Home

ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update)

Posted By: spmob

ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 01:39 PM

So the family is releasing more info. Everyone knew he had a small time book but I didn't know it was has big as it was. The family thinks it was either a mob hit because he refused to pay street tax or it was a trio of drug dealers who owed him $60K and refused to pay up. See the story here at philly.com.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110610_The_bookie_and_the_Biq_Squeeze.html?page=1&c=y
Posted By: thebarber

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 02:58 PM

dont know much about this case but my first guess would be the drug dealers.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 03:42 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this was a very very very well planned suicide.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 05:16 PM

This was front page on the Philadelphia Daily News today, I just finished reading it. It says he knew his days were numbered and was keeping a low profile and wearing a bullet proof vest for five months, but finally said fuck it, if he was going to be killed he couldn't do nothing about it. The article also said Borgesi was leaning on him from prison and sending guys around to Maniscalco for shakedown money, but he wouldn't give them any. It also said Maniscalco was a close associate of Carl Bradley, a known mob associate, I don't know who he is though. I don't know who killed him, but whoever did it, I don't think it was the first time they murdered someone, because it is not easy to get away with a murder in that area with the layout of the streets.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this was a very very very well planned suicide.

Yeah, I knew a guy in the Bronx, shot himself in the back of the head. Twice. Then jumped into the trunk of his car and pulled the lid shut. Breaks your heart.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
I don't know who killed him, but whoever did it, I don't think it was the first time they murdered someone, because it is not easy to get away with a murder in that area with the layout of the streets.

I agree Gerry - this was a calculated hit that was executed very well, with the desired result. 15 slugs! Only Fat Pete Chiodo could survive something like that.

No doubt the Feds are pushing the "Locked Up Ligambi's" to spill their guts, if they know anything.

It is interesting to me that the perception of Ligambi and his leadership was the "threat" or "perceived threat" of violence. Generally speaking, to succeed in that life and business, you have to follow through on the threat every now and again. I wonder if this is one of those situations.

Does anyone know if there was bad blood between Harry the Hunchback and the Ligambi leadership of LCN? If they were trying to extort and he was resisting, it sounds an awful lot like what happened when Little Nicky was running things.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/10/11 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
I don't know who killed him, but whoever did it, I don't think it was the first time they murdered someone, because it is not easy to get away with a murder in that area with the layout of the streets.

I agree Gerry - this was a calculated hit that was executed very well, with the desired result. 15 slugs! Only Fat Pete Chiodo could survive something like that.

No doubt the Feds are pushing the "Locked Up Ligambi's" to spill their guts, if they know anything.

It is interesting to me that the perception of Ligambi and his leadership was the "threat" or "perceived threat" of violence. Generally speaking, to succeed in that life and business, you have to follow through on the threat every now and again. I wonder if this is one of those situations.

Does anyone know if there was bad blood between Harry the Hunchback and the Ligambi leadership of LCN? If they were trying to extort and he was resisting, it sounds an awful lot like what happened when Little Nicky was running things.

There have been three other murders under Ligambi's leadership not including this one, if he is involved. You can say Ligambi is less prone to violence, if you're comparing him to guys like Scarfo and Merlino.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/11/11 06:27 PM

I think martorano was killed by the Philly LCN, and lean toward the Manasaclco hit being LCN also. Rocco was playing defense - it did not sound like he was out looking to get some himself. Does anyone know if Rocco had any muscle to help with his collections?

He should have struck a deal with with LCN and he would likely have gotten paid by the dope dealers on the $60k. And had his life.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/12/11 06:08 AM

Is it so farfetched to think that hits like the Maniscalco one are NOT technically mob related? As in, just because some guy has some connection to the mob doesn't automatically make a crime concerning him a "mob crime"?
In a similar vein is the recent murder of a relative of Hurry the Hunchback, that guy guy who got shot down in Philly, Im stuffed if I can remember his name now.

TonyG, I dont think that any hit that takes 15 slugs could be considered a "well executed" hit.

I could be totally wrong on this, but this is not New York we're talking about.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/12/11 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Is it so farfetched to think that hits like the Maniscalco one are NOT technically mob related? As in, just because some guy has some connection to the mob doesn't automatically make a crime concerning him a "mob crime"?
In a similar vein is the recent murder of a relative of Hurry the Hunchback, that guy guy who got shot down in Philly, Im stuffed if I can remember his name now.

TonyG, I dont think that any hit that takes 15 slugs could be considered a "well executed" hit.

I could be totally wrong on this, but this is not New York we're talking about.

Anything's possible, especially since he also reportedly owed money to drug dealers. But the fact that he was refusing to pay the street tax from his bookie/shy business obviously leads one to consider a mob connection.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/12/11 07:25 AM

Who the hell knows who killed this guy. It could've been his grandmother for all we fucking know. I just know it wasn't me.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/12/11 08:56 AM

sure it wasn't vinny! little to quick to defend yourself buddy!
Posted By: 22

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/12/11 09:50 PM

I thought the drug dealers owed him money.Something doesn't add up here.Usually the protocol is the bookie pressures the bettor,but their saying the drug dealers owe him 60 grand and their telling him to back-off.He must not have any backing from the mob which is obivous if they are trying to shake him down for street tax.This guy never had a chance.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/13/11 12:04 AM

I thought this was Harry the Hunchback's nephew?!?!?!?

Hence my assertion that this was LCN related, in addition to his book.
Posted By: mike68

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/13/11 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
I thought this was Harry the Hunchback's nephew?!?!?!?

Hence my assertion that this was related, in addition to his book.

You are right. This is Riccobene's nephew, one and the same. Not to look down on the poor guy, but I have to question his decision making here with four kids at home, one of them appears to be about 4 years old. Why don't you pay what you have to to live and be there for them? But who am I to judge.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/14/11 05:56 AM

It is Riccobene's nephew. Whatzizname.. Maniscalco.
Posted By: PhillyKid

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/14/11 04:33 PM

I thought he was Riccobene's grandson? He's a little young to be his nephew.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/03/11 07:42 PM

Ironically where he lived around ( wolf and colorado) was where FOX recently tapped Mazzoane yelling at the two oldheads...His wife spoke out about it two weeks ago saying george borgesi was leaning on him from prison..They shut down the ward, the guy comes outta jail takes over a bar...what do u thinks gonna happen there a bunch of idiots...

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/03/11 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Ironically where he lived around ( wolf and colorado) was where FOX recently tapped Mazzoane yelling at the two oldheads...His wife spoke out about it two weeks ago saying george borgesi was leaning on him from prison..They shut down the ward, the guy comes outta jail takes over a bar...what do u thinks gonna happen there a bunch of idiots...

The 1st Ward is closed for good? That place was full of coked out zombies, good riddance! Who took it over by the way?
Posted By: botz

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/03/11 08:51 PM

the drug dealers could have been the 10th and oregon crew

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/03/11 10:15 PM

I still think it was a suicide. I feel very strongly about this.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/09/11 02:23 AM

Vinny just out of curiosity why would you put this lowlife piece of shit scum bag baby-killing whore for your moniker.I live in Central Florida and I had to see this whore's face everyday.Eaten piece by piece by alligators would be way way way way way too good for her.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/09/11 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: 22
Vinny just out of curiosity why would you put this lowlife piece of shit scum bag baby-killing whore for your moniker.I live in Central Florida and I had to see this whore's face everyday.Eaten piece by piece by alligators would be way way way way way too good for her.
where at in fla? i lived in lakeland polk county florida. could not stand it! hated it down there! im a true Yankee!

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/09/11 05:45 PM

Right on the outskirts of Orlando in Altamonte Springs,Seminole County. I know what you mean phat mattress,I agree.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/09/11 07:04 PM

oh thats cool. my mom works in orlando for comcast. thats how i got down there. they still reside in florida, i choose to live in pennsylvania

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/09/11 08:10 PM

Your better off.See unlike Philly or places like that there are no corner bars that eveybody knows everybody down here.Everybody roots for a different team and the fans are not passionate at all.You can't say lend me 50 untill payday because noboby knows anybody.The part that I like the best is like early evening in november,december,january,you walk outside in shorts and sandals,just perfect.Now you can fry an egg on the asphalt.
Posted By: ONTARIO613

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/09/11 08:58 PM

I think this murder gets to much hype because he was and italian who took wagers and Knew some shady people there are so many murders in Philly and Camden(no.1 in US in 2005-07 now st. louis has the honour) that this could have been done for so many reasons by so many others Maybe it was That Fatass PCP head Reds Rivera or rocco looked at some homeboy the wrong way. Or maybe it was a Bobby baccala situation U comin out the bookie then u either a winner or a loser i have kids!shootem bang
except it kills him instead of richochet,.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/10/11 03:56 AM

This was a plan hit for sure. I know this street (Wolf) well. I wouldnt be surprised if somebody was on a roof top shooting at him (especially since he was struck all over his body). Its almost impossible to perform a hit in this location. The street as no quick get away access by car. Goin up wolf street you have to pass about 6 stop signs and then got a light on broad street to gtfo of the place. Your gonna face pretty much face the same distance If you turn down any one of the side streets especially since most of them are very small side streets which are not easy to speed through.
Posted By: ONTARIO613

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/10/11 11:31 AM

Murderers tend to run stop signs and lights if in the vicinity of the act

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/10/11 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
This was a plan hit for sure. I know this street (Wolf) well. I wouldnt be surprised if somebody was on a roof top shooting at him (especially since he was struck all over his body). Its almost impossible to perform a hit in this location. The street as no quick get away access by car. Goin up wolf street you have to pass about 6 stop signs and then got a light on broad street to gtfo of the place. Your gonna face pretty much face the same distance If you turn down any one of the side streets especially since most of them are very small side streets which are not easy to speed through.

I said something similar to this on another thread about this murder. I know the area well, and it is difficult to get away with a murder in that area, because of how narrow the streets are, number of news bags always out, etc. It is even difficult to get a parking spot in that neighborhood that time of the night, this was a well planned murder done by people who knew what they were doing.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/11/11 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever

I said something similar to this on another thread about this murder. I know the area well, and it is difficult to get away with a murder in that area, because of how narrow the streets are, number of news bags always out, etc. It is even difficult to get a parking spot in that neighborhood that time of the night, this was a well planned murder done by people who knew what they were doing.

News bags?

But Yes youre right, this area is very hard to perform that hit.

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/11/11 08:39 PM

I'm from area to. Car could b parked elsewhere or with getaway driver. Also wolf runs east and he was right around 16th. So at most he hits 16, 15th as stop signs n then your on broad St. At that point he can go wherever. Cross broad turn again...whatever. no lights on wolf but broad. Go right hit 95. Million possibilities ...or could b on foot n know area well and have someone waiting.the fact us we don't really know who did it or how. At least not yet. Many options

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/11/11 08:41 PM

Lets not forget south philly slide lol

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 07/11/11 09:10 PM

Definitely planned well tho
Posted By: Skinny

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 03/01/13 02:51 AM

Well if hed pay the guys shaking him down, hed probly be able to collect on that 60k hit and wouldnt have either party looking to kill him. But you know, thats just me...
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 03/01/13 03:39 AM

Without Ligambi and his guys running things, it's getting sloppy for the Philly guys. The Nicodemo hit has to be the dumbest thing since the three stooges, and with Merlino seemingly wanting nothing to do with them anymore who's left to lead them?
Posted By: chellet

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 06/09/13 04:51 AM

You people didn't know him personally. He was a son a father an uncle and a cousin....He lived life to the fullest. Unfortunately our last name when we bor was into the family whether you wanna be in or not!! We have no choice...No 1 has a clue and will ever have 1!!!!No reason to assume .....
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: ROCCO MANISCALCO (south philly murder update) - 10/26/13 06:35 AM

Lol at it being hard to kill someone there, wtf are u guys talking about? People get killed in south philly all the time, what do you think it was jason Bourne because he got shot on a one way street? It was two blocks away from broad street, not to mention they coulda been on foot, parked close by, or just sped away quickly then simmered down a few blocks away.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET