Home

Philly Mob, New Made Guys?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 10:59 AM

Hi guys new to this forum it is really great!

Wondered if anyone knew whether the Philly mob has made any new guys under Ligambi? Since Ligambi took over things appear to be running smoothy but apparently there are only like 20 made guys on the street, couldn't Ligambi induct some new blood to make the family stronger?
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 12:22 PM

I don't know if this is accurate but I wud b forced to think anthony nicodemo must have been made under ligambi. He is just to young to b made under merlino

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 01:18 PM

Thanks, so you reckon only one guy has been made under uncle Joe?
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 01:56 PM

I could be wrong...but I think Joe made his brother Phil. I don't think Phil Ligambi was a made guy until Joe was in the big seat. A couple of years ago I heard rumors of some younger guys being made but I think it was pure rumor. Maybe one guy was and maybe that was Nicodemo. I am not sure.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Thanks, so you reckon only one guy has been made under uncle Joe?
. No that's not at all what I am saying. I really don't know enough about the philly family to say who has got there button under uncle joe. I just assume nicodemo did because of his age. He wud have only been in his mid 20's when merlino went away and not to many people get there button at such a young age

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 05:07 PM

Got you. Nicodemo is only 39-40 yrs old now so yeah he must have been made under Ligambi.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 06:50 PM

Ligambi has made several made guys since he became boss....

Anthony Staino
Anthony Nicodemo
Michael Angelina
Anthony Borgesi
Martin "Marty Crutch" Curro
Damion “Dame” Canalichio
Salvatore "Sonny" Mazzone
Ralph "Ralphie Head" Abbruzzi
Anthony "Tony Cujino" Accardo
Stephen "Stevie Gongs" Casasanto
Louis "Big Lou" Fazzini
Albert Lancelotti
Phillip Ligambi

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 06:58 PM

Wasn't Sonny Mazzone made under Joey? I forgot about Al Lance. I didn't know Stevie Gongs was actually a made guy. I thought Staino was made already but like I said, I am not sure.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
Wasn't Sonny Mazzone made under Joey? I forgot about Al Lance. I didn't know Stevie Gongs was actually a made guy. I thought Staino was made already but like I said, I am not sure.

There has always been conflicting reports about Stevie Gongs. In any event, if he is indeed made, it is allegedly like the rest - under Ligambi. I say allegedly because they've been listed as members in different articles. But the only 2 officially confirmed new made guys (identified by the government) are Anthony Staino and Anthony Nicodemo.
Posted By: 22

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 04/26/11 07:51 PM

I think A.Nicodemo has been a made guy for a while,rumor is after the Johnny Gongs hit in 03 is what got him his button.He bacame a major player especially during the Borgota gambling deal,he was the one they answered to.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/01/13 12:45 PM

wasnt eric esposito made by ligambi also?
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/01/13 07:12 PM

Phil is made?
Wasn't Lou mocibello made?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/01/13 07:28 PM

Other than fazzini are any of those guys shooters? Is canilicchio?
Posted By: tjonezee

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/01/13 09:03 PM

I dont doubt anything you guys have stated about these guys getting made. My question is, what do guys like Michael Angelina and Phil Ligambi do to justify being made? Angelina seems like a pretty legit guy in the real estate market. I have no idea what Phil Ligambi does/or did to earn his status? Obviously, guys are being made without participating in murders, but what criteria did these guys meet?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 12:53 AM

phil is made because his brothers the boss and mike angelina's brother is marty. they probably are involved with gambling and loan sharking too in some way shape or form

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 12:55 AM

lou monacello was not made.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 06:49 AM

After reading Leonetti's book it seems like they were really made guys,but like you say the guys that you have mentioned seem more like legit guys.Even Ralphie''Head''Abruzzi he's never really been in the so called trenches has he?I guess there were more opportunities back then because those guys in Leonetti's era were in to everything.Big time money.Like one of the guys on the tapes said its a broke mob,maybe he's right.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 07:56 AM

Does anyone know the guys who Ligambi refused to make because he didn't really know them? The ones he said Merlino could make when he was released?
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 03:43 PM

The last guys made by.ligambi in march 2011

Sonny Mazzone brother of current acting boss Stevie Mazzone
Louie electric aka joe servido who's with scoops in the north jersey crew
Dominick grande who is under Philly narducci currently

Eric Esposito, dame canalichio and Lou fazzini got in in 2007

Beleive in 2011 big meeting between Mazzone and crea
To break breaded an get acquainted
Stevie has Many friends from fed prison
Mcscott and ga can confirm this meeting as well as the FBI in ny and Philly

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 04:46 PM

Phil narducci? i dont think hes involved anymore but i may be wrong. if anything grande was around nicodemo alot. i heard once nicodemo was an acting captain but got demoted, but maybe he was under mikey lance?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 04:49 PM

And i would really like to know more about this meeting with steve mazzone and steve crea. I've been tracking the philly family for some years now and never heard of such a meeting. but please share your source because i think that would be very interesting to read.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/02/13 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Phil narducci? i dont think hes involved anymore but i may be wrong. if anything grande was around nicodemo alot. i heard once nicodemo was an acting captain but got demoted, but maybe he was under mikey lance?

Grande was supposedly Nicodemo's righthand man before he was arrested for the murder. They are very close. But i have also heard that Grande is with Phil Narducci now along with a few other younger guys. Just what i was told by people who know some of these guys. Anyone else hear that?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 03:49 AM

I heard that Narducci is active and claiming Capo status.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
I heard that Narducci is active and claiming Capo status.

He did a long stretch. He hasn't been out that long so for him to jump right back in would be dumb. He's got a successful cheese-steak shop in SP and wanted to open a pawnshop recently but since he's a felon he can't operate it supposedly. The Girard estates home owners committee or whatever weren't going to have it, even though it would have been in a relative's name. That says a lot about Philadelphia he could of created a few jobs maybe even took les gold's place of Hardcore Pawn. I rather see Narducci then Gold on tv. Maybe the feds could have oversight and create some jobs for some people that would be a riot.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 05:16 AM

DN. Good one on the job creation; if there is one thing this current administration knows how to do, its how to creat jobs and stimulate the economy. (:
AS far as the lenght of the bid, I think that is indicative of a reason to jump back in head first. He was 26 when he went in, and he probaby feels like hes got something coming to him. So if anything, I think its motive to make a move.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 09:15 AM

yea and the narducci's have been around for a while in the philly family, and with all the people locked up right now it makes sense phil being a capo. I read something about the pawn shop and i know about the steak shop but i think i just read that his family owns some club called encore.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 01:49 PM

I think Encore is under his sister Susan's name, but Phil has taken an active role managing the place along with his nephew according to an article i read.

http://www.southphillyreview.com/news/across-the-generations-148969315.html

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 05:15 PM

I think he would make a good boss,he definetley has the respect and the demeanor.He's been around,probably a lot smarter now.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 05:56 PM

In his book Leonetti said Phil Narducci is a real gangster and a very shrewd guy like his father was.

Wonder how Narducci and Mazzone are getting along these days?

Anyone know when Merlino gets off all restrictions?
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 06:19 PM

Not until next year I think Giancarlo

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 06:24 PM

Narducci is going to be a captain. I doubt he wants the limelight. After 23 years inside its the least they could do for him. No reason to start a war.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 06:53 PM

I think they probably already bumped up one of the Scarfo guys and he's in charge of the rest of them, Maybe Phil Narducci, maybe Joe Grande,but Im positive that most of the guys that got out of prison are still involved and I can't fathom any of them reporting to Mikey Lance, let alone Staino or the chidrule from Kenilworth

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/03/13 09:33 PM

I'm not so sure about all the guys.I think Tory Scafidi stayed in Florida and I heard the Pungitores are just real-estate guys.They don't want Nicky Merlino and Staino and Iannece have sort of been shelved.I thinf Frankie Narducci got in some kind of trouble and he's back in.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/04/13 05:03 PM

This past Sunday there was an Italian festival of some sorts on the avenue, seen two of the guys (Anthony Borgesi and Tony Cujino) standing around with a bunch of midget hanger on's mostly. I didn't recognize any of that crew but perhaps they are new players. The weather was nice down the jersey shore, has anyone seen any of the usual crew of margate mobsters around there? Due to hurricane sandy my house is still being lifted up to code so I haven't stayed down this summer season yet.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/04/13 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Southphilly4ever
This past Sunday there was an Italian festival of some sorts on the avenue, seen two of the guys (Anthony Borgesi and Tony Cujino) standing around with a bunch of midget hanger on's mostly. I didn't recognize any of that crew but perhaps they are new players. The weather was nice down the jersey shore, has anyone seen any of the usual crew of margate mobsters around there? Due to hurricane sandy my house is still being lifted up to code so I haven't stayed down this summer season yet.

Yeah the "new codes" have people saying F it and are just selling their homes.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/04/13 05:47 PM

Philly Narducci is a captain. Mazzone had no choice, his rise is backed by too many heavy hitters for Mazzone to say no to. To my understanding Mazzone is basically the boss right now. Very little if any is sent to Merlino in florida. Mazzone is not as smart as narducci but is on the right side of things politically... He is trusted by Merlino guys, and the newer guys close to ligambi, which constitutes the majority. They get along out of pure respect, both have done a lot of time and are capable leaders. I will try i find out more about these guys i only know little about a few of them.

Louie, you are right, it is actually spelled Servidio. He was under beeps centorino for 20 years so i will take your word for it on the meeting with crea.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/04/13 06:15 PM

Servidio is named in this case.

http://articles.philly.com/2001-03-28/ne...-la-cosa-nostra

Dambrosia is under the gambino crew now with Nicky M.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/04/13 08:12 PM

i read somewhere he met up with crea to get back in good graces with luchese's after the scarfo-amuso pact
Posted By: marine

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/05/13 04:48 AM

Yea cant wait to see what the shore looks like..do all the houses have to b lifted cause of new code now?Wish that fat Fu$& chrsty could do more..But he is busy Raising house taxes in Nj, see the new political commercial on him yet.. and getting another tummy tuck..Did the first one work? I still see a freakin massive blimp.... and talkin trash to former military members....
Posted By: Jose

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/05/13 11:45 AM

Mazzone is driving around south Philly in a brand new white Mercedes - maybe it's a "friends" but it's an awesome ride.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/05/13 11:47 AM

If anyone can find the article about mazzone and crea please share with me.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/05/13 11:56 AM

Narducci is probably happy with being capo. why fight to be boss?especially after what happened to long john. Who knows, maybe mazzone and them get indicted and Narducci becomes acting boss in a few years..
Posted By: Itiswhatitis

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/05/13 05:50 PM

What style Mercedes?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 12:51 AM

He has the aptitude to be boss. The heat is all on mazzones gambling operations, and merlinos shit which is mostly getting kicks from book and coke. When they both go down (they will) Narducci could easily step up. He was very young when he went away.

A question for you guys who is "johnny chang"?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 12:52 AM

Is this him?

http://articles.philly.com/1995-01-06/news/25712825_1_john-stanfa-joseph-skinny-joey-merlino-mob

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 01:52 AM

Not exactly sure the type of Mercedes but new enough that the dealer tags still on there. Saw him running some errands thru south philly at some of the usual and expected locations - philadium , broadway club ... No fanook but Stevie appears in healthy shape and doing well for himself
Plenty of threads on Johnny Chang in here .. Would imagine the heat is on both these guys as they are rumored to be top of the pyramid with the rest away. Either one of them gets pinched and they are looking at serious time with previous convictions. Can't see Chang putting himself out the like that - seems smarter to me. He's completely gone from the lotto stand on Packer Ave - his wife may still own it but he's never there anymore.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Joselevens
Not exactly sure the type of Mercedes but new enough that the dealer tags still on there. Saw him running some errands thru south philly at some of the usual and expected locations - philadium , broadway club ... No fanook but Stevie appears in healthy shape and doing well for himself
Plenty of threads on Johnny Chang in here .. Would imagine the heat is on both these guys as they are rumored to be top of the pyramid with the rest away. Either one of them gets pinched and they are looking at serious time with previous convictions. Can't see Chang putting himself out the like that - seems smarter to me. He's completely gone from the lotto stand on Packer Ave - his wife may still own it but he's never there anymore.

How can you see someone running errands that is driving around ? Are you that detective that follows around Merlino in Florida?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: cheech
i read somewhere he met up with crea to get back in good graces with luchese's after the scarfo-amuso pact

I heard he met up with Joe C not Crea

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

A standup guy.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 11:05 AM

Dnose - ha would appear so but no. Do my long runs on the weekends and both of those places are on my routes. It was very random no question

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 11:33 AM

Earlier I said they didn't want Nicky Merlino back I meant to say Nicky Milano.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 12:40 PM

I read somewhere that when Nicky Milano came home from jail, Ligambi told him he wasnt welcome back in the game. Most likely cause his brother Eugene "Gino" Milano was involved with the Frankie Flowers murder and ratted on everybody.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

I heard he met up with Joe C not Crea

its possible, i cant remeber where i saw it, maybe it was a poster but i def remember seeing mazzone met up with someone from the luchese's

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 04:13 PM

anybody have that video of Stratweiser harrasing Johnny Chang at the lotto stand?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 04:32 PM

anybody have that video of Stratweiser harrasing Johnny Chang at the lotto stand?

Here you go Cheech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr4HJEq3nwY

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 05:04 PM

thanks GC, this video cracks me up
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 05:25 PM

Don't get why all those attorneys are so pissed he has a lottery stand. Get over it, it's legal.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Don't get why all those attorneys are so pissed he has a lottery stand. Get over it, it's legal.

Well he was a former Prosecutor Nicky and by taking a look at the guy hes probably a little light in the loafers so take everything he says "WITH TWO GRAINS OF SALT!!!!" Dave SHratwesoer use to work at NJ attorney generals office or the crime commission of NJ ..You can look it up if you don't believe me so of course he does't mine sitting around in the back of a van all day with some other fruitloop
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 07:08 PM

He has the aptitude to be boss. The heat is all on mazzones gambling operations, and merlinos shit which is mostly getting kicks from book and coke. When they both go down (they will) Narducci could easily step up. He was very young when he went away.

so the boss of the philly mob indirectly sells coke?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 09:45 PM

Basically, cookcounty.... Of course all bosses do, but Merlino is closer to the action on this one.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/06/13 10:41 PM

@skinny

all gangleaders don't sell coke so I know all mafia bosses don't

why does philly even tolerate merlino?

it sounds like the philly mob is damn near totally blue collar

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
@skinny

all gangleaders don't sell coke so I know all mafia bosses don't

why does philly even tolerate merlino?

it sounds like the philly mob is damn near totally blue collar

I think Skinny was saying Merlino was getting kickbacks from cocaine dealers. The "Whatever Happened to the South Philly Mob?" article talked about the mob lending money to drug dealers for a one-time kickback, as well. Kickbacks...tribute...it may be largely semantics. And Philadelphia has basically been a street operation for over 20 years now; ever since they lost control of HERE Local 54. Ligambi and others have legit interests but the family is mostly the standard blue collar rackets.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 05:04 AM

they should throw that guys scoops a bone make him consig. seems like he's the real deal. does philly have a underboss or consig on the street? so we heard that uncle joe made guys in 2007 and maybe 2011, why don't we think he made 1 or 2 guys every year he could have. greg scarpa was reporting in 1989 the Colombo's would make like 2 to 4 guys every month he tell his fbi handler there names. I wish we find out how massino did his guys if vitale write a book bet he says we would make guys every 2 months in 2001. he said they lied to other familes about dead members and would take names out the phone books to stack there number if no one was counting they could have got up there. the Colombo made 7 guys in January 2008 at one of the ct casino's.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 10:12 AM

Scoops has been around since probably the bruno days and has always been a big money maker. But it seems to me he likes to talk too much and that can never be good. I could see him as a consig though...

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 10:29 AM

And im thinking if Steve Mazzone is Acting Boss, maybe Johnny Chang is acting underboss. Unless they're both like an administration type deal. only people on the street I could see as acting consig. would either be Scoops Licata or Mikey Lance.. but who knows right now.. Alot of scarfo guys are home. Narduccis, joe grande, joe pungintore, sal scafidi. charles iannece.. Changs dad gets released in less then 2 years... If another indictment brings down the rest of the merlino guys, then The older experienced guys will be running things and schooling the younger generation..

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 03:54 PM

Handsoome stevie, ive heard Johnny Chang is the #3. Idk if that meant hes consiglieri or under. Thats just exactly how i heard it. First time hearing the name was two weeks ago, i didnt know much about him, still dont.

Assuming theres a consiglieri, its not Joe Scoops. He is a big earner, and a politician, you are right but hes a bit short on the balls department. Dont get me wrong hes stand up as they come, but he just dodged a big bullet by getting acquitted. He has every right to be timid right now. On top of getting caught on tape by Nicky Skins, remember he was ratted on by Fresolone years ago. Hes got every reason not to meet any new guys, i doubt hes going to be consiglieri. Hes also been around forever. He knows that family has a history of being unstable and killing off powerful guys from Newark. He will think back to the last north jersey guy who became consiglieri, Tony Bananas. Look what happened to him. He'll remember every powerful guy that ever came from Down NEck like he did. Most ended up dead or ratted. Bannanas, Specs, Sodano. He became captain out of attrition. He was not a violent, scary guy, he was an old numbers guy. Scoops has respect bc of seniority. He made all his money the old fashion way. Gambling and loans. If anything, he keeps his spot warm for Fazzini, who takes over the day he gets out. Sorry for the long post i know a bit more about the nj philly crew, you guys can pm me if you want to know anything more about its past captains, etc.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 05:46 PM

I heard that Narducci thing as a rumor. Who would be in his crew? I don't know though.

Anyway, I saw the same Borgesi crew as you did at the Italian Festival this weekend at the Tropicana in AC.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 05:50 PM

And Phil Ligambi has been on the outskirts for years involoved in gambling. But he was probably only made because of Joe.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 08:48 PM

How many guys are even in the north nj philly crew? Don't know any besides licata and fazzini. Who else is made? Don't see how much influence they can have with the 5 families and Devalvacantes there.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
How many guys are even in the north nj philly crew? Don't know any besides licata and fazzini. Who else is made? Don't see how much influence they can have with the 5 families and Devalvacantes there.

Members would include Scoops Licata, Beeps Centorino, Nicky Oliveri, and Lou Fazzini. Plus whatever associates. The 2004 NJ OC report described the crew as basically a "gambling operation."

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Members would include Scoops Licata, Beeps Centorino, Nicky Oliveri, and Lou Fazzini. Plus whatever associates. The 2004 NJ OC report described the crew as basically a "gambling operation."

Did they ever remake Nicky O after that induction ceremony was ruled invalid by NY?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/07/13 10:42 PM

^^^ No. But they recognize scoops and hes well liked enough not to start a problem.

North Jersey is-Licata, Fazini, Centorino, Servidio, Darce, Nicky O, Dennis Christy, and some other old fart that goes back to sodano. Hes in his 80s, retired, if someone knows the name it may come back to me but hes under scoops. Christy isnt made but he has his own crew, so i included him.
Posted By: rg

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 04:28 PM

Let's assume everyone's out on street. What would the chart look like?
Where does everyone fall into line? Very interesting to see if the ligambi or Merlino guys have more pull. Mousie or MAZZONE ? Staino or Angelina ? Where does narducci and borgesi fit in? Any word on what lance is up too ?

I'd love to know who would be the Capos out of these guys.
Borgesi
Staino
Lance
Narducci
Angelina
Lucibello
Chang
Mousie

I'd figure the top 3 to b Merlino ligambi n mazzone

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 04:47 PM

Don't forget about Joe Grande, he's a player.

According to Leonetti those are the 2 guys that could cause problems.

"Never a big fan of Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino, he writes that the erstwhile mob boss, now cooling his heels in Florida, is better off in the Sunshine State. He describes Merlino as a “punk” and a “thief.” And he warns that guys like Phil Narducci and Joe Grande who were jailed with Scarfo in 1987 and who have recently been released, also have less than a favorable impression of Merlino, a young, cocky wannabe gangster when they were on the streets."

“These guys are real gangsters,” Leonetti says of his former underworld contemporaries."

http://www.jerseymanmagazine.com/mobscene-leonetti.php

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: rg

Fortunately for Philly, Anestatia and that shmuck from fox philly arent reporting on them every week.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Did they ever remake Nicky O after that induction ceremony was ruled invalid by NY?

Who ruled it invaild? I mean 10 years from now it's going to look like Men in Black 3 around here you'll have obie-one-kanobee flying by your door on a surfboard

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 08:07 PM

Who ruled it invaild? I mean 10 years from now it's going to look like Men in Black 3 around here you'll have obie-one-kanobee flying by your door on a surfboard

If my memory is correct the Gambinos started a beef about it, something about not passing a list around and a beef about Nicky O being made into the philly family. I think they were claiming him as an associate but i'm not positive about all this so maybe Skinny remembers more details about it.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 08:22 PM

He was originally with Jimmy Palmieri a gambino, so when he died i think he went under Paddy Specs. The gambinos said he belonged to him, as far as i know hes not recognised outside Philly.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 08:40 PM

He was originally with Jimmy Palmieri a gambino, so when he died i think he went under Paddy Specs. The gambinos said he belonged to him, as far as i know hes not recognised outside Philly.

Jimmy Higgins, right? Wasn't there also a beef that philly didn't pass a list around prior to the making ceremony? I could swear i remember something like that.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/08/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Jimmy Higgins, right? Wasn't there also a beef that philly didn't pass a list around prior to the making ceremony? I could swear i remember something like that.

George Anastahia is the acting boss right now. He's got to make any guy with merlino down in florida and ligambi in the can he has easy access to both and he makes new guys by putting their name in the paper so because it was in the paper it becomes a fact

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: rg
Where does everyone fall into line? Very interesting to see if the ligambi or Merlino guys have more pull. Mousie or MAZZONE ? Staino or Angelina ? Where does narducci and borgesi fit in? Any word on what lance is up too ?

I'd love to know who would be the Capos out of these guys.
Borgesi
Staino
Lance
Narducci
Angelina
Lucibello
Chang
Mousie

He's the latest chart of the family. It shows all members. Obviously many of them are not active on the street. And just for the hell of it, I also added members who have died over the past decade and those who have flipped.

Boss: Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino/51
Underboss: Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi/73 (IP)
Consigliere: Steven "Handsome Steve" Mazzone/49 (currently Acting Boss?)

Captains:
Michael "Mikey Lance" Lancellotti/50 (South Philly Crew)
George “Georgie” Borgesi/49 (IP) (South Philly/South Jersey/Bucks County Crew)
Anthony “Tony S/Ants” Staino/55 (IP)(South Jersey Crew)
Joseph "Scoops" Licata/71 (North Jersey Crew)

Soldiers:
1. Martin "Marty" Angelina/50 (IP/7/11/2015)
2. Gennaro "Joseph Costello" Boccia/61
3. Joseph “Bongs” Bongiovanni/66
4. Damion “Dame” Canalichio/43 (IP)
5. Vincent "Beepsie" Centorino/81
6. John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini/57
7. Joseph "Joey Chang" Ciancaglini Jr/54
8. Joseph “Chickie” Ciancaglini Sr/78 (5/04/2015)
9. Martin "Marty Crutch" Curro/59
10. Eric Esposito/42 (UI)
11. Louis "Big Lou" Fazzini/46 (IP)
12. Vincent "Big Vince" Filipelli/60
13. Robert Gentile/76 (UI/IP)
14. Dominic Grande
15. Joseph "Wayne" Grande/53
16. Francis "Faffy" Iannarella/66 (IP/7/8/2016)
17. Charles "Charlie White" Iannece/78
18. Vincent "Vince" Iannece/47
19. Gaeton “Gate/The Big Guy” Lucibello/60 (IP/2/2/2015)
20. Frank Martines/59 (IP/L)
21. Joseph "Mousie" Massimino/63 (IP)
22. Salvatore "Sonny" Mazzone/41
23. Nicholas "Nicky Whip" Milano/52
24. Frank “Windows” Narducci Jr/59
25. Phillip Narducci/50
26. Anthony “Tony Nics” Nicodemo/41 (UI/IP)
27. Nicholas "Nicky O" Oliveri/63
28. Vincent "Al Pajamas" Pagano/83 (IP/9/28/2063)
29. Anthony "Tony Pung" Pungitore Jr/58
30. Joseph "Joey Pung" Pungitore/56
31. Dominic Rugnetta/90
32. Salvatore "Tory" Scafidi/51
33. Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo/84 (IP/1/05/2033)
34. Antonio “Nino” Sciglitano/84
35. Joseph "Joey Electric" Servidio/
36. Ralph "Junior" Staino/80
37. John Stanfa/72 (IP/L)
38. Joseph “Joey” Stanfa/43
39. Luigi “Gino” Tripodi/75
40. Shawn Vetere/44

Possible Members:
Anthony "Tony Cujino" Accardo/52
Michael "Mikey" Angelina/47
Antony Borgesi/43
Nicholas "The Hat" Cimino/47
Albert "Ally Lance" Lancelotti/48
Philip "Philly" Ligambi Sr./66

Members Who Have Died Since 2000:
Giuseppe Bellina (2006)
Nicholas "The Turk" Cifelli (2008)
Joseph “Joe Crutch” Curro (2004)
Anthony “Tony Meats” Ferrante (2001)
Gerardo “Jerry” Fusella (2007)
Frank Gambino (2012)
Santo “Big Santo” Idone (2005)
Mario Maggio (2008)
Alphonse "Funzie" Marconi (2006)
Guerino "Gino" Marconi (2009)
Raymond "Long John" Martorano (2002) (Killed)
Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino (2012)
Ralph “Blackie” Napoli (2003)
Anthony “Tony Buck” Piccolo (2004)
John Praino (2009)
Anthony "Martino/Blonde Babe" Pungitore Sr. (2012)
Michael “Mickey the Walker" Ricciardi (2001)
Harry “The Hunchback” Riccobene (2000)
Salvatore "Shotsie" Sparacio (2011)
Michael "Mikey Pen Knife" Virgilio (2007)

Members Who Have Flipped:
1. Biagio Adornetto/Soldier (1993)
2. Sergio Battaglia/Soldier (1996)
3. Rosario Bellochi/Soldier (1995)
4. Peter "The Crumb" Caprio/Capo (2000)
5. Nicholas "Nicky the Crow" Caramandi/Soldier (1986)
6. Thomas "Tommy Del" DelGiorno/Capo/Soldier (1986)
7. George Freselone/Capo (Dead) (1990)
8. Salvatore "Wayne" Grande/Soldier (1993)
9. Philip "Crazy Phil" Leonetti/UnderBoss (1989)
10. Robert "Bobby" Luisi Jr/Capo (2000)
11. Lawrence "Larry/Yogi" Merlino/Capo/Soldier (1989)
12. Eugene "Gino" Milano/Soldier (1988)
13. Ralph Natale/Boss (1999)
14. Ronald "Big Ron" Previte/Capo (1999)
15. Gaeton "Tommy Horsehead" Scafidi/Soldier (2000)
16. Rocco Scafidi/Soldier (informant since 1960's)
17. John Veasey/Soldier (1994)
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 06:08 AM

Counting everyone who is alive and not under indictment and in prison they got about 37 members on the street. Counting possible made guys and old as fuck guys
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 06:50 AM

Whats Borgesi looking at if he gets done?

He's young (ish). Is he looking at another 20, 10, 5?
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 03:05 PM

When is merlinos probation is over?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 03:38 PM

Id say Borgesi is looking at atleast 8-10 with his priors.. maybe even more.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 03:39 PM

so frank narducci is 9 years older then Phil? What is Frank Jr up to these days?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 03:41 PM

Skinny- Are you saying that Nicky Oliveri is with the Gambino Family? and how come we havent heard much about Nicky O in the last few years?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 05:44 PM

@ Giancarlo and Stevie-Yeah, He was called Higgins or Higby. 2 of his brothers got there stripes with the westside. I think only one is still alive and under Devita still. Funny Jimmy P was ever made bc he shot a gambino captain Frank Corsi. I guess money talks bc he got made by gotti. Idk if philly ever had to pass around a list at all, i think the only problem was bc the olivieri bros were with Palmieri. Stevie, all Nciky O was good for was beating the shit out of people and hes like 70 or so now... Not a brokster, but not well off either. Merlino is trying to get him to move to FL. Im surprised he wasnt arrested in the big philly sweep, bc Nicky Skins and him were tight and did biz together. But supposedly Skins refused to tape some people like the Perna's kids, so it wouldnt surprise me if he didnt tape a guy like Nicky O. Nicky O as far as i know isnt recognized by the gambinos, but ive never heard of him recently having any problems with those guys. The only NJ Gambinos that had any balls are in there 80s or are dead. (Buddy Mussigrosso, Juicy D, Skins)... That crews got nobody tough left. well barely.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 05:51 PM

@ Giancarlo and Stevie-Yeah, He was called Higgins or Higby. 2 of his brothers got there stripes with the westside. I think only one is still alive and under Devita still. Funny Jimmy P was ever made bc he shot a gambino captain Frank Corsi. I guess money talks bc he got made by gotti. Idk if philly ever had to pass around a list at all, i think the only problem was bc the olivieri bros were with Palmieri. Stevie, all Nciky O was good for was beating the shit out of people and hes like 70 or so now... Not a brokster, but not well off either. Merlino is trying to get him to move to FL. Im surprised he wasnt arrested in the big philly sweep, bc Nicky Skins and him were tight and did biz together. But supposedly Skins refused to tape some people like the Perna's kids, so it wouldnt surprise me if he didnt tape a guy like Nicky O. Nicky O as far as i know isnt recognized by the gambinos, but ive never heard of him recently having any problems with those guys. The only NJ Gambinos that had any balls are in there 80s or are dead. (Buddy Mussigrosso, Juicy D, Skins)... That crews got nobody tough left. well barely.

What's up with Nicky Skins Son that got jammed up did his family go in the program or not? I remember a day after the news broke all that stuff about him that they made a statement of two to the NYPOST but nothing after that.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 05:59 PM

they moved. idk if they went into witness protection
Posted By: Cbronx

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 10:33 PM

Jimmy Palmieri was just called Jimmy Higgins not Higby that was his brother and he wasn't made by Gotti, he died in 1985, not even under gotti's reign. Also none of his brothers ever got made.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 10:36 PM

Besides Nicky Mitarontonda and Andy Merola, do you have a list of the current made guys in the Gambino's Jersey crew?

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Cbronx
Jimmy Palmieri was just called Jimmy Higgins not Higby that was his brother and he wasn't made by Gotti, he died in 1985, not even under gotti's reign. Also none of his brothers ever got made.

Yes Jimmy Palmieri went by the name Jimmy Higgins on the street. He's in that photo walking with Tino Fiumara. He's the guy wearing a fedora in the picture that was wrongly id'd as Joe Adonis. It's not Adonis, it's Jimmy Higgins.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/09/13 11:18 PM

Yes he was called Higby too. He was the only one who was with the Gambinos. At least one (im sure of), ive heard two, was made by Andy G or DePhillips. He may not have been made by gotti, if you are right, but that is exactly what i have heard.
Posted By: Cbronx

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/10/13 01:24 AM

Jimmy Palmieri had three brothers :Rocco,John,Nick, all dead...None of the Palmieris ever got made excecpt for James.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/10/13 02:39 AM

Jimmy Palmieri had three brothers :Rocco,John,Nick, all dead...None of the Palmieris ever got made excecpt for James.

My mudda had three brotha's
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/10/13 03:47 AM

My fadda had tree sistas and my mudda also had a fadda

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/10/13 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bobbytran

My fadda had tree sistas and my mudda also had a fadda

Yeah my mudda's tree brudda's got kids n makes me a grandfadda of tree.

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/10/13 09:13 AM

Thanks for the info Giancarlo

Re: Philly Mob, New Made Guys? - 06/10/13 09:13 AM

Is there any info online about nicky skins son?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET