Home

books about the mafia

Posted By: Mukremin

books about the mafia - 10/28/10 08:55 AM

Hello, i first checked if these books were reviewed in the topic. But i couldnt find anything about it so i made a new topic. I plan to buy the following books:
Underboss by Peter Maas
Gotti by Gene Mustain & Jerry Capeci
The Butcher Philip Carlo

are these books worht reading? i mean its wonderful to get them for my personal library but are there any new stuff in them. The Butcher may be a different book, but i am more concerned about the first 2 books. But i dont like Sammy, so i am not sure to buy and read it.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: books about the mafia - 10/28/10 09:22 AM

I would guess all three books have been reviewed around here at some point.
I reviewed the Carlo book here

I've read all three and the Mustain-Capeci book is the best.
Posted By: SC

Re: books about the mafia - 10/28/10 09:42 AM

Check out the "Mafia Books" in the Real Life forum. It is a "thumb-tacked" thread (meaning it is on the top of the forum's list). All these books have been reviewed.

Re: books about the mafia - 10/28/10 11:07 PM

i know that topic, i also looked in it but i could not find the 2 other books, i did find the butchet. ill look into it again, thanks.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: books about the mafia - 10/29/10 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
But i dont like Sammy, so i am not sure to buy and read it.

Virtually every mob book ever written comes from the point of view of at least one informant. So if you don't want to read Sammy's book for that reason, you're not likely to find one that agrees with you.

Re: books about the mafia - 10/29/10 08:30 PM

well i would like to read it, to see it from his side. And maybe learn something new, but most books that write about the mafia have the same information.

Re: books about the mafia - 10/30/10 08:56 PM

oh boy, i just recieved blood and honor, and the last gangster. i havent read them yet, but looked at the pictures. oh my god grin both are wonderfull books, not hard to read.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET