Home

Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters

Posted By: StreetNeapolitan1718

Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/18/11 07:51 PM

I gotta question for Youse Do you think that Neapolitans are just more flashy and hot headed then sicilians when it come to Money cause in my opionon I think sicilians are low key and all they care about is money and in general for non mobsters anyone agree?
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/18/11 10:40 PM

This was a part of the friction between castellano and gotti. Castellano looked at neopolitans as hotheads and too emotional
Posted By: LordSlickNutz

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 01:14 AM

Not sure where they get the reputation as flashy and hot headed (excluding Gotti). I mean Vito Genovese is anything but those traits mentioned.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 02:49 AM

This is one of the reasons Castellano was relunctant to give Roy DeMeo his button. Cause of his neapolitan ancestry. That and he was a crazy motherfucker involved in alot of street crime. Castellano was said to prefer more low-key rackets like labor racketeering and the like

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 04:04 AM

Roy Demeo only got his button because of his relationship to Gaggi. If Roy was in any other crew, I don't think Paul would have tolerate him, let alone inducting him into the Family.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 08:00 AM

One thing is for sure, the Camorra in Naples is easily the most chaotic of the OC groups in Italy.
Posted By: Mussolini14

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
One thing is for sure, the Camorra in Naples is easily the most chaotic of the OC groups in Italy.

Why do you suppose that is Ivy?
Posted By: carmela

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Mussolini14

Probably because they have so much fighting amongst themselves. They're more like gangs, rather than organized, with a different structure altogether.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 12:34 PM

Are the Camorras that disorganized, Carmela (and Ivy)? I admit I am not that particular informed on them or Italian organized crime for that matter. All I know is the Camorras are not traditional in the sense that they did have a woman acting boss.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 12:58 PM

The Sicilians and Calabrians seem to be more organized than the Neopolitans. I don't know think the Camorra has ever had an overall ruling body like the Cupola. Like carmela said, there is a lot of fighting among the Camorra clans. They're less rigidly structured and more flexible in who they let in.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 03:00 PM

the camorra today is sure less organized than cosa nostra and ndrangheta
but the funny thing is that in the past it had a real cupola
in 1820 it was ruled by a commission of bosses according to italian reports of that time
the old camorra was dismantled at the beginning of 1900 after the cuocolo trial
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 03:03 PM

According to the book "Gamorrah" the Camorra are responsible for far more murders than the Cosa Nostra or 'Ndrangheta. In recent years Cosa Nostra murders in Sicily have fallen dramatically, while there are still many Camorra related murders in Naples.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/19/11 06:24 PM

with the exception of 80s in which formed two superfamilies, the NCO (the New Organised Camorra) and NF (New family), for the rest of the clans form and dissolve continuously. prevails in Sicily, the technique of dissolution in acid and the shotgun white or to disappear the corpse, in Sicily there is a cupola that decides in Campania are like gangs of los angeles, this is the difference.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/20/11 03:58 AM

yes camorra kills more than mafia and ndrangheta, but it doesn't matter with the fact it is less organized by far
cosa nostra and ndrangheta are stronger although they kill less
Posted By: HermitKermit

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/20/11 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Probably because they have so much fighting amongst themselves. They're more like gangs, rather than organized, with a different structure altogether.

I disagree with this quote, the Camorra aren't definitely street gangs, I believe the Camorra are structured similar to some Mexican Cartels. The big difference between Bloods and Camorra or Los Zetas is that the Bloods have no chain of command unlike Los Zetas. Bloods gang members from California have no co ordination or even connection from Bloods of New York etc., many of the Blood gangs/sets are independent gangs (with similar gang name)that operate locally with no co-ordination or chain of command. Los Zetas in the other hand operate in half of Mexico and many Latin American countries, many of the cell leaders, commadantes or even plaza bosses aren't local they come from different parts of Mexico and are sent there by their superiors, they co-ordinate with each other on the order of the upper management.
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/20/11 08:39 AM

Most Sicilianu in general have respect for everybody, but are very strong people and they would be your best of friends, but once you do them wrong. Let's put it this way, it would suck to be you. LOL!

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/20/11 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: HermitKermit

I disagree with this quote, the Camorra aren't definitely street gangs, I believe the Camorra are structured similar to some Mexican Cartels. The big difference between Bloods and Camorra or Los Zetas is that the Bloods have no chain of command unlike Los Zetas. Bloods gang members from California have no co ordination or even connection from Bloods of New York etc., many of the Blood gangs/sets are independent gangs (with similar gang name)that operate locally with no co-ordination or chain of command. Los Zetas in the other hand operate in half of Mexico and many Latin American countries, many of the cell leaders, commadantes or even plaza bosses aren't local they come from different parts of Mexico and are sent there by their superiors, they co-ordinate with each other on the order of the upper management.

I only said, "they are more like gangs...", meaning compared to 'Ndrangheta and Cosa Nostra. And they are. Why are you going into an entire explanation comparing Camorra to Los Zetas and Bloods? I don't know anything about Los Zetas or Bloods (does that have anything to do with this topic?). If anything, Furio likened Camorra to "gangs of LA". This would be better suited for him to answer.
Posted By: HermitKermit

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/20/11 12:48 PM

I'm just stating and giving examples of what makes an organized group and what makes a street gangs; street gangs in general like Bloods, Sur 13, Crips etc. are gangs that operate locally with little to no connection or co-ordination and most importantly no chain of command as a whole. I personally don't know how the Camorra operate but I'm just giving speculation of how I think they operate, I'm not comparing Bloods with the Camorra or Los Zetas with them. I don't know anything about the Camorra or any of the Italian OC groups for that matter.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/21/11 09:43 PM

camorra is organized crime although less organized than mafia or ndrangheta
camorra has big political connections at both local and national level and it's stronly rooted in its territory it's power is by far higher than any street gangs lke blood or crips, no comparison at all
some camorra groups like casalesi or nuvoletta are organized like mafia and ndrangheta
several camorra bosses are part of cosa nostra

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/21/11 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w
camorra is organized crime although less organized than mafia or ndrangheta
camorra has big political connections at both local and national level and it's stronly rooted in its territory it's power is by far higher than any street gangs lke blood or crips, no comparison at all
some camorra groups like casalesi or nuvoletta are organized like mafia and ndrangheta
several camorra bosses are part of cosa nostra

I can agree with this. And to be clear, when I likened them to more like gangs than organized, I was strictly comparing them to Cosa Nostra, as per the thread title. I didn't at all delve into Camorra as street gangs compared to bloods, crips, Zetas, cartels, etc. I know nothing of those groups, but again, they weren't the discussion. More of a gang than Cosa Nostra is all I meant. And it is true.

Several camorra bosses ARE part of Cosa Nostra. Absolutely! You wouldn't believe how many people don't believe that. Ridiculous.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/21/11 09:57 PM

Camorra bosses part of Cosa Nostra?

Wasn't it always Cosa Nostra that the Camorra always had a rivalry with? Not a violent feud, but a north vs. south sort of thing. A rivalry like a sports team or school team. It wasn't until the 70's when the Sicilian criminals convinced the new bosses of Camorra clans to give up smuggling contraband cigarettes in exchange for heroin.

Are the Camorra guys actually made in cosa nostra or are they close partners in crime?
Posted By: yigido

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/21/11 10:03 PM

yeah the founder of the casalesi clan for example was made into sicilian family if im not wrong.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/21/11 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: yigido
yeah the founder of the casalesi clan for example was made into sicilian family if im not wrong.

Yes. Antonio Bardellino.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/21/11 11:34 PM

Was he a Sicilian who went north to Naples or a Camorristi who reached out to the Sicilians?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 12:30 AM

it was when some sicilian bosses were on the lam in campania
anyway the origin of these organizations is common and it comes from the old italian masonic lodges that became criminally involved
camorra, mafia and ndrangheta are just nicknames not the real names of them
they are all called 'honoured society'

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: m2w

camorra, mafia and ndrangheta are just nicknames not the real names of them
they are all called 'honoured society'

Perfect. It's exactly what I've been saying on the *AHEM* other forum for years, and recently on here. They just don't get it.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 04:03 AM

And as in the Unites States, violence is very typically internal and not between organizations?

Do they all maintain regional dominance and stay out of each others locales out of familiar respect or are they eager to encroach on each other?

How does the Sacra Corona Unita interact with the other 'Big 3' Italian organized crime groups? Considering that SCU is a young group compared to Cosa Nostra or the local Ndrengheta. Raffeale Cutolo started the SCU as a super-Camorra family; does this affect relations with Camorra clans?

Anyone familiar with the northern Mala del Brenta or the other Sicilian criminals, La Stidda?
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime
This is one of the reasons Castellano was relunctant to give Roy DeMeo his button. Cause of his neapolitan ancestry. That and he was a crazy motherfucker involved in alot of street crime. Castellano was said to prefer more low-key rackets like labor racketeering and the like

I think you'll find there's a history of Neapolitan inductee's into the Gambino Family, and that the second reason you listed was more the case. Gaggi used the Neapolitan angle as a bullshit reason for why DeMeo could not be made an official captain, despte him being the leader of his own crew anyway.

Yes. Antonio Bardellino.

Were there not a few other Camorristi inducted into Cosa Nostra during the 1980's as a way of ensuring loyalty in regards to joint cigarette smuggling or 'buttlegging' rackets? I may be wrong, the names escape me for the moment.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 04:20 AM

Nicholas... La Stidda are garbage. Technically they are Cosa Nostra. But, they are really outcasts, members that broke rules of Cosa Nostra and went their own way. 2-bit criminals that do anything for a dollar and hire anyone that wants in. Talk about gangs. In the 80's, in particular, they tried to takeover Cosa Nostra and the wars broke out. Check into the wars of Porto Empedocle, Agrigento, of the 80's, where they killed a Cosa Nostra boss, Nino Messina, and so began the war.
Today, however, some have put old differences and grudges aside and have worked together ...in drugs particularly. I was even at a wedding 2 years ago in Sicily where the sister of a top current leader of Stidda (yes, they are still around), married a member of Cosa Nostra... her family member had killed the father of the groom ( her husband) in the 80's!! (Not all attended cause some won't let go of the grudge, and understandably so). Unbelievable. This is a sign of the times. They collaborate on many things now to make the money and stay alive. BUT, to many of them, they are unforgiving and still hold grudges of their fathers and brothers being killed by Stidda. Rightfully so.

Personally, I think nothing more of Stidda than shit.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Originally Posted By: AmericanCrime

I think you'll find there's a history of Neapolitan inductee's into the Gambino Family, and that the second reason you listed was more the case. Gaggi used the Neapolitan angle as a bullshit reason for why DeMeo could not be made an official captain, despte him being the leader of his own crew anyway.

Yes. Antonio Bardellino.

Were there not a few other Camorristi inducted into Cosa Nostra during the 1980's as a way of ensuring loyalty in regards to joint cigarette smuggling or 'buttlegging' rackets? I may be wrong, the names escape me for the moment.

Yes, and Michele Zaza was one of them.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
And as in the Unites States, violence is very typically internal and not between organizations?

Do they all maintain regional dominance and stay out of each others locales out of familiar respect or are they eager to encroach on each other?

How does the Sacra Corona Unita interact with the other 'Big 3' Italian organized crime groups? Considering that SCU is a young group compared to Cosa Nostra or the local Ndrengheta. Raffeale Cutolo started the SCU as a super-Camorra family; does this affect relations with Camorra clans?

Anyone familiar with the northern Mala del Brenta or the other Sicilian criminals, La Stidda?

they all maintain regional dominance, i've never heard of a total war between cosa nostra or camorra or ndrangheta, almost all the wars are within the same groups...
the only places where some frictions between different regional groups could be is in north italy where all the 4 groups have cells anyway all the big bosses are linked eachother inside prisons and outside that's because you never will have a war between sicilians and calabrians if not at local level in some northern city at most

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 07:40 AM

Yeah that's what I figured, just like here in the States, families go to war with themselves, not each other.

How does the Sacra Corona Unita see themselves along the 'Big 3' of Italian Organized crime
Posted By: yigido

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 03:17 PM

what about organized crime in turin? here we had a few italians from turin who where involved in the usual rackets but they never made the papers.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/22/11 05:44 PM

turin is run by ndrangheta and sicilian mafia for the most, there are also smaller camorra and scu cells
Posted By: botz

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/27/11 10:00 PM

Instead of mobsters that orginate from neapolitan or sicilian stock is there alot of american mobsters that there people come from the region of veneto.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 11/27/11 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: botz
Instead of mobsters that orginate from neapolitan or sicilian stock is there alot of american mobsters that there people come from the region of veneto.

Dellacroce.
Steven Crea's parents where from somewhere up north
Corozzo's family's from Piedmont. About as mafia related as Hawaii
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 05:56 PM

There's a rivalry between every region in Italy. The thing that I've always hated was when people ask if someone is sicilian or italian. You never see anyone ask if someone is neapolitan or italian. But anyway, there's more of a rivalry between southern italy and northern italy. But I've never seen that much of a difference between Sicily and other southern regions of Italy. People always say there's a huge difference but I've been to Italy and I've lived in America all my life and I've never seen a difference between most southern italian Americans and southern Italians in italy whether they're neapolitan, calabrese, or sicilian.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
There's a rivalry between every region in Italy. The thing that I've always hated was when people ask if someone is sicilian or italian. You never see anyone ask if someone is neapolitan or italian. But anyway, there's more of a rivalry between southern italy than northern. But I've never seen that much of a difference between Sicily and other southern regions of Italy. People always say there's a huge difference but I've been to Italy and I've lived in America all my life and I've never seen a difference between most southern italian Americans whether they're neapolitan, calabrese, or sicilian.

The reason people separate sicilians with italians is because sicily is it's own island. It's separate from Italy and yes there is a HUGE difference in people, culture, food, attitude between sicilians and the mainland. You haven't spent enough time (or any time) in Sicily to understand it and you won't understand it from simply knowing Italian-Americans or Sicilian-Americans in this country.
Posted By: Caemine718

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 06:11 PM

^ Trust the women with no shirt I'm caemine and I'm from caccamo
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 06:17 PM

The main difference between the two is for example, my roots are from alessandria della rocca, and we tend to have very large penis, my late mothers friends who were second gen. out of Naples, have extremely small penis.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 06:31 PM

There's a rivalry between every region in Italy. The thing that I've always hated was when people ask if someone is sicilian or italian. You never see anyone ask if someone is neapolitan or italian. But anyway, there's more of a rivalry between southern italy than northern. But I've never seen that much of a difference between Sicily and other southern regions of Italy. People always say there's a huge difference but I've been to Italy and I've lived in America all my life and I've never seen a difference between most southern italian Americans whether they're neapolitan, calabrese, or sicilian.

The reason people separate sicilians with italians is because sicily is it's own island. It's separate from Italy and yes there is a HUGE difference in people, culture, food, attitude between sicilians and the mainland. You haven't spent enough time (or any time) in Sicily to understand it and you won't understand it from simply knowing Italian-Americans or Sicilian-Americans in this country.

I am sicilian. And I've never see a HUGE difference between Sicily and other southern italian regions. It's not like it seems like its a whole different culture compared to other southern italian cultures. Sardinia is an island on its own as well, I don't see anyone saying Sardinians and Italians. And people don't understand that not all of Sicily is the same. The towns differ from each other as well. Just like every other italian region.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 06:57 PM

growing up in a sicilian home you would understand..my father would napolitano.. ah that''s o.k.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 07:17 PM

My next door neighbors were calabrese americans and my parents and relatives used to speak italian to them with no problem and if anything they looked more sicilian than anyone in my family did. They used to cook the same way for the most part as we did in my household and they cooked the same food for the most part also.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
The main difference between the two is for example, my roots are from alessandria della rocca, and we tend to have very large penis, my late mothers friends who were second gen. out of Naples, have extremely small penis.

lol

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 07:37 PM

I am sicilian. And I've never see a HUGE difference between Sicily and other southern italian regions. It's not like it seems like its a whole different culture compared to other southern italian cultures. Sardinia is an island on its own as well, I don't see anyone saying Sardinians and Italians. And people don't understand that not all of Sicily is the same. The towns differ from each other as well. Just like every other italian region.

First of all, I'm in Sicily nearly every summer for the last 20 years or more. I know the island like the back of my hand. The towns in Sicily don't differ like you say.
This rivalry that you say is between all towns, doesn't exist. The north would look down on the south because, unlike Sicily, they had the better educations, the better schools and that. Not so much anymore, things have changed.
You are right though, there isn't such a big culture difference between north and south. What I meant by that is Sicily is all about fishing, the ports and water surrounding it, whereas the north is more mountain, they make cheese and more baking and such. This is what i meant about culture. Sicily is all fish. North, no.

If you're in Italy and someone says to you, "dove vieni?" they're asking you where are you from, in which case you'd answer what part of Italy/Sicily you come from. Nobody walks around Italy saying, "I'm sicilian, I'm roman, I'm neapolitan...."
And YES, if you run into a person over here that is from Sardinia, they will most definitely say they are Sardinian.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 07:49 PM

First of all, I'm in Sicily nearly every summer for the last 20 years or more. I know the island like the back of my hand. The towns in Sicily don't differ like you say.
This rivalry that you say is between all towns, doesn't exist. The north would look down on the south because, unlike Sicily, they had the better educations, the better schools and that. Not so much anymore, things have changed.
You are right though, there isn't such a big culture difference between north and south. What I meant by that is Sicily is all about fishing, the ports and water surrounding it, whereas the north is more mountain, they make cheese and more baking and such. This is what i meant about culture. Sicily is all fish. North, no.

If you're in Italy and someone says to you, "dove vieni?" they're asking you where are you from, in which case you'd answer what part of Italy/Sicily you come from. Nobody walks around Italy saying, "I'm sicilian, I'm roman, I'm neapolitan...."
And YES, if you run into a person over here that is from Sardinia, they will most definitely say they are Sardinian.

I wasn't talking about rivalries between the towns today, I was talking about in the past. But yes I agree about the north and south. Fishing is huge in Sicily yes, but I still stand by the fact that Sicilians and other southern Italians are very much the same. Not northern Italians though.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 07:53 PM

Why do you only see people saying italian/sicilian instead of italian/sicilian/Sardinia. Anthony Gaspipe Casso is neapolitan but he looks 100% sicilian.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:01 PM

Why do you only see people saying italian/sicilian instead of italian/sicilian/Sardinia. Anthony Gaspipe Casso is neapolitan but he looks 100% sicilian.

i'm not sure. Exactly how many people have you run into from Sardinia? It doesn't come up very often.
My husband is born and raised in sicily, has green eyes. A lot of his family there is fair as well, light eyes, etc. Same with like you said...some northerners looking like they should come from the deep south.
My father is born in sicily too, and has light eyes, so do I.

I do agree with you though about calabrians, they are close to sicilians, mostly because they are geographically the closest to sicily. They're extremely similar.

With regard to people from Napoli, if they are speaking their dialect heavy, I can't understand a word of it.

Also between the mafia groups some people love to make it out like they're enemies or rivals for some reason. That's not the case at all.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:02 PM

Northern Italians have always looked down on southern Italians. Not so much in America but in Italy they still do to a lesser extent than years ago. The thing is, italy is still a very young country. It became a country in 1861 which isn't that long ago. I'm sure sometime in the future you will see everyone in Italy call themselves italian rather than the region that they hail from. When America first formed, we were still extremely divided, but today there's more of a sense of pride being from America whether you're from Ohio or Louisiana. People don't look at it was northerners and southerners anymore, we are all one now. Obviously we are still divided some what but compared to centuries ago we have vastly improved.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:06 PM

i'm not sure. Exactly how many people have you run into from Sardinia? It doesn't come up very often.
My husband is born and raised in sicily, has green eyes. A lot of his family there is fair as well, light eyes, etc. Same with like you said...some northerners looking like they should come from the deep south.
My father is born in sicily too, and has light eyes, so do I.

I do agree with you though about calabrians, they are close to sicilians, mostly because they are geographically the closest to sicily. They're extremely similar.

With regard to people from Napoli, if they are speaking their dialect heavy, I can't understand a word of it.

Also between the mafia groups some people love to make it out like they're enemies or rivals for some reason. That's not the case at all.

I agree. I'm pretty sure there are some parts of naples and campania that speak a dialect eerily similar to sicilian but don't quote me on that. I actually know one person who is from Sardinia that's why I brought up the question.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:06 PM

^^^ Yes, there's a lot of truth to that. You'll see in sicily all the kids are speaking proper italian now, and moving away from the dialect. Maybe just in the homes or whatever, they speak dialect and the older ones will always speak dialect, but parents are speaking more and more italian than sicilian today. That's true.
But try and convince a sicilian they are "all one" and good luck to you.

If someone in the US asks my husband where he's from, due to his accent, he answers "Italy." If they say "what part?", he will then answer "sicily".

edit: this post was in answer to your next to last one.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:16 PM

^^^ Yes, there's a lot of truth to that. You'll see in sicily all the kids are speaking proper italian now, and moving away from the dialect. Maybe just in the homes or whatever, they speak dialect and the older ones will always speak dialect, but parents are speaking more and more italian than sicilian today. That's true.
But try and convince a sicilian they are "all one" and good luck to you.

If someone in the US asks my husband where he's from, due to his accent, he answers "Italy." If they say "what part?", he will then answer "sicily".

edit: this post was in answer to your next to last one.

I agree again. Most Italians don't feel united YET. But years from now I'm sure they will. And that's the way my relatives used to answer. They'd say they're italian and then if they were asked what type they would say sicilian.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:22 PM

You are 100% right about calabria. Especially southern calabria. Southern calabria is easily mistaken for sicilian. In parts of calabria they speak the sicilian dialect as well. Well, they used to at least idk about anymore.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:24 PM

At the end of WW2 there was a movement in Sicily to become a state. Can you imagine if that ever happened? I don't think anyone here in the USA ever seriously considered giving them statehood though. But back then the sicilians didn't like how they were being treated by the mainland.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:38 PM

Many of the southern Italians were also invaded and violated by the Normans. And if that ever happened idk what I would think about it.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:40 PM

I could never see that happening though. Then or now. It would be so weird.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 08:47 PM

Especially since Sicilians have italian names. For instance, someone can have the last name calogero and be from Sicily while someone else can have that same last name and be from Torino.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 09:01 PM

Especially since Sicilians have italian names. For instance, someone can have the last name calogero and be from Sicily while someone else can have that same last name and be from Torino.

I'm sure you meant Calogero as a first name, not last.

And I'm going to disagree with you on this. First names in Italy and Sicily are just as regional as last names are. You can tell where a person is from many times just by their first name.

For instance, Giancarlo is a northern name, not very common at all in sicily. The member here Giancarlo would tell you this, but that's not his real name.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 09:36 PM

For instance, Giancarlo is a northern name, not very common at all in sicily. The member here Giancarlo would tell you this, but that's not his real name.

You don't have the slightest idea what my name is, now do you? So go ahead princess, whats my real name?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 09:45 PM

And I'm going to disagree with you on this. First names in Italy and Sicily are just as regional as last names are. You can tell where a person is from many times just by their first name.

Idk. There's names like Salvatore that are used in all regions of Italy. There are last names like Russo that can be found in all regions of Italy. And calogero is a first and last name. Just like the name Carlo for instance. That's why I never go by names because someone can have any italian last name and they can be from anywhere in Italy.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

You don't have the slightest idea what my name is, now do you? So go ahead princess, whats my real name?

I never knew your real name in all the years I've known you from RD. You went by Kevlar. You chose the name Giancarlo on here for reasons that you know why, but it's not yours.
Done with you, just so long as you know that you never got over on me, KEV.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 10:01 PM

Just what i thought, you don't know shit. Your like a broken record just like your pal Dicknose.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 10:02 PM

Idk. There's names like Salvatore that are used in all regions of Italy. There are last names like Russo that can be found in all regions of Italy. And calogero is a first and last name. Just like the name Carlo for instance. That's why I never go by names because someone can have any italian last name and they can be from anywhere in Italy.

Calogero is a last name? Please PLEASE show me somebody that has the last name Calogero.

First names are regional, just as last names are. You're out of your element on this one. That's not to say you won't see some northern names in the south and vice versa, but there are definitely names that will be mainly found in the north and names that will mainly be in the south.

edit: You're right about the last name Calogero. It's around but rare. I asked my husband and he said it does exist as a surname, so my apologies on that, you are right.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 10:27 PM

It's fine. No apology needed. Most people only know calogero from a bronx tale but it is a last name as well. And it's usually the last name of southern Italians. But that doesn't mean there are absolutely no northern Italians with that last name. You could probably find a lot of northern Italians with that last name if you look hard enough. That's why I don't go by last names to try and figure out where In Italy that person may be from. The last name lucchese sounds more like a northern name but tommy lucchese was sicilian so that's one example.
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 10:30 PM

One prefers round slices and the other square slices.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 10:33 PM

^Lol. Both are great but I probably prefer the more round slices. NYC/NJ pizza is the best. Well, actually NJ pizza is just the same as NY pizza so it would just be NY pizza.
Posted By: Lilange

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/18/13 10:45 PM

Thanks revis I was always a fan of the regular slice put now I find I like a good Sicilian more often.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 01:40 AM

Carmela, my husband writes into this site. I can't believe how many men write in and think that you are a women,what a joke. I guess you need to have a penis for the weakness. You are an imbecile and so are the men who respond to you. You are really a man. Why don't you give your real identity like the rest.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 01:57 AM

So you're telling me bronx that people lie about who they realy are on the internet? Never heard of it happening.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:12 AM

You dislike someone that much that youve never met in rea life? Must of been some sick shit she pulled.
Posted By: SC

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
Carmela, my husband writes into this site. I can't believe how many men write in and think that you are a women,what a joke. I guess you need to have a penis for the weakness. You are an imbecile and so are the men who respond to you. You are really a man. Why don't you give your real identity like the rest.

Why don't you apologize to carmela and stop this flaming crap.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:32 AM

who cares if shes a woman or a man? pointless comment its the internet we might as well all be sexless
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:34 AM

and also what is cosa nostra? i thought that was the name of the us mob ( la cosa nostra) but ive been corrected that it is the italian lot as well. is it a particular branch or a general name for everything in italy?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:36 AM

Generally refers to sicily and the u.s.
Posted By: Slava

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 04:35 AM

It's fine. No apology needed. Most people only know calogero from a bronx tale but it is a last name as well. And it's usually the last name of southern Italians. But that doesn't mean there are absolutely no northern Italians with that last name. You could probably find a lot of northern Italians with that last name if you look hard enough. That's why I don't go by last names to try and figure out where In Italy that person may be from. The last name lucchese sounds more like a northern name but tommy lucchese was sicilian so that's one example.

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo-v...15#.UhGgEdKTR4g

This is a good site to search where certain Italian last names are common in Italy and in the US
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

I never knew your real name in all the years I've known you from RD. You went by Kevlar. You chose the name Giancarlo on here for reasons that you know why, but it's not yours.
Done with you, just so long as you know that you never got over on me, KEV.

Never would have guessed that Giancarlo is Kevlar. No Duane Allman drawings to clue me in. LOL

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Never would have guessed that Giancarlo is Kevlar. No Duane Allman drawings to clue me in. LOL

Well so says Carmela. lol But she's been talking shit from the day i started posting. A real charmer that one is. lol

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 05:43 AM

Time to give it a rest, Giancarlo.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:46 PM

Here is your proof, but keep in mind, I was 50 lbs thinner in this picture. I'm working on it though!!

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:52 PM

^^^I heard she was getting a 95 pound mole taken off her ass

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 02:59 PM

Her blood type is "Ragu".
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 03:37 PM

You're a woman, Bronx?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 04:05 PM

I'm pretty sure Bronx is a guy. He's always been cool with me so I'm guessing somebody used his account to post that. Probably some jealous woman doesn't like her husband hanging around a Ginny Sac look a like. I get that a lot.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 04:16 PM

Probably some jealous woman doesn't like her husband hanging around a Ginny Sac look a like. I get that a lot.

lol clap cool

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

Lol!
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 05:22 PM

lol more like "Ragu with 4 cheeses".

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 05:59 PM

I'm pretty sure Bronx is a guy. He's always been cool with me so I'm guessing somebody used his account to post that. Probably some jealous woman doesn't like her husband hanging around a Ginny Sac look a like. I get that a lot.

You sure do sweetheart,you hungry girl?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You're a woman, Bronx?

Do you have a women pizzaboy? I think bronx is already taken.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 07:08 PM

Let me get this straight, in this forum we have a woman poster who is really a guy and a guy poster who is a really woman?
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 07:28 PM

So it would seem wink lol

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 07:36 PM

All kidding aside, and not that it should make a difference, but anyone that knows me from facebook or wherever, can vouch for me being a female.

Whether male or female, bronx will now be known as the little bitch who started something that they couldn't finish.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:03 PM

Whether male or female, bronx will now be known as the little bitch who started something that they couldn't finish.

Not to be confused with "East Bronx" on the other site. That guy is a peach grin.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:08 PM

Do you know who says things like that carmela......ugly people
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:23 PM

bobbytran.

Your trolling is sad. And tbh, a little pathetic.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran
Do you know who says things like that carmela......ugly people

She ain't ugly, dude. That's for damn sure. She might be fuckin crazy, but she's hot grin.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:29 PM

@Sonnyblackstein not pizzaboy

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:30 PM

Not to be confused with "East Bronx" on the other site. That guy is a peach grin.

No kidding the guy's awesome but he sounds like an old fart a lot. The kind that's always telling you "we didn't have this back in our day"
I remember him mentioning his first Christmas WAS the first Christmas lol lol

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
No kidding the guy's awesome but he sounds like an old fart a lot.

Still young enough to handle anyone from Cape freakin Cod (well, maybe not the lesbians, they're a pretty tough bunch tongue grin ).

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:41 PM

No kidding the guy's awesome but he sounds like an old fart a lot.

Still young enough to handle anyone from Cape freakin Cod (well, maybe not the lesbians, they're a pretty tough bunch tongue grin ).

I know many lesbians. Two are hot, the rest, well, let's just say you don't wanna see them in action lol it's really handy when you can call in favors from them

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 08:46 PM

I know many lesbians. Two are hot, the rest, well, let's just say you don't wanna see them in action lol it's really handy when you can call in favors from them

Lesbians are cool. As a matter of fact, if I was a broad I'd definitely be a lesbian. And they singlehandedly keep the flannel shirt industry in business, so they're good for the economy. And they can hang the fuck out of drywall, so they'll always be able to find work.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:00 PM

Give me their numbers... I'm needing my basement refinished!

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Give me their numbers... I'm needing my basement refinished!

Mark's back!! smile

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:11 PM

What up. PB! My brudda from da udda mudda! Pizzaboy, my guy! How was your trip to Wrigley with your dad? It was in May, correct?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:12 PM

BTW - apologies for off topic posting.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:14 PM

What up. PB! My brudda from da udda mudda! Pizzaboy, my guy! How was your trip to Wrigley with your dad? It was in May, correct?

We didn't make it. I was in hotter-than-hell Florida for most of the summer because my mother in law had another stroke. They were finally able to move her to Cornell here in NY two weeks ago, and she's doing much better. Thank God.

As far as Wrigley, hopefully next year. My Pop is gonna be 84, and he's in great shape, but I want to take him soon for practical reasons smile.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:17 PM

Lesbians are cool. As a matter of fact, if I was a broad I'd definitely be a lesbian. And they singlehandedly keep the flannel shirt industry in business, so they're good for the economy. And they can hang the fuck out of drywall, so they'll always be able to find work.

I've always said you're hypocritical if you disagree with being gay but enjoy watching two girls or two lesbians get it on lol it's that awesome

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:19 PM

I've always said you're hypocritical if you disagree with being gay but enjoy watching two girls or two lesbians get it on lol it's that awesome

Well sure lol.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:21 PM

Good news about you MIL. God bless. Don't wait too long for your pops. My father in law passed away last weekend. We got to take him out for a whole day @ Brookfield Zoo a few weeks ago and had planned to take him to Da Bears summer camp last Sunday... he died around noon that day. He was looking sooo forward to that and my wife was excited as well. He was fighting cancer for months and finally went home to the Lord. He will be missed and my heart breaks for my better half. I keep telling her that we'll always have the zoo... any way sorry for off topic stuff, guys.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:22 PM

any way sorry for off topic stuff, guys.

The whole board is off topic these days, Mark. So no worries smile.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:33 PM

Sorry I got off topic too. It's fun to mess with PB and I figured we could lighten up the mood a bit

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:35 PM

Sorry I got off topic too. It's fun to mess with PB and I figured we could lighten up the mood a bit

You're all still on topic. Sicilians are down with the girl on girl action and Neapolitans aren't. grin

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:38 PM

Sicilians are down with the girl on girl action and Neapolitans aren't. grin

I literally can't stand up now grin.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 09:42 PM

Sicilians are down with the girl on girl action and Neapolitans aren't. grin

I literally can't stand up now grin.

Good, now you can wipe up all the wine that you spit out on the floor laughing so hard!

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 10:24 PM

My father in law passed away last weekend.

Sorry for your loss, Mark.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 10:26 PM

My father in law passed away last weekend.

Sorry for your loss, Mark.

Thanks, SC - much appreciated.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 10:44 PM

In una simile circostanza dove le parole sono inutili, ci uniamo con tanto affetto al vostro dolore.

Our thoughts are with you and your family Mark at this most difficult time of loss.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/19/13 10:52 PM

Mille grazie, Beansie!

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 05:50 AM

PB. I thought you were a mets fan? Why go to wrigley field?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 05:53 AM

How much sicilian and neapolitan was Sinatra? Was he half and half? I know frank vincent is. Both have famous and distinct NY accents.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 05:56 AM

More Vincent than Sinatra but Sinatra still had a Ny accent.
Posted By: Mr_Willie_Cicci

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 05:52 PM

A question about Neapolitans/Italians:

Would Brigita or Bridgita or Bridget (some variation) have been an uncommon name in 19th century Naples?

I ask because my great great grandmother was named that and was married to a man named Carlo and they lived in a tiny town in Naples. I'm just wondering if it's possible she was non-Italian?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 07:20 PM

How much sicilian and neapolitan was Sinatra? Was he half and half? I know frank vincent is. Both have famous and distinct NY accents.

Sinatra's mother, Dolly, who was the driving force in his life, was Northern Italian. She was born in Genoa and came here as a little girl. His father, Marty, was born in Palagonia, Catania (Sicily).

Dolly was clearly the boss in that family. Not only was she ashamed of her husband's Sicilian roots, she wasn't very proud of her own Italian background either. She actually made her husband adopt the surname O'Brien for business purposes (as a boxer and later as a tavern owner), and Italian was NEVER spoken in their home. Frank Sinatra didn't understand a word of Italian, and except for a few Americanized verses of a few Italian folk songs, he never recorded a song in Italian either (and he recorded over 1000 songs).

Dolly was very much a part of the Irish Democratic Machine in North Jersey. The common misconception is that wiseguys put Sinatra on the map, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Their involvement in his career came much later when he was down and out after "losing" his voice in the late '40s. But it was Dolly Sinatra's Irish political pals who pulled strings to get Frank his gig with the Hoboken Four and his regular gig at the Rustic Cabin, which ultimately led to his gig with Harry James. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 07:35 PM

Thanks PB your like the history channel smile
Posted By: ht2

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 07:53 PM

Dolly was very much a part of the Irish Democratic Machine in North Jersey. The common misconception is that wiseguys put Sinatra on the map, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Their involvement in his career came much later when he was down and out after "losing" his voice in the late '40s. But it was Dolly Sinatra's Irish political pals who pulled strings to get Frank his gig with the Hoboken Four and his regular gig at the Cabin Restaurant Lounge, which ultimately led to his gig with Harry James. And the rest, as they say, is history.

PB, interesting take on Dolly and his early career. She seemed like his unofficial manager at the early stages. Only thing is when Tommy Dorsey voided his contract in 1942, as the story goes, he did so under a considerable amount of duress. whistle

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ht2

Dolly was very much a part of the Irish Democratic Machine in North Jersey. The common misconception is that wiseguys put Sinatra on the map, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Their involvement in his career came much later when he was down and out after "losing" his voice in the late '40s. But it was Dolly Sinatra's Irish political pals who pulled strings to get Frank his gig with the Hoboken Four and his regular gig at the Cabin Restaurant Lounge, which ultimately led to his gig with Harry James. And the rest, as they say, is history.

PB, interesting take on Dolly and his early career. She seemed like his unofficial manager at the early stages. Only thing is when Tommy Dorsey voided his contract in 1942, as the story goes, he did so under a considerable amount of duress. whistle

It's really not my take. It's pretty much all fact. His daughters don't even dispute that version of things, and they're his biggest apologists.

And yeah, thanks to Mario Puzo and Johnny Fontane we got some stories. But the truth is, Sinatra payed Tommy Dorsey over a million dollars to void that contract, which would be equal to something like 20 million today. It's a matter of public record.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 08:24 PM

Pizzaboy how do you legitimatly achieve a hard on?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Caemine718

3 blue pills, vanilla scented candles, a pump, a Victoria's Secret catalog and extreme concentration... Give him a break - he's old. wink

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 08:28 PM

3 blue pills, vanilla scented candles, a pump, a Victoria's Secret catalog and extreme concentration.

I'll tell you, Mark. With the blue pills, I really don't have to concentrate all that hard.
Posted By: ht2

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 08:31 PM

It's really not my take. It's pretty much all fact. His daughters don't even dispute that version of things, and they're his biggest apologists.

And yeah, thanks to Mario Puzo and Johnny Fontane we got some stories. But the truth is, Sinatra payed Tommy Dorsey over a million dollars to void that contract, which would be equal to something like 20 million today. It's a matter of public record.

Actually those rumors pre-date Mario Puzo. Willie Moretti is said to have hated the rumors and denied any coercion on his part. I wasn't aware of the large money pay out. Seems like another mob myth that took a life of it's own.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 08:37 PM

Willie Moretti is said to have hated the rumors and denied any coercion on his part. I wasn't aware of the large money pay out. Seems like another mob myth that took a life of it's own.

Actually, Moretti was quoted as saying something like "Tommy Dorsey had his own friends," or something to that effect. The implication being that Tommy had a rabbi, too. But you're right, it was just a silly rumor that really spun out of control after "The Godfather" was published.

Same with Sinatra getting the role in "From Here to Eternity." Horse's head, my ass. Ava Gardner BEGGED Harry Cohn to give Frank that job. She probably blew him for it wink.

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 08:38 PM

3 blue pills, vanilla scented candles, a pump, a Victoria's Secret catalog and extreme concentration.

I'll tell you, Mark. With the blue pills, I really don't have to concentrate all that hard.

Lol - he said; "hard" wink

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/20/13 09:20 PM

Caemine, the question, more accurately, is why do you have a hardon for pizzaboy?

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 08/21/13 12:42 AM

You sure know your Sinatra Pb
Posted By: DoctorTwink

Re: Diffrence Between Neapolitan and Sicilian Mobsters - 07/07/14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: StreetNeapolitan1718
I gotta question for Youse Do you think that Neapolitans are just more flashy and hot headed then sicilians when it come to Money cause in my opionon I think sicilians are low key and all they care about is money and in general for non mobsters anyone agree?

They are both the same. You're forgetting Calabrian mobsters and the ones from Puglia too. wink

But yeah they all want to make money and as much of it as they can without getting caught. It doesn't matter where they are from or where in Italy their heritage is from.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET