Home

Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview

Posted By: ronnie_little

Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/12/11 04:42 AM

Where can I find the full interview? Tidbits of it are on you tube. I went to the official website and found the interview but it would not work.
Posted By: rossato

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/12/11 05:31 AM

u cant get it anywhere.... do u kno that interview was filmed back in 96 or something n the news channel didnt air it til 05 after the 2 'casso cops' were jailed
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/12/11 06:24 AM

I don't know how the government got away with what it did I feel sorry for the pyschopath. "Poor Anthony" a law enforcement official said in the bio pic. If your involved in the underworld you know what your options are and to spill your guys and then say ok cya later f'd up...
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/12/11 07:09 AM

Casso's full interview is about as hard to find as Sammy Gravano's interview with Diane Sawyer.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/12/11 07:54 AM

I can't understand why Gravano's interview is not all over youtube, surely someone has it on VHS somewhere, I bet millions of people watched the original airing!

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/12/11 09:45 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I can't understand why Gravano's interview is not all over youtube, surely someone has it on VHS somewhere, I bet millions of people watched the original airing!

I was one of those who watched it on TV. You could probably still contact ABC to purchase your own copy from their archives. But I wish somebody would find a way to post it online.

There was also a piece American Justice on A&E did on the Genovese called "Crime Family." It was really good. But not the one that you can see on YouTube.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/20/11 07:16 AM

I will keep looking and psot any info I find.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/20/11 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I was one of those who watched it on TV.

Me too, Ivy. Back in the spring of '97, right?

The horrified look on Sawyer's face was priceless. She looked really, really nervous just sitting next to Gravano.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/20/11 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

The horrified look on Sawyer's face was priceless. She looked really, really nervous just sitting next to Gravano.

I think it was a combination of nervousness and disgust. I remember when Gravano was talking about somebody screwing up in the mob and the result, as he put it, was "time to go." As you said, the look on her face was priceless.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/20/11 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I think it was a combination of nervousness and disgust. I remember when Gravano was talking about somebody screwing in the mob and the result, as he put it, was "time to go." As you said, the look on her face was priceless.

They shouldn't use such sensitive persons to interview mobsters. I'm interested in what the guy has to say, knowing his perspective, not seeing a nervous interviewer who probably hasn't even seen someone being slapped in the face.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/20/11 03:19 PM

I guess I can't blame sawyer. I mean in her shoes she is next to a guy that should be in jail but has been given a get out of jail free card to do whatever he wants. and obviously a few years after the interview he got snagged
Posted By: tt120

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/21/11 06:39 PM

I'd love to see that Casso interview in full or at the very least hear some of those debriefing tapes, just for the sheer hilarity of Casso's mannerisms/accent. The guy was so Brooklyn he makes Marty Markowitz look like hes from North Dakota. Plus the way he's screaming on the tapes...LOL

"THE BYPASS GANG? YEAH. WE'S ROBBED DA BANKS! AND DA JEWLERY STORES!"
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/22/11 02:36 AM

i have been dying to see that casso interview! i want to hear what he has to say about amuso etc
Posted By: DJN

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/19/11 09:25 PM

I have the full 60 minutes interview with casso on vhs !!

He doesn't mention vic amuso

Said being a mob boss is better then being a hollwyood star

He talks about the jimmy hydell killing, the mob's control over the garment district and private sanitation etc..

ed bradley asks him about the murders of the two civilain garbarge haulers who went to the fbi after repeated threats and damage to their property and said that they had wives, chlldren and asks if he had any remorse or has trouble sleeping at night and casso says no he doesn't, that's what had to be done !!

Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/19/11 09:28 PM

Any chance of getting to watch it online?
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/19/11 11:02 PM

if you really have it you need to put it up online! somewhere other than youtube because they will just remove it!

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/19/11 11:23 PM

post it up!

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/19/11 11:47 PM

I really would like to see that video.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 02:28 AM

Searched hard tonight, only short clips found.
Posted By: Philly_Broadway

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 02:44 AM

I do have the Gravano interview on VHS tape. If anyone wants it let me know. I don't know if I'll ever put it on youtube.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 03:43 AM

^^ ive read the transcript of the gravano interview online

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Philly_Broadway
I do have the Gravano interview on VHS tape. If anyone wants it let me know. I don't know if I'll ever put it on youtube.
id like it i also still have a vcr for great stuff like this that was never put on dvd

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 07:38 AM

The full Gravano and Casso interviews are two of the hardest ones to find online. There's also a piece A&E's American Justice did on the Genovese called "Crime Family" that is tough to locate too.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 11:02 AM

The full Gravano and Casso interviews are two of the hardest ones to find online. There's also a piece A&E's American Justice did on the Genovese called "Crime Family" that is tough to locate too.

Is that piece on the Genovese family called "Portrait of a crime family?"
Posted By: LordSlickNutz

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 02:14 PM

Hey guys, are there documentaries on the mob of the 50s and 60s? And I don't mean the usual generic mob docos like Costello was "the Prime Minister" blah blah, then Vito Genovese wanted to be the top boss and a gunman by the name of Vincent Gigante paid a visit and Costello was convinced to step down.

I am especially interested in the relationship between all the different powerhouses and factions at the time. I recalled some member from this forum (probably Ivyleague) posted a great transcript between Tommy Eboli and Michael Geneovese. It was extremely fascinating. Instead of the usual like "Tommy Ryan made a drug deal with Carlo Gambino but he couldn't repay the loan so he was rubbed out and Frank Tieri, a friend of Carlo, became the top boss of the Genovese", we get a snippet of the inner workings of how the top guys think. I was especially intrigued by Tommy Eboli's respect for Mike Miranda and disgust at Catena.

Sorry for boring you guys with my life story...anyone with any recommendation?
Posted By: LordSlickNutz

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 02:17 PM

Oh and please post up Gravano's and Casso's interviews (or any other rare documents and videos for that matter) if you could. Much appreciated!

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 10:50 PM

I may have the "crime family" on VHS also if anyone would like a copy let me know

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 11:10 PM

Is that piece on the Genovese family called "Portrait of a crime family?"

I think it's just called "Crime Family." And it's not the one you can watch on YouTube.

American Justice: Crime Family

Synopsis

The Mob is demystified in the A&E program American Justice: Crime Family. Host Bill Kurtis takes the viewer into the heart of the New York underworld to examine the long arms of the Genovese family. Started when Vito Genovese worked under Lucky Luciano, the notorious family has a firm grip on syndicated crime. A&E presents rare footage of the gangster clan and its shady leaders. For years, police have pursued the Genovese, but they remain frustratingly immune to arrest. Hear from the prosecutors who have made their capture a full-time job and the historians who will explain why the Genovese will never die.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/20/11 11:27 PM

we would love to see copies on the internet, could you fellas upload it somehow? i know getting it from vhs to the computer is though.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/21/11 02:12 AM

i enjoyed all those shows bill kurtis did. he was a great narrator/host

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/21/11 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

Yeah, Kurtis is great.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/21/11 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

ME too. I loved Bill Kurtis especially when he did "mobfathers" about the Philly Mob.
I have most of Bill Kurtis' mafia stuff on tape
Posted By: DJN

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/22/11 12:38 AM

i have all three on vhs tapes i recorded years back on my vcr ..i don't know how to transfer it onto a computer ..what would i have to do, make the vhs tape into a dvd ..and then what ??

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/22/11 06:14 AM

Maybe you can convert it in some multimedia store, after you have it on DVD you can copy it to your computer. After that its easy, just upload it to a upload site or videosite like youtube.
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/30/11 08:16 PM

I just bought a set up at my local best buy to convert VHS to a digital file that I can store on my laptop.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppauge+-+...p;cp=1&lp=1
From there I just need to upload it to youtube. The set up was $69. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll walk you through the steps.

I just converted a Joe Barboza interview from 1970 as well as a special on the Patriarca family from the 70's and 80's. Great stuff on those tapes. I'll post a link as soon as I host it on youtube. I converted it last night to my laptop so the last step is just uploading.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/30/11 08:20 PM

Hi Frankie, that is great news !! I dont know much about those stuff, but it looks good. Cant wait for the links..

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/30/11 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
I just bought a set up at my local best buy to convert VHS to a digital file that I can store on my laptop.
From there I just need to upload it to youtube. The set up was $69. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll walk you through the steps.

I just converted a Joe Barboza interview from 1970 as well as a special on the Patriarca family from the 70's and 80's. Great stuff on those tapes. I'll post a link as soon as I host it on youtube. I converted it last night to my laptop so the last step is just uploading.

If you can somehow upload the Gravano interview, the Casso interview, or the A&E American Justice program on the Genovese called "Crime Family," you'll be a very popular man.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/01/11 01:42 AM

Like Ivy said, if you post those you will automatically be a legend on this and other mob forums as lots of posters have been looking for these interviews forever!

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/01/11 03:59 PM

The quality won't be the greatest but hey, we're not watching blu-ray movies in a home theater here LOL. If someone sends me the VHS tapes, I can have it up within an hour. I'm not the one with those tapes, I'm just a guy with the software to convert them.

"Hand over those tapes!" - Paul Castellano/Little Frankie lol

BTW, I have been meaning to join a few other forums but I understand that some of them are "invite only". Is this true?
Posted By: StreetNeapolitan1718

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/02/11 12:39 AM

Yo Ronnie how did you get your hands on the acutal copy of 60 minutes casso interview ?

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/02/11 07:18 AM

Only found short ones on youtube.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/02/11 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: DJN
i have all three on vhs tapes i recorded years back on my vcr ..i don't know how to transfer it onto a computer ..what would i have to do, make the vhs tape into a dvd ..and then what ??

If you are interested, send me a PM and I can either guide you through it or you can send me the tapes (or copies) to me and I can do it for you. I already have everything you would need. Total cost to do it yourself would be about $70 for all of the hardware and software you need.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/02/11 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Like Ivy said, if you post those you will automatically be a legend on this and other mob forums as lots of posters have been looking for these interviews forever!

I'll try and post the Gravano interview tonight. Never done it but I 've transferred it to DVD.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 12/15/11 05:42 PM

Any word on the Casso interview? The Gravanno interviews were great......... Great job Little Franie
Posted By: Joe_Bonanno

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 05/22/12 07:28 PM

Sammy Gravano interview was great, if you can put up the Casso interview I don't know... God bless you if you do that, the twho most feared mobsters with interviews would be great

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/09/12 08:47 PM

Posted By: Wilson

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/09/12 09:08 PM

Only an idiot would fuck with that guy.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/09/12 09:58 PM

when was this interview? he looks a lot different now
Posted By: Mooney

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/09/12 10:23 PM

Watching him cry gives me pleasure.
Posted By: Mooney

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/09/12 10:25 PM

And by the way...excellent uploads little frankie. You have provided us with amazing video that we would probably have never gotten to see without your contributions.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/09/12 10:45 PM

like your youtube page thanks

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 12:28 AM

Frankie you are the bomb............

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 12:30 AM

Frankie, was that the whole thing. They did not talk about the mafia cops
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 02:58 AM

Thanks alot Frankie
Posted By: pmac

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 04:22 AM

good post but i swear i seen a interview were he spoke on the mafia cops and how he seen the book and found out there names. also his daughter is back then and probaly today married to a genovese soldier they were surposed to take his grand kid to chins trial if he took the stand. also i read a couple places he was offerd 24 yrs like george zapolla and a couplt other killers who are getting out soon he screwed up. and he comes of as a dick when he talks about shooting the kid 10 times but not in the head cause it was his friends house, he probaly just like sammy the bull. another thing i thought the gambino's had the most say in the garmet district back then with tommy gambino owning everything sounded like gaspipe was gloating. he screwed his whole blood family, and the russian gas tax the fed new about in the 80tys the scam was up buy 94. but the gov screwed him to.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 02:12 PM

Here is the part with the Mafia Cops. It wasn't in the DVD I purchased because I bought the 98 interview as it aired. At the time no charges had been filed so they pulled it from the original and aired it in 05 when they were formally charged. I asked if I could have it included but they said they don't do that, they only sell them exactly as they were edited for the show.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 03:28 PM

Watching Casso I have come to the conclusion that he is a pure maniac. Look in his eyes. You don't want to mess with him. Imagine the feeling people had that met him the minutes before they died?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 03:54 PM

one more thing imagine if he hated jimmy hydel for trying to kill him he must have hated his uncle dan marino worse, and it makes since he included dan marino name with always trying to killjohn gotti with chins help, probaly wasnt the case or jimmy brown he probaly just wanted the gambino's to kill them.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/10/12 05:11 PM

Casso may be a rat, but he is someone I would never want to say anything more than "sir" to him if he walked by...
Posted By: Nova24

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/12/12 01:46 PM

Thanks a lot man, been dying to see this for a long time. Much appreciated.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/12/12 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Casso may be a rat, but he is someone I would never want to say anything more than "sir" to him if he walked by...

Those eyes he has do it for me.

Only an idiot would disrespect that man.
Posted By: Madonn

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/12/12 06:47 PM

Only 13 mins ;(... But thanks for the upload.
Posted By: JasonAnthony74

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/12/12 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Wilson

He actually seems like a pretty genial kind of guy; the kind of guy you'd want to kick back and shoot the breeze with....But then there's that whole psychotic side to him -- that could put a damper on the socializing.
Posted By: Shaye

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/16/13 06:59 PM

can you send this interview video to me via email? need for school project
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/16/13 07:49 PM

I know I'm responding to an old post, but this info could be helpful...

For the people who are looking for both the cheapest and easiest way, Costco has a service moving VHS content to DVD. They do it for you, and prices start at $13.

VHS to DVD conversion
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 10/16/13 09:47 PM

Can someone upload a torrent, pls?
Posted By: Podo

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/17/13 05:54 PM

The link is dead. Where can I watch it?
Posted By: Rille1996

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/17/13 10:04 PM

WE WANT THE INTERVIEW, PLEASE!
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/18/13 09:56 AM

Beggars can't be choosers.
Posted By: NightOwl

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 11/18/13 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: LCN1987
Beggars can't be choosers.

panic
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/16/14 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: Wilson

He actually seems like a pretty genial kind of guy; the kind of guy you'd want to kick back and shoot the breeze with....But then there's that whole psychotic side to him -- that could put a damper on the socializing.

He was friends with Hydell before that whole thing went down wasn't he? He didn't believe it when he was first told that Hydell tried to whack him.

Kind of contradicts the whole wanting to whack everybody for the slightest reason that D'Arco's testimony propagated.

How much of D'Arco's testimony is gospel? I think we can all agree that him and De Fede lied about some things, like stealing money from the family and D'Arco being whacked at The Kimberly Hotel (Please...).

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/16/14 06:21 PM

Anyone know where/how to see Casso's 60 Minutes interview?
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/17/14 06:01 AM

BTW, I have been meaning to join a few other forums but I understand that some of them are "invite only". Is this true?

yeah, i'm on one of them (realdeal), I never go there anymore. Gangsterbb is just as good, if not better.

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/22/14 03:06 PM

Uploader of the excerpt from the 60 minutes interview in the comments section writes:

Gaspipe is cold as ice, i have interview with him, he starts crying about his daughter and Ed (The interviewer) ask what about your victims? Their families he says: I dont know them. Nice answer hehe
Posted By: mickey2

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/23/14 12:25 PM

come on people just post it, no excuses anymore... grin

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/23/14 01:04 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/20/nyregion/20carlo.html?pagewanted=all

Ha! Carlo bilked Casso out of his split of the profits for the book he wrote.

If Casso hadn't cooperated with him for the book, he would have got the Pitera treatment.

"Anthony was a tiny man. He was ugly. He had bad dress sense. He was a timid man; shy. He let his boss Vic Amuso walk all over him. "Please don't hit me", Casso would plead when he upset his master. Casso was like a subservient dog. Casso was spineless, fearful, gutless, yellow. He did not know the rhyme and rhythm of the streets. When we were neighbors, I used to beat Anthony up and make fun of his voice. He sounded like Minnie Mouse; squeaky, shrill, irksome....."
Posted By: mickey2

Re: Gaspipe's 60 minutes interview - 08/23/14 01:51 PM

..lets joke about it one more time..
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET