Home

George Martorano

Posted By: LeroyJones

George Martorano - 10/27/11 04:34 PM

Unmade Man :
The South Philly mob has faded away, but it still casts a long shadow — just ask George Martorano.

Pretty good article on Drug Kingpin George Martorano son of the infamous Long John Martorano.

Full article - http://www.citypaper.net/cover_story/2011-10-27-george-martorano-south-philly-mafia.html?viewAll=y
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: George Martorano - 10/27/11 10:16 PM

Great article, thanks for posting.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: George Martorano - 10/28/11 06:10 PM

I just picked up this paper and read the article today. George Martorano really did get a raw deal, I mean a life sentence for drug dealing? There wasn't no murders, no attempted murders, no plots, just drugs. I wonder if that stuff about the judge being corrupt, and Scarfo wanting to stick it to him are true... He has kept an admirable attitude despite his situation.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: George Martorano - 10/29/11 09:50 AM

Was he extradited to Phila when they killed his father
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: George Martorano - 10/29/11 10:07 AM

I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but I feel like I've heard that story re-hashed a million times.There were some errors in that article as well, looks like that kid rushed it. Third can't any other writer/reporter say something about The Philadelphia LCN without an insert from GA.

That is stiff for drug dealing and that is horrible he had to spend his adult life in prison. If anyone has read the Last Mouthpiece by Robert Simone you'll see that he dedicates the book to John McCullough (The Roofers Union Leader) that long john killed on Christmas what a scumbag. I heard long john was a pervert in his day he was a pepping tom, they called him the grasshopper..Just like Michael Myers you could be going about your business and glaring in the window would be "Hey John why the long Face" Martorano.

His family at least put all that drug money to good use with investments in legitimate business's. The Yo cuz Martorano reminds of of an orangutang.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: George Martorano - 10/29/11 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
I know everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but I feel like I've heard that story re-hashed a million times.There were some errors in that article as well, looks like that kid rushed it. Third can't any other writer/reporter say something about The Philadelphia LCN without an insert from GA.

That is stiff for drug dealing and that is horrible he had to spend his adult life in prison. If anyone has read the Last Mouthpiece by Robert Simone you'll see that he dedicates the book to John McCullough (The Roofers Union Leader) that long john killed on Christmas what a scumbag. I heard long john was a pervert in his day he was a pepping tom, they called him the grasshopper..Just like Michael Myers you could be going about your business and glaring in the window would be "Hey John why the long Face" Martorano.

His family at least put all that drug money to good use with investments in legitimate business's. The Yo cuz Martorano reminds of of an orangutang.

Lol, John did look like a pervert. Mousie also.

Re: George Martorano - 10/29/11 04:04 PM

Was he extradited to Phila when they killed his father

I don't believe so. But around a year, maybe 2 ago he was in philly for some reason. It might of had something to do with his appeal but i'm really not sure.

Re: George Martorano - 10/29/11 04:07 PM

I heard long john was a pervert in his day he was a pepping tom, they called him the grasshopper..Just like Michael Myers you could be going about your business and glaring in the window would be "Hey John why the long Face" Martorano.

Really? I never heard that. I read he got the name Long John as a reference to the pirate but nothing surprises me any more when it comes to these guys. Face it most of them are people you wouldn't want any where near you or your family. Basically a bunch of some what successful lowlifes.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: George Martorano - 11/04/11 10:22 AM

Very interesting article, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: George Martorano - 09/13/18 06:18 PM

How I spent 32 years in prison | George Martorano | TEDxPenn

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: George Martorano - 09/13/18 06:24 PM

Alan Alda was in prison for 32 years?
Posted By: pmac

Re: George Martorano - 09/13/18 08:05 PM

if he on the michael fransleaze circuit. be better washed up mobsters who got a second chance smile
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: George Martorano - 09/15/18 08:51 AM

Good watch. Instead of scaring crow i would’ve just whacked out Simone..

(Hypothetically if I was a mobster. Obviously not condoning any criminal actions. Just that his son got a bad ride due to poor counsel.)
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: George Martorano - 09/15/18 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Good watch. Instead of scaring crow i would’ve just whacked out Simone..

(Hypothetically if I was a mobster. Obviously not condoning any criminal actions. Just that his son got a bad ride due to poor counsel.)

I don't think that would have been feasible...& how would he have gotten 2 Simone??..through his pop?..I dont think Long John would have had the balls 2 make a move against the Scarfo camp.

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 11:58 AM

True just feel sorry for the guy. Way too much time for non violent offence. Saying that after Scarfo got locked up the last time he lost power pretty quickly.. obviously long john was in the bin too but he could’ve paid for someone to make moves on the out.

Do you think he would’ve made boss if he was left on the street?

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 11:59 AM

And yeah hoodlum I was referring. To long john mate
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 05:11 PM

Long John boss?...that is a good possibility,,& if Riccobene was on the street, definitely Harry would b in line 2 carry the torch.
Posted By: Penguin

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 08:54 PM

[quote=streetbossliborio]True just feel sorry for the guy. Way too much time for non violent offence. Saying that after Scarfo got locked up the last time he lost power pretty quickly.. obviously long john was in the bin too but he could’ve paid for someone to make moves on the out.

I don't disagree, but don't forget drugs are the root of a lot of violence.

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 09:59 PM

i thought the whole reason he got life for drugs the feds were told by informants he went into the restaurant and killed some greek meth dealer and his girlfriend. the cops just couldnt prove it he wore a mask. wasnt he surposed to be made into the family but was indicted for drugs before scarfo would or scarfo might have been locked up for 18months in the earky 80tys

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 10:00 PM

going to hell anyway
Posted By: Giacomo

Re: George Martorano - 09/16/18 11:19 PM

Since his dad was wounded in that killing (he was sitting next to the Greek who got shot), I doubt it was George.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET