Home

Bernardo Provenzano wants early release...

Posted By: Mooney

Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 02/03/11 09:12 PM

LOL, i don't care if this guy is found out to be the second coming of christ he isn't getting out.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/e...-health-grounds
Posted By: carmela

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/17/12 10:16 PM

Provenzano was determined to not be suffering from dementia before the Court yesterday. His son Angelo, has been fighting for his father, trying to get him better care for his colon cancer and saying his father suffers from dementia. Obviously, the Court disagrees.

Video is in Italian, I don't feel like translating. I'm tired. I pretty much summed it up above, though.

Posted By: Mark

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 04:45 PM

If I remember correctly - and I could be wrong... Isn't this the man that was caught in Sicily during a Carabinieri raid that also netted actual typed out pages detailing "The 10 Commandments of The Mafia" - as the media dubbed. BTW - there was a documentary on NatGeo channel a couple of years ago about those "commandments" that is very good. I think it was a 2 hour thing.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
If I remember correctly - and I could be wrong... Isn't this the man that was caught in Sicily during a Carabinieri raid that also netted actual typed out pages detailing "The 10 Commandments of The Mafia" - as the media dubbed. BTW - there was a documentary on NatGeo channel a couple of years ago about those "commandments" that is very good. I think it was a 2 hour thing.
here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8eGXOllsU

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8eGXOllsU

That's the one. Nice job, FF.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 04:59 PM

Well, he was on "the run" for 43 years, pretty much in his same town the whole time, in Corleone. His wife and family would bring things to him and finally was tracked down that way. He was responsible for masterminding and carrying out the murders of justices, Borsellino and Falcone, along with Riina.
He's serving life sentences, convicted in absentia, under article 41-bis, meaning he will be in isolation for the rest of his life in prison. He's supposedly suffering from colon cancer and his son, Angelo, is trying to get him out of isolation and moved to where he can get better care.
As i posted in the vid above, Provenzano's recent plea of suffering from dementia, has been denied.
Provenzano would get better care and be taken out of isolation, if he will speak, but he won't, and never will.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:08 PM

That raid you're thinking of was of Lo Piccolo.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:09 PM

C - was he the one they caught with the "Commandments"? Or am I thinking about another guy they caught after decades on the run?

Edit - just found it... Salvatore Lo Piccolo was the guy the caught with the typed out pages.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:17 PM

Thanks, C - question for you - when I was over there, it was explained to me that when a young man graduates prep school, he must either: enroll in university, enlist in one of Italy's armed forces or serve as a Carabinieri for at least a year. Is/was this true and does it still exist as such? Just curious...
(Apologies to Mooney for off topic question but I was always interested about Carabinieri)

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:20 PM

Thanks, C - question for you - when I was over there, it was explained to me that when a young man graduates prep school, he must either: enroll in university, enlist in one of Italy's armed forces or serve as a Carabinieri for at least a year. Is/was this true and does it still exist as such? Just curious...

That's right. If you weren't continuing your schooling, you had to give 1 year to the military.

They did away with this several years ago now.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:23 PM

Thanks. As a US service member over in Italy, I saw the Carabinieri in action many times. I was not one of them but many guys could not handle their alcohol and tested the Carabinieri. It did not turn out well for "GI Joe" - let me tell you! lol

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:23 PM

And because my husband was just a permanent US resident, not a citizen, when my kids were born, they automatically have duel citizenship with Italy now. That also meant that if/when my son went to Italy as an adult, they'd have expected him to serve and could have even detained him upon entering the country. So, I'm glad they did away with it, for my own selfish reasons.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:24 PM

Thanks. As a US service member over in Italy, I saw the Carabinieri in action many times. I was not one of them but many guys could not handle their alcohol and tested the Carabinieri. It did not turn out well for "GI Joe" - let me tell you! lol

grin I bet.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:25 PM

Wow, that's something! I did not know that. Good for you & your son! wink
Posted By: Salvatore_Tessio

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nscewcIj8M

For everyone that hasn´t seen it, the best mafia documentary on youtube.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

grin I bet.

smile I was told that those clubs they carry were not just for show! One of the guys had a goose egg on his head for 3 days after getting liquored up and cutting a bunch of businesses' awnings in a piazza one night. Unfortunately for him, the Polizia got there before the Navy shore patrol... whistle

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Salvatore_Tessio

Thanks, Sally! Good to have you here... Welcome tooda Fam-lee!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:35 PM

Thanks, Sally! Good to have you here... Welcome tooda Fam-lee!

Thanks. And remember, Tessio was always smarter.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:37 PM

smile Indeed.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:42 PM

Welcome tooda Fam-lee!

You need some new material, Mark tongue lol.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Welcome tooda Fam-lee!

wink Indeed.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:52 PM

I don't believe I ever got a Welcome tooda Fam-lee!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Welcome tooda Fam-lee!

Pizzaboy - you're my brother from Brooklyn and I love you but don't ever take sides against Mark ever again. wink

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/19/12 06:05 PM

I've seen this before and I still have one question which nobody ever answered for me. I asked it on RD forum. I don't ask many questions, but I had wanted to know the answer to this, but nobody seemed to be able to, or they blew me off, or whatever. So, I'll give it another shot...

In Part 4, around 8:00, the narrator says something like, "Provenzano's wife and sons remained in Corleone after his arrest, as it is under Italian law, it is not a crime for immediate family to be in contact with a mafia fugitive." This was after it was found out that his wife had been bringing him fresh laundry, etc.

I just don't understand this. It has always been to my understanding that ANYONE with contact to a fugitive, no matter who it was, was arrested. I mean I know for fact they ARE arrested, so how can what the narrator said be true?

Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/20/12 10:01 PM

Thank you for your service Mark. I'm a university student out here in beautiful Orange County at a small Christian college. I'm enrolling in ROTC for this upcoming fall at a neighboring Cal State. What branch were you?

I plan on enlisting in the Marines as soon as I get my diploma. Than the MECOP route to get into OCS Quantico. I don't want to go straight into OCS as the waiting and vetting process for a civilian is quite too long for my patience, and by golly I just wanna be a Marine! (I'm not going career, do my 4 years, get in, get out; then hit law school)

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/20/12 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas

Thank you for your service Mark. I'm a university student out here in beautiful Orange County at a small Christian college. I'm enrolling in ROTC for this upcoming fall at a neighboring Cal State. What branch were you?

I plan on enlisting in the Marines as soon as I get my diploma. Than the MECOP route to get into OCS Quantico. I don't want to go straight into OCS as the waiting and vetting process for a civilian is quite too long for my patience, and by golly I just wanna be a Marine! (I'm not going career, do my 4 years, get in, get out; then hit law school)

Thanks, Nicholas (that's my son's name as well). I was in the Navy from 1983-1989. Congratulations and I am impressed by your ambition and opportunities. My son went to college also and then enlisted in the Navy as an Internal Communications Technician. He has a top secret security clearance and can do ANYTHING with a computer. He is currently stationed in Norfolk, Virginia's version of the "Pentagon" for all Naval ship operations & communications. As I'm sure you parents are proud of you, be sure we are over the moon as far as our Nick's accomplishments. Be smart, alert and don't listen to negative influences that you will encounter in the service. Only YOU know what is good for YOU - never forget that! I regret not making a career out of it and I blame youth, stupidity and the ignorance of my brain listening to bitter people trash the Navy and dragging me down to their pathetic level. Take all the advantages of travel and the experiences you will encounter - it lasts a life time. Sorry to blab on but I wished somebody would have talked sense to me when I was younger.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/20/12 10:40 PM

Mi dispiace, cara Carmela... (hug, hug, pat on the back & a kiss on each cheek) "Benvenuti nella nostra famiglia!" grin
(Sorry - I didn't see this post until today!)

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 03/21/12 02:01 AM

Mi dispiace, cara Carmela... (hug, hug, pat on the back & a kiss on each cheek) "Benvenuti nella nostra famiglia!" grin
(Sorry - I didn't see this post until today!)

Why thank you Mark, it's good to be here. grin

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 12:34 PM

Provenzano attempts suicide early thursday morning. Although, many people will realize it was a message, being that he's in lockdown for life under article 41, and is allowed only one hour communication per month with anyone and even that is behind glass. This would be a way to send a message.
If he wanted to kill himself, he could have done it where there are less cameras around. Anyway... only article I found in english:

http://news-12.com/the-former-head-of-the-sicilian-mafia-attempts-suicide-in-jail/

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 12:48 PM

Thanks Carmela.

Please post additional info if you find any. It would be interesting to know what the italian media makes of it.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 01:02 PM

Salvatore: Here is the original article where I read it, but it's in Italian. Pretty much the media believes it was a ploy of some kind, as he did it almost in front of the guard. He could have gone to the bathroom where there is a lot less surveilance. Also, they wonder where he got a plastic bag from.
Media is guessing it's more than likely a message to the outside, or even that he was causing diversion and putting off a head/brain evaluation he was set to undergo, to determine the validity (again) of the dementia his sons keep saying their father is suffering from. No matter, nobody is truly believing Provenzano would attempt suicide. If I come across anything more later on, I'll post it.

Article from antimafia duemila:

http://www.antimafiaduemila.com/20120511...o-suicidio.html

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 01:14 PM

Thank you.

Do you speak italian?

If you do (and read italian newspapers) I would like to know if there is any recent news or discussions about Matteo Messina Denaro.

The only material I've find on him is short press items.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 01:31 PM

Thank you.

Do you speak italian?

If you do (and read italian newspapers) I would like to know if there is any recent news or discussions about Matteo Messina Denaro.

The only material I've find on him is short press items.

I read Italian, but i can only speak sicilian dialect, not proper. Anyway, there is nothing recent on him. It's likely he's in or around Sicily, though. He was in touch with one of the last sicilian bosses to get picked up, back in 2010, in Sicily, I heard.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 01:53 PM

Thanks.

Let us know if you find anything interesting in the sicilian media in the future.

addio
Posted By: ciccogol

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 10:07 PM

Salvatore, if you are interested, then there are 1 or 2 recent articles in the (mainstream) Italian media concerning Messina Denaro, but they are short in nature without much detail, which is what such a man prefers. This one is from may 2012 and I apologize for such a small contribution, it's probably not even worth a post, but..

http://www.hercole.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32386&Itemid=111

The anti-mafia prosecutor believes that he is in Sicily (well of course...) but he alleges that he is not the boss of Cosa Nostra, as many believe - he also says that there is in fact no current boss because they are all in jail and that although CN have tried to reorganize twice already, they (authorities) have been quick to beat them back down.

It sounds doubtful to me but peronally, I don't know too much about the condition of Sicilian mafia (I keep an eye more on the Camorra) so someone else can probably verify to what extent this is true.
In my opinion, Messina Denaro is somewhere in Trapani, maybe the countryside, maybe in a town. Obviously he's there though.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: ciccogol
Salvatore, if you are interested, then there are 1 or 2 recent articles in the (mainstream) Italian media concerning Messina Denaro, but they are short in nature without much detail, which is what such a man prefers. This one is from may 2012

http://www.hercole.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32386&Itemid=111

The anti-mafia prosecutor believes that he is in Sicily (well of course...) but he alleges that he is not the boss of Cosa Nostra, as many believe - he also says that there is in fact no current boss because they are all in jail and that although CN have tried to reorganize twice already, they (authorities) have been quick to beat them back down.

It sounds doubtful to me but peronally, I don't know too much about the condition of Sicilian mafia (I keep an eye more on the Camorra) so someone else can probably verify to what extent this is true.
In my opinion, Messina Denaro is somewhere very near Trapani.

This article, while new, is not new news. Any articles around about MMD are nothing more than recycled info. On the run since 1993, nearly 50 years old, killed enough men to fill a cemetery, blah blah BLAH.

No, he's not the boss of bosses. He will never be, even though he is constantly called such. He isn't from Palermo, he can never be boss of bosses.

He's in and around, between Italy mainland and Sicily. At this point, if he would make a move out of the country, he'll be caught.

Cosa Nostra are re-grouping. It's not like the media makes it seem as though everytime they try and re-organize, govt beat them back down. The young generations of Cosa Nostra and Stidda are aligning, there's still plenty going on down there. Unless you're there to see it for yourself, you'd have no idea. The news doesn't even begin to touch on what happens down there daily. And the rest that they do publish, is highly sensationalized.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 10:43 PM

@Carmela: Though Cosa Nostra in Sicily is really powerful,they control everything down there, + a lot of international contacts etc. So why they need re-grouping? With Stidda yes,they can make more money etc but u do think something like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Old_Bridge

This is happening again.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/11/12 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax
@Carmela: Though Cosa Nostra in Sicily is really powerful,they control everything down there, + a lot of international contacts etc. So why they need re-grouping? With Stidda yes,they can make more money etc but u do think something like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Old_Bridge

This is happening again.

They need regrouping because nearly every boss has been jailed for life. And when I say boss over there, it's like 40-50 year old men. Not old guys like here. So, it's up to really younger guys, in teens, 20's, and 30's to take over, and since the anti-mafia movement Forza Italia went into effect, guys are arrested in huge sweeps. It's not as easy as it was, that's all. The whole organization has taken major blows.

Sure, an operation such as Old Bridge is definitely possible. A couple operations similar to this one have been shot down in the last couple years, though. But there are many guys over here in the US working for mafia back home. Getting in and out of the US for them isn't as easy as it once was though, especially for non US citizens.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/13/12 02:27 PM

Do you know what assets the government have acquired from Provenzano since his arrest?

I think they seized one of Riinas villas and turned it into a daycare center or something but I haven't heard much about Provenzanos wealth and whats happened to it.

Do anyone know what his sons are up to these days? I read that they had trouble getting jobs a couple of years ago because of their last names but besides their participation in ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nscewcIj8M ) I cant find any info on them.

I also read a couple of years ago that Riinas son Geovanni was sentenced to life for three murders but when I googled him I saw he was released in 2011. Does anyone know what happened there?
Posted By: m2w

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/13/12 03:27 PM

giovanni riina is still in prison
you probably read about the other son giuseppe riina who was released from prison
Posted By: short841

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/13/12 04:27 PM

Off topic but how do you pronounce Guiseppe? :L

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/13/12 05:06 PM

Yes it was Giuseppe that was released. And short... Giuseppe is pronounced like Jew se pe. Gi in Italian is pronounced like an American J. smile

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 05/14/12 08:18 PM

Thanks

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 12/06/12 01:54 PM

And again....

http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_o...s-a-tumble.html

Superboss Bernardo Provenzano Takes A Tumble

Bernardo Provenzano, the one-time boss of bosses over the Sicilian Mafia who was apprehended in 2006, apparently had a fall in his prison cell, and has been admitted to the hospital for a 15-day period of observation as reported by AGI.

He probably just broke a nail.

This is the second trip to the hospital for the former mob boss in recent days.

Last week Provenzano was taken to the emergency room for a battery of tests after his defense lawyer claimed the 79-year-old was unfit to participate in a preliminary hearing concerning the alleged negotiations during the early 1990s between officials and mobsters for an end to the Mafia's stragismo -- strategy of terror -- against the state as reported by ANSA.

Malingering is a common tactic among mobsters, and Provenzano has a history as a drama queen.

Earlier this year Provenzano purportedly attempted to suffocate himself with a plastic bag in his jail cell but officials suspected it was a ploy to avoid appearing at multiple ongoing Mafia trials as reported by Nick Pisa for The Telegraph:
Medical staff who arrived at the scene at the prison in Parma said there was no need for the Mafia kingpin to be taken to hospital and there were no consequences for his health as a result of the attempt. Prison chiefs claim that the suicide bid had been part of a plot for Provenzano, who has had treatment for prostate cancer, to pass himself off as insane.

Mobsters will concoct all sorts of creative ruses to avoid accepting responsibility for their actions.
Posted By: gamms

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 12/06/12 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: short841

lol!
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 12/06/12 11:39 PM

carmela can u plz send me the mateo stuff even though it in italiam i speak good italian an can read it to....

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 12/06/12 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: sitonmyface11
Originally Posted By: short841

lol!

"Joseph" wink

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:33 AM

http://www.sicilianews24.it/

Provenzano remains in coma in hospital after brain hemorrhage. Now judges fear he may never talk (rat).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia, Provenzano: ''Ridotte capacita' di intendere''

di redazione
Palermo, 5 Gen. - ''Bernardo Provenzano ha ridottissimi contenuti di coscienza e responsività all'ambiente, nonchè scarse capacità di esprimersi e di comprendere ed eseguire ordini elementari".
E' quanto si legge nella relazione sulla perizia compiuta dallo psichiatra Renato Ariatti e dal neurologo Andrea Stracciari su incarico di Piergiorgio Morosini, il gup chiamato peraltro a decidere sul rinvio a giudizio del detenuto eccellente nell'ambito del procedimento sulla trattativa Stato-Mafia.

Risultanze che rafforzano la richiesta dei difensori di stralciare la posizione del vecchio e malandato padrino. La Procura adesso vuole vederci chiaro per capire se vi sia stato un tentativo di neutralizzare un boss che avrebbe potuto fare rivelazioni clamorose. Prima della serie di presunti infortuni che lo hanno interessato in cella, il boss avrebbe pronunciato davanti al figlio la frase "Qui mi vogliono morto".
Sulla vicenda indaga la procura che ha aperto un fascicolo ''modello 45'', senza, dunque, un reato individuato, con l'intenzione di verificare anche chi lo abbia visitato in carcere e perché. Dopo il presunto suicidio del 9 maggio, ben tre volte sarebbe caduto in cella: il 27 giugno, il 29 novembre e il 12 dicembre. Cinque giorni dopo è stato operato d'urgenza per rimuovere un ematoma subdurale e da allora è in coma nel reparto di Lungodegenza dell'ospedale di Parma. Una serie di sfortunati eventi o qualcuno vuol far tacere per sempre il capomafia che i magistrati hanno tentato più volte di far collaborare.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:38 AM

Old News

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Old News

The article is from today. Is old for you? Know what you're talking about before you post.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:48 AM

Old News

The article is from today. Is old for you? Know what you're talking about before you post.

Binnu has been in a coma since the begining of December, posting in Italian gets you no points! Its old news! Its been over a month since his "i wont talk bad about people" speech!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:50 AM

Old News

Binnu has been in a coma since the begining of December, posting in Italian gets you no points! Its old news! Its been over a month since his "i wont talk bad about people" speech!

Mid December, and I'm not looking for points, I only read Italian papers, b/c that's all I know about. This article I put up is from TODAY.

So according to you, anything you post on that fat bastard Tony Salerno is OLD NEWS...ya know...seeing that the bastard is DEAD!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:53 AM

Bastard! Since mid December like I said! Old news! How do you know about Binnu? It doesnt count if you knkw people that know him! Where is your sourced information?

Fat Tony Rules!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:54 AM

Bastard! Since mid December like I said! Old news! How do you know about Binnu? It doesnt count if you knkw people that know him! Where is your sourced information?

Fat Tony Rules!

Article is from TODAY! Uh, my sourced info? I posted the link to the article. Done.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 02:56 AM

Fat Tony Rules!

Article is from TODAY! Done.

You and your article are old! This came out early December! Fat Tony rulez! Done!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:00 AM

Fat Tony Rules!

Article is from TODAY! Done.

You and your article are old! This came out early December! Fat Tony rulez! Done!

That's fine. I was just trying to post in a thread that I knew was an on-going conversation on this for whoever was interested, in case they hadn't seen the current situation. I won't bother anymore.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:03 AM

No rumbre icoiune! Sulu rumbre u tu rumbre

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:08 AM

I'm not in a fighting mood, so have at it. You win.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:11 AM

No ego here! Don't need a win! You can have it! Early december in the computer age is new!
Posted By: tommykarate

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:27 AM

Carm do you know anything about la stidda always bn interested in em.in the book men of dishonor its said there was a war with la stidda and the mafia and hundreds killed.true? Do they fight more often then work together? And was riina and provenzano being the b.o.b just a 1time thing.u say they gotta be from Palermo n I've read that to but they managed to do it. Thru fear and brutality. And some smarts im sure

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: tommykarate
Carm do you know anything about la stidda always bn interested in em.in the book men of dishonor its said there was a war with la stidda and the mafia and hundreds killed.true? Do they fight more often then work together? And was riina and provenzano being the b.o.b just a 1time thing.u say they gotta be from Palermo n I've read that to but they managed to do it. Thru fear and brutality. And some smarts im sure

Both Riina and Provenzano are from Palermo.

Stidda was the reason for the wars in the 80's and 90's. They were cast-offs of Cosa Nostra, didn't want to follow the rules, etc. They wanted to take over. Hundreds were killed during those wars, true.

But today, Stidda has basically been absorbed into Cosa Nostra and they have, and do, work together now. They have no choice anymore. They needed to regroup under Matteo Messina-Denaro and they do work together and have been inter-marrying lately too. They don't fight anymore with one another. One of the later busts was Operation Hardom where Stidda and Cosa Nostra alike were arrested in a big drug bust, working together.

Today, the media calls Messina Denaro boss of bosses but technically he isn't. He controls Trapani and Agrigento.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:50 AM

Stidda was the reason for the wars in the 80's and 90's. They were cast-offs of Cosa Nostra, didn't want to follow the rules, etc. They wanted to take over. Hundreds were killed during those wars, true.

But today, Stidda has basically been absorbed into Cosa Nostra and they have, and do, work together now. They have no choice anymore. They needed to regroup under Matteo Messina-Denaro and they do work together and have been inter-marrying lately too. They don't fight anymore with one another. One of the later busts was Operation Hardom where Stidda and Cosa Nostra alike were arrested in a big drug bust, working together.

Today, the media calls Messina Denaro boss of bosses but technically he isn't. He controls Trapani and Agrigento.

Riina and Provenzano are from Corleone! There 1000% Corloenesi! Not even a debate!
Matteo Messina Denaro is the Boss of the island!

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 03:52 AM

Riina and Provenzano are from Corleone! There 1000% Corloenesi! Not even a debate!
Matteo Messina Denaro is the Boss of the island!

Uhhh, Yeah. And Corleone is in Palermo!

MMD is the boss of the island but under the official commission cannot be recognized as Boss of Bosses.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 04:29 AM

Dont even reply to his posts carmela he come on he to act like an ass-hole so... everybody needs a hobbie.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
Dont even reply to his posts carmela he come on he to act like an ass-hole so... everybody needs a hobbie.

Not at asshole when I know I'm correct! Corleone is a town in the Province of Palermo! Being an asshole is you, trolling around looking for comments and not adding a single thread if information.
Posted By: SC

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 04:35 AM

Stop this already. It's getting way too childish. Just stop it!
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 04:39 AM

Corleone is a town in the Province of Palermo and then there's Palermo the city which is also the capital of the Province of Palermo and also the entire region of Sicily. I may be wrong but thats the way i always understood it.

Is that correct?
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 04:44 AM

lol lol lol

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 01/06/13 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Corleone is a town in the Province of Palermo and then there's Palermo the city which is also the capital of the Province of Palermo and also the entire region of Sicily. I may be wrong but thats the way i always understood it.

Is that correct?

That's correct.

Palermo, the city, is the capital of Palermo... and Palermo, the Province, is the capital of Sicily.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 02/20/13 05:09 PM

http://www.sicilianews24.it/cronaca/5973...a-in-cella.html

The boss is back in jail.

Palermo, 20 Feb. - Physically getting better, Provenzano can leave the hospital and return to prison, but his mental condition remains serious. After weeks spent recovering in a hospital in Parma, after brain surgery, it was decided he was able to return to prison. He should be moved back to his cell later today.

Re: Bernardo Provenzano wants early release... - 02/20/13 05:12 PM

http://www.sicilianews24.it/cronaca/5973...a-in-cella.html

The boss is back in jail.

Palermo, 20 Feb. - Physically getting better, Provenzano can leave the hospital and return to prison, but his mental condition remains serious. After weeks spent recovering in a hospital in Parma, after brain surgery, it was decided he was able to return to prison. He should be moved back to his cell later today.

Let the poor old man go home! He was a simple wheat farmer, why are they bothering him?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET