Home

James Caan/Mob rumors

Posted By: alpacinofan

James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/27/02 06:36 AM

Did James Caan ever used to be associated with John Gotti while he was out of the film industry for awhile?
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/27/02 06:42 AM

i saw one pic in the funeral of a mob guy. in the caption it says that James Caan is present but can't see his face in the pic. forgot the name of the mob guy. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Anthony Vincent Andolini

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/29/02 02:28 AM

Caan paid his respects at Carlo Gambino`s funeral.
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/29/02 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Vincent Andolini:
Caan paid his respects at Carlo Gambino`s funeral.
REALLY??? I wonder why...?thats weird.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/29/02 05:01 AM

As you probably know: After FFC and Ruddy made their peace with Joe Columbo's Italian-American Civil Rights League before GF started filming, Columbo extended his "courtesies" to the crew. One of those favors was to allow Caan to hang with Columbo's henchmen, the better to study them. The FBI, which never heard of Caan, opened a file on him as an up-and-coming Columbo Family Mafioso.
Posted By: Paul Pisano

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/29/02 02:55 PM

Hi,
James Caan usually shows up at some of the trials of mobsters. I doubt he has any ties to organized crime however.

Paul

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/29/02 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
As you probably know: After FFC and Ruddy made their peace with Joe Columbo's Italian-American Civil Rights League before GF started filming, Columbo extended his "courtesies" to the crew. One of those favors was to allow Caan to hang with Columbo's henchmen, the better to study them. The FBI, which never heard of Caan, opened a file on him as an up-and-coming Columbo Family Mafioso.
Thats really interesting, Turnbull, that they actually thought that. (Shows how good the feds are)lol. But why did Sonny only get to do that? Was it specifically for his character? Or they just chose him randomly?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/30/02 02:05 AM

It was probably at Caan's initiative. He also is (or used to be) a big rodeo participant, riding bulls, roping calfs, etc. Maybe he thought "running with the boys" was in the same vein as "running with the dogies..."

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/30/02 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
It was probably at Caan's initiative. He also is (or used to be) a big rodeo participant, riding bulls, roping calfs, etc. Maybe he thought "running with the boys" was in the same vein as "running with the dogies..."
Posted By: Turnpike1492

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/31/02 12:33 AM

i was giving this a thought... since Caan played sony in the GF, maybe organized crime gave into him as a simple intrest, and if he went to all of those funerals, maybe he wanted to compare the real life mafia funerals to 'hollywood' mafia funerals...just a thought

grazi :p
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: James Caan/Mob rumors - 10/17/03 10:49 PM

yeah i heard somewhere that the fbi opened a file on him. wonder if you can get to it?some sort of thing about open criminal records,maybe the same applies for that. i'd love to read it
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET