Posted By: Don Dallal

Pinky Rings... !? - 07/15/09 12:19 AM

it has been so long since i last posted,,,
i just wanted to know..
why do mafia members .,,
were PINKY RINGS????
Posted By: DiMaggio68

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/15/09 12:30 AM

So people below em could kiss em.........

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/15/09 01:06 AM

I can't believe that these Black Rap stars are trying to copy the wiseguys now, like wearing the pinky rings and black leather jackets. What about the rap group called the Gambino Family? I don't know why they were not blown away yet for stealing the real mafia family's name. Another fugazi is that rapper Gotti, who is a Puerto Rican that changed his name to Gotti. He has a tv show called Gotti's way. They are trying to be like us Italianos.

Fuckin wannabes!!!!

Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/19/09 02:03 AM

yeah, bastards, I understand! But seriously, I gotta find my frickin pinky ring! I fell asleep on the recliner in the living room, and lost it down in there somewhere. HAHA!
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/20/09 01:01 AM

thnx 4 the posts but still i have no answer ...

why do (ITALIAN-american) mafia members wear pinky rings ????
Posted By: Mark

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/21/09 12:40 AM

Just a guess but I think it is similar to Catholics kissing the Pope's ring and pledging their faith and devotion. Original Sicilian Mafiosi kissed the rings of the old "Mustache Petes" to signify their respect and commitment. Like I said - it's just a guess.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/21/09 04:09 AM

Most men, if they wear rings, wear them on the fourth finger of the left hand. It became a style--a distinguishing feature--for Mafiosi and would-be Mafiosi to wear a ring on the pinky. Sort of communicating, "I'm connected." rolleyes
Posted By: Mark

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/21/09 11:02 AM

"A friend of ours"...
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/21/09 07:56 PM

I know Cardi wears pinky rings. Is there any anybody else on here who wears them?

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/25/09 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
"A friend of ours"...

"Good-Fella" - BTW: I found my Pinky Ring, LOL tongue

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/25/09 06:12 PM

The truth is I was just MEAN TO wear a pinky ring!
I got a class ring when I was in HS, Now it only fits on my PINKY! haha, just how it happened! Works out great!

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/26/09 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Tru_Bizelli
I got a class ring when I was in HS, Now it only fits on my PINKY! haha, just how it happened! Works out great!

Are u sure your not trying to be a Mafioso............

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/26/09 01:00 PM

yeah, bastards, I understand! But seriously, I gotta find my frickin pinky ring! I fell asleep on the recliner in the living room, and lost it down in there somewhere. HAHA!

Yep! Even the rap chick Little Kim called her self Little Kim Gotti. What a Fugazi.
Posted By: DonZito

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/26/09 08:18 PM

Sammy Gravano said that the pinky rings thing was all crap and never existed.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/29/09 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DonZito

... Pinky rings never existed? confused
Posted By: Blackie

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/24/09 06:24 AM

I wear a celtic pinky ring its a signet a kind of symbolic thing and its on the left hand so i am pretty sure its not gay

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/24/09 07:22 PM

my ring has an emerald stone set in it with a little shamrock carved inside
Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/24/09 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DiMaggio68
I can't believe that these Black Rap stars are trying to copy the wiseguys now, like wearing the pinky rings and black leather jackets. What about the rap group called the Gambino Family? I don't know why they were not blown away yet for stealing the real mafia family's name. Another fugazi is that rapper Gotti, who is a Puerto Rican that changed his name to Gotti. He has a tv show called Gotti's way. They are trying to be like us Italianos.

Fuckin wannabes!!!!

DiMaggio68, I'm all with you on this one. I get pissed off every day seeing these people who aren't even Italian try to act like they're Italian, even Wiseguy slang is starting to be used by other ethnic groups. Black rappers are even trying to call themselves Mafiosi these days. I get really pissed off at this, I'm thinking maybe I should try to get a petition associated with the NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) and say that these people are making us Italians look bad.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/24/09 10:10 PM

u italians are sumthin else because u guys stick together with the irish its every leperchaun for hisself i mean other than drinking together

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/25/09 06:01 AM

Yeah all us paisans do stick together, maybe it's because of all the shit our ancestors had to go through.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/25/09 02:32 PM

my ancestors rarely stuck together every shamrock for himself

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/25/09 06:35 PM

Oh.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/28/09 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Santino Brasi
Originally Posted By: DonZito

... Pinky rings never existed? confused

That's strange........

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/29/09 02:29 AM

I don't think that's true.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/27/10 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Italian_Mafia_Boss

Fuckin wannabes!!!!

DiMaggio68, I'm all with you on this one. I get pissed off every day seeing these people who aren't even Italian try to act like they're Italian, even Wiseguy slang is starting to be used by other ethnic groups. Black rappers are even trying to call themselves Mafiosi these days. I get really pissed off at this, I'm thinking maybe I should try to get a petition associated with the NIAF (National Italian American Foundation) and say that these people are making us Italians look bad.

I totally frickin agree. I'm really not racist, but when it comes to somebody making me and my heritage look bad, you can shove it. There isn't anybody here TRYING to be a mafiosi unless its you Blackie. My family genuinely came over here in 1907. Oh yeah, FROM ITALY!

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/27/10 06:14 AM

Nah, I am what I am.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 07/29/10 09:55 PM

Where do you get pinky rings nowadays? I can't find them anywhere.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 08/29/10 03:32 PM

You're kiddin' me right?
BTW: pinky rings aren't even a mafia thing. its an Italian thing. ;-)

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 09/02/10 08:56 PM

Not really I can't find them.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 09/04/10 04:07 AM

Not really I can't find them.

1. you can find them at the mob stores listed in the left navigation on this website.
2. if all else fails just have your pinkie "sized" ... and get a ring that fits it.

My first pinkie ring and the one I have on now is my old class ring. I just grew out of it. ;-)

I lost a really nice slender one somewhere in my apt. and I cannot find it for the life of me. It slipped off of my finger when I was sleep walking. LOL!
Posted By: tattoo_mafia

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 11/27/10 03:41 AM

you can either get a jeweler to make one for you or have a ring sized for your finger..i have 3 different ones but i dont wear them everyday. i only wear them when i go out..i'm a tattoo artist and it is a hassle to wear one with gloves on, especially one that has big stones in it like my favorite one has in it

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/24/19 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Italian_Mafia_Boss
Originally Posted by DiMaggio68

Fuckin wannabes!!!!

EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE ITALIAN! grin
Only some of us are blessed ;-)

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/24/19 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by DiMaggio68
Originally Posted by Tru_Bizelli

No!
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/24/19 02:52 PM

Carmine Galante was visibly wearing a pinky ring in the crime scene photos taken after his death.
Posted By: Galassi70

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/25/19 12:53 AM

Kinda curious you never will see a Italian American wearing jeans hanging off his backside or tattoos on his neck or wearing a "grill" in his mouth
The whole culture that associates with rap has always been more about perception than reality
Rappers have been adapting from other cultures for years
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/25/19 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Galassi70
Kinda curious you never will see a Italian American wearing jeans hanging off his backside or tattoos on his neck or wearing a "grill" in his mouth
The whole culture that associates with rap has always been more about perception than reality

Must disagree with this. Musicians in particular and people in general adapt and adopt from everyone. Without adaptation and cross cultural sharing there is no rock-n-roll, no pop, no nothing. It's a cliche but America really is a melting pot. Heck the world is. Eric Clapton's favorite music and one from which he has earned millions is not indigenous to the UK. Should he be restricted from playing blues? Should Black Americans be upset that Italian-Americans Louie Prima , Tony Bennett, and Steven Tyler copied from and/or were influenced by Black musicians or styles?

And as far as Italian-Americans never wearing grills, apparently someone forgot to tell Vinnie Paz.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blackmobs

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/25/19 06:04 PM

Well there’s alot of italian american that dress like black guys.
Like there’s black guys that act like italians. Go to Italy and you’ll see alot of italians teens and young adults that dress like black people or arab people from the Cité of Paris or Marseille. Also, there’s alot of italian that are rapping.
So saying that uou don’t see italians that tried to “act black” is kind of full of nothing.

Also, yes hip hop or gangster rap or street gangs emulate the italian mafia, because they grew up with mafia movies. They all like the Godfather movies.
They also emulate western movies, because they grew up watching those movies.

Also, when we talk about organized crime and ”crime culture”, the italian mob is the most well know, they are like the exemple of organized crime
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/25/19 07:15 PM

Funny things is that Scarface is a movie, that is often cited as a movie that is emulated in various cultures, and Al Pacino is a Sicilian, Corleonese if I’m correct.

Very cool discussion!

What about Frank & Dino, are they still loved by wiseguys now a days?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/28/19 01:38 AM

The grill is a bad luck on any culture lol.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/29/19 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaboy
The grill is a bad luck on any culture lol.

You’d be surprised PB. Some rappers can actually pull it off lol.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 12/29/19 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lilo

Must disagree with this. Musicians in particular and people in general adapt and adopt from everyone. Without adaptation and cross cultural sharing there is no rock-n-roll, no pop, no nothing. It's a cliche but America really is a melting pot. Heck the world is. Eric Clapton's favorite music and one from which he has earned millions is not indigenous to the UK. Should he be restricted from playing blues? Should Black Americans be upset that Italian-Americans Louie Prima , Tony Bennett, and Steven Tyler copied from and/or were influenced by Black musicians or styles?

And as far as Italian-Americans never wearing grills, apparently someone forgot to tell Vinnie Paz.

[Linked Image]

Well said. Everybody takes from everybody in music culture. It’s just entertainment. It’s like when Al D’Arco slighted De Niro in his book for coming in one of his restaurants and studying some of the mob guys who came in by watching them from time to time. He’s an actor, what does he expect? I don’t think there’s any need to be mad at rappers for relating to Italian american mob culture that they either saw on tv or in real life from time to time growing up.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 01/06/20 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lilo

[Linked Image]

yea, you're right about this & it's a shame.
I admit when I was a teen and stupid, I wore baggy jeans that would fall off my butt, but now I'm totally opposed to it.
Grills aren't my thing either. I prefer a more "toned down" classic look. I would never wear jeans off my butt nowadays. I find it very disrespectful.

Re: Pinky Rings... !? - 05/27/21 05:10 AM

Hey everyone, long time, no chat! Just wanted to chime in. I noticed Rudy Giuliani wearing a pinky ring in his recent videos.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET