Home

Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview

Posted By: Little_Frankie

Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 07:40 PM

Remember those tapes I said I had in my attic? I found the mother load today while digging out my X-mas tree. The first one I popped in had 6 hours of A&E stuff, mostly Gambino. I popped in the second one and when I hit play, I saw Sawyers face. I can't believe I have had this all along and I had no idea. I'm converting it now and I'll upload it tonight. The first copy I'll put up is not that good. I have access to better equipment to convert it but for now I'm just using my Lap top and some mickey mouse software so the video is grainy and "bouncy" but the audio is clear. I'll eventually get a good copy up but for now I just want to get something for you guys to see. Should be sometime after dinner by the time I convert it, edit it into 15 min blocks and upload it.
Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 07:45 PM

same YT account name?

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy
same YT account name?

Here is the link to my youtube account
http://www.youtube.com/user/IittleFrankie?feature=mhee

I will embed the video here in this post when I get it up.

Whats funny is that I'm watching it here as I convert it and none of it looks familiar lol
I don't think I've ever watched it before.

Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 08:19 PM

That video is not the one with Gravano with Sawyer. It's about something else.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: NJBoy55
That video is not the one with Gravano with Sawyer. It's about something else.

That is just the link to my channel. I haven't finished uploading the video yet. It's processing. It'll be up in a few hours.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 10:02 PM

Part 1

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 10:24 PM

Part 2

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 10:45 PM

It's pretty blurry. Although, I did get most of it. Thanks Little Frankie Boy!

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/07/11 10:49 PM

It's pretty blurry. Although, I did get most of it. Thanks Little Frankie Boy!

Yup, the copy I have has lived in a box in my dusty uninsulated attic eves for 15 years. I'm surprised it came out this good lol I might be able to clean it up later but not without a LOT of work so I figured this was better than nothing.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 01:02 AM

Just watched it again. I don't think mobsters or former mobsters should be talking to the government or talking to the news. They chose the life, so they should live it. Don't talk about it.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 01:24 AM

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 01:40 AM

Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 06:15 AM

Dude,you are a fricking god.Many have been searching for this interview for years.Thanks alot.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 07:03 AM

cudos to you brother for posting this!
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 07:53 AM

Thanks a bunch, Frankie. cool

By the way, the daughters of some of the guys Sammy killed still irritate the hell out of me. They sit there acting like they know what the heck was going on or like their fathers held some kind of moral high ground over Gravano. It's news to Dina Milito her dad was a murderer also? No shit. The wives and daughters are usually gonna be the last to know.

And don't get me started on those slimy defense lawyers.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 12:41 PM

Bowing to pay homage... thanks so much... this is beyond money...

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 02:08 PM

Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
By the way, the daughters of some of the guys Sammy killed still irritate the hell out of me. They sit there acting like they know what the heck was going on or like their fathers held some kind of moral high ground over Gravano. It's news to Dina Milito her dad was a murderer also?
clap clap

Perfectly put, Ivy.

These women repulse me (and not just because they're so homely tongue ).

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 06:14 PM

By the way, the daughters of some of the guys Sammy killed still irritate the hell out of me. They sit there acting like they know what the heck was going on or like their fathers held some kind of moral high ground over Gravano. It's news to Dina Milito her dad was a murderer also? No shit. The wives and daughters are usually gonna be the last to know.

Amen brother!
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 07:50 PM

just watched the whole interview it was really good i enjoyed it

i know the govt must have been super pissed that sammy went back to a life of crime in Arizona and went back in the can, i know gaspipe said he saw him in jail and he looked like a dying aids patient or something like that i wonder if sammy has crossed paths with any other lcn guys

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 09:45 PM

Nice job, Little Frankie. Thanks for the upload and welcome to the boards smile.

Man, I remember watching that back in '97 like it was yesterday. They were promoting "Underboss" like crazy at the time.

I, too, had it on a VHS tape somewhere, but it got lost in the shuffle somewhere. Not that I would have been able to convert it and upload it, anyway lol.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/08/11 10:00 PM

Well to be fair Ivy if it was your father killed by Gravano you would probably be pissed too and rightly so. Also Gravano not only got a sweet deal but he made money talking about the murders of their fatgers. Now i'm not defending milito,dibernardo,or debatt since they chose that life. but like Rosanne massa (Mike debatt's sister} said that they weren't altar boys but their lives still had meaning to their families

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 12:00 AM

A friend of mine said he has a copy of this too on VHS. He has it on the same VHS tape the movie GOTTI and WITNESS TO THE MOB is on. It's about the same quality. Some VCR's won't even play it. That's cool it's up on YOUTUBE now. Thanks again Little Frankie Boy! Gravano had plastic surgery to disguise himself then he went and gave the interview for everyone to see. Not very Smart at all.

Posted By: Mooney

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 12:41 AM

great upload, thanks a ton little frankie! Welcome aboard!

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 02:53 AM

A friend of mine said he has a copy of this too on VHS. He has it on the same VHS tape the movie GOTTI and WITNESS TO THE MOB is on. It's about the same quality. Some VCR's won't even play it. That's cool it's up on YOUTUBE now. Thanks again Little Frankie Boy! Gravano had plastic surgery to disguise himself then he went and gave the interview for everyone to see. Not very Smart at all.

I thought the issue was his surgery wasn't to disguise himself in the first place.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 03:03 AM

I do side with the daughters in their objective of wanting to sue Gravano

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 03:30 AM

LNM, It was part of the reason I think.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 05:08 AM

even with the surgery it just fixed his nose a little and a little tuck he still looks the same pretty much as before he got it if you look at the vids of him

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 06:03 AM

Daps, yep, he didn't change all that much. He still looked like Sammy.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Well to be fair Ivy if it was your father killed by Gravano you would probably be pissed too and rightly so. Also Gravano not only got a sweet deal but he made money talking about the murders of their fatgers. Now i'm not defending milito,dibernardo,or debatt since they chose that life. but like Rosanne massa (Mike debatt's sister} said that they weren't altar boys but their lives still had meaning to their families

Them being personally angry at Gravano is understandable. However, if you've seen the interviews these women have given in the past - and not just this one, they act like their fathers were basically hard working, OK guys who maybe just knew some bad people, and then this big awful monster named Sammy Gravano came along and killed them.

But, as the FBI agent in the video says, these guys were all mob members and associates. They chose to be in the life, they knew the risks, and some of them were killers themselves. In fact, if I remember correctly, Milito was involved in one of Sammy's 19 murders. It was Milito, I believe, who stood over the guy and shot him in both eyes.

In short, they're pissed at Sammy for killing their fathers or brothers - even though their fathers and brothers were cut from the same cloth as the guy they're pissed at.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 10:13 AM

That makes me think Ivy, has their been any legal precedent of people being successful in suing informants after sentences served for harm or murder against relatives? With or without WIt Protection, any success?

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 11:06 AM

You mean like the Son of Sam Law?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_Sam_law

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/09/11 09:50 PM

No, I thought Son of Sam just kept murderers from profiting off story.

With or without book deal, regardless, have Witness Protection informants ever been successfully sued by victim's relatives?
Posted By: botz

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 05:04 AM

thanks for finding this i still can't find that cllip where john stanfa is cussing out geraldo when geraldo tries to talk to him

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas

With or without book deal, regardless, have Witness Protection informants ever been successfully sued by victim's relatives?

Maybe but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 06:09 PM

I remember hearing that the suit against Gravano made significant headway after his Ecstasy conviction, but I can't remember from where.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 06:22 PM

I think he means a civil suit similar to the one the Goldmans filed against O.J.

And I can't think of any, either.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I think he means a civil suit similar to the one the Goldmans filed against O.J.

And I can't think of any, either.

Wait...didn't the Goldmans end up with money from "If I Did It"? Was that from a court case?

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 07:19 PM

I think they got something, but nothing close to what the liens amount to.

O.J. was very shrewd moving everything to Florida. The state laws are so backwards regarding property that the Goldmans will never take it away from him.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/10/11 11:42 PM

And I can't think of any, either. [/quote]

Exactly that.

And speaking of OJ, I had forgotten about that fuckin' book he wrote. Damn, I read the subplot on wiki, can't believe that shit, what balls on that guy.
Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 02:07 PM

Little_Frankie,could you also upload the Gaspipe Casso 60 minutes special if you have it,please?It would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: eurodave

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 05:04 PM

What a serious douchebag......the guy rats on everybody, goes to Arizona and wants to set up the Arizona mafia family lol

And guys from NYC are supplying him pills.

That just tells you how much credibility these informants have and what they are willing to do to save their neck.

LA COSA NOSTRA MY ASS......it's all about the dollar.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: eurodave
What a serious douchebag......the guy rats on everybody, goes to Arizona and wants to set up the Arizona mafia family lol

That just tells you how much credibility these informants have and what they are willing to do to save their neck.

I am with you ! Alot of people don't like John Gotti Sr. either, but the man went to prison , kept his mouth shut and died thar.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 05:34 PM

Henry Hill is another douchebag , I liked the movie but I don't need to say more.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Frosty
Henry Hill is another douchebag , I liked the movie but I don't need to say more.
he has really spiraled down the drain. i did find him interesting tho. prob because of goodfellas you ever check out his crappy paintings he sells on ebay? my god.....true crap.
Posted By: eurodave

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 08:35 PM

I am with you ! Alot of people don't like John Gotti Sr. either, but the man went to prison , kept his mouth shut and died thar.

The turn informant and rat people they they don't like or rivals, thus eliminating them. But they rarely rat on potential mob candidates and that's why even though Massino and Vitale went RICO, the organization continues to operate.

Basically the government makes a deal with the devil to get a few guys prosecuted in court and some wiseguy takes advantage of the situation and moves to Arizona and start selling books about his life.

Both the government and these worthless informants are disgusting. Gravano who killed so many people was able to rebuild his life and start living in luxury again while other people lost loved ones.

Im glad he's rotting in jail

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/11/11 09:41 PM

every time i think of gravano i think of what al d'arco said of him

"sammy bullshit! every time he saw me he would duck, he knew we wanted to hit him"

any update on the gaspipe interview video?
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 05:00 PM

Now that's a great quote Dapper from D'Arco. Sammy's a disappointment and looks like meth freak at FLOMAX.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 05:13 PM

gotti also got over on the govt by only having to do like 10 yrs in jail on his life sentence lol

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

gotti also got over on the govt by only having to do like 10 yrs in jail on his life sentence lol

Even in jail the Dapper Don was defiant

"You will get an ass kicking from me you will never forget"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFydrV9dN0

"Do you want us to cut his tongue out of his mouth?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=WZ2m9RmYeXo

there was another vid where Gotti was like "You know why im jail, it took them $50 million dollars, and 10 lying rats that killed 100 people to put me in here" something like that

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Even in jail the Dapper Don was defiant

When you're doing life, all you have left is defiance, Dap.

I thought Gotti was cafone and a lout, and I can honestly say that I felt early on (by 1986 or 1987) that the Feds weren't going to rest until they got him. But, he did believe in what he believed in, and you can't take that away from him.

I'll credit him for that if nothing else.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmX9omTTGY&feature=related

that is Gotti Jr's 60 minutes interview it is very good I thought

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:23 PM

The turn informant and rat people they they don't like or rivals, thus eliminating them. But they rarely rat on potential mob candidates and that's why even though Massino and Vitale went RICO, the organization continues to operate.

Basically the government makes a deal with the devil to get a few guys prosecuted in court and some wiseguy takes advantage of the situation and moves to Arizona and start selling books about his life.

Both the government and these worthless informants are disgusting. Gravano who killed so many people was able to rebuild his life and start living in luxury again while other people lost loved ones.

Im glad he's rotting in jail

Yes, Gotti didn't flip. Although I'd argue he may have been on the one guy the government would never make a deal with anyhow. They wanted him behind bars in the worst way.

And, in any event, Gotti's leadership style did as much - if not more - damage than if he had turned rat. Making everyone show up at the Ravenite on a weekly basis, right in front of FBI surveillance. Talking about family business, including multiple murders, for hours while being taped. As somebody once said, Gotti was the mouth that roared.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:24 PM

I see your aviatar and I am writing this . Damm straight he did have a attitude. But he said it the way it was to him. And I gotta say he did have class. His wife didn't think so lol by comments she made . But his son that got killed on the bike. I think took something out of him. The neighbor should have went over and told him straight up he was sorry, it might have saved is bacon.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:25 PM

And, in any event, Gotti's leadership style did as much - if not more - damage than if he had turned rat. Making everyone show up at the Ravenite on a weekly basis, right in front of FBI surveillance. Talking about family business, including multiple murders, for hours while being taped. As somebody once said, Gotti was the mouth that roared.

Ahh, my like-minded friend from Utah.

Exactly.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:45 PM

Ahh, my like-minded friend from Utah.

Exactly.
I will take the bounce on this one, I have to agree . lol

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/12/11 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmX9omTTGY&feature=related

that is Gotti Jr's 60 minutes interview it is very good I thought

I watched this a while ago, but I forgot how similar their voices were.
Posted By: capo16

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/15/11 07:55 PM

Thanks man I've been looking for this forever. I have no remorse for his victims families because most of the guys he killed were killers them self's other then the cement union guy

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/16/11 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: capo16
Thanks man I've been looking for this forever. I have no remorse for his victims families because most of the guys he killed were killers them self's other then the cement union guy

and his own brother-in-law.

Re: Sammy Gravano Diane Sawyer interview - 12/16/11 09:29 PM

The best part of that whole interview is the horrified look on Diane Sawyer's pasty wasp face.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET