Home

Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members?

Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 07:33 PM

Hey all, Ivey got me thinking. Does anyone have any stories of them running into, or being at the same place, as connected/made members?
Posted By: SC

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Does anyone have any stories of them running into, or being at the same place, as connected/made members?

There ain't no such thing as the Mafia.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 07:40 PM

I agree with SC. This thread is a bad idea. It will only lead to one poster calling another poster a bullshit artist, and it will only end up getting locked.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 08:31 PM

Before the thread gets locked, I'd like to know who's member is the biggest. Feel free to post pics.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Before the thread gets locked, I'd like to know who's member is the biggest. Feel free to post pics.

My scanner isn't big enough to handle the job, Lady Carm.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Eeeowwwwwww!!! grin
Posted By: eurodave

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 08:40 PM

Bro me I know allllllllllll kinds of people! smile
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/12/11 10:39 PM

Damn you are funny! Lol, that gave me a hell of a laugh I reread that
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 02:41 AM

Living in Utah as I do, I'm pretty much the least likely to ever run into a mob guy. That said, my cousin who lives in Idaho actually did. In Idaho no less.

Long story short, she runs a specialty furniture boutique or whatever you call it. There are quite a few wealthy people that have vacation homes, cabins, etc. up near there. For instance, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore had a vacation home up there for years. I think she still has it, in fact.

Anyway, one day about 7 or 8 years ago, this couple walked into the store. She said they looked like something out of mob "central casting." Obviously Italian, both dressed very well, had the accent. And to top it off, they had what appeared to be a bodyguard stand outside with the wife's dog on a leash.

They bought a crap load of stuff for some place they had just purchased. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth. The next day, two kids that worked there drove out to the place to deliver it. The guy gave them a $500 tip.

My cousin mentioned this to me because she knew I had an interest in the mob. She said he had actually paid by check and I asked what his name was. The check had said John S-------. But to this day I'm not sure if it was the father, who is a Colombo soldier, or his son, John Jr.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 03:04 AM

^^^^ Great post, Wiseguy. grin Boy, do I miss you! lol
Posted By: HermitKermit

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 03:28 AM

I'm not sure if I ran into a connected guy but when I was in jail, one of the cellies said to have been connected with some Scarfo and told me of a story of one of his sons or something committing suicide in prison for a sentence less than 10 or 20 years (don't quiet remember the exact details). The guy was a 5'9 some what buff Arab/Middle Eastern and told me he couldn't wait for Scarfo to get out of jail/prison because he was the guy that "made things happen" or not quite remember the exact words (it was a couple of years back). If I can remember right he said he appeared on the Forbes magazine when the Feds raid his house and found 4 million dollars in cash, he got that money off trafficking ectasy if I can quite remember. The guy was a chill dude from I can remember.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 03:31 AM

Met Joe Todaro Jr., if he still counts as a gangster.

His pizza is pretty good.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 05:24 AM

if you talk to people in my town someone's uncle grandfather was always connected to the pittsburgh mob. when i went thru SCI Camp Hill i met a cpl guys that said they were connected with the scrafo realm. not made guys but just street guys. i somewhat believed them. its not what they said its how they acted and what they had. (for those who don't know SCI means State Correctional Institution)
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 10:14 AM

I met a guy named Jimmy Two Times once, he got that name 'cause he said everything twice. LOL!
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/13/11 11:32 AM

Thanks for those who answered, and apologies for creating a contentious board posting. That was not my intention nor was it to get people into a competition of who knows more people. Based on our mutual interest in the topic, I thought it was a natural question to ask. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 08:12 AM

You know, not to beat a dead horse or anything but, caught on the right day, David can be a pretty reasonable guy. wink
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 08:14 AM

^^^lol

im surprised they havent gone to the sit yet

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 08:30 AM

Who's David? Why wouldn't they have come to this site? Real-deal? I thought this place was hand in hand with Real-deal?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Who's David? Why wouldn't they have come to this site? Real-deal? I thought this place was hand in hand with Real-deal?

He's the administrator over at the Real Deal. And, no, they are two separate forums. Some people just post on both.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

You know, not to beat a dead horse or anything but, caught on the right day, David can be a pretty reasonable guy. wink

Nah, I miss my boys over there and the way you could joke with the guys and be joked with, without everyone getting all offended. I miss the Sitdown (obviously LOL), but I don't miss the site. Good luck trying to catch David on 'the right day'. How would I know the exact day he gets laid every 6 months? grin But, just in case... he's got at least 10 different ways he knows how to get in touch with me if he wants. wink

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 11:48 AM

How do you guys get into the Real Deal forums?
Posted By: Strax

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: HermitKermit

U need to e-mail the site owner for an account.But i think he doesnt respond.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 11:54 AM

You have to be invited.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Strax

U need to e-mail the site owner for an account.But i think he doesnt respond.

Can you access the forums yourself? I used to go there to look up the news articles that were posted but now I can't even see the news articles or posts about them.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ivan

You have to be invited.

And you have to be really cool too.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

You have to be invited.

And you have to be really cool too.

lol

I wouldn't go that far.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 01:32 PM

You have to be invited.

What would be the first steps in getting invited?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little

You have to be invited.

IvyLeague has to like you.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 03:20 PM

LOL I like yur style carm

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little

You have to be invited.

IvyLeague has to like you.
Ivy doesn't have to like you but it does help. The way they keep riff raff from posting and spaming over there is a current member of RealDeal has to propose you for membership kinda like the mob tongue

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/14/11 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: thebarber

LOL I like yur style carm

grin wink

Anybody wants into Real Deal, tell them Tag and Whitemale vouch for you. Boom. You're in.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/15/11 08:07 AM

But, just in case... he's got at least 10 different ways he knows how to get in touch with me if he wants. wink

Well, therein lies the rub, Tag. wink
Posted By: spartan

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/15/11 11:29 PM

Living in Utah as I do, I'm pretty much the least likely to ever run into a mob guy. That said, my cousin who lives in Idaho actually did. In Idaho no less.

Long story short, she runs a specialty furniture boutique or whatever you call it. There are quite a few wealthy people that have vacation homes, cabins, etc. up near there. For instance, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore had a vacation home up there for years. I think she still has it, in fact.

Anyway, one day about 7 or 8 years ago, this couple walked into the store. She said they looked like something out of mob "central casting." Obviously Italian, both dressed very well, had the accent. And to top it off, they had what appeared to be a bodyguard stand outside with the wife's dog on a leash.

They bought a crap load of stuff for some place they had just purchased. Thousands and thousands of dollars worth. The next day, two kids that worked there drove out to the place to deliver it. The guy gave them a $500 tip.

My cousin mentioned this to me because she knew I had an interest in the mob. She said he had actually paid by check and I asked what his name was. The check had said John S-------. But to this day I'm not sure if it was the father, who is a Colombo soldier, or his son, John Jr.

That's pretty funny.

In Toronto or Hamilton you would never tell someone is a mobster. You could meet one of the heads of an Ndrangheta clan and you would never know. Nothing flashy about them and very low key and extremely polite. Even the younger generation, it's very deceiving. But if you cross them, then you know and are in for a shock of a lifetime.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/15/11 11:40 PM

^^^ Is the same thing in Sicily. They're all around but it's just what it is. Nothing flashy, no big deal, but to disrespect one of them, you'll know right away.

When we stay at my husband's house there in the summers and some tourists might pass thru...the tourists have no idea who is mafiosi or not...BUT everybody that lives there is always aware of who is passing thru town. Especially in a place like Agrigento or Trapani, they are aware of everyone that looks out of place in town. But a regular person could never tell who is mafia. But then again, it'd be easier to pick out who is NOT mafia, than who is. lol

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/15/11 11:53 PM

^^^ Is the same thing in Sicily. They're all around but it's just what it is. Nothing flashy, no big deal, but to disrespect one of them, you'll know right away.

When we stay at my husband's house there in the summers and some tourists might pass thru...the tourists have no idea who is mafiosi or not...BUT everybody that lives there is always aware of who is passing thru town. Especially in a place like Agrigento or Trapani, they are aware of everyone that looks out of place in town. But a regular person could never tell who is mafia. But then again, it'd be easier to pick out who is NOT mafia, than who is. lol

You mean in Agrigento the Mafiosi don't wear a lot of gold, drive cadillacs and take steroids? I kid, I kid. I'm just joking. US Italian OC is a lot different than Italian OC in the rest of the world where they are low key, quiet and just try to blend in and not stand out. I'm going to be in Agrigento in a couple weeks, I wonder if they'll notice me.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/15/11 11:57 PM

lol, No, and they don't drive flashy cars. When we go over to Palermo, there's a bit more flash, the occasional Ferrari, but not usual.

For real? You'll be in Agrigento? For what? Usually people don't go there unless they are vacationing from north Italy or live there. Well, you don't have to divulge, but I've never heard of anyone just "going" to Agrigento. haha You must have family there.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 12:02 AM

lol, No, and they don't drive flashy cars. When we go over to Palermo, there's a bit more flash, the occasional Ferrari, but not usual.

For real? You'll be in Agrigento? For what? Usually people don't go there unless they are vacationing from north Italy or live there. Well, you don't have to divulge, but I've never heard of anyone just "going" to Agrigento. haha You must have family there.

Same thing happens in Reggio with ndrangheta clans, they drive old shitty cars although some of the younger people might be more flashy.

Generally speaking and from my personal experience, Sicilian gangsters are just a bit flashier than their Calabrian counterparts, both in Italy and in Canada.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 12:07 AM

carmela, as my name suggests I'm not Italian, but right now I'm pretty close to Sicily.

I've heard Agrigento is very nice....and they have nice ancient ruins. Plus the weather this time of year us good as is the food.

I usually visit Montreal this time of year, but this time it's Sicily.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: spartan
carmela, as my name suggests I'm not Italian, but right now I'm pretty close to Sicily.

I've heard Agrigento is very nice....and they have nice ancient ruins. Plus the weather this time of year us good as is the food.

It's beautiful, I love it. But if you're not from there, or not familiar, it's a bit of a culture shock especially for Americans. Looks like what Americans would call the ghetto lol. But it's old and beautiful and full of history. I love it. If you're in Porto Empedocle, which is my husband's town, you can go to the Temples. It's the Valley of the Temples. It's beautiful this time of year, you're right; although I love summer for the beach/sea/tan. grin

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, enjoy your visit there. smile

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 12:54 AM

It's beautiful, I love it. But if you're not from there, or not familiar, it's a bit of a culture shock especially for Americans. Looks like what Americans would call the ghetto lol. But it's old and beautiful and full of history. I love it. If you're in Porto Empedocle, which is my husband's town, you can go to the Temples. It's the Valley of the Temples. It's beautiful this time of year, you're right; although I love summer for the beach/sea/tan. grin

carmela, thank you, but I'm not American!!!

Right now I live in the southern Mediterranean so visiting Sicily is like visiting family. I think it's very similar to where I am now.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 01:01 AM

Right now I live in the southern Mediterranean so visiting Sicily is like visiting family. I think it's very similar to where I am now.

You'll love Sicily and southern Italy in general. It will remind you of Greece in many ways.

Make sure you check out Taormina!

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 01:02 AM

lol No, I know you're not American. I was just saying what Americans in general think on first glance of a place like Agrigento.

I know who you are. Welcome to the board. wink

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 01:11 AM

lol No, I know you're not American. I was just saying what Americans in general think on first glance of a place like Agrigento.

I know who you are. Welcome to the board. wink

Ohhh, I think I know who you are too. How are you? (and who cares about what Americans, Canadians etc think?!! right now I'm in Europe's ghetto.....i.e. southern Greece! haha but the funny think is, everyone here has money....I think it's a lot like Sicily).

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 08:27 AM

Hermit and ronnie, check your messages.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: eurodave

Same thing happens in Reggio with ndrangheta clans, they drive old shitty cars although some of the younger people might be more flashy.

You're parents were from Calabria, right?

Generally speaking and from my personal experience, Sicilian gangsters are just a bit flashier than their Calabrian counterparts, both in Italy and in Canada.

I'm Sicilian; it must be all that black blood pumpin' through our hearts!! whistle

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 10:02 AM

I'm Sicilian; it must be all that black blood pumpin' through our hearts!! whistle

Just checking: You know that the "Sicilians are part black" thing is a myth, right?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 03:29 PM

Just checking: You know that the "Sicilians are part black" thing is a myth, right?
no way they said it true romance...it must be true than! tongue

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 03:47 PM

You're parents were from Calabria, right?

I`m born in Calabria(Reggio Calabria) and have relatives who live in Sicily(Messina, Siracusa, Palermo)

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 03:55 PM

Culturally they have a heavy Arabic influence not suprising because of their proximity to Norther Africa.

The Calabrians have a strong Greek influence.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 04:04 PM

Reggio is gorgeous, Dave.

Welcome to the boards, Spartan.

If you have an extra couple of days, I highly recommend taking the ferry from Messina to Villa San Giovanni. They have ferries that are autos only, passengers only, or combo ferries. They leave every 20 minutes or so. And if you really have some time, take the long drive up to Cosenza. The scenery is breathtaking, both along the coast AND inland.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 04:16 PM

If you have an extra couple of days, I highly recommend taking the ferry from Messina to Villa San Giovanni. They have ferries that are autos only, passengers only, or combo ferries. They leave every 20 minutes or so. And if you really have some time, take the long drive up to Cosenza. The scenery is breathtaking, both along the coast AND inland.

Don`t forget Scilla and Tropea!

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 04:26 PM

Don`t forget Scilla and Tropea!

Of course not, Dave!

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 08:58 PM

Thank you.

I've been in Europe for over half the year but haven't had time to travel. The truth is there is so much to see in Italy (I'm only interested in the south), that an entire lifetime wouldn't be enough. I've been told the scenery in Calabria is similar to Greece, but I want to see it for myself.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 09:04 PM

I've been told the scenery in Calabria is similar to Greece, but I want to see it for myself.

You really should. I'm an American. My father's parents were born in Lauropoli, Cosenza (also referred to as Cassano allo Ionio, Cosenza), and my Mom's parents were from Stigliano, in Matera, Basilicata. I've been to both towns on multiple occasions, but identify more with my Calabrese side because I was blessed to spend a full 18 months there back in the '80s, before I got married.

Calabria's coastal areas are very similar to the Greek Islands. Do you speak the Greek-Bovesian dialect familiar to some Calabrians?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 10:50 PM

Yes and no. I've always though that the Moors were not completely homogenius in racial disparity; some Arab, some black.

I`m born in Calabria(Reggio Calabria) and have relatives who live in Sicily(Messina, Siracusa, Palermo)

Are you ethnically Sicilian though?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 10:56 PM

Yes and no. I've always though that the Moors were not completely homogenius in racial disparity; some Arab, some black.

There were a few blacks mixed among the Arabs but it was a tiny amount and they've left no genetic "legacy" in Sicily that can be detected.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 10:58 PM

So if the Moors were not completely homogenius, I assume you mean they absolutely were not extremely intelligent gay people. No?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 11:25 PM

Are you ethnically Sicilian though?

Full Calabrian.
Posted By: ht2

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 11:35 PM

You really should. I'm an American. My father's parents were born in Lauropoli, Cosenza (also referred to as Cassano allo Ionio, Cosenza), and my Mom's parents were from Stigliano, in Matera, Basilicata. I've been to both towns on multiple occasions, but identify more with my Calabrese side because I was blessed to spend a full 18 months there back in the '80s, before I got married.

Calabria's coastal areas are very similar to the Greek Islands. Do you speak the Greek-Bovesian dialect familiar to some Calabrians?

Mel Gibson filmed "The Passion of the Christ" around Matera. Certain areas resembled biblical times.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/16/11 11:43 PM

I've been told the scenery in Calabria is similar to Greece, but I want to see it for myself.

My ex-gf and aunt are from Matera.......beautiful region!

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/17/11 03:38 AM

Hermit and ronnie, check your messages.

Email or board messages? If board messages how do I check them? confused

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/17/11 07:34 AM

Go to "My Stuff" up above. Click on the arrow and go to "Messages."

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/17/11 08:24 AM

I speak modern Greek. From what I know the dialect of Greek some people still speak in Calabria has a lot of similarities with ancient and Byzantine Greek. I can read ancient and Byzantine Greek (our Church still uses Byzantine Greek) but don't understand it 100% and can't speak it. Ancient and Byzantine Greek are extremely difficult.

Just south of Sparta is the Mani Region, the Maniots settled in Calabria and Corsica during the middle ages. They're known as the most martial of all Greeks and are famous for being soldiers, pirates, and for their blood feuds. I'm obviously biased, but it's my favourite part of Greece and recommend it for people to visit. The people, landscape, architecture is pretty unique.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/17/11 09:42 AM

Go to "My Stuff" up above. Click on the arrow and go to "Messages."

Thanks IvyLeague, I didn't notice the message icon blinking before I read your post. Hope to see you there also man.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/17/11 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: ht2
Mel Gibson filmed "The Passion of the Christ" around Matera. Certain areas resembled biblical times.

I wasn't aware of that, but he sure picked the right place. Matera is absolutely the least changed area of the Southern Italian mainland over the past 2000 years. It is absolutely prehistoric. It's not really a tourist destination, but if you're interested in the history of Italy, then you have to check it out. It's really beautiful.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 04:13 AM

So if the Moors were not completely homogenius, I assume you mean they absolutely were not extremely intelligent gay people. No?

...If you'd like them to be shhh wink

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 11:19 AM

When we stay at my husband's house there in the summers...

Driving a mercedes, having a chiwawa, living in a nice home in New Jersey, wearing fancy dark clothes, having a home in Sicily, being married into the [BadWord]-Caruanas family...

Now I'm wondering, doesn't you're husband happen to be 'connected' to certain people in some way? rolleyes shhh

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 11:25 AM

Make sure you check out Taormina!

And make sure you visit the towns of Savoca and Forza d'Agrò. You will notice something familiar. wink

http://godfather.wikia.com/wiki/Corleone

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
When we stay at my husband's house there in the summers...

Driving a mercedes, having a chiwawa, living in a nice home in New Jersey, wearing fancy dark clothes, having a home in Sicily, being married into the [BadWord]-Caruanas family...

Now I'm wondering, doesn't you're husband happen to be 'connected' to certain people in some way? rolleyes shhh

It's a Yorkie!!!! mad

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 07:49 PM

My bad. I suppose I don't know as much about dogs as I do about organized crime... wink

But you didn't answer the question which probably means that I'm right.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 09:24 PM

I'm pretty retared so you have to say things at least twice to me. So what were you saying? rolleyes

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 11:19 PM

I'm not sure what you're even talking about. Try not to use too much dope, it could kill you.
Posted By: SC

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/19/11 11:47 PM

OK, you two... this ends here and now.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/24/11 08:21 AM

phil ligambi, Mousie, nicodemo, etc

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/27/11 05:08 AM

I`ve bumped into numerous Montreal gangsters over the years:

Nick Rizzuto Jr
Joe Renda
Paolo Renda
Joe Torre
Ray Kahno
Nicolo Rizzuto
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 09:37 AM

Apparently as far as family rumour goes. My dad used to live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in the 70s. My aunt told me stories about how he used to work marginally for Scotto on the waterfront. Which makes him slightly connected.

And I used to live on Arthur Avenue as a kid in the early 90s, I remember a nightclub across the stret where I once saw a dude get clipped. My mom once dated a guy who worked over there. And says she knew a guy name Joey Gambino. Who I suspect is part of the Sicilian Cherry Hill guys.

EDIT: So I'm sure I have, I jsut don't remember it very well hehe

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
And I used to live on Arthur Avenue as a kid in the early 90s, I remember a nightclub across the stret where I once saw a dude get clipped. My mom once dated a guy who worked over there.

Whereabouts on Arthur Avenue?

I lived in that neighborhood from the day I was born (in 1959) until the mid '80s. I've lived in Throggs Neck ever since I got married, but I still own a residential property off the corner of Hoffman and 187th streets. I only ask because I don't remember any nightclubs in the area, and murders in the neighborhood were VERY uncommon through the early '90s (which is the time frame that you're referencing).

Although Patsy Parrello's son, Patsy Jr., was killed in broad daylight in the neighborhood back in '92 or '93.

Posted By: spmob

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 04:54 PM

In south philly its easy to run into somebody. Or down shore in summer. Just a small town. Im only posting on this thread cause I saw Nicodemo at the ATM at Wachovia on Broad and Wolf the other day. I did a double take thinking I knew him.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 05:13 PM

I used to be an altar boy in new York and one time we were told that the family member's brother was in the mafia. i'm not sure which family since it was a long time ago. But after the service he came in the back where we get ready for mass and gave me and my friend about 100 dollar tip for each of us which is very unusual at that time the most we would get is maybe 10 dollars to split lol. He looked gangster to me but i cant be sure

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 06:28 PM

My friend's cousin's first husband's mailman's daughter had sex once with John Jr. She said he's gherkin like. I heard. shhh

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 07:15 PM

And I used to live on Arthur Avenue as a kid in the early 90s, I remember a nightclub across the stret where I once saw a dude get clipped. My mom once dated a guy who worked over there.

Whereabouts on Arthur Avenue?

I lived in that neighborhood from the day I was born (in 1959) until the mid '80s. I've lived in Throggs Neck ever since I got married, but I still own a residential property off the corner of Hoffman and 187th streets. I only ask because I don't remember any nightclubs in the area, and murders in the neighborhood were VERY uncommon through the early '90s (which is the time frame that you're referencing).

Although Patsy Parrello's son, Patsy Jr., was killed in broad daylight in the neighborhood back in '92 or '93.

It was circa early '94. And it wasn't really a night club. I think it was actually a social club or something. And I moved in '96 at the age of 9. And I saw it from my window in the early hours of the morning. Few gunshots, dunno if they guy died or not though, prolly shouldn't use the world clip as it assumes I know what happened to him eventually.

From what I remember in my formative years, the neighborhood was relatively safe, compared to other areas. Can't tell you exactly where I lived, cause I know most of this information second hand, which was brought into question long after I moved away. And found out based on talks with my mother and other relatives. (Knowing they ran numbers across the street, the names of the zip Gambinos she knew, that the guy whom I just saw as a strange man worked over at the social club etc etc). Surprsingly there weren't but a handful of Italians over there I recall, most were Albanian or PR as I remember

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 07:18 PM

Surprsingly there weren't but a handful of Italians over there I recall, most were Albanian or PR as I remember

Yeah, even the Albanians have started to move to the suburbs. The neighborhood is mostly Latino today.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 07:27 PM

Surprsingly there weren't but a handful of Italians over there I recall, most were Albanian or PR as I remember

Yeah, even the Albanians have started to move to the suburbs. The neighborhood is mostly Latino today.

No kiddin? They were so entrenched. Yeah just found out it wasn't Arthur Ave proper. She said it was Hughes Ave. WHich is close.

EDIT: She said it was 2367 Hughes Ave, next to a bakery. So it coulda been a nightclub. But I do know it was some sort of club active during the night, not to say it was a Gatien-esque ecstasy haven or anything. Think it's a cafe or a cigar shop now or soemthing. Most likely the former

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 08:12 PM

My friend's cousin's first husband's mailman's daughter had sex once with John Jr. She said he's gherkin like. I heard. shhh

In size or in texture?

Because those bumps must just sting a lady like Hell.

Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 08:25 PM

In size or in texture?

Nah... I don´t believe it. ´Cos women never kiss and tell...right?

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

In size or in texture?

Nah... I don´t believe it. ´Cos women never kiss and tell...right?

Yes Pizzaboy!! Just like that, in both size and texture. That's what I heard. But who really knows for sure..cause like my Hairy Knuckle friend pointed out, girls never kiss and tell. wink
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 08:38 PM

lol They say that cats pickle's are like that to , that thar is why ya hear all the yellen ! Just Sayen lol
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
In south philly its easy to run into somebody. Or down shore in summer. Just a small town. Im only posting on this thread cause I saw Nicodemo at the ATM at Wachovia on Broad and Wolf the other day. I did a double take thinking I knew him.

Anthony Nicodemo is the only one who is always seen out and about on the streets in South Philly. He is often seen at a bar on Shunk, I cant count another one who lives on the same street as me since I see him every day. Wont give up his name but he is pretty high up.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 12/29/11 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
Originally Posted By: spmob

Anthony Nicodemo is the only one who is always seen out and about on the streets in South Philly. He is often seen at a bar on Shunk, I cant count another one who lives on the same street as me since I see him every day. Wont give up his name but he is pretty high up.
Hope you have a drink with him . I like Philly.
Posted By: Long_Island

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 02/01/12 02:57 PM

New here.

I used to do construction on a house in Deer Park, LI. Capaldo. Not sure if he's made or who he is with. He's doing a year or so now in Brooklyn Detention.
Posted By: goldeneyed

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 02/01/12 03:29 PM

Spartan,

I'm also from Montreal, but originally from Sparti. Why would you ever be visiting Montreal at this time of year? smile
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 02/01/12 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Long_Island
New here.

I used to do construction on a house in Deer Park, LI. Capaldo. Not sure if he's made or who he is with. He's doing a year or so now in Brooklyn Detention.

Welcome to the boards, LI!

Daniel Capaldo? Around 45?
Made member with the Colombos since 2009. He was one of the guys arrested in that massive sweep a year ago.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 02/01/12 04:14 PM

Richie... 60+.

Funny when we go there, all his neighbors are over protective since he's away. Nice guy.

Also interesting is that Deer Park/Dix Hills is packed with 'em. Waverly, Santora (just got busted), Mastrangelo, Vitale (back in the day), Futato, and i'm sure more.

Bellmore has a few as well. 15 miles away.

Deer Park is regular middle class and Dix Hills is more upper class.

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 02/01/12 04:25 PM

Some other interesting stuff in my neck of the woods.

Old bar became a members only club which was known to have cards. Now closed. Uvino did some damage in West Babylon/Lindenhurst. Local coffee shop closed but always packed at night. You don't see anyone but you can tell they're in the back. Not really open to public or at least no one goes there. (not that they're doing anything illegal.)
Posted By: southphilaANTnee

Re: Ever Met or Run Into Any Connected/Made Members? - 02/04/12 06:32 AM

yes quite a few.. my girlfriend is the neice of a made guy in philly and one of my best friends from the neighborhood rooomed with stephen ligambi( uncles joes youngest) at Widener University
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET