Home

What's going to happen when Joe Merlino gets out

Posted By: jmack

What's going to happen when Joe Merlino gets out - 01/04/09 03:12 PM

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on what will happen in Philly when Merlino gets out in 2011
Posted By: Lompac

Re: What's going to happen when Joe Merlino gets out - 01/04/09 03:17 PM

I reckon he will be back to Capo, New York won't allow any trouble as they deem Ligamabi as the pinnacle of stability.

But if trouble does happen, the first thing Merlino will gripe about is the fact that his 2 administration leaders, Mazzone and Borgesi are 2 and 3 with Ligambi.

You never know, he might take Ligambi's two, Staino and Lancelotti and cause trouble.
Posted By: jmack

Re: What's going to happen when Joe Merlino gets out - 01/04/09 03:45 PM

Capo probably won't be good enough for him. He was making plans to be the boss when he was in his 20's in prison with Ralph Natale. I think the only reason Mazzone and Borgesi are with Ligambi now is because Merlino isn't on the street. Mazzone will be away for a while longer so there is no saying he won't be loyal to Merlino when he gets out. I think the wild card is Borgesi. He has been with Merlino since the beginning but Ligambi is his Uncle. Although blood doesn't necessarily mean much in Philly. As far as New York goes, they haven't had a say in what happens in Philly since the early 90's. With all the problems they have their with indictments I think they could care less who is running Philly. Besides, who says that Uncle Joe even wants the job after Merlino gets home. I think all signs point toward Merlino being the top man if he can stay alive and not get indicted.
Posted By: BDuff

Re: What's going to happen when Joe Merlino gets out - 01/14/09 03:37 AM

Merlino will have the feds so far up his ass once he is released he won't have a chance at starting a war. After Merlino was indicted there were wiretaps that picked up Borgesi, Lancelotti, and Lucibello all ripping Merlino and praising Ligambi.

"My uncle was right, Joey is a cancer, he'll bring us all down." - Borgesi

Mazzone was elevated to Underboss by Ligambi not Merlino. Ligambi was also a longtime friend of Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino, Joey's father and former Underboss for Scarfo. Joe and Joey were friends while on the street.

Don't forget the Genovese and Ligambi have joint operations in Newark and Atlantic City, you think the Genovese will let Merlino screw that up?

George Anastasia last said that Merlino was bumped down to Capo after Ligambi was recognized as Official Boss by New York.

Don't forget there are many Scarfo soldiers being released soon. Frank Narducci Jr, Joe Pungitore, Tory Scafidi, Joe Grande, and Charlie Iannece. Tony Pungitore, Joe Boccia, and Ralph Staino have already rejoined the family.

This is the strongest they've been since the mid 1980s!
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: What's going to happen when Joe Merlino gets out - 05/19/09 06:21 AM

it will be interesting so see what happens but i suspect that when merlino is released or when his release is very imminent he will be hit with some new charges or sumthing
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET