Home

Target in auto-shop shoot is crime family member

Posted By: IvyLeague

Target in auto-shop shoot is crime family member - 06/21/11 04:31 PM

Target in auto-shop shoot is crime family member: law enforcement sources
By JAMIE SCHRAM
June 21, 2011

The man who was the target of an apparent murder attempt in East New York yesterday is a member of a the Gambino crime family, according to law enforcement sources.
Carl Lastorino, 45, burst into Peter's Tire and Rim Shop with two loaded pistols at around 5 p.m. and screamed, "Peter, this is for you."

He then opened fire, emptying the first revolver at the victim, Peter Argentina, the crime family member and shop owner. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries, authorities said.

Lastorino fled, trying to get into a livery cab on Linden Boulevard. He tossed one gun into the back seat. Seconds later, a sergeant and a rookie arrived and ordered him to drop his other weapon.

Pointing the empty gun at them, Lastorino screamed, "You're not going to take me alive!" a police source said.

The cops each fired once, killing Lastorino.

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/target_enforcement_auto_shop_shoot_rOgxJwM1fB3mJjX6TcSlPJ

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 04:56 PM

The guy who was wounded, Peter Argentina, is the brother of Lucchese soldier Ray Argentina. So he may be a Lucchese guy despite what the article says.

In this article he's cited as a Lucchese soldier -
http://articles.nydailynews.com/1998-02-06/news/18072727_1_heroin-case-armored-car-heist-soldier

By the way, the shooter Carl Lastorino, who was killed by police was the son of former Lucchese consigliere Frank Lastorino.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 07:51 PM

Interesting.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 08:06 PM

This is interesting...does anyone know what the problem was between the two? Or was he sent?

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 08:10 PM

Carl Lastorino wasn't happy with his last name. He wanted to be an Argentina real bad, but he didn't know what to do. Peter would taunt him about it whenever Carl come over for coffee. I don't know, it's a wild guess. What do you think happened?
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 08:18 PM

Strange story, I was thinking the other day, I miss the days when the Luchese were knocking each other off left and right in the Amuso/Casso days. Big Frank Lastorino was one of Casso's best killers, he killed Bobby Boriello and Patrick Testa.

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 08:49 PM

Now, there's a video of the whole thing. Beautiful.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brook...1fB3mJjX6TcSlPJ
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 08:52 PM

"You're not gonna take me alive!"

Man, that's too many Cagney movies Carl was watching.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 09:01 PM

This is really interesting, maybe a feud going on? Or a lone act?
Posted By: spmob

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/21/11 09:05 PM

My best guess is that he read one of your posts and he commited suicide by cop. I think he said something like, the next time he goes trying to be funny and isn't, I am gone. Lets just say he wasn't with us much longer...right to the tire shop he went. It was a brilliant plan....as are your comments. : )

Re: Target in auto-shop shoot is crime family member - 06/21/11 09:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6rqO1Lw-nY&feature=player_embedded#at=29
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/22/11 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Strange story, I was thinking the other day, I miss the days when the Luchese were knocking each other off left and right in the Amuso/Casso days. Big Frank Lastorino was one of Casso's best killers, he killed Bobby Boriello and Patrick Testa.

Vic and Gas....

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/22/11 02:02 AM

The Ny post article is wrong, the guy is the brother of Ray Argentina and mboth allegedly are Lucchese soldiers

i got this from another forum:

Peter Argentina is more likley a Luchese soldier.

"Peter Argentina is listed as a replacement for Phil Alserti, who died in 1987. Argentina, a Luchese soldier, was acquitted in 1992 of participating in a $1.2 million armored car heist."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/1998-02-06/news/18072727_1_heroin-case-armored-car-heist-soldier

peter is a lucchese. that armored car heist he got acquitted on was the same one his brother ray did about 5 years for also louie bagels did some time for that case.
Carlo is not a made guy
Posted By: Shots

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/22/11 02:24 AM

shitty aim
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/22/11 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Vic and Gas....

I think they were by far the most interesting characters in LCN the last thirty or so years. They were involved in so much stuff like the Bypass Gang, Mafia Cops, loads of hits, running the family despite being on the FBI's most wanted list, etc.

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/23/11 02:31 AM

Vic and Gas....

I think they were by far the most interesting characters in LCN the last thirty or so years. They were involved in so much stuff like the Bypass Gang, Mafia Cops, loads of hits, running the family despite being on the FBI's most wanted list, etc.

agreed i never get tired of hearing/reading about them a good portion of the family is still in the can from charges that were brought upon them during Vic and Gas reign, that family has a ton of hitters thats for sure
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/23/11 03:48 AM

The guy definitely seems to be an amateur. How can you miss from such a range...?

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 06/23/11 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The guy definitely seems to be an amateur. How can you miss from such a range...?

Well, in a letter he wrote to his sister, he admitted to being a failure. He may have been right about that one.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Target in auto-shop shoot is crime family member - 04/26/14 02:52 PM

OK seriously. Is Ray Argentina a transvestite or a pre-op transsexual?

How can anyone with a straight face get extorted by someone looking like that?
Posted By: jimmerz

Re: Target in auto-shop shoot is crime family member - 04/26/14 04:45 PM

"Peter, this is for you."

Must of been a Chin Gigante fan.... That quote sounds awfully similar to the Frank Costello shooting.
Posted By: JoeyBologna1234

Re: Gambino member shot and wounded - 04/27/14 05:51 AM

Vic and Gas....

agreed i never get tired of hearing/reading about them a good portion of the family is still in the can from charges that were brought upon them during Vic and Gas reign, that family has a ton of hitters thats for sure

Vic and Anthony had grapefruit sized balls
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET