Home

Bronx DA Wants 17 Cops Indicted

Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Bronx DA Wants 17 Cops Indicted - 09/20/11 04:48 AM

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the OC thread, but seeing as it involves a form of graft...

Prosecutors will seek to indict 17 cops on ticket-fixing charges primarily, but also bribery and other charges.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/09/19/2011-09-19_nypd_ticketfixing_scandal.html

The charges spring from a long investigation into NYPD corruption, and apparently includes several higher ranked individuals and several members of the Patrolmans Benevolenc Association.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Bronx DA Wants 17 Cops Indicted - 09/20/11 05:21 AM

Ticket fixing? How does that work? Just letting friends and family off the hook right? If that's the case, I don't see what the DA is getting hopped up over other than furthering his own career. If it's something more serious, more corrupt. The guy knows he'll only catch about half these guys, then he's doing good for the city. In NYC, where police corruption hasn't yet run rampant, it's good to do quiet maintenance busts to prevent worse large scale corruption from happening in the form of 'sending a message'. I hope the DA is going ahead with this for a reason like that.

Wikipedia (I know, I know) says the Bronx DA is Robert T. Johnson.
Posted By: DJN

Re: Bronx DA Wants 17 Cops Indicted - 10/05/11 08:00 PM

The DA might know more about them but can't prove it so he's going after them with this ..its still corruption, abusing their power for gain ..taking their jobs and pensions is a good start!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET