Home

joey merlino

Posted By: thebarber

joey merlino - 04/10/11 02:52 PM

hey guys have taken a real interest in joey merlino. I have been reading up and watching videos on joey and fnd it totally amazing hs rise to power as such a young age.

I was hopng some of the philly guys here could share some stories about joey they may have heard on the streets. What was he like personally?? What rackets did he use to to gain such power at a young age ?? Did he rely on who his father was or did he make his own way on the streets?? Just looking for some extra info on merlino. Thanks
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: joey merlino - 04/10/11 11:18 PM

The guy certainly isn't a master criminal mind by any means. His career has mostly centered around shaking other people down rather than being a big earner himself. But judging from what I've seen from the opinions of local Philly people on other forums, there is a certain amount of respect for the moxy (or whatever you want to call it) Merlino had. There weren't really any coattails to ride on in terms of his father. He has always had the loyalty of guys around him and pretty much made his own way; surviving the odds in terms of avoiding both getting killed and serving a life sentence. So far anyway.
Posted By: PhillyKid

Re: joey merlino - 04/11/11 02:47 AM

Ivy, His father was a well respected guy until he had his falling out with Scarfo. He pretty much ran Philadelphia because Scarfo was always in AC or down in Florida. He would always leave Chuckie in charge. Not to say he didn't have his faults. He was just as bloodthirsty as Scarfo or Leonetti and had a very bad alcohol problem, he'd drink for days on end.

But once Scarfo turned on him, everybody sold him down the river especially Faffy Iannarella and Tommy DelGiorno. No one stuck their neck out for a guy that Scarfo turned on, especially not by 1986.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: joey merlino - 04/11/11 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: PhillyKid
Ivy, His father was a well respected guy until he had his falling out with Scarfo. He pretty much ran Philadelphia because Scarfo was always in AC or down in Florida. He would always leave Chuckie in charge. Not to say he didn't have his faults. He was just as bloodthirsty as Scarfo or Leonetti and had a very bad alcohol problem, he'd drink for days on end.

That's what I was referring to, i.e. his drinking and eventual demotion.
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: joey merlino - 04/11/11 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The guy certainly isn't a master criminal mind by any means.

How dare you!!!!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: joey merlino - 04/11/11 09:44 PM

lol lol lol lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET