Home

Casso's testimony

Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Casso's testimony - 08/16/11 12:41 AM

I was trying to rewrite the informant section of Wikipedia's Anthony Casso article, but I need some clarification on something.

From a Google News search, and Five Families, it appears as though Casso never made accusations against Gravano and D'Arco before he sent that letter during Gigante's trial.

It just seems weird to me that he wouldn't be called to testify if he hadn't already made clear his intentions to discredit the two main witnesses. Any other sources to confirm this?
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/16/11 01:10 AM

what accusations did he make about al d'arco? I dont remember

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/16/11 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
According to Five Families, he said D'Arco lied about being appointed acting boss.

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/16/11 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
According to Five Families, he said D'Arco lied about being appointed acting boss.

really it says that in the book?

in cassos book he talks about meeting al in the park and hugging him and telling him hes acting boss ,etc
Posted By: tt120

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/16/11 11:32 PM

yeah in the carlo book he said he made D'Arco acting boss because he knew Al wouldn't try to step over him and would do whatever Casso wanted
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/17/11 02:00 AM

That's probably what he had in mind. But D'arco was loyal to his family so long as they retained the values he saw in Corallo and Vario, Casso made a real bad call with that one. Apparently Joe DeFede was installed next to be what D'arco should have been, but Casso never gave many answers on him. And here's D'arco with the greatest Cosa Nostra quote ever said.

"No, I'm 65 years old. What has it gotten me? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Yes, I have my wife and I have my son. But I was the one who got my son into the Mafia. And what did I accomplish by doing that? My son is a drug dealer. No, I've got nothing to show for it. What a waste of my life."

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/17/11 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
That's probably what he had in mind. But D'arco was loyal to his family so long as they retained the values he saw in Corallo and Vario, Casso made a real bad call with that one. Apparently Joe DeFede was installed next to be what D'arco should have been, but Casso never gave many answers on him. And here's D'arco with the greatest Cosa Nostra quote ever said.

"No, I'm 65 years old. What has it gotten me? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Yes, I have my wife and I have my son. But I was the one who got my son into the Mafia. And what did I accomplish by doing that? My son is a drug dealer. No, I've got nothing to show for it. What a waste of my life."

defede was installed after a few years of a ruling panel of capos of Anthony Baratta, Salvatore Avellino, Steven Crea and Domenico Cutaia from 1991 to 1993 that Casso used to run the family while on the lam.

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/17/11 02:10 AM

i always found al to be an interesting guy, i wish he took the time and wrote a book!

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/17/11 03:38 AM

http://books.google.com/books?id=5nAt6N8...nky&f=false

What are the rules for Google Books links?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/18/11 06:35 PM

And here's D'arco with the greatest Cosa Nostra quote ever said.

Agreed.

That sums up the life perfectly.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/18/11 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And here's D'arco with the greatest Cosa Nostra quote ever said.

Agreed.

That sums up the life perfectly.

For most of the guys yes, but there are also a lot of success stories. Former gangsters who made or inherited a lot of blood money and left the mob to enjoy their life and their millions.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: Casso's testimony - 08/20/11 07:11 AM

I wish I could find copies of his 302's
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET