Home

You may not believe me but...

Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

You may not believe me but... - 10/08/05 03:38 PM

Walkig down thursday afternoon the street in midtown(in Buenos Aires)I saw an ad about an acting show, one of the actors was named Bonanno I could not believe my eyes and I laughted, of course maybe it is a common name, but that`s name is not any name, it was Bonanno! The same day listening to the radio a female doctor was speaking and her last name was also Bonanno!! HAHAHA
It seemed October 6th was Bonanno`s day!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/08/05 04:26 PM

I'm surprised that you're surprised, DPN. Bonanno is a common Italian name, and a very large percentage of Argentinians are of Italian origin.
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/09/05 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
I'm surprised that you're surprised, DPN. Bonanno is a common Italian name, and a very large percentage of Argentinians are of Italian origin.
True. In Argentina a lot of Germans as well, including the Nazi ones. :rolleyes:

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/09/05 02:17 PM

Right Turnbull the argentinian population is 60 % italian people(my mother has italian origins), spanish 30% and 10% left(including the rest of the world the minority example:native indians, arabic, and GERMAN. sorry Vito, but there are not many Nazis left, many of them were caught, and the people who have german origins are not a lot.)
Turnbull I was surprised because even there are a lot of Italian population I never heard Bonanno, Genovese, Luchesse or Gambino in my country, just Colombo, which is the most common name here.
And I was also surprised because I heard Bonanno´s last name twice in the same day.

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/09/05 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
Turnbull I was surprised because even there are a lot of Italian population I never heard Bonanno, Genovese, Luchesse or Gambino in my country, just Colombo, which is the most common name here.
And I was also surprised because I heard Bonanno´s last name twince in the same day.
A coincidence, I suppose.
Here in New Jersey, about a quarter of our population are of Italian extraction. One of the state's biggest pharmacy chains was called Genovese Drugs. A few years ago, I pleaded a traffic case in a local court--the prosecutor's name was Bonanno. And one of the nation's biggest yogurt producers is called Columbo.
Posted By: SC

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/09/05 04:22 PM

Quote:
One of the state's biggest pharmacy chains was called Genovese Drugs. A few years ago, I pleaded a traffic case in a local court--the prosecutor's name was Bonanno. And one of the nation's biggest yogurt producers is called Columbo.
Lets not forget the Gallo Brothers. Ernest and Julio made wine. Larry and Albert whined about being made.

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/09/05 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Lets not forget the Gallo Brothers. Ernest and Julio made wine. Larry and Albert whined about being made.

And let's not forget that the Polish branch of their family was celebrated musically by folk singer Odetta and by Led Zeppelin in "Gallos Pole."
Posted By: Mr.Gribbs

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/20/05 12:12 AM

I remember an Argentinian goalkeeper,named Roberto Bonano,he also played for FC Barcelona,and a couple of times for your national football team...

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/20/05 02:25 PM

Yes, he was, well, I heard about him, to tell you the truth I don`t follow Soccer games very much
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/20/05 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Gribbs:
I remember an Argentinian goalkeeper,named Roberto Bonano,he also played for FC Barcelona,and a couple of times for your national football team...
I think he playes for Alavés now, or maybe for Sevilla...
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/23/05 04:02 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by SC:
[b] Lets not forget the Gallo Brothers. Ernest and Julio made wine. Larry and Albert whined about being made.

And let's not forget that the Polish branch of their family was celebrated musically by folk singer Odetta and by Led Zeppelin in "Gallos Pole."
[/b][/quote]

Bonanno is a fairly common name in south Louisiana (at least before Aug. 29th) and there is a Gambino's bakery here as well.

Most of the Italian emigration to New Orleans was Sicillian, and many people have surnames that match villages in Sicily, like the Corleone name.
Posted By: julioclaudio

Re: You may not believe me but... - 10/23/05 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
I think he playes for Alavés now, or maybe for Sevilla... [/QUOTE]

Alavés
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET