Home

personal mob stories?

Posted By: Tom

personal mob stories? - 03/15/06 09:03 AM

Does anyone have any weird encounters with the mob or anything like that?

Theres this restaurant in San Francisco that I went to one time, forgot the name Im mad about that. So one day I go in with my friend and theres this long table with these guys sitting there all dressed in black-with guys standing behind them! When we opened the door everything was silent and all the guys were staring at us. I said to myself,"oh, shit!"(not like i was scared it was just surreal, ya know?cuz the first thing that came to mind was mafia)

So my friend and I are quickly seated and served. I noticed that these guys are getting served constantly with different food and wine, and they kept taking it back and getting more stuff. And the really bizarre thing was that every time someone walked in, all the guys would go silent and stare at whoever came in.
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/16/06 08:15 PM

Well, An italian guy stole my dads car one time, but that isnt really assosiated with Mafia.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/16/06 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
An italian guy stole my dads car on time
At least he wasn't late

Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/16/06 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
[quote]Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
[b] An italian guy stole my dads car on time
At least he wasn't late

[/b][/quote] I guess ive got to improve on my spelling
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/17/06 02:28 AM

I worked in Midnight Rose's candy store in Brownsville, Brooklyn, which was the headquarters of Murder Inc. in the Thirties and early Forties. However, by the time I worked there it was 1957, and neither I nor the owners knew its fabled past.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/17/06 09:31 PM

I've mentioned this in another thread...a couple of years ago, on St. Joseph's Day (March 19th) at a dinner at one of the neighborhood Italian social clubs, I sat at a table with Toni Giancana, the Mafia Princess. She was the guest (and long time friend) of the women with whom we were sharing the table.

Are any of the Chicago posters familiar with Fresh Meadows Golf Course? It's a public golf course on Cermak Road/22nd Street in the western suburbs? The wiseguys that could golf often played there.

Sam Giancana once made my dad buy a pair of golf shoes in their pro shop. Purely by coincidence, they happened to be in the pro shop at the same time. My dad had just finished and Sam was just arriving. And my dad says he wanted to be ANYWHERE but in that pro shop at that moment. Sam was a loose cannon, to say the least. My dad would always say, "I was lucky to get out of there with just a pair of golf shoes..."

Also, my signature at the bottom of my posts came from another great story from my dad about a long-ago encounter with someone who eventually achieved the same rank as Momo. But it's too long and involved to write about it. Someday, and that day may never come, we may cross paths and you can ask me in person to tell it.

tony b.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/17/06 09:57 PM

While in Chicago in 2004, I had the pleasure of having dinner and drinks with this former Gun Moll from the west coast mob. Here she is placing bets with her office back on the west coast. :

Don Cardi
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/17/06 11:28 PM

Looks like she was in a, um, tizzy...

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/19/06 02:09 AM

Did you mean "tis-sy?"

Where's the blue drinks?

I am so sorry I missed that weekend.

tony b.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/19/06 05:59 PM

Once I've sold my car to guys from Mafia.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: personal mob stories? - 03/19/06 10:09 PM

Well....maybe not a mafia story. But I was told that a cousin of mine, who is a cop, was the one who caught Mario Luis Vitete Sellannes AKA "Marito, the uruguayan" in an airport in Buenos Aires when he was coming from Uruguay.He is believed to be "the man in grey" and leader of the hit team in the bank robbery.
I don`t know if I have to believe my cousin did that.
Posted By: Tom

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/01/06 01:11 AM

When my old history teacher's uncle died, they found three guns in his apartment and learned that he was an undercover cop and helped put away Gotti.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/01/06 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
When my old history teacher's uncle died, they found three guns in his apartment and learned that he was an undercover cop and helped put away Gotti.
he deserves to die putting john gotti away
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/01/06 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GottiMafia:
[quote]Originally posted by Tom:
[b] When my old history teacher's uncle died, they found three guns in his apartment and learned that he was an undercover cop and helped put away Gotti.
he deserves to die putting john gotti away [/b][/quote]You got that right. Damn undercover cop putting his life on the line day in and day out for a laughable salary all so that law abiding citizens can be safe. how dare he do anything to John Gotti :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/01/06 03:44 PM

Yeah. And who on earth would want to put John Gotti in jail; he was just a murdering greedy bastard. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/05/06 12:22 PM

My dad was in Italy. He was at dinner with an Italian customer of his. The Italian guy had a top of the range BMW...during dinner it was stolen.

My dad offered his commiserations. Apparently the Italian guy simply said "no problem, let's take a taxi". He then phoned someone whilst in the taxi. His BMW was returned to his house the next day.

My dad reckons it was mafia....though there is no evidence of this.
Posted By: MafiaJ

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/06/06 12:27 AM

Mafia stories hmm, Oh Yeaa, I kinda got threatened by a guy from Sicily who is in the mob, and he kinda threatened my life, but you know, that just happens everyday. It was a very awkward situation.
Posted By: FortunatoParadise

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/07/06 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
How you know they were friend of ours?

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/07/06 04:14 AM

Quote:
[b] When my old history teacher's uncle died, they found three guns in his apartment and learned that he was an undercover cop and helped put away Gotti.
he deserves to die putting john gotti away [/b][/quote]I back ya up on this idea! John was the last one of the Age Of Empires, he was a true boss

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/07/06 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MafiaJ:
Mafia stories hmm, Oh Yeaa, I kinda got threatened by a guy from Sicily who is in the mob, and he kinda threatened my life, but you know, that just happens everyday. It was a very awkward situation.
The same that I sayed to JustMe, how do you know he was in the books?

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/07/06 04:24 AM

Now, these are my top five close encounters from the LCN kind:
-I once saw Paul Castellano on a restaurant, he was going out of the bathroom and I was going in, he smiled at me and I replied silently "Good day, Don Castellano", then he smiled again. So thrilling, that guy was a real genious!
-Once I saw Castellano next to Dellacroce and some guys on a street, they were on one of those building projects, I wanted to make contact, but I prefered to take a hold of myself, he was a Don.
-I also saw John Gotti next to Angelo Ruggiero hangin' around in Spring St. Goombahs
- When I was a child I used to sit and stare at them when they passed trow the neighborhood, once one of them gave me 25 cents to buy a candy, I will never forget that.
-I was outside the courthouse while they were judging Gotti. Snooping around

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/07/06 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MafiaJ:
Why don't I believe you?
Posted By: Mr.Gribbs

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/09/06 02:09 AM

I've met a couple of persons who are in the Calabrian and sicilian mafia.But the funny thing is,you would have never guessed it,these persons seemed really average,not like your stereotype Goombah.And another guy i know well is in jail in Sicily,he got busted with dope,he wasn't mafia,but the drugs belonged to the mafia.

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/09/06 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Gribbs:
I've met a couple of persons who are in the Calabrian and sicilian mafia.
Made?
They ate in your restaurant perhaps?
And how did you know they were in the Maffia, did they just tell you?

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/09/06 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FortunatoParadise:
[quote]Originally posted by JustMe:
[b] Once I've sold my car to guys from Mafia.
How you know they were friend of ours? [/b][/quote]It was pretty obvious, even though they didn't tell me they were.
Posted By: MafiaJ

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/09/06 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by MafiaJ:
[b] Mafia stories hmm, Oh Yeaa, I kinda got threatened by a guy from Sicily who is in the mob, and he kinda threatened my life, but you know, that just happens everyday. It was a very awkward situation.
Why don't I believe you? [/b][/quote]Because it is kind of hard to believe, but it did happen, I was very alert that whole week.

FortunatoParadise- He said he was the last ones in Sicily, I forgot his name, I think I have it somewhere, I'll edit this is I find it but he told me that because I think he thought I was in mob... it was a very awkward moment.
Posted By: Mr.Gribbs

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/10/06 12:08 AM

@ Enzo Scifo:I was told by relatives or colleagues who they were,i met the calabrian guy a long time ago,he was a good friend of my dad's best friend,i found out recently he is in the n'drangheta.And the Sicilian i met recently,some sicilians i know told me he is a man that should be feared,and i asked if he was just connected,or a real mafioso,and they told me he was a real mafioso.He also killed people,like i said,i would have never guessed,they seemed like bussinessmen,no way you would have guessed they were much worse.I was more surprised than impressed,but maybe that's the way they should be,low key.
Posted By: Franklin

Re: personal mob stories? - 04/12/06 11:50 PM

My familiy (grandpa, uncles) hat contact with narcos and there families in Cartago Valle Colombia. I donĀ“t know if that counts? But my my grandcousin? (cousin of my father) used to live next to a friendly old italian man in acacias meta colombia, this year this man: Renato Zappa was arrested as representante of the ndrangheta in colombia.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/02/06 11:44 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by FortunatoParadise:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by JustMe:
[b] Once I've sold my car to guys from Mafia.
How you know they were friend of ours? [/b][/quote]It was pretty obvious, even though they didn't tell me they were. [/b][/quote]What ya are doing there is stereotiping (???) the fellow Italian-American community! Look at me, for God sake! I wear brighty silk shirts, golden ties and use a Silvio Dante haircut... Does that mean I am a goombah??? Forget about it! I am a proudful and honest Italian American, and I love my country enough to say on the Fourth Of July that I am a rigtheous man!
Posted By: irishmike

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/04/06 05:52 PM

Back in 1966-67 I was a bus boy at a local restaurant after school and every Thursday night a local "hood" named Big Lou would come in with two other guys and have dinner. The first time I was there when he came in some people had just left his uusual table and so I was cleaning it off while him and his crew waited. I must have done a good job because when I was done he said, "thanks kid" and gave me a 20 bill. After that, after he knew my name, he'd greet me with "Hey Mikey, howse it hangin'" and if I had to clean off his table he always gave me a 20. Now this in 66-67, 20 bucks was a lot of money for 13-14 year old kid. While I was in the Navy, in 1971, my dad wrote me and said they found Big Lou in a dumpster with 3 bullets in his head.

You know, the guy was a murderer and a big time heroin dealer, but I couldn't help it, I felt bad when I heard. The guy was always nice to me.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/09/06 08:54 PM

Quote:
he deserves to die putting john gotti away [/b][/quote]That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my entire life. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And backing his statement up reeks of stupidity aswell.

"That guy was a true genious." The hard working man always will win in the end, while these made guys are either six feet under or in prison.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/10/06 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[quote]Originally posted by GottiMafia:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Tom:
he deserves to die putting john gotti away [/b][/quote]That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my entire life. You should be ashamed of yourself.

And backing his statement up reeks of stupidity aswell.

"That guy was a true genious." The hard working man always will win in the end, while these made guys are either six feet under or in prison. [/b][/quote]Excuse me if I say, An, but WHO THA HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE HOW OTHERS MAKE THEIR LIVING IN SUCH A DERROGATIVE WAY???? I THINK YOU SHOULD LEARN TO BE A BIT MORE PRUDENT!

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/10/06 02:06 AM

They are HOODLUMS. They are MENACES TO SOCIETY. They steal and kill from anyone who stands in their way. They are detriments to society and I'm happy whenever another mobster gets put away. It is a good day for the working man who earns his money legitmatley and honestly. It's a good day for just plain, honest people who follow the laws of society.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/10/06 05:05 AM

they are only good honest people because they have no balls to to do what they want!
Posted By: plawrence

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/10/06 09:06 AM

Most people don't "want" to be criminals.

Most people want to obey the laws of our society, respect the rights of others, etc.

I do not "want" to take what does not belong to me, obtain money dishonestly, or make money by breaking the law.

Does that mean I have no balls?

Do you, GottiMafia? Do you do whatever you want to?

Are you a criminal?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/10/06 01:43 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by JustMe:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by FortunatoParadise:
[b]
quote:
How you know they were friend of ours? [/b][/quote]It was pretty obvious, even though they didn't tell me they were. [/b][/quote]What ya are doing there is stereotiping (???) the fellow Italian-American community! Look at me, for God sake! I wear brighty silk shirts, golden ties and use a Silvio Dante haircut... Does that mean I am a goombah??? Forget about it! I am a proudful and honest Italian American, and I love my country enough to say on the Fourth Of July that I am a rigtheous man!
Sorry??? What do you mean by all this? I think I never mentioned you in any of my posts, no?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/11/06 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Most people don't "want" to be criminals.

Most people want to obey the laws of our society, respect the rights of others, etc.

I do not "want" to take what does not belong to me, obtain money dishonestly, or make money by breaking the law.

Does that mean I have no balls?

Do you, GottiMafia? Do you do whatever you want to?

Are you a criminal?
no im not a criminal but if theres money to be made on the side i will make it

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/11/06 06:28 AM

Quote:
they are only good honest people because they have no balls to to do what they want!
Quote:
im not a criminal but if theres money to be made on the side i will make it
So you make this money on the side honestly and legally then, right?

Which, based on your statement above, means you don't have the balls to do what you want either.

And if you're not making it honestly and legally, then that makes you a criminal, doesn't it?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/12/06 04:47 AM

yep you defitnely dont understand me!! i meant to say if there is illegal money to be made [except drugs] i will make it, i like organised crime not just behind a pc!!

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/12/06 11:14 AM

Quote:
yep you defitnely dont understand me!! i meant to say if there is illegal money to be made [except drugs] i will make it, i like organised crime not just behind a pc!!
Ever saw a man/woman/child be killed? Ever saw a killed one?
Ever walked behind the coffin of a HUMAN BEING, a loved one, who was ripped out of life through murder?
If not: Shut the f.... up!!!!

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/12/06 11:14 AM

Quote:
Why haven't you started?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/13/06 12:19 PM

Quote:
Now I'm really confused, with all due respect.

What do you mean by "i like organised crime not just behind a pc!!"

I mean, I too "like" organized crime in the sense that it's a subject that interests me, i.e. reading about it, seeing movies that portray it, etc.

Is that what you mean by "behind a PC"?

But my "like" or "interest" in organized crime doe not extend to my comitting criminal acts.

Just curious here....what type of illegal activities have you taken part in?

I respect your distaste for dealing drugs, but I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share some examples or stories about what you have done to make money illegally, if you wouldn't mind.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/14/06 01:00 PM

credit card scams, mobile phones, car insurance stuff like that

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/14/06 10:38 PM

Quote:
Personally, I think that you are full of shit! Because if you were really involved in such illegal acts, and you were really a person involved with a criminal element, you would NEVER admit, on a public board, that you have committed these kinds of criminal acts. Unless of course, your name is Quack Quack!

Plaw, I think that this one is just trying to get a rise out of us by spewing a bunch of bullshit all over this thread.

Sorry, I don't buy it at all.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Dario

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/15/06 12:10 AM

Quote:
What ya are doing there is stereotiping (???) the fellow Italian-American community! Look at me, for God sake! I wear brighty silk shirts, golden ties and use a Silvio Dante haircut... Does that mean I am a goombah??? Forget about it! I am a proudful and honest Italian American, and I love my country enough to say on the Fourth Of July that I am a rigtheous man!
Well, what I can say...I'm italian and I understand you. Anyway I don't feel any offensive in all this discussion, it's only about different culture and filmography, if you know in Italy you'll never see a mobster dining in a restaurant dressed that way, and you'll never see any Don Vito go and buy some orange at the market, it's a little bit different...at least for me, I lived for one year in Palermo and I never seen any associate or even a kind of scene like this.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/15/06 12:31 AM

Quote:
Wow I read only now this and the other things you say about who got balls..I don't know you neither where you live, but let me say you just misunderstand something, or you just see too much films...wanna became Godfather (by stealing phones :rolleyes: a bitter longer, I think)?wanna be a respected mobster? Do you really want an idea of respect and omerta? See on tv the capture of Provenzano, and see how people are screaming in front of him and the cops on that moment "pezzo di merda" e "figlio di puttana" (sorry for this words, I don't translate), and how that cops avoid to let him get wasted and slaughtered by furious people

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/15/06 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dario:
Wow I read only now this and the other things you say about who got balls..I don't know you neither where you live, but let me say you just misunderstand something, or you just see too much films...wanna became Godfather (by stealing phones :rolleyes: a bitter longer, I think)?wanna be a respected mobster? Do you really want an idea of respect and omerta? See on tv the capture of Provenzano, and see how people are screaming in front of him and the cops on that moment "pezzo di merda" e "figlio di puttana" (sorry for this words, I don't translate), and how that cops avoid to let him get wasted and slaughtered by furious people [/QB]
Bravo! I totally agree! Che viva la Antimafia

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/15/06 04:13 PM

Quote:
And because there is something called the law. You know, we're trying to have a civilized society, so that everyone can live in a nice way.
Quote:
i will make it, i like organised crime not just behind a pc!!
You're even worse than a common mob thug. You even like to be a bloodsucking thief.

Quote:
if there is illegal money to be made [except drugs]
Why no drugs? You're fucking people anyway if you really do the following things.

Quote:
Either you are an idiot or a pathetic liar.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/15/06 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] yep you defitnely dont understand me!! i meant to say if there is illegal money to be made [except drugs] i will make it, i like organised crime not just behind a pc!!
Why haven't you started? [/b][/quote]He's lying. I know, if I was an organised criminal, I wouldn't be discussing it so openly on a Mafia based forum.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/15/06 11:36 PM

who said anything about organised crime? its petty crime i do, no big deal just some fun that's all, you people have taken this to seriously
Posted By: XDCX

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/16/06 01:36 PM

Quote:
who said anything about organised crime? its petty crime i do, no big deal just some fun that's all, you people have taken this to seriously
Taken it too seriously? No, don't think so. We just know you're full of sh*t.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/16/06 05:45 PM

Quote:
Gotti is your idol and you post the crimes you "do" :rolleyes: on a message board?

With all that money you get from those crimes you want to buy a bridge? :rolleyes:

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/16/06 08:48 PM

Quote:
no big deal just some fun that's all
Screwing other people for fun?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/17/06 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] credit card scams, mobile phones, car insurance stuff like that
Gotti is your idol and you post the crimes you "do" :rolleyes: on a message board?

With all that money you get from those crimes you want to buy a bridge? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]a bridge?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/17/06 03:25 AM

Quote:
[b] no big deal just some fun that's all
Screwing other people for fun?
[/b][/quote]well enzo i know whatever i do will come round to me one day, i just do it anyway

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/17/06 09:36 PM

Come round? What does that mean?
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/18/06 12:29 AM

Only stories mob stories i have is I had this great uncle (Never met the guy my dad told me these stories) who was some italian guy who married my dads aunt and he was a mobster he had Frank Sinatra at his parties and playmates.

Also I heard when his daughters graduated (Highschool I think) he gave them each a dictionary with 100 dollar bills stuck between each page.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/18/06 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
Only stories mob stories i have is I had this great uncle (Never met the guy my dad told me these stories) who was some italian guy who married my dads aunt and he was a mobster he had Frank Sinatra at his parties and playmates.

Also I heard when his daughters graduated (Highschool I think) he gave them each a dictionary with 100 dollar bills stuck between each page.
nice FRANK SINATRA that is class

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/18/06 01:45 PM

Quote:
Come round? What does that mean?
enzo never heard the saying 'what goes around comes around'?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/18/06 06:10 PM

Nope. My mothertongue isn't English and I don't know that saying.
Posted By: Walter Mosca

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/24/06 05:47 PM

Well, you can't say that anymore!

It's like "what you reap is what you sow"

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/25/06 11:09 PM

Let's be fair here, people.

We don't know GottiMafia, so absent any evidence to the contrary, I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe what he says.

I asked him what type of criminal activities he engaged in, and he very courageously and bravely told us.

In doing so he was obviously placing himself at risk, so you have to give him credit for being so frank and open and honest about it.

I'd be interested in hearing more, GottiMafia, if ou'd care to share.

What did you do with credit cards? Steal them and use them yourself, or just sell them? How about cell phones? People seem to be assuming that you stole them, but I don't see where you said that. I'm sure there are many other ways to make money illegally using them.

I'm really interested in car insurance scams, also.

Did you stage phony accidents and put in claims for damage to cars or injuries?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/26/06 11:19 AM

Gottimafia is so full of shit. He is probably some 15 yr old kid who has watched one too many episodes of the sopranos.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 01:18 AM

Quote:

We don't know GottiMafia, so absent any evidence to the contrary, I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe what he says.

I asked him what type of criminal activities he engaged in, and he very courageously and bravely told us.

In doing so he was obviously placing himself at risk, so you have to give him credit for being so frank and open and honest about it.

What did you do with credit cards? Steal them and use them yourself, or just sell them? How about cell phones? People seem to be assuming that you stole them, but I don't see where you said that. I'm sure there are many other ways to make money illegally using them.

hey plawrence basically me and a group of friends daily hang out looking for ways to make money we have not much else to do, so whatever comes our way we look for a way to make a profit.

just like the mob in reality, most of what you said is self expainatory that is what i do

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
Gottimafia is so full of shit. He is probably some 15 yr old kid who has watched one too many episodes of the sopranos.
actually ben i am 21 and am a big man you would not say that to my face and that is for sure believe me

you are just a saw middle class person

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
Quote:
actually ben i am 21 and am a big man you would not say that to my face and that is for sure believe me

So how far is Birmingham from Nottingham?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 02:12 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Bada Bing Ben:
[b] Gottimafia is so full of shit. He is probably some 15 yr old kid who has watched one too many episodes of the sopranos.
Quote:

So how far is Birmingham from Nottingham? [/b][/quote]How big do you think England is? :p

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 02:16 PM

I dunno...In square miles?

I'd guess about the size of Nevada or Utah or so.

Nah, that's too big.

Maybe about the size of Michigan or Minnesota?

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 06:20 PM

it would take roughly 1hr 15mins to drive from birmingham to nottingham.

gottimafia is innevitably going to be what we call a "chav". http://www.chavscum.com ...for a definition.

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/27/06 10:37 PM

ben im not a chav, im not WHITE!!!!!!!!!!

Re: personal mob stories? - 05/29/06 11:31 AM

is being white a pre-requisite of being a chav??

I did not realise that.

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/10/06 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] credit card scams, mobile phones, car insurance stuff like that
Personally, I think that you are full of shit! Because if you were really involved in such illegal acts, and you were really a person involved with a criminal element, you would NEVER admit, on a public board, that you have committed these kinds of criminal acts. Unless of course, your name is Quack Quack!

Plaw, I think that this one is just trying to get a rise out of us by spewing a bunch of bullshit all over this thread.

Sorry, I don't buy it at all.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]I completly agree with these guy, GottiMafia, I think that is just a bag full of crap... And if you are really in those activities and you speak of it on the internet I, with all due respect, say that you are a dishonor and a shame to you partners, a bloody mouthed with self estime problems... And as I know children visit this page I wont say not even the half of the words crossing my mind

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/10/06 08:59 PM

Quote:
[b] they are only good honest people because they have no balls to to do what they want!
And because there is something called the law. You know, we're trying to have a civilized society, so that everyone can live in a nice way.
Quote:
i will make it, i like organised crime not just behind a pc!!
You're even worse than a common mob thug. You even like to be a bloodsucking thief.

Quote:
if there is illegal money to be made [except drugs]
Why no drugs? You're fucking people anyway if you really do the following things.

Quote:
Either you are an idiot or a pathetic liar. [/b][/quote]I think he is both an IDIOT and a PATHETIC LIAR,

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/10/06 09:03 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] Come round? What does that mean?
enzo never heard the saying 'what goes around comes around'? [/b][/quote]I think these liar piccolo di mer... watched too much "My Name Is Earl". dIDNT you?

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/10/06 09:10 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] Let's be fair here, people.

hey plawrence basically me and a group of friends daily hang out looking for ways to make money we have not much else to do, so whatever comes our way we look for a way to make a profit.

just like the mob in reality, most of what you said is self expainatory that is what i do [/b][/quote]I take back what I said about he being a shame for his partners... They are all some filthy butt punks whose mothers couldnt raise well enough to keep them of trouble! You are all a shame, even Gotti or any of them could go around with their head high... But you are just some drop-college fanooks looking for some fun, rotten aples
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/22/06 10:15 PM

I've seen some gangster stuff there in Brazil. Like a few guys dress up as workers of the company of Electricity of the Government, then go to a random house and say they will check the measure of the energy used so far. But actually, they just steal everything from the house, and put it in their car. Profit = a lot of money.

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/22/06 10:28 PM

Now let's get into Asia... some crazy news.

Thai gunman kills two noisy World Cup fans

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) - Thai police are searching for a gunman who shot and killed two soccer fans at a beach resort after complaining they were cheering too loud during a broadcast of Italy's World Cup opener against Ghana, officials said Wednesday.

The two men, both Thais, were watching Italy's 2-0 win over Ghana at a restaurant Monday at the Thai beach resort town of Pattaya, and erupted in roars when Italy scored its first goal, said Panipha Wattakul, a girlfriend of one of the victims.

A man seated at a nearby table asked them to quiet down, prompting a heated argument during which the man pulled out a handgun and shot the soccer fans at point blank range, said Police Col. Somnuek Chanket, the Pattaya police chief. The victims were identified as Chamlong Rongsaeng, 30, and Somnuek Sonkun, 41.

Police know the identity of the gunman, who fled after the shooting, Somnuek said.

Thailand has never competed in the World Cup. But despite the Southeast Asian nation's poor showing on the international soccer stage, millions of fans are glued to their televisions during the World Cup and millions of baht (dollars) are spent on illegal betting, polls show.

Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, is known for its beaches, its thriving sex industry and high crime rate

Source: Malaysian Star - 14 June 2006

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/22/06 10:30 PM

The victims were identified as Chamlong Rongsaeng, 30, and Somnuek Sonkun, 41.

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/23/06 01:17 AM

I don't think this fact related to organized crime...seems to be more an action from a insane. I believe this cause in Italy soccer can generate effects like this between the fans (insane fans, I think), very violent action and even murder (belive it or not, it happened).
Or maybe it's related at gambling....

Re: personal mob stories? - 06/24/06 09:48 PM

Vito, thank you very much for sharing this story with us.

Here's a suggestion though; in the future when you want to post stories like this one, that really have nothing to do with organized crime, you may be better served to post it over in the GENERAL DISCUSSION thread or in a case like this story, which relates to a sport, over in the SPORTS thread. You will probably get more responses to these kinds of stories over in those other threads.

But again, thanks for sharing this with us.

Don Cardi

Re: personal mob stories? - 07/04/06 02:10 PM

Quote:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] Let's be fair here, people.

just like the mob in reality, most of what you said is self expainatory that is what i do [/b][/quote]I take back what I said about he being a shame for his partners... They are all some filthy butt punks whose mothers couldnt raise well enough to keep them of trouble! You are all a shame, even Gotti or any of them could go around with their head high... But you are just some drop-college fanooks looking for some fun, rotten aples [/b][/quote]For us to live any other way was nuts. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. I mean they were suckers. They had no balls. If we wanted something we just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: personal mob stories? - 07/04/06 03:48 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by FortunatoParadise:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by GottiMafia:
[b]
quote:

just like the mob in reality, most of what you said is self expainatory that is what i do [/b][/quote]I take back what I said about he being a shame for his partners... They are all some filthy butt punks whose mothers couldnt raise well enough to keep them of trouble! You are all a shame, even Gotti or any of them could go around with their head high... But you are just some drop-college fanooks looking for some fun, rotten aples [/b][/quote]For us to live any other way was nuts. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. I mean they were suckers. They had no balls. If we wanted something we just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again

I take it "goodfellas" is you fav film :p
Posted By: stavka

Re: personal mob stories? - 07/04/06 08:36 PM

I know a guy I talk to now and then, though it has been a while (maybe 6 months) ? he said he knew the daughter of James ?Cock-eye? Dunn ? knew her very well, practiced Public School things and such ? but with nothing strange or odd a typical New York, Queens relationship between friends at a PS school.. ? Not sure if he is still alive, he was old when I met him, and conversation spilled out ? though if you got into a mode that sounded like a prosecutor ? he?d get all huffy and that would be it.

It?s been rarer I've made contact in recent years, the few times other than a burst, I worked in his home turf rarely

This old guy was with Dunn?s daughter when both were teenagers ? he said her name was "Jane" ? the night her father was executed in Sing Sing? for a dock side murder ? real ?On the Water-Front? sort of filler.

With some old looking - I know the Dunn existed, I looked up things in the New York Times ? but there were only three articles I could find.

Seems from the NYT his defense was war related ? didn?t really go a long way to explain why he was, war aside, a NY dock-gang tough -

The guy I know/knew said ?Jane? said everybody her father worked for was working for others including the Government - and she felt her father was being killed (in this case by the US government) to make up for known criminals of Italian descent. I guess that would be the value of being an ?associate? ? but I?m not sure that was a term being tossed around in 1942-50

The thing that only makes me curious is the guy knows a lot for somebody I used to bump into once or twice a year and has no real interest in crime, or drama or whatever ? he just grew up in Queens. Is crime that an open secret?

I know very little personally about New York (against what I read of course) or the way the various Italian groups, I DO believe there are/were 5 eliminated all other non-Italian ORGANIZED opposition ? but this seems like a first step post- Dutch Schultz.

Anybody have anything to add about the Italian take-over of New York 1941-50?

I find it very curious, I?m not sure how that happened
Posted By: SC

Re: personal mob stories? - 07/04/06 09:49 PM

Dunn was a major player in the Irish waterfront activities of the time on the New York docks. He was actually used as a source of information by the Mob in their attempts to curry favor with the government when they cooperated to get Lucky Luciano out of prison.

He had dealings with Meyer Lansky.
Posted By: stavka

Re: personal mob stories? - 07/04/06 11:20 PM

so it was a Dunn (as employee) of the Siegel/Lansky combine working to help - I guess the Littleman in this case?

Irish-Jewish-Italian? With the Fed's left holding the bag, and this Irish guy taking the drop to get Lucky off the hook to benefit Meyer?

What a tangled web they must have weaved!
Posted By: Martin Joseph

Re: personal mob stories? - 07/05/06 12:36 AM

I'm not even sure if I should say this, but a long time ago when someone, a relative passed away. He was paid a visit to by a man in all white. I wasn't at the funeral because I was too young, but my one of my aunt's would later tell us that this was a boss who came to pay his respects.
Posted By: Janice

Re: personal mob stories? - 08/11/06 12:38 PM

I think John Gotti was hot. paris hilton.
Posted By: bogey

Re: personal mob stories? - 08/11/06 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Janice:
I think John Gotti was hot. paris hilton.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: jason_els

Re: personal mob stories? - 08/14/06 07:15 AM

There used to ba a restaurant in midtown near Rockefeller Center named Vesuvio's. My stepfather would go there every afternoon at lunch and every evening before going home from work. He's now a recovering alcoholic but in those days he was a regular. He worked for a large insurance brokerage and just liked Vesuvio's because it was close to his work and the bartender poured honest drinks.

He got to know some of the regulars there and it came to him, rather slowly, that this was a wiseguy hangout. My stepfather was a typical 3-piece suit kinda guy, graduated Yale, lived in a gated community, and generally wouldn't have known a wiseguy if he ran into Marlon Brando in costume. My stepfather's an amiable guy, very polite, and generally a happy fun-time drunk so the guys at Vesuvio's came to like him and, more importantly, knew he wasn't a cop because he drank so much. The guys at the bar would always say, "Hal, if you need any favors, just give me a call," but fortunately for my stepfather, he was smart enough to always politely decline. Eventually they filled him-in on the setup. There was a half curtain drawn over the lower half of the front windows so you couldn't see in and the second door had a curtain over it too. Being a shotgun-type building the booths where the wiseguys hung out were all along the back where there were no windows. From that part you could see the whole restaurant safely. What's more interesting is that the music shop across the street. Right in the upper corner of their window was a blue bubblegum machine light. Most of the time it was just there, but... the music shop guy was paid to watch the front of Vesuvio's and if he thought that the restaurant was being watched, he would turn on the light to warn the guys in the restaurant. The blue light was high enough that you could see it over the half curtain in Vesuvio's window. Pretty clever. The light went off a few times while my stepfather was there and when it did, wow! Did the place clean out fast! And always through the back door, never the front.

So fast forward to 1982 and my sixteenth birthday. My stepfather decided to host my birthday dinner at Vesuvio's and then take me and my mother and my girlfriend to a Broadway show. I'd eaten there a few times and food was real home-style southern Italian which I love and didn't have too often as my mother wasn't big on southern Italian food, but since it was my birthday I was indulged. We arrive and walk in and the place is packed but we had a great table near the window all ready for us. My stepfather made his, 'hellos' and waved to some of the people, generally happy we'll be seated on-time so we can make the show. So we sit down and no sooner does the warm garlic bread show-up but the blue light goes off across the street. The bartender made a beeline for the back booths and at once the guys in the back make for the back door. My mother is sweetly clueless, "Oh, they must have an early curtain!"

"Curtains" is right. From the back door and then the front and from the kitchen come pouring all these guys with FBI jackets and rifles to shut down the place. They immediately halted all food and bar service and told everyone to get out except the employees. My mother's jaw was wide open and my girlfriend was freaking out but my stepfather was in a panic. He raced over to one of the FBI guys paniced over something, I couldn't tell what. The FBI guy talks to another one who talks to another one then goes into the kitchen and comes out a minute later with a big box. My stepfather grabbed the box and then motioned us out of the restaurant with everyone else. Turns out the box was my birthday cake and it is, I am sad to say, the last food Vesuvio's ever made. The restaurant was closed and the owner was indicted for something along the lines of knowingly allowing illegal conduct on the premisis. Whatever happened I don't know but Vesuvio's went away and was replaced by another. We went down the street to Frere Jacques, complete with cake in hand, feeling a little dazed from our brush with Riker's Island, but my mom loves French food so she was made happy by a great steamed mussels dish and we did make it to the theater on time.

I still have the candleholders from that cake as a memorial to Vesuvio's and my brush with wiseguy-dom.

God they made great meatballs in marinara....

Re: personal mob stories? - 08/17/06 09:32 AM

That has sort of a Goodfellas feel to it when Henry (Ray Liotta), with the camera as his point-of-view, walks through the restaurant and introduces the audience to all of the characters in his life.

Excellent story! Very entertaining.

And welcome to the boards!

tony b.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET