Home

An honest question

Posted By: Snake Eyes

An honest question - 10/22/02 02:10 AM

Hey a friend and I are finding Mafia history to be very interesting. But the more recent stuff is hard to find. Because I imagine that the Mafia has shrunk in recent years. Does anyone have information on what is currently going on. I think reading about this stuff is pretty interesting.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: An honest question - 10/22/02 05:09 AM

Welcome to the boards, Snake Eyes!
Actually, there's more stuff around on the Mafia than ever, because there have been so many busts--and so many squealers. ganglandnews.com is an excellent site for staying current. Our paisani can suggest plenty more.
Posted By: Scarlett

Re: An honest question - 10/22/02 01:34 PM

Try: http://www.IPSN.org it has up to date information on it.
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: An honest question - 10/22/02 08:39 PM

hhhmmmmm

Re: An honest question - 10/22/02 10:21 PM

Thanks everyone these sites look really good. There is lots of info on them!

Re: An honest question - 10/23/02 06:52 PM

Have most oragnized crime organizations been having the same problems as the Mafia?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: An honest question - 10/24/02 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake Eyes:
Have most oragnized crime organizations been having the same problems as the Mafia?
My opinion (for what it's worth):
Thanks to RICO (Racketeer Influenced Criminal Organization) Act, sophisticated electronic surveillance, and general slackening of regard for civil liberties, law enforcement in America has reduced most of the known organized crime enterprises to fairly minor status. The Mafia in the US is a shadow of what it used to be, the Russian mob has been reduced considerably, and the Jamaican and Asian gangs periodically get their comeuppance from law enforcement.
But, as long as human beings like to drink, drug, gamble, whore and cheat, there'll always be criminal organizations pandering to their needs. And, as you've no doubt observed, Snake Eyes, so-called "legitimate big businessmen" in big-name corporations have been amassing gigantic fortunes in illegal and/or unethical schemes that would make any Mob boss green with envy.

Re: An honest question - 10/24/02 12:50 AM

Yes. I have noticed that....I think lately itd be kinda hard not to with Enron and all that whatnot. Any way thanks again TurnBull! you seem like an extremely smart person. Ill remember to ask if i have any more questions ok .
Posted By: Scarlett

Re: An honest question - 10/24/02 02:32 AM

The politicians can schmooze with the big shot CEO whose company contributes to his re-election campaigns (Bribes) and get his picture in this or that paper with him and use it in is Tv ads or whatever, but if the same guy had accepted money for his campaign from say John Gotti it doesn't look quite as good. So, Gotti goes down for the count whie Enron executive retires to Tahiti. What was the Bush admin. doing in those secret energy meetings with Enron and why are they stonewalling in releasing the transcripts from them?

The rich guys embezzles MILLIONS from innocent workers and gets away with it, legally, while some moron who holds up a gas station or a liquor store and makes off with 100.00 will get 10 years.

Re: An honest question - 10/24/02 02:56 AM

When ya put it dat way it sounds like the Justice department Needs its Priorities fixed...
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: An honest question - 10/24/02 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
[quote]Originally posted by Snake Eyes:
[b]Have most oragnized crime organizations been having the same problems as the Mafia?
My opinion (for what it's worth):
Thanks to RICO (Racketeer Influenced Criminal Organization) Act, sophisticated electronic surveillance, and general slackening of regard for civil liberties, law enforcement in America has reduced most of the known organized crime enterprises to fairly minor status. The Mafia in the US is a shadow of what it used to be, the Russian mob has been reduced considerably, and the Jamaican and Asian gangs periodically get their comeuppance from law enforcement.
But, as long as human beings like to drink, drug, gamble, whore and cheat, there'll always be criminal organizations pandering to their needs. And, as you've no doubt observed, Snake Eyes, so-called "legitimate big businessmen" in big-name corporations have been amassing gigantic fortunes in illegal and/or unethical schemes that would make any Mob boss green with envy.[/b][/quote]i have to agree with ya there

Re: An honest question - 10/25/02 04:30 AM

Hey does anyone think starting a thread where you could post any current Mafia/organized crime news on?
Posted By: Escobar

Re: An honest question - 10/25/02 11:45 AM

You'd probaly just have to keep it here organized Crime - Real Life. But thats a good topic though. Sometimes I wonder myself whats going on.

Re: An honest question - 10/25/02 01:25 PM

Ok ill make it soon. Or somone else could post the topic if they wanted to....Im going to be gon a couple days.
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: An honest question - 10/25/02 03:16 PM

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img]
See Organized crime news thread...
Posted By: TwelveXprophet

Re: An honest question - 12/10/02 01:10 AM

Those sites at the top of the thread are DOPE!! Thanks ya'll!
Posted By: Predator1

Re: An honest question - 12/30/02 01:02 AM

I think street gangs are getting more in the limelight now instead of old and traditional crime groups.
Posted By: THe ProFeSSioNaL

Re: An honest question - 12/31/02 05:53 AM

Yeah you right Predator1. All the focus is mostly on street gangs and terriosim. The mafia is pretty much not in the limelight like you said.
Posted By: Predator1

Re: An honest question - 01/03/03 03:57 PM

Thanks professional.
I spose the mafia could get in the limelight if they started gettin involved in selling stuff 4 terroism.but lets hope they dont.
Posted By: Anthony Vincent Andolini

Re: An honest question - 01/05/03 02:25 AM

There are plenty of DVD`s and books if you browse online.
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: An honest question - 01/05/03 03:16 PM

[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:fPux9lBCXlEC:cuisung.unige.ch/gif/crown.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by TwelveXprophet:
Those sites at the top of the thread are DOPE!! Thanks ya'll!
P12X,
Here are some pretty nice ones from a previous post of ours:

Click ere for everyone\'s contributions
some may be out of date, but read my brother, read!!!

--------------------
Foolish consistencies are the hobgoblins of little minds.
Posted By: Joseph Bonnano

Re: An honest question - 01/14/03 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scarface_denver:
hhhmmmmm
hhhmmmmm!? what kinda post is that?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET