Home

The Gambion Sons

Posted By: don vencent

The Gambion Sons - 10/07/04 04:02 PM

Why was they step over? I think it a case of
fredo and vito
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Gambion Sons - 10/07/04 05:06 PM

Do you mean the Gambino brothers, Tommy and Joseph?
Tommy was a capo, running the garment rackets for his father. Joseph had a trash hauling racket. Both went to prison for racketeering.
Neither was considered forceful enough to become the head of the family. What's more, they were loyal to their cousin, Paul Castellano. They didn't protest when he was made Don, nor did they make a move on Gotti.
They really don't make a good comparison with Fredo. I don't think either of them was "passed over," since apparently they never wanted to be Dons.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: The Gambion Sons - 10/07/04 05:11 PM

thank you Turnbull
Posted By: Alex Morello

Re: The Gambion Sons - 10/08/04 01:43 AM

Are both Tommy and Joseph dead now? Can you give me a biography site about them or something? I'm very interested to read about Carlo Gambino's sons
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Gambion Sons - 10/08/04 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Morello:
Are both Tommy and Joseph dead now? Can you give me a biography site about them or something? I'm very interested to read about Carlo Gambino's sons
It's hard to find stuff on them because they tended to be overshadowed by Gotti and his legal woes. If you search http://www.ganglandnews.com patiently, you might find what you're looking for. Archives of the NY Daily News may have some stuff.
Posted By: SC

Re: The Gambion Sons - 10/08/04 06:30 AM

As far as I know, they're both still alive.

Thomas Francis Gambino was born 8/23/1929. Younger brother, Joseph Carlo, was born 3/28/1936.

As Turnbull pointed out, both of these men were overshadowed by the more flamboyant members of their famous Family. Both were outwardly quiet and not "feared" by fellow mobsters. Thomas was allegedly ripped off by his stockbroker (for $2 million) while Gambino was serving prison time in 1996, and he chose to sue (in court) in an attempt to get the money back. Could you imagine his old man suing in court?

Tommy's main area of Family business was the trucking industry in the Garment District. He had been convicted of operating the Family's gambling and loan-sharking operations in Connecticut.

Joseph was even less familiar to the public. His main area of business was in the carting industry, especially in The Bronx, NY. He, too, was convicted (of conspiracy and racketeering).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET