Home

Mickey Featherstone

Posted By: pizzaboy

Mickey Featherstone - 03/13/07 02:48 AM

I caught part of STATE OF GRACE over the weekend and it got me to pull out THE WESTIES by T.J. English, one of the best books ever written about the Irish mob.

It got me thinking, Mickey Featherstone is about the only high profile rat to keep himself out of trouble and not get booted from witness protection after agreeing to cooperate.

Guys like Henry Hill and Sammy Gravano have become major embarrassments for the government, yet I don't recall reading anything negative about Featherstone, and it's been almost 20 years.

I guess I have to give him credit for taking advantage of the second chance he was given and turning his life around.
Posted By: Unclelooney

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/13/07 02:18 PM

I saw him interviewd once.(Billy Beattie too)
I think Mickey was a house husband for awhile.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/13/07 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It got me thinking, Mickey Featherstone is about the only high profile rat to keep himself out of trouble and not get booted from witness protection after agreeing to cooperate.

It seems that way, PB. But if a high profile rat were truly successful in the Witness Protection Program, we wouldn't hear about him--it'd be part of his success.

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/14/07 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

It seems that way, PB. But if a high profile rat were truly successful in the Witness Protection Program, we wouldn't hear about him--it'd be part of his success.

That's just what I mean, TB. I can't recall hearing a peep out of Featherstone since the Westies trials of the late 80's.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/15/07 12:09 AM

The Westies is on my list to get, I'm making my way slowly through Paddy Whacked by T.J. English right now.

Maybe Featherstone died. That would explain it, and they aren't going to reveal his identity afterwards...

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/15/07 12:14 AM

I don't think so Longneck, according to Wikipedia he's been very succesful at leading an honest and quiet life, if you can believe that.

I've said it in other threads, THE WESTIES by T.J English is the best book I've ever read about the Irish mob, you'll love it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/16/07 07:31 PM

I agree...THE WESTIES is an excellent book!

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/16/07 07:53 PM

It's finally getting the big screen treatment after being on the shelf for 17 years.

It's filming under the title THE EMERALD CITY and it's slated for a 2008 release.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 03/16/07 09:26 PM

So his FBI handler gives us updates about him on Wikipedia? Anyone could have written that on an assumption about him because he hasn't been heard from. I'm not saying he was whacked, might have been natural.
Posted By: DonMega

Re: Mickey Featherstone - 02/09/13 01:10 AM

i doubt hes dead,tj english would have mentioned it
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET