Home

"Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special

Posted By: Little_Frankie

"Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 06:07 PM

I have been searching for this documentary for a long time. I saw it when it originally aired in '93. It's 5 stories told from the horses mouths. It includes Joe Ianuzzi, Tommy Delgiorno, Dom Lofaro, Giacomo Dinorcio and Frank Minucci.

What I found most interesting was the Tommy Delgiorno segment because there isn't much out there about him other than his book (which I read). For being a Capo, he has managed to stay off the grid. I found his segment kind of funny with his sarcasm. He also offers up a different story as to why Scarfo wanted him dead. Tommy Del claims that it was because he refused to kill "Chuckies kid". I wonder if he was talking about Skinny Joey. I also wonder if that was the real reason.

Either way, here is the video. Be careful if others are listening over your shoulder, the language might be offensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTaGYA0D6is
Posted By: LeroyJones

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 06:09 PM

I remember that. I haven't seen it in years. Thanks for the link Frankie.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
I have been searching for this documentary for a long time. I saw it when it originally aired in '93. It's 5 stories told from the horses mouths. It includes Joe Ianuzzi, Tommy Delgiorno, Dom Lofaro, Giacomo Dinorcio and Frank Minucci.

What I found most interesting was the Tommy Delgiorno segment because there isn't much out there about him other than his book (which I read). For being a Capo, he has managed to stay off the grid. I found his segment kind of funny with his sarcasm. He also offers up a different story as to why Scarfo wanted him dead. Tommy Del claims that it was because he refused to kill "Chuckies kid". I wonder if he was talking about Skinny Joey. I also wonder if that was the real reason.

Either way, here is the video. Be careful if others are listening over your shoulder, the language might be offensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTaGYA0D6is
Yes he was talking about Joey, he is the only son. There are two daughters Maria and Natalie.

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 10:36 PM

I downloaded it to my pc and i'm watching it now. Pretty good, i forgot what was on it. Shit that Tommy Agro was a vicious prick. mad He's pretty pissed on those tapes.

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
Yes he was talking about Joey, he is the only son. There are two daughters Maria and Natalie.

Do you know why Scarfo wanted him whacked? I've never heard that anywhere other than this video.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 11:29 PM

Tommy says he knew that Joey for 30 years, was MErlino at least 30 when this video/story took place?

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/28/11 11:42 PM

Scarfo pushed the horse over a cliff and wanted to have his wife killed. grin

What a nut job. crazy

"The Gang that couldn't think straight" lol

No Merlino wasn't thirty yet when Scarfo first wanted Tommy D to kill him. I think Merlino was born in 1962 or 63. He might of been thirty when they taped this show but not when Nicky originally told DelGiorno to kill him. Tommy D flipped in 1986 i think and Merlino was only 24 if my math is right.

Thanks again for the link Frankie. I forgot all about this show.

Pretty Good
Posted By: Mooney

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/29/11 12:08 AM

I love hearing Agro going ape shit on Ianuzzi on those FBI tapes. Great stuff. lol lol lol

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/29/11 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Mooney
I love hearing Agro going ape shit on Ianuzzi on those FBI tapes. Great stuff. lol lol lol

What a psycho that guy was. I wouldn't want that maniac screaming at me and i definitely wouldn't want him pissed at me. A real mean bastard.

I liked the segment on Jackie DiNorscio too. Vin Diesel played him in that movie "Find Me Guilty". Check it out if you've never seen it. I thought it was pretty good.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/29/11 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123

Do you know why Scarfo wanted him whacked? I've never heard that anywhere other than this video.
I think Caramandi said in his book, that he did grab Joey and told him to lay low for a while, cause He might have a problem, meaning Scarfo. Only reason had to be cause of his father who was demoted.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/29/11 03:31 AM

Ya tommy agro is a guy that many people dont talk about like they do demeo or gotti. Agro was a bigtime hitman and nutcase. he was the guy who killed tommy desimone who was a fucking maniac in his own right

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/29/11 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Ya tommy agro is a guy that many people dont talk about like they do demeo or gotti. Agro was a bigtime hitman and nutcase. he was the guy who killed tommy desimone who was a fucking maniac in his own right

He also killed Tommy's brother Anthony after he became an informant. According to Joe Doggs he used to joke around about killing Bobby Desimone just so he could complete the "Desimone trifecta"
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 10/30/11 03:27 AM

Awesome documentary man, loved every moment of it

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/11/11 04:20 PM

I have always found Tommy Del to be very interesting. As far as I've seen this is the only documentary he's ever done. Does anyone know if there are others?
Posted By: WiseguyfromChi

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/20/12 06:49 PM

Hi Little Frankie,

Can you tell me how to view this? I have it somewhere on VHS, but no idea where. I clicked on the link and it says the video = private. Been looking for this for years, would love to see it. Thanks!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/20/12 06:56 PM

I've noticed the past few months people have been posting they can't find this and that on youtube. Are they starting to remove a lot of the copyrighted material that is current like the mobsters episodes I haven't watched any documentaries on there in awhile ?

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/20/12 07:22 PM

Tommy Agro isnt mentioned that much but he was extremely crazy lol. I mean he was the one guy who wasnt afraid to take out tommy desimone
Posted By: AntonioRotolo

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/20/12 09:23 PM

It's listed as private anyway to view it?
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/20/12 11:51 PM

Yeah, some have been deleted and some set to "private".

Here's a working link: Mob Stories
Posted By: cheech

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/21/12 05:02 PM

MUCH APPREIATED
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/22/12 11:29 AM

Great vid
Posted By: Philly_Broadway

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/22/12 04:38 PM

I have always found Tommy Del to be very interesting. As far as I've seen this is the only documentary he's ever done. Does anyone know if there are others?
Tommy Del has done a couple of other docs. I look at mine at tell you which he has done when I can if you are interested.

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/22/12 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Philly_Broadway
Tommy Del has done a couple of other docs. I look at mine at tell you which he has done when I can if you are interested.

If you could, that would be great. I would love to hear more from him. Aside from insight, I think he's hilarious.
Posted By: Joe_Bonanno

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/22/12 06:46 PM

I would like to hear more from him too, I think he was the only made guy from the documentary.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/23/12 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987

Thanks
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/24/12 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Originally Posted By: LCN1987

Thanks

You're welcome smile
Posted By: cheech

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 11/24/12 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Philly_Broadway

If you could, that would be great. I would love to hear more from him. Aside from insight, I think he's hilarious.

here you go friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtMzwbpiBHI&feature=relmfu

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 04/07/13 04:11 AM

Tommy Agro was a psycho but he was pretty funny when he was ranting. i heard one wiretap when he said to Joe Dogs "i got guys who will eat your fuckin eyes out of your head and they got balls the size of cows" lol
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 04/07/13 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Tommy Agro was a psycho but he was pretty funny when he was ranting. i heard one wiretap when he said to Joe Dogs "i got guys who will eat your fuckin eyes out of your head and they got balls the size of cows" lol

Yeah I heard that wiretap it gave me a good laugh...
Posted By: southend

Re: "Mob Stories" from a 1993 HBO special - 04/07/13 04:25 PM

I remember when this first aired on HBO. Might even have been the first mob documentary I ever saw. good stuff
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET