Home

When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck

Posted By: rg

When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/14/11 05:35 AM

Anastasia always mentions the crew running wild on the streets. Im assuming from 95-2001?

WAS IT as bad as GA always makes it. Can someone give me an idea of what the crew was doing( rackets, bookmaking, beatings, money, nightlife) What was the hierarchy? Who else was in the crew.. How did everyone act including Mazzone Chang Marty Nicodemio Ligambi Mousie Lance Georgie???

I know about the time Joey had a bartender get his ass beat.. I wish there were Mob Talk videos during this time.. This seems like it would have been an entertaining time period to cover the Philly Mob during the Merlino faction hayday..
Posted By: rg

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/14/11 06:08 AM

Also, can someone find me the 111 page indictment from the Merlino n Co. RICO case.. Ive been looking at only found a 3rd circuit report.. I wanna see the whole 111 page indictment.. Thanks
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/14/11 06:45 AM

Joey Merlino, Mike Ciancaglini, Steve Mazzone, George Borgesi, Marty Angelina, Tommy Scafidi, and Vince Iannece made up the core of the "Merlino faction." Their primary racket was collecting the street tax.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/14/11 10:18 PM

Dont forget about Snitch, he is one all Merlino's closest friends. But nobody ever brings him up.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/15/11 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
Dont forget about Snitch, he is one all Merlino's closest friends. But nobody ever brings him up.

He is, I think he did some time around the time when Merlino went down, selling stolen goods I believe.

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/15/11 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang

He is, I think he did some time around the time when Merlino went down, selling stolen goods I believe.

He also was involved in that armored truck heist with Merlino. Do you know if he is made? His name rarely comes up. And yes he did time for stolen goods.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/15/11 09:42 PM

Snitch...and his name is?

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/15/11 10:00 PM

[quote=LuanKuci]Snitch...and his name is?[/quote

Steve Frangipani
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/16/11 07:15 AM

Who were the two guys that joey did the armored- car robbery with? Does anyone have an artilce in regards to that?

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/16/11 12:38 PM

He also was involved in that armored truck heist with Merlino. Do you know if he is made? His name rarely comes up. And yes he did time for stolen goods.

I never knew or heard he was involved in the armored truck heist with Merlino. I never heard he was made either, I think he is too intelligent, and has done well for himslef in the legal world.

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/16/11 09:43 PM

He was involved in the heist but somehow he never got jammed up for it, but I did hear that he left the area for some time after that went down.

What is he involved in legally? He always came off as a very pleasant guy.

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/18/11 08:26 PM

He was involved in the heist but somehow he never got jammed up for it, but I did hear that he left the area for some time after that went down.

Realestate, I think he has been buying houses and remodeling for quite a few years now. I always had the same impression of him, making him stickout among the Merlino crowd.

Re: When was Merlino and the Crew running a muck - 09/19/11 12:51 AM

Realestate, I think he has been buying houses and remodeling for quite a few years now. I always had the same impression of him, making him stickout among the Merlino crowd.

Thanks for the info.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET