and not on pure assumptions or claims of exclusive insight based on where somebody lives, there is a bigger mob presence in the NY metro area than in Montreal and Toronto combined.

While I agree that there is a bigger mob presence in NYC than in TO I think your formula of number of indictments = number of mobsters is flawed. The Greater Toronto area has a population of nearly 6 million an Italian is the #2 spoken second language. Because Canadian police have common sense and allocate more resources to go after street gangs and crack dealers who pose a greater danger to the average civilian than the mob, certainly doesn't mean there is a lack of OC here. Nevertheless I highly doubt there are even half as many mobster in the GTA as there are in NYC.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
While I agree that there is a bigger mob presence in NYC than in TO I think your formula of number of indictments = number of mobsters is flawed. The Greater Toronto area has a population of nearly 6 million an Italian is the #2 spoken second language. Because Canadian police have common sense and allocate more resources to go after street gangs and crack dealers who pose a greater danger to the average civilian than the mob, certainly doesn't mean there is a lack of OC here. Nevertheless I highly doubt there are even half as many mobster in the GTA as there are in NYC.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "lack" is. I'm not saying there is no Italian OC in Toronto. I'm saying that I see little evidence to support it being on the scale that some claim it is. Especially when they start in with that nonsense about the "balance of power" now being in Canada.

You know what's funny? That whole line of thinking more or less started out with the book The Sixth Family: The Collapse of the New York Mafia and the Rise of Vito Rizzuto.

Fast forward 5 years from when that book was written and we see another example of how authors often exaggerate their topic. The NY Mafia hadn't exactly "collapsed" and the Rizzutos weren't as omnipotent as some had thought.

But now the problem is some are making the same claims about the Calabrians in Toronto.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 10:47 AM

Project Colisee' had just resulted in in a series of raids and arrests on the Rizzuto oganization after a couple decades or so of relative prosperity; Sixth Family was written on the cusp of the ensuing chaos. How could Lamoth and Humphries have known that with Vito out of the picture, things would go the way they have?

These sort of lists only ever reference the key guys that got caught up in that particular investigation. Its not indicative of the true numbers..

Im noticing this in my reasearch on the Calabrian cells in Australia, that for every guy named as a 'leader' or soldier/operative/whatever, there's an extensive network of contacts. These lists dont reflect the true numbers.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 11:05 AM

I guess it depends on what your definition of "lack" is. I'm not saying there is no Italian OC in Toronto. I'm saying that I see little evidence to support it being on the scale that some claim it is. Especially when they start in with that nonsense about the "balance of power" now being in Canada.

'Ndrangheta members are known to operate different than the average mobster and they are usually more low-key. They are also generally more involved in legitimate businesses. So the number of indictments hypothesis doesn't necessarily have to correspond for them too.

I'm also one of those who believes that naming 40 members by Italian authorities doesn't have to mean that there couldn't be more who weren't named. But it does strongly indicate, like you said, that there aren't hundreds of them operating in Toronto like some want to believe. So I think the number would be closer to 50, but that doesn't include "associates".

Quote:
You know what's funny? That whole line of thinking more or less started out with the book The Sixth Family: The Collapse of the New York Mafia and the Rise of Vito Rizzuto.

You should definitely read Mafia Inc.

I do think the Rizzutos were a powerhouse because of their impressive network and I think they could have been at one point more powerful than some of the medium-sized American families.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 06:02 PM

Fast forward 5 years from when that book was written and we see another example of how authors often exaggerate their topic. The NY Mafia hadn't exactly "collapsed" and the Rizzutos weren't as omnipotent as some had thought.

But now the problem is some are making the same claims about the Calabrians in Toronto.

I see what you mean and I while every author likes to hype up their subject, Lamothe and Humphries were on a whole new level when it came to the Rizzuto's. Trying to get the reader to believe that Vito was some untouchable Don and had a say in every drug deal/extortion/murder that occurred. An they went on and on about Vito's Sicilian connections like no other member of LCN have ties to Sicily.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 06:21 PM

I see what you mean and I while every author likes to hype up their subject, Lamothe and Humphries were on a whole new level when it came to the Rizzuto's. Trying to get the reader to believe that Vito was some untouchable Don and had a say in every drug deal/extortion/murder that occurred. An they went on and on about Vito's Sicilian connections like no other member of LCN have ties to Sicily.

You`re absolutely right.......although it was a fascinating read, the Rizzuto crime family( Rizzuto-Renda-Arcadi-Sollecito) was thought to be much stronger than they actually were. In the end, they become over-exposed and arrogant, which ultimately lead to their downfall.

Because the Ndrangheta is constantly mentioned by Italian journalists these days, there is the possibility that some people start thinking that the Siderno Group will become the next Rizzuto empire. While there might be some truth to that, criminal organizations are fairly complexe and there are a multitude of players involved.

If we based our knowledge on the Sixth Family alone, we would have never known about other prominent figures within the Montreal mafia which can be a threat to the Rizzuto crime family.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 08:30 PM

Any pictures of him? And any new unknown pictures of Sal the Ironworker? There seems only 2 photos of him, one mugshot and other his dead.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 09:12 PM

Any pictures of him? And any new unknown pictures of Sal the Ironworker? There seems only 2 photos of him, one mugshot and other his dead.

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2011/12/20111215-074400.html

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/19/11 10:07 PM

there is also a picture of Pietrantonio in the 6th family rizzuto book where he looks to be in his mid 30's maybe. however i can't find it online.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 12:42 AM

'Ndrangheta members are known to operate different than the average mobster and they are usually more low-key.

That's the same argument I hear over and over again by people who claim the Detroit or Kansas City families are still going strong. And what about all the 'Ndrangheta busts in Italy or other parts of Europe? Did they miss out on the memo about being low key?

Quote:
They are also generally more involved in legitimate businesses. So the number of indictments hypothesis doesn't necessarily have to correspond for them too.

The Sicilians in Montreal were/are also involved in legitimate businesses. And I've said before that's what I think the actual Sicilian Mafia and Calabrian 'Ndrangheta clans are most involved with in North America - money laundering via legitimate businesses.

My point about indictments was in response to some people saying the move on the Rizzutos is an effort by the 'NDrangheta to take control of the drug trade. But also one would think there would be at least some occasional criminal charges that pop up from time to time.

Quote:
I'm also one of those who believes that naming 40 members by Italian authorities doesn't have to mean that there couldn't be more who weren't named. But it does strongly indicate, like you said, that there aren't hundreds of them operating in Toronto like some want to believe. So I think the number would be closer to 50, but that doesn't include "associates".

Either way, 40 or 50 I could believe. I've just noticed some people getting carried away lately with the talk about Toronto when there really isn't a whole lot of info.

Quote:
You should definitely read Mafia Inc.

I own the book.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Sonny Black
I do think the Rizzutos were a powerhouse because of their impressive network and I think they could have been at one point more powerful than some of the medium-sized American families.

Ah ha. That's really the issue here. How we define what we call "the Rizzutos." It seems that many have made the mistake of equating all of organized crime in Montreal with "The Rizzutos." Or thinking that everything, at least from an Italian OC perspective, falls under that umbrella there.

Technically speaking, I don't know if it's really accurate to call it the "Rizzuto crime family." Once again, Salvatore Vitale testified that there were about 20 made guys up in Montreal, including Nick and Vito Rizzuto, who were made members of the Bonanno family. And, before he was killed, Sciascia was the captain of the Montreal crew. Vito was a soldier. My understanding is most of these guys descended from Cattolica Eraclea and Siculiana. They were the core of what you call Rizzuto's network.

Now, as far as this larger network, which eventually could involve just about all of organized crime in Montreal and elsewhere in Canada, here's what Lamothe said over on the Real Deal a few years back -

"The Rizzuto Criminal Organization is made up of various individuals and groups, including LCN, 'ndrangheta clans, and small family groupings of perhaps a father and two sons who have proven themselves over time in the underworld -- the father is made and the sons aren't. The Associates are everybody: white collar crooks, telemarketers, bikers, Natives, Chinese, Iranians. So it seems there are three "levels". Born/blood Sicilians loyal to the clan; criminal organizations and groups loyal to the clan but have their own interests and other loyalties -- such as 'ndrangheta -- and Associates. As long as the Rizzuto Family is strong that's where the power will flow from; if another powerful -- likely Sicilian based from Western Sicily -- emerges from the problems of the Rizzutos, then that layer will be drawn to them; the Associates are without loyalty and will go to whoever can protect them and allow them to make money successfully."

Here's another way he described it on another forum before that -

Explaining the makeup and structure of the Rizzuto organization is even more complicated. There's no pyramid of boss, underboss, captains, soldiers. The simplest way to figure it out is to draw circle the size of a dime on a piece of paper. That's the core of the Rizzutos -- essentially think of it as a cult of families all related by blood and marriage. Within the hard core centre are the Rizzutos, the Mannos, more recently the Ragusas, the Rendas, etc.Now make other circles, smaller, orbiting the main circle. These are other Sicilian or Calabrese clans or groups. Among the little orbiting circles are some triangles: these are the pyramids, more traditional groups that follow the American pyramid style. Scattered well away from the main group and the more closely associated smallest circles and triangles are various groups: bikers, Natives, Chinese, lawyers and accountants and stock brokers. These stretch across the country.

This has what has led to people more or less equating the Rizzutos or a "Sixth Family" with the larger organized crime scene in Canada as a whole. And then making inaccurate comparisons between it and specific LCN families in the U.S. While a lot of good information is provided in both books, that's what the Sixth Family was really doing: saying the Rizzutos had become stronger than the entire Bonanno family when it was really putting up most of the Montreal underworld to the Bonanno family.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 02:59 AM

Ah ha. That's really the issue here. How we define what we call "the Rizzutos." It seems that many have made the mistake of equating all of organized crime in Montreal with "The Rizzutos." Or thinking that everything, at least from an Italian OC perspective, falls under that umbrella there.

Technically speaking, I don't know if it's really accurate to call it the "Rizzuto crime family." Once again, Salvatore Vitale testified that there were about 20 made guys up in Montreal, including Nick and Vito Rizzuto, who were made members of the Bonanno family. And, before he was killed, Sciascia was the captain of the Montreal crew. Vito was a soldier. My understanding is most of these guys descended from Cattolica Eraclea and Siculiana. They were the core of what you call Rizzuto's network.

Now, as far as this larger network, which eventually could involve just about all of organized crime in Montreal and elsewhere in Canada, here's what Lamothe said over on the Real Deal a few years back -

"The Rizzuto Criminal Organization is made up of various individuals and groups, including LCN, 'ndrangheta clans, and small family groupings of perhaps a father and two sons who have proven themselves over time in the underworld -- the father is made and the sons aren't. The Associates are everybody: white collar crooks, telemarketers, bikers, Natives, Chinese, Iranians. So it seems there are three "levels". Born/blood Sicilians loyal to the clan; criminal organizations and groups loyal to the clan but have their own interests and other loyalties -- such as 'ndrangheta -- and Associates. As long as the Rizzuto Family is strong that's where the power will flow from; if another powerful -- likely Sicilian based from Western Sicily -- emerges from the problems of the Rizzutos, then that layer will be drawn to them; the Associates are without loyalty and will go to whoever can protect them and allow them to make money successfully."

Explaining the makeup and structure of the Rizzuto organization is even more complicated. There's no pyramid of boss, underboss, captains, soldiers. The simplest way to figure it out is to draw circle the size of a dime on a piece of paper. That's the core of the Rizzutos -- essentially think of it as a cult of families all related by blood and marriage. Within the hard core centre are the Rizzutos, the Mannos, more recently the Ragusas, the Rendas, etc.Now make other circles, smaller, orbiting the main circle. These are other Sicilian or Calabrese clans or groups. Among the little orbiting circles are some triangles: these are the pyramids, more traditional groups that follow the American pyramid style. Scattered well away from the main group and the more closely associated smallest circles and triangles are various groups: bikers, Natives, Chinese, lawyers and accountants and stock brokers. These stretch across the country.

This has what has led to people more or less equating the Rizzutos or a "Sixth Family" with the larger organized crime scene in Canada as a whole. And then making inaccurate comparisons between it and specific LCN families in the U.S. While a lot of good information is provided in both books, that's what the Sixth Family was really doing: saying the Rizzutos had become stronger than the entire Bonanno family when it was really putting up most of the Montreal underworld to the Bonanno family.

Ivy or Eurodave, what do you guys know about the D'amico's from Granby? There isn't much info about them on the boards but from what I understand that were willing to go to war with the Rizzuto's before Vito was arrested so they must be at least somewhat significant. Iirc the only mention of them in either the "6th Family" or "Mafia Inc" was that they were making agressive moves against he Rizzuto's and drove down the street that the Rizzuto's, Renda ect lived on in a 16 SUV convoy as a show of strength

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 04:44 AM

Excellent post and being from Montreal, I think it accurately portrays the situation. The example given about the circles is what describes the situation best if you ask me and what you're seeing in Montreal lately is the elimination of the inner core by the outer core, more notably rival Sicilians and Calabrians not belonging to the Rendas-Manno-Rizzuto families.

I see it this way,

First tier: Rizzuto, Renda, Cammalleri, Manno, Ragusa etc..
Second tier: Arcuri, Toronto Sicilians, Hamilton, Siderno Group
Third Tier: Italian-Canadian criminals like Piccirilli, D'Amico, Di Maulo, Gallo, Mucci

and then you have the others around like bikers, asians, arabs, blacks etc.....

The people capable of replacing the Rizzuto's are usually the second tier which is what were seeing now.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 02:36 PM

Excellent post and being from Montreal, I think it accurately portrays the situation. The example given about the circles is what describes the situation best if you ask me and what you're seeing in Montreal lately is the elimination of the inner core by the outer core, more notably rival Sicilians and Calabrians not belonging to the Rendas-Manno-Rizzuto families.

I see it this way,

First tier: Rizzuto, Renda, Cammalleri, Manno, Ragusa etc..
Second tier: Arcuri, Toronto Sicilians, Hamilton, Siderno Group
Third Tier: Italian-Canadian criminals like Piccirilli, D'Amico, Di Maulo, Gallo, Mucci

and then you have the others around like bikers, asians, arabs, blacks etc.....

The people capable of replacing the Rizzuto's are usually the second tier which is what were seeing now.

Very interesting. I know many over at realdeal believe Di Maulo to be the driving force behind the coup.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 02:47 PM

That's the same argument I hear over and over again by people who claim the Detroit or Kansas City families are still going strong.

I'm not those people. And for 'Ndrangheta members this is actually true.

Quote:
And what about all the 'Ndrangheta busts in Italy or other parts of Europe? Did they miss out on the memo about being low key?

Making such a comparison can depend on various factors. The first and foremost is that Italian authorities have more experience with pursuing the mafia. The 'Ndrangheta has a much bigger presence in Italy and is therefore a bigger priority. So it's quite obvious that Italian authorities put more effort in prosecuting the 'Ndrangheta than in Canada. Why is it, that with so many killings and attempts going on in Montreal, there isn't a single mobster arrested in relation to these events?

Quote:
The Sicilians in Montreal were/are also involved in legitimate businesses. And I've said before that's what I think the actual Sicilian Mafia and Calabrian 'Ndrangheta clans are most involved with in North America - money laundering via legitimate businesses.

As you know, for many years, the drug trade (especially heroin, cannabis and XTC) went from Europe through Canada and the ports of Montreal into the United States. This distribtion network was set up by the Cotronis and later the [BadWord]-Caruanas and Rizzutos.

Quote:
But also one would think there would be at least some occasional criminal charges that pop up from time to time.

It does:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/vincenzo-demaria/

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 02:52 PM

When the Rizzutos were on top in Montreal most if not all Italian mobsters in the larger Montreal area had to pay them a percentage. Why do you think a Calabrian like Sergio Piccirilli, who allegedly answered to Toronto, went to war with the Rizzutos?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 02:55 PM

Iirc the only mention of them in either the "6th Family" or "Mafia Inc" was that they were making agressive moves against he Rizzuto's and drove down the street that the Rizzuto's, Renda ect lived on in a 16 SUV convoy as a show of strength

It actually were 8 SUVs, according to Mafia inc. This is how exaggerations start...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 03:37 PM

When the Rizzutos were on top in Montreal most if not all Italian mobsters in the larger Montreal area had to pay them a percentage. Why do you think a Calabrian like Sergio Piccirilli, who allegedly answered to Toronto, went to war with the Rizzutos?

Piccirilli isn`t a Calabrian himself but he does have connections to the Ontario clans and their backing. You`re right about him and other Italian-Canadian criminals having to pay the Rizzuto`s a street tax.

That`s why he went to see his Ontario associates and had their backing. This also proves Lamothes theory about the three level Rizzuto organisation which.

Piccirilli fell into the category of proven criminals who have their own interests and alliances, but ultimitely will go to whoever offers better protection and benefits.

It`s definitely an interesting relationship between the first two levels to see who can be possibly behind this mess. All indications seem to show a mixture of elements, more notably Ontario Clans, Sicilians not belonging to the Rizzuto core and Italian-Canadian criminals.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 06:38 PM

Why is it, that with so many killings and attempts going on in Montreal, there isn't a single mobster arrested in relation to these events?

Guess what happened soon after I said it...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 09:54 PM

If so, then it becomes a question of how people, including posters on these OC forums, would know much about them.

Quote:
Making such a comparison can depend on various factors. The first and foremost is that Italian authorities have more experience with pursuing the mafia. The 'Ndrangheta has a much bigger presence in Italy and is therefore a bigger priority. So it's quite obvious that Italian authorities put more effort in prosecuting the 'Ndrangheta than in Canada. Why is it, that with so many killings and attempts going on in Montreal, there isn't a single mobster arrested in relation to these events?

Spoke a little too soon. Obviously Desjardins and 4 others were just arrested. And, while it seems Canadian LE certainly takes it's time, Project Colisee showed they can deliver.

Quote:
As you know, for many years, the drug trade (especially heroin, cannabis and XTC) went from Europe through Canada and the ports of Montreal into the United States. This distribtion network was set up by the Cotronis and later the [BadWord]-Caruanas and Rizzutos.

Yes, but I think we've talked about this before and how it's no longer the case.

Quote:

Even if that were true, them paying a percentage to the Rizzutos for using their contacts to smuggle drugs or deal in certain territories doesn't necessarily make them part of the Rizzuto organization. Any more than paying Vic and Gas back in the 1980's made the operators from the Greek gambling clubs part of the Luccheses.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 09:59 PM

Ivy or Eurodave, what do you guys know about the D'amico's from Granby?

Only what everyone else has read or heard.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/20/11 10:48 PM

If so, then it becomes a question of how people, including posters on these OC forums, would know much about them.

Because they excist as a criminal organization for more than a century. Many of the posters that claim to know much about them state the same as I do. Pizzaboy and eurodave acknowledged it themselves. I believe it was eurodave who recently stated that Calabrians have a different mentality, and he's from Calabria.

Quote:
Spoke a little too soon. Obviously Desjardins and 4 others were just arrested. And, while it seems Canadian LE certainly takes it's time, Project Colisee showed they can deliver.

That's just a coicidence. Up until today no one was arrested and prosecuted, while these killings started two years ago.

Quote:
Yes, but I think we've talked about this before and how it's no longer the case.

But this is how the Rizzutos gained their powerbase.

Quote:
Even if that were true, them paying a percentage to the Rizzutos for using their contacts to smuggle drugs or deal in certain territories doesn't necessarily make them part of the Rizzuto organization. Any more than paying Vic and Gas back in the 1980's made the operators from the Greek gambling clubs part of the Luccheses.

Fair enough, but I used it to explain the Rizzutos role in the Canadian underworld. They gained their power and influence through their criminal network, not their organization as such.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/21/11 07:44 AM

Because they excist as a criminal organization for more than a century. Many of the posters that claim to know much about them state the same as I do. Pizzaboy and eurodave acknowledged it themselves. I believe it was eurodave who recently stated that Calabrians have a different mentality, and he's from Calabria.

How long they've been around doesn't have anything to do with it. And, frankly, neither does where somebody lives. I call that the "geography card." Meaning, over the years I've encountered several posters on different forums who play that card by claiming to have exclusive insight simply based on the fact that they live in a certain area. As if they somehow absorb information that isn't available to the rest of us by some sort of osmosis. Or maybe it's something in the local drinking water.

Now, somebody being Calabrian, or Italian in general, may give them a certain insight into the general mentality. But it doesn't necessarily mean bupkis as far as them knowing more about the local organized crime scene. With very few exceptions, and I'm talking so few you could probably count them on one hand out of all the posters that have or do post on these forums, everybody gets their information the same way - books, news articles, indictments, etc. And even the authors or journalists get most of their information from law enforcement.

In short, posters that claim to know this or that are legion. Them actually knowing something is a different story.

Quote:
Fair enough, but I used it to explain the Rizzutos role in the Canadian underworld. They gained their power and influence through their criminal network, not their organization as such.

And that's my point. If people want to talk about the larger "criminal network" the Rizzutos involved in, that's one thing. But too many, starting with the guys who wrote the books about them, talk as if they're talking about the Rizzutos alone when they're really talking more or less about the entire Montreal underworld. Which, in turn, makes many claims about the Rizzutos, as well as comparisons to LCN families in the U.S., inaccurate.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/21/11 09:39 AM

How long they've been around doesn't have anything to do with it.

Ofcourse it does, the longer an organisation exists, the more people come to know about them.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/21/11 02:43 PM

That's the same argument I hear over and over again by people who claim the Detroit or Kansas City families are still going strong.

Quote:
And what about all the 'Ndrangheta busts in Italy or other parts of Europe? Did they miss out on the memo about being low key?

Quote:

Quote:
But also one would think there would be at least some occasional criminal charges that pop up from time to time.

It does:

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/vincenzo-demaria/

Well I don't believe Italian authorities made any arrests after only 2 years of investigation either. Can you link us to some articles about the Italian police making Ndrengheta and Cosa Nostra attests after only 2 years of investigating?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/21/11 02:49 PM

Iirc the only mention of them in either the "6th Family" or "Mafia Inc" was that they were making agressive moves against he Rizzuto's and drove down the street that the Rizzuto's, Renda ect lived on in a 16 SUV convoy as a show of strength

It actually were 8 SUVs, according to Mafia inc. This is how exaggerations start...

LOL, what page is that on in Mafia inc? The same chapter in which mob activity in the city of Ontario is discussed? In 6th family it says 13 Suvs and some smaller cars and I don't believe it says anything about that in Mafia Inc.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/21/11 04:54 PM

LOL, what page is that on in Mafia inc? The same chapter in which mob activity in the city of Ontario is discussed? In 6th family it says 13 Suvs and some smaller cars and I don't believe it says anything about that in Mafia Inc.

Both the Sixth family and Mafia inc. state it were 8 SUV's.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 03:07 AM

Both the Sixth family and Mafia inc. state it were 8 SUV's.

What page? They don't mention the motorcade at all in Mafia Inc, that's a fact. This is how rumors get started Sonny, you should know better.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 06:53 AM

Ive kinda gone in and out of these Montreal threads for a while since Montagna et al; it seems like certain people just keep throwing out so many theories that, when one of them tenuously sticks or fits the mould, they feel that they can hold it up and "safely assume" that they have deduced the truth of the matter.

There's either the clinical even-handedness of the figures or the "You have no idea how sneaky these guys are :wink wink:" approach. The best posts come from the guys that can admit there needs to be more information released before they can completely form a solid opinion. The "A leads to B, and therefore confirms C because THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG" posts are ridiculous enough in themselves.

Having said that, there's obviously a handful of guys across the board that continuously post insightful and illumininating. Like antimafia and Laurentian. Especially those guys.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Ive kinda gone in and out of these Montreal threads for a while since Montagna et al; it seems like certain people just keep throwing out so many theories that, when one of them tenuously sticks or fits the mould, they feel that they can hold it up and "safely assume" that they have deduced the truth of the matter.

There's either the clinical even-handedness of the figures or the "You have no idea how sneaky these guys are :wink wink:" approach. The best posts come from the guys that can admit there needs to be more information released before they can completely form a solid opinion. The "A leads to B, and therefore confirms C because THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG" posts are ridiculous enough in themselves.

Having said that, there's obviously a handful of guys across the board that continuously post insightful and illumininating. Like antimafia and Laurentian. Especially those guys.

+1

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 10:58 AM

^^^ I totally agree with Meathead, which is why I quit posting in the Montreal threads for now. Guys are all over the place, and hoping to eventually hit something right in the end.

Now it's a discussion as to how many fucking SUV's were in a motorcade? But please.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 03:12 PM

Isn't this what these forums are supposed to be for, Mickey? Theorizing and discussing things? Maybe we should all lay back and don't make posts at all because obviously we don't know shit...

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 03:32 PM

What page? They don't mention the motorcade at all in Mafia Inc, that's a fact. This is how rumors get started Sonny, you should know better.

There's really no need to act childish. I have the ebook version and latest English edition, and for me it's on page 373. I also have the ebook version of the Sixth Family's 2008 edition, which describes it on page 432. Both state it were a motorcade of eight cars. Do you also want me to quote it for you?

Now it's a discussion as to how many fucking SUV's were in a motorcade? But please.

Actually it is something of importance. A motorcade of eight cars packed with armed men is a show of force, but sixteen is CRAZY. Obviously journalists and writers thought this event was important enough to quote it several times, in books and news articles.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 03:45 PM

^^^ I totally agree with Meathead, which is why I quit posting in the Montreal threads for now. Guys are all over the place, and hoping to eventually hit something right in the end.

It is actually a big deal asking about a family who made open acts of aggression against the Rizzuto's before Vito was arrested. Surely someone of your infinite wisdom can see that , no?

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 03:55 PM

It is actually a big deal asking about a family who made open acts of aggression against the Rizzuto's before Vito was arrested. Surely someone of your infinite wisdom can see that , no?

I do understand, and I thank you for the compliment. But one of you either needs to prove it or disprove it or move on already. Watching you two bicker about numbers back and forth about this is senseless. Let's see it proven once and for all, otherwise...ya know...stfu.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 04:25 PM

Mussolini, I could understand that you haven't read it in the Sixth Family, because this affair is only described in the latest 2008 edition. Maybe you have the older 2005 edition.

Anyway, I will quote it for you so carmela could then share her ultimate wisdom with us:

"On December 23, Luca D'Amico and two colleages walked into the Consenza, paused for a moment and then left, with D'Amico signaling with his right hand as he walked out. A cavalcade of vehicles then puled up to collect the trio and the procession of eight SUV's and Mercedes cars accompanied the visitors away from the Sixth Family headquarters." The Sixth Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphreys.

Mafia Inc:

"When old Nick procrastinated with the money, the D'Amico's next tactic was a show of force. Nephew Luca, accompanied with Patricio D'Amico, another of Luigi's sons, and a colleague walked into the Consenza, casting hostile glances at the customers at the counter, who included Paola Renda and Rocco Sollecito. One of the visitors was armed. The trio departed within minutes, flashing signals as they reached the sidewalk. A motorcade of SUV's and Mercedes Sedans - eight vehicles in all - rolled up to the cafe door and picked them up, then cruised slowly out of the strip mall parking lot. Two hours later, Arcadi was heard ordering clan members to round up a few soldiers and watch out for trouble, because the "crazy guy", Patricio D'Amico, was still roaming the neighbourhood. Mafia Inc. by Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel.

I believe the "colleague" was Sergio Piccirilli. This event was triggered after Arcadi's men had attacked the D'Amico's houses from a helicopter (obviously a re-enactment of The Godfather III).

What's interesting about this affair, is that during this conflict one of the D'Amico's, who was hiding in a building opposite of Consenza with a rifle, was heard on tapes saying "he had Nick Rizzuto, Sr. in his sight and could hit him right now" while on the phone with Sergio Piccirilli. Piccirilli then told him to wait, because he "had to go to Toronto first".

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 05:33 PM

Mussolini, I could understand that you haven't read it in the Sixth Family, because this affair is only described in the latest 2008 edition. Maybe you have the older 2005 edition.

Anyway, I will quote it for you so carmela could then share her ultimate wisdom with us:

"On December 23, Luca D'Amico and two colleages walked into the Consenza, paused for a moment and then left, with D'Amico signaling with his right hand as he walked out. A cavalcade of vehicles then puled up to collect the trio and the procession of eight SUV's and Mercedes cars accompanied the visitors away from the Sixth Family headquarters." The Sixth Family by Lee Lamothe and Adrian Humphreys.

Mafia Inc:

"When old Nick procrastinated with the money, the D'Amico's next tactic was a show of force. Nephew Luca, accompanied with Patricio D'Amico, another of Luigi's sons, and a colleague walked into the Consenza, casting hostile glances at the customers at the counter, who included Paola Renda and Rocco Sollecito. One of the visitors was armed. The trio departed within minutes, flashing signals as they reached the sidewalk. A motorcade of SUV's and Mercedes Sedans - eight vehicles in all - rolled up to the cafe door and picked them up, then cruised slowly out of the strip mall parking lot. Two hours later, Arcadi was heard ordering clan members to round up a few soldiers and watch out for trouble, because the "crazy guy", Patricio D'Amico, was still roaming the neighbourhood. Mafia Inc. by Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel.

I believe the "colleague" was Sergio Piccirilli. This event was triggered after Arcadi's men had attacked the D'Amico's houses from a helicopter (obviously a re-enactment of The Godfather III).

What's interesting about this affair, is that during this conflict one of the D'Amico's, who was hiding in a building opposite of Consenza with a rifle, was heard on tapes saying "he had Nick Rizzuto, Sr. in his sight and could hit him right now" while on the phone with Sergio Piccirilli. Piccirilli then told him to wait, because he "had to go to Toronto first".

I heard something like that in Mafia Inc but I thought it was the Violi's or Montanga's men they heard on tapes saying that.

Interesting stuff Sonny, thanks for sharing and I stand corrected.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 05:37 PM

Actually, I had no opinion on this topic. I never read Mafia Inc, 6th Family or any other mafia book. And I have no idea how many were part of the motorcade or what they drove.
I was just saying somebody should prove it or disprove it already.

The Great Oz has spoken..spoken..spoken....

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 05:44 PM

i wonder who planned all the other murders (rizzuto jr and sr, cun trera, renda etc.)
if it was a cohalition between montagna and desjardins groups or only one planned that
montagna tried to kill desjardins first so i suppose its group felt strong enough
montagna was killed but his group it almost killed desjardins and probably killed pietrantonio (i think he was on desjardins side) andseveral members of the rival groups were caught now

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 07:35 PM

i wonder who planned all the other murders (rizzuto jr and sr, cun trera, renda etc.)
if it was a cohalition between montagna and desjardins groups or only one planned that
montagna tried to kill desjardins first so i suppose its group felt strong enough
montagna was killed but his group it almost killed desjardins and probably killed pietrantonio (i think he was on desjardins side) andseveral members of the rival groups were caught now

Sources are saying that rizzuto Jrs murder has nothing to do with current succesion of killings. It had to do with an isolated business dispute with another businessman with underworld conections. whether or not it gave some people ideas to go to war is another story. My thought is with the killing of rizzuto jr and the arrival of montagna people saw an opening. Motagna then got to big for his britches and was taken out.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 07:39 PM

It wasn't really meant to correct you, Mussolini. I'm aware you said it unwittingly. I was only trying to prevent something to be blown out of proportions. I you state if were 16 SUVs, someone will read and before you know it someone else later states it were 32 SUVs. And when one reads that, they will probably think "OMG these guys are more powerful than Lucky Luciano ever was". Sixth Family redux.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 07:43 PM

i doubt the murder of rizzuto jr has nothing to do with the other killings, it seems strongly related... i doubt tony magi or everyone killed the son of a boss just for a debt, i think it was a message that the rizzuto reigns was over, probably somebody didn't listen and they killed nick sr [BadWord] rera and the others
what i wonder is who planned all the murders, montagna and desjardins togheter or a group only
desjardins was an ally of rizzuto in the past so i bet montagna groups carried all the previous killing, probably zips coming from ny
Posted By: Mick2010

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/22/11 11:52 PM

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...51_article_POS1

according to that article (written by Andre Noel, co-author of Mafia Inc.), Pietrantonio was close to Montagna. The translation isnt perfect, but I tried 2:

Quote:
The October 24 Lorenzo LoPresti, 40 years, went out on the balcony of his apartment in St. Lawrence to smoke a cigarette when several shots rang. It has collapsed, death. It was the right arm of Antonio Pietrantonio, said Tony Suzuki, 48 years, a drug trafficker close to Salvatore MONTAGNA.

Quote:
On October 24, Lorenzo LoPresti, 40, came out on the balcony of his apartment in Saint-Laurent for a cigarette when several shots rang out. He collapsed and died. It was the right hand of Antonio Pietrantonio said Tony Suzuki, 48, a drug dealer near Salvatore Montagna.

To me, it makes sense that Lopresti, Pietrantonio and Sal would be on the same side, given some of the info from other articles. I.e. "Pietrantonio might have known his life was in danger after someone killed Lorenzo (Larry) LoPresti, 40, in St. Laurent, Que., on Oct. 25. Police sources repeated Wednesday that Lopresti appeared to have been acting as Pietrantonio’s right-hand man when he was killed." or "Montagna’s murder follows the slaying of one his supporters, Lorenzo LoPresti, A source said the murder of LoPresti — whose father Giuseppe was killed in a still unsolved mob hit in 1992 — was a message to Montagna."

I could be wrong, but everything in the papers seems to indicate those 3 were on the same side.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 12:34 AM

just came across this article, which mentions that the police have warned Domenico Arcuri last week. Also has some good info on Vittorio Mirarchi.

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2011/12/20111221-062501.html

Also found this one from Andre Noel, which has this at the bottom, again translated:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...a-italienne.php

Quote:
After a period of uncertainty, Desjardins joined forces with four men to run the Mafia: Joe Di Maulo (his brother), Domenico Arcuri (from carbon neutral), Salvatore Montagna (who had been extradited from the United States) and Vittorio Mirarchi (rich businessman Sainte-Adèle). This unit was quickly shattered with one hand and the Sicilians Arcuri Montagna, and the other Desjardins and Di Calabria Maulo and Arcuri.

Obviously its a mistake that he wrote Arcuri on both sides. Probably was supposed to be Mirarchi with Di Maulo and Desjardins, especially given that Mirarchi was arrested with Desjardins.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 03:26 AM

It wasn't really meant to correct you, Mussolini. I'm aware you said it unwittingly. I was only trying to prevent something to be blown out of proportions. I you state if were 16 SUVs, someone will read and before you know it someone else later states it were 32 SUVs. And when one reads that, they will probably think "OMG these guys are more powerful than Lucky Luciano ever was". Sixth Family redux.

Yes you are certainly right Sonny, and again I apologize. At first I thought you were giving me attitude so I gave it back but now I realize what you meant an hope we can squash this. I honestly enjoy your posts and believe you to be one of the better informed posters. I honestly thought I read there were 13 SUV's and smaller cars involved but as I said before, I stand corrected.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 03:31 AM

i doubt the murder of rizzuto jr has nothing to do with the other killings, it seems strongly related... i doubt tony magi or everyone killed the son of a boss just for a debt, i think it was a message that the rizzuto reigns was over, probably somebody didn't listen and they killed nick sr [BadWord] rera and the others
what i wonder is who planned all the murders, montagna and desjardins togheter or a group only
desjardins was an ally of rizzuto in the past so i bet montagna groups carried all the previous killing, probably zips coming from ny

I agree with you. I too have a very hard time believing the killing of Nick Ruzzuto JR had nothing to do with the other killings. When Montanga arrived in 2009 he apparently met with Nicolo SR and told him to step down and that his time was up and demanded 10 years worth of tribute + interest. SR refused and 6 weeks later Nick Jr was killed. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 03:37 AM

Isn't this what these forums are supposed to be for, Mickey? Theorizing and discussing things? Maybe we should all lay back and don't make posts at all because obviously we don't know shit...

Nope, you're missing the point of my post. Its not so much the endless theorising, its more the assumption that said theories are anything more than that. Like some random guy in The Netherlands or Italy has a better grasp of whats going in Montreal than any other person who reads the same books, articles and press releases.

EDIT: Re-reading the post, it kind of sounds like Im attacking you Sonny. Thats was very much NOT my intention. You're actually one of the better posters, and Ive liked you well enough since Ive started reading your posts. My beef is more about people going out on limbs by claiming they've got it all figured out, until the next development, when they either admit they're as lost as anyone else, or dig themselves deeper by trying to weave the event into supporting their claims.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 03:49 AM

Interesting article here, another shitty translation though:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...ne-alliance.php

Quote:
On December 28, 2009, the eldest son of Sicilian godfather Vito Rizzuto, Nicolo junior, was shot in the Notre-Dame-de-Grace. The murder was probably commissioned by a businessman rather than angry opponents mafia. However, men who aspired to replace the Rizzuto clan noted that this assassination was followed by no retaliation. The field was clear.

They formed, five, college management. After a year, their unity was shattered. Three of them are off: Salvatore Montagna was killed last month, Raynald Desjardins and Vittorio Mirarchi were jailed this week for his murder. The other two, and Joe Di Domenico Arcuri Maulo, burrow. Now more than ever, the Mafia is no direction. Portrait.

Domenico Arcuri

Sicilian origin, his father has the same name. Former taxi driver, the old Domenico Arcuri was the right hand of Pietro Sciara, consigliere leaders Vic Cotroni and Paolo Violi. Killed in 1976, Sciara was the first victim of the clan Violi. Like many others, Arcuri was stored in the winning side of Rizzuto. In exchange, he received factory Ital Gelati Italian Ice.

His son Domenico, now aged 51, inherited his business. Domenico Jr. and his brother Antonino participated in the Carbon Neutral company, which specializes in soil remediation. Raynald Desjardins joined them in this endeavor, but only for a while.

The brothers already knew Salvatore Montagna Arcuri on his arrival in Montreal. Domenico joined him to demand the "Pizzo" from businessmen. It is through him that Montagna has met Desjardins. When the conflict broke out this year, "Sicilians" Arcuri and Montagna have a common front against Desjardins and "Calabria" Di Maulo and Mirarchi.

Joe Di Maulo

68 years old, he is a pillar of the Montreal Mafia. In 1965, he accompanied Vic Cotroni the marriage of Paolo Violi in Hamilton. At 28, he was accused and acquitted of a triple murder in his club, The Casa Loma. After the assassination of rape, he was placed in the camp of Rizzuto.

In the early 90s, he collaborated with Vito to make off with the gold of the Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos. He has accompanied several Vito in the Dominican Republic. Rich and discreet, Di Maulo is especially busy directing his many companies. Respected each other, enjoying wide support in Ontario, it has not sought to become the new sponsor of Montreal. However, he agreed to act as consigliere to Desjardins.

Salvatore Montagna was assassinated on November 24.

Salvatore Montagna

He was born in Montreal in 1971, but grew up in Sicily, in the small town the birthplace of the American Mafia leaders like Joseph Bonanno. He moved to New York at age 15. At 36, he was promoted to Deputy Head of the Bonanno family. The authorities find that he did not U.S. citizens and expel. Arrived in Quebec in the spring of 2009, it is discreet. After the murder not punishable by Nicolo Rizzuto Jr., he decided to exercise its power.

It multiplies the travel in Ontario. With his support, he made it clear to the old Nick Rizzuto, Vito's father, that his reign is over. It sends grazing and is murdered. Other members of the Rizzuto clan are eliminated, and as Paulo Renda Agostino [BadWord].

Montagna sees the possibility of enriching themselves by imposing the 'Pizzo' mafia tax previously claimed by Rizzuto. He sought to whopping influential businessmen of the Italian community of Montreal. Raynald Desjardins accused of taking too much space. This is the rupture. Montagna was assassinated on November 24, and 40. Police accuse Desjardins and his accomplices in the murder.

The boss Raynald Desjardins appeared Wednesday morning at the Joliette courthouse for the murder of mafioso Salvatore Montagna.

Raynald Desjardins

Francophone Quebec, Desjardins, 58, absorbed the Italian Mafia culture. It endorsed the values ​​of respect and loyalty. These qualities, combined with an undeniable fighting spirit, made him climb the ladder. His sister married Joe Di Maulo and himself married the mafia. Long right arm of the godfather Vito Rizzuto, he developed relationships with the Hells Angels and street gangs. In 1994 he was sentenced to 15 years in prison for importing 740 kg of cocaine from Venezuela.

Released on parole in 2004, he embarked on residential construction, taking advantage of good advice from Jocelyn Dupuis, general manager of the FTQ-Construction. Officially, it still runs and Investments Lasister Kane and company numbers. When he bought his house in Laval in 2007 on the banks of the Rivière des Prairies, he said he had divorced and remarried failing.

He turned against the old Nick Rizzuto and his associates after the murder of his friend Giovanni Bertolo, drug dealer and union representative painters of the FTQ-Construction. He played a leading role in the "college of management" which replaced the Rizzuto clan, but it soon came into conflict with Montagna and Arcuri. On September 16, he was the victim of attempted murder. If convicted for the murder of Montagna, he spent years in prison.

Vittorio Mirarchi

His father, Calabrian origin, was known in Ontario, but he himself went under the radar for years. 34 years old, very rich, living in a large fortified house in Sainte-Adèle in the Laurentians, has long focused investing mountains of dirty money. He bought a luxury condo at 1000 rue de la Commune, in the Old Port. His name appears in transactions on another condo, boulevard Couture in St. Leonard, and buildings in Laval and Montreal.

He has been involved in coffee Luna, establishment of Rivière-des-Prairies, where employees gathered to Raynald Desjardins. Anti-Mafia investigators of Operation Coliseum on suspicion of being involved in drug trafficking, but they have not stuck. He is now charged with Raynald Desjardins, the murder of Salvatore Montagna.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 02:48 PM

I agree with you. I too have a very hard time believing the killing of Nick Ruzzuto JR had nothing to do with the other killings. When Montanga arrived in 2009 he apparently met with Nicolo SR and told him to step down and that his time was up and demanded 10 years worth of tribute + interest. SR refused and 6 weeks later Nick Jr was killed. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Mussolini, Mafia Inc. describes that Montanga went to Nick Rizzuto one week before he was killed and apparantly told him that his reign was over.

It were also the writers of Mafia Inc. that first stated that the Montreal police thought the murder of Del Peschio and Nick Jr. were linked to each other, but not to the other killings. They describe that a "business man" ordered their murder and that it was carried out by a street gang. This business man can likely be Tony Magi, as he was apparantly close to Nick Jr. and also to Joseph Ducarme, a street gang leader. Shortly after Nick Jr.'s murder, Ducarme was almost killed by two assassins. The next day he was arrested while he was in Tony Magi's office.

Before readings this in Mafia Inc.'s epiloque, most of us also thought that these murders were part of the onslaught.

Re: Murder attempt on Antonion Pietrantonio last night - 12/23/11 03:06 PM

EDIT: Re-reading the post, it kind of sounds like Im attacking you Sonny. Thats was very much NOT my intention. You're actually one of the better posters, and Ive liked you well enough since Ive started reading your posts. My beef is more about people going out on limbs by claiming they've got it all figured out, until the next development, when they either admit they're as lost as anyone else, or dig themselves deeper by trying to weave the event into supporting their claims.

I reacted to you're post because I felt it was pointed to me, but I guess I'm a bit too paranoid. wink

Anyway, you're right about what you state. And I've said a lot myself lately, sometimes it's better to cool down for a while a reconsider things, instead of making hasty conclusions. I should follow antimafia's example.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET