Home

Albert Anastasia News reel

Posted By: Mooney

Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 12:03 PM

I am sure a lot of you have seen this but i figured i would post it for the people that haven't. I found this a couple years ago. pretty damn cool if you ask me...

Posted By: Lilo

Re: Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 12:26 PM

Thanks. I wonder if that house still exists and who owns it.
Posted By: ovation32

Re: Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 02:03 PM

Buddy Hackett bought it in the 60s I believe. He died in the early 2000s and I am not sure who owns it now. I would be shocked if it does not still exist. It is a mansion on the Palisades.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 04:33 PM

Knowing Anastasia, I'm surprised the reporter didn't end up dead in a ditch beside a swamp. Thanks, Mooney. I had been looking for some footage of him. At what point of time is this? After he tried encroaching on Lansky territory?
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 05:28 PM

This vid was made in the early 1950s.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 05:56 PM

Was this the Mangano brothers situation? When Costello saved his ass.
Posted By: ht2

Re: Albert Anastasia News reel - 05/03/11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Knowing Anastasia, I'm surprised the reporter didn't end up dead in a ditch beside a swamp. Thanks, Mooney. I had been looking for some footage of him. At what point of time is this? After he tried encroaching on Lansky territory?

I'm pretty sure this is the fall of 1951, just days after Willie Moretti was murdered. There were rumors that Anastasia was next on the hit list.

The Kefauver hearings took place in 1950-1951. The hearings were televised and broadcast coast to coast and the top gangsters were the focus of a lot of unwanted media attention.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET