Home

Would you join?

Posted By: Devin

Would you join? - 08/01/01 08:07 PM

If you were allowed to become part in some form of organized crime work or "mafia" would you? I can honestly say that if the money was right I would seriously consider.

What does everybody else think?
Posted By: Don Michel

Re: Would you join? - 08/01/01 08:26 PM

I don't think so. I'm a businessman, thats mafia enough.

If i had the possibility to create an organisation and of my own, sure why not.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Don_Michel ]
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Would you join? - 08/01/01 08:38 PM

It would depend what I had to do. I'd try avoid drugs personally but i'd probably finance for them. Its big money to be cashed in from the idiots that take them.

Re: Would you join? - 08/01/01 08:45 PM

I don't have so much trouble with drugs, i'll think i have more trouble wacking someone
Posted By: h8machine

Re: Would you join? - 08/01/01 09:50 PM

I wouldn't

WHen you're small time you gotta worry about getting whacked out by the big guys on your side.

When you're big time you gotta worry about getting whacked out by the guys on the other side.

That leaves you just enough time to eat a bowl of cornflakes before looking back over your shoulder
Posted By: Sonny

Re: Would you join? - 08/01/01 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Devin:
[QB]If you were allowed to become part in some form of organized crime work or "mafia" would you?QB]

If I told you, I'd have to whack you.
Posted By: Neri

Re: Would you join? - 08/02/01 01:00 AM

Hey Turi, there's a lot of money in that white powder.

I really don't know if I would join if I had the chance. I definitely wouldn't want to have some of the things they have to do on my conscience. But I believe that if I were born into a family like the Corleones I would want to a part of the family business.
Posted By: sonny's girl

Re: Would you join? - 08/02/01 03:29 PM

You guys already how I feel about being the Mafia. So yea I would join it. Plus I have to get a heck of alot money to whack somebody,but I wouldn't have a problem doing it!(Please don't think I'm crazy) I would just want to have good bodyguards that wouldn't try to kill me or turn against me. But it's the mafia and women aren't consider to join so only if women are allowed I'm in!

Re: Would you join? - 08/02/01 06:16 PM

Sonny's Girl -

Quote:
Whataya think this is, the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You gotta get up close like this... badaBING! you blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit.

Just messing.
Posted By: h8machine

Re: Would you join? - 08/02/01 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
If one can die for their country, they can die for their family.

I dunno about that... The mob isn't like it was in Sicily. Sure, back in the 1900s up until the 60s they had a use which was to protect the Italians from crooked cops, irish thugs, etc. But what would be a more correct way of wording it is dying for your business, since that's really what it is. Killing in the name of that office by the window!

There's no love for anyone there, maybe two people you'd be loyal two in your life time but it all amounts to killing your way up. And they don't even keep their neighboorhoods clean anymore, they sell drugs on them too

So no, I wouldn't ever get in with them unless it was anywhere from the 20s - 60s. But they're still good friends to have
Posted By: Gurat

Re: Would you join? - 08/05/01 04:37 PM

Hell no!

Forget about having to give up your immortal soul and look forward to an eternity in hell. I simply wouldn't want to hang out with all those Menatal Midget Goombas!

They're a bunch of cliched idiots with nothing better to do than hang-out, commit petty crimes and fawn loyalty.

The movie Donnie Brazo tells it all. Mostly, the mafia is filled with a bunch of losers who could never make it in the real world playing by the rules.
Posted By: EB

Re: Would you join? - 08/07/01 06:02 PM

Good Question, But No way! I could not kill anyone. It is not in me to live that kind of life.

Re: Would you join? - 08/08/01 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EB:
Good Question, But No way! I could not kill anyone. It is not in me to live that kind of life.

Never say never EB, I think i could not kill anyone but i dont kown what happens ive someone puts me to the limit.
Posted By: EB

Re: Would you join? - 08/08/01 01:27 PM

Don_Michel Good Point On the never. Circumstances could prevail where it may necessitate the killing of someone. But I know I would not join the mafia!

Re: Would you join? - 08/08/01 01:56 PM

I have say there has been studies that it is possible to create a murderer and torturer. It takes a while but you have to go through a few stages. This type of training was used through the world wars for both interigation methods and as pure genocide/ethnic cleaning. Social influence would probably the highest factor.

Im not off to go into it all but all I wanted to say was anyone can be made to murder/torture aslong as the right stages were applied.
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: Would you join? - 08/08/01 03:38 PM

WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT DO NOT READ! Consider the fate of William Action Jackson. Back in the 1960s he was an associate of The Outfit in Chicago, a smalltime bookie and numbers man. Never broke the Omerta. But somehow he was accused of snitching. Allegedly, three guys kidnapped him and took him to a slaugterhouse on the South Side. They tied his hands behind his back and hung him upside down on a hook through his rectum. Then baseball bats, cigars, etc were applied and finally an electric cattle prod. For three days they kept him alive torturing him non-stop. It was alleged that the cattle prod was "inserted into his penis and rectum." Finally Jackson expired, never revealing anything. *( *an account of this can be seen in the 1984 Thames documentary "CRIME,INC.")

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Don Rico ]

Re: Would you join? - 08/08/01 04:46 PM

Theres not many people who can hold out that long. Apart from Braveheart, William Wallace.
Posted By: Khartoum's Head

Re: Would you join? - 08/09/01 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rico:
WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT DO NOT READ! Consider the fate of William Action Jackson. Back in the 1960s he was an associate of The Outfit in Chicago, a smalltime bookie and numbers man. Never broke the Omerta. But somehow he was accused of snitching. Allegedly, three guys kidnapped him and took him to a slaugterhouse on the South Side. They tied his hands behind his back and hung him upside down on a hook through his rectum. Then baseball bats, cigars, etc were applied and finally an electric cattle prod. For three days they kept him alive torturing him non-stop. It was alleged that the cattle prod was "inserted into his penis and rectum." Finally Jackson expired, never revealing anything. *( *an account of this can be seen in the 1984 Thames documentary "CRIME,INC.")

[ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Don Rico ]

Sounds like a lot of the guys in the Mafia probably got off torturing small animals as children. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Would you join? - 08/21/01 05:43 PM

In reality, the mob stopped being worthwile in the 1980s. It was good before, technology and intelligence from FBI hadnt fully caught on to it, in 1980 there was files on about 80 wiseguys, now it's about 1500. It's pretty impossible to run your rackets now since they're carefully monitered, and with RICO, the fate of 30+ years in prison appeals to no one.

Re: Would you join? - 08/21/01 05:45 PM

In reality, the mob stopped being worthwile in the 1980s. It was good before, technology and intelligence from FBI hadnt fully caught on to it, in 1980 there was files on about 80 wiseguys, now it's about 1500. It's pretty impossible to run your rackets now since they're carefully monitered, and with RICO, the fate of 30+ years in prison appeals to no one.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Would you join? - 08/23/01 04:42 AM

would i join? yeah i would i know my life would probably be short but i would still join. if i joined and i was told to whack someone i would do it because i was told to.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Would you join? - 08/23/01 04:43 AM

would i join? yeah i would i know my life would probably be short but i would still join. if i joined and i was told to whack someone i would do it because i was told to.
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Would you join? - 08/23/01 05:06 AM

just to be in something that was once and kinda still very strong gets my vote for joining.

Re: Would you join? - 08/23/01 05:34 AM

Well it depends what you consider strong. Only two families are currently still respectable in their strength but after the may 2000 stock scam bust even they've temporarily lost some footing. Also, think of it this way: You enter the Cosa Nostra, you're a soldier and considered killable if you do a single thing wrong. Other than that, you risk getting caught or convicted of a murder you committed (and you will be ordered to kill, it's not like John Gotti who killed 1 man then became the boss of the family a couple years later), and being put in prison for the rest of your life. Should you be lucky and survive to become the next Tony Soprano, you then risk a RICO trial everywhere you go. There's not a single place you can have a conversation, it'll more than likely be bugged (and the bugs today dont compare to 1990, where you could barely hear John Gotti talk over music in the appartment above Ravenite. Today the bugs hear everything with crystal clarity). And the chances of becoming boss or Underboss are slim to nil, so you'll have pretty much a nice house and car, maybe even a family, before they take it all away from you and put you in a brand new orange jumpsuit prison uniform.
Posted By: Padrino

Re: Would you join? - 08/23/01 05:39 PM

I wouldn't join a family as someone would have life and death authority over me till I moved up. I don't take well to that kind of power over me.

I think given the right circumstances I would create and start my own organization like in the early days.

I'm not a violent person but given the right provocation I could see myself doing what's necessary to protect what I had.

I wouldn't join today however. No respect, no tradition. Plus with RICO and and the sophistication the feds have, I'd be in some kind of racket till I got a certain dollar amount and then leave for good. Certain things have a statute of limitations (not murder so I'd avoid that) so I would make my money, leave the country, sweat out the statute of limitations and then resurface.

"No friend has done me a kindness or enemy a wrong that was not fully
repaid"--epitapth of Sulla, dictator of Rome

Re: Would you join? - 08/23/01 06:01 PM

That's a killer plan. Unfortunately, once you're in, you either leave in a police van or in a coffin. If you're not a made guy and have a successful racket and try to retire with your cash, your partners will come and hunt you down. That's why it's a crap life, you cant leave when you want to :p

Re: Would you join? - 08/24/01 07:37 PM

You can't leave when you want to if you joined a family. Doing your own thing, yes, you're subject to law enforcement and your 'business' competition. That's the risk of doing business. But there are people who have left the life after a certain amount. The problem is if the goal is 1 million and you reach it, most say to themselves 'that wasn't that hard' let me try for 2 million and so forth. Then the power is addictive also. I've been fortunate enough to visit places where there are guys on the lam (Brazil, Thailand). They live low key lives but have $. It can be done.
As far as today's mob, I would run a business with mob backing like a book but not be a made member. A stock scam scheme like the families were into is cool because the amount of money you rake in is worth the the risk. You get caught and that's 3-5 tops in Club Fed (low security, white colllar, fed offenses). You're out in 12-18 mos. w/good behavior. But the amount you can make, high 6 figures to millions make it worthwhile in my opinion. Plus you may even get conjugal visits if you're married at some of these. You're in there with tax evaders, wall street crooks and jailed politicians.

Re: Would you join? - 08/24/01 08:03 PM

Any reason why the penalty for that is much less than a RICO charge which olds a whopping 20+ year sentence? I never heard what happened to the wiseguys who were behind the pump and dump scam last year. I was watching a documentary on recent Russian mafia exploits, it was this enormous gas company's deal with the faction which would ensure their gas prices were lower, thus attracting more business, and also putting a "kickup" tax on the workers in the factory. It worked like a charm until the CEO put a wire on and had all the mobsters busted. Half of them got away, interestingly.
Also, I agree that greed is usually what destroys a man who runs a successful racket. They want a 1mil when you're hungry, then they get used to a big house and a lavish lifestyle and they want more, aswell as to keep the bills paid, so they go deeper into it. Until they realize they've been bugged and it's off to 20 years behind bars huh? Those guys you mentioned must have good discipline
Posted By: Dino

Re: Would you join? - 08/26/01 10:39 AM

My question to all you guys is this; if your boss tells you to kill a man, who you know, who had a wife and three kids, will you do it?

or will you break someones knee caps because they owed the family $50,000 dollars

then if you say 'yes' to that. i'll have to ask you to prove it. because, i could do really anything, up to murder, then i'll have to think about what i am doing.

now would you be prepared to kill at a drop of a hat?

if yes... then join the mob

Posted By: DonThomas

Re: Would you join? - 08/26/01 10:53 AM

I'd love to make a lot of money and then move to another country and live in luxury. If only it was as easy as it sounds!

As far as being some idiot low-level wiseguy who goes around breaking thumbs and roughing people up because they haven't paid back a loan, no way.

Re: Would you join? - 08/26/01 05:40 PM

Sure, what's wrong with killing kids and a family if there's money involved. I'd do it, only not with you watching, I dont like having witnesses. If I had to work, i'd work alone Period.

Re: Would you join? - 08/30/01 05:13 PM

Financial schemes aren't easy. Nothing that can net you hundreds of thousands or millions ever is. The risk/reward ratio when comparing that to robbing a bank, mugging, running a book, etc. in my opinion is better than joining a family.

I'll excuse myself from the 'would I kill' question because 1) I wouldn't join a family and 2) wouldn't admit it, even jokingly, here.
I'd simply say I'd do what's best for my personal interest and leave it at that.
Posted By: Don Lagrassa

Re: Would you join? - 09/20/01 03:53 AM

I work in retail....what do you think?
In all honesty I couldn't be because i'm not even a full blooded sicilian. But I probably wouldn't mind being a mob lawyer.
Posted By: Nickey

Re: Would you join? - 09/22/01 04:19 AM

If I was a male and A Sicilian...hell yeah!

I wish I could anyway!

I would join in a heartbeat!
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 01:34 AM

I would not join. The main reason being that I'm female (or I was the last time I check... *looks down* still seem to be) and the second that I would not have the nerve to be a gangster.

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 07:02 PM

The mood im in today I know I could do some real bad things. Its just self restraint keeping me calm at the minute. I hate people who go out fighting for no reason just because of aggression, but thats the way I feel right now. But I wont let it get the best of me. Anyone know any good relaxing techniques?

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 07:19 PM

make a batch of popcorn or take a bar of chocolate, beverage of your choice, and a good movie. sit down on a comfortable couch/chair/floor and watch said movie. after it's over, get up. If still feeling that way, watch another movie.

works for me.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz Skywalker:
make a batch of popcorn or take a bar of chocolate, beverage of your choice, and a good movie. sit down on a comfortable couch/chair/floor and watch said movie. after it's over, get up. If still feeling that way, watch another movie.

works for me.

Good one. I like your strategy.

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz Skywalker:

works for me.

Liz - He's trying to get relaxed, not fat.

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey Montana:

Hahaha! If I'm frustrated everyday, I'd be dead!

Re: Would you join? - 09/23/01 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joey Montana:

true.

ok, addendum: after relaxing by watching the fattening idiot-box, go to the gym for a few hours. Kill yourself on the track, the bikes, and whatever items of torture they employ at that place of worship to the god of pain. smile. you're skinny and healthy. then go bing on pizza.

Posted By: Don Rico

Re: Would you join? - 09/24/01 02:15 AM

Smoke a spliff.

Re: Would you join? - 09/24/01 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rico:
Smoke a spliff.

You'll definitely want a chocolate bar after that.

Re: Would you join? - 09/24/01 02:49 AM

Humor seems to rule this board.

*SEEMS*

Re: Would you join? - 09/24/01 01:14 PM

I'm in a lot better mood today. Excuse my langauge but I had a very shitty fuck**g day yesterday.

Anyway Donnie Brasco was on last night and I saw it for the first time and it was great so I think that helped. And I pigged out on food anyway but it doesn't matter because I could do with putting a bit more weight on. I'm fit enough to get away with it.
Posted By: Devin

Re: Would you join? - 09/24/01 02:43 PM

I will reply to my own post I think. I would defintly join. I think there is more than just joining. You have to earn respect from everybody or else you will just get laughed at. If anybody ever tries to bring dishonor to my family name or harm my name that is just like signing your death certificate. I will kill anybody who brings dirt to my name. To the guy who asked would I kill at the drop of a hat. Only if it was neccerary ,but I would. There is more ways to kill other than just guns. I would use poisin and other means that I will keep to myself.

That is my reply to my post.

Re: Would you join? - 09/24/01 07:53 PM

Quote:
I think there is more than just joining. You have to earn respect from everybody or else you will just get laughed at.
That is my reply to my post.

Come on Devin, from what planet are you. On this one (Earth) are more ways to earn respect.
Posted By: Diamond Joe Esposito

Re: Would you join? - 10/25/01 12:44 AM

I want to get into politics, so its just as bad as teh mafia, if not worse. The Mafia today is more like a training ground for the big wigs and fat cats in the government and businesses all over the world. But If you want to be even more general, the whole established power structure in the world is a mafia. Kay was very nieve when she said, "But senators and presidents don't have men killed," and Mike was right to call her on it.
Posted By: t_soprano

Re: Would you join? - 12/18/01 11:02 PM

In the words of Tony Soprano:

"Once you enter this family, there's no gettin' out".
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Would you join? - 12/19/01 06:40 PM

There's no percentage in joining an organized crime family, if recent events are any indication. You have to do a miserable apprenticeship, and if and when you get "made," you have to kick at least half of your earnings upstairs (and get kicked if you don't earn), plus everyone around you is either gonna kill you or inform on you.
Consider this quote from "The Digger's Game" by George V. Higgins, one of the best crime novels ever (in a league with GF and Higgins' earlier "The Friends of Eddie Coyle"):
"Sooner or later they catch up with some guy, got made the same time you did, he's gonna spill his guts as usual, like every other goddamned g***** I hear about lately. Then you go to bed at night, you got a state cop under the window. In the morning, you get up, FGI onna doorstep. The afternoon, you're having lunch, Treasury guys swap the FBI guys off. Internal Revenue in the dinnertime. F*** that. My idea, getting made's a great idea, you want police protection. Otherwise, f*** it."
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Would you join? - 12/19/01 09:54 PM

I'd do it...I'd have to be a boss, though
Posted By: Youngstown

Re: Would you join? - 12/21/01 05:03 PM

Most mob guys I know are scary, half-illiterate, incredibly boring, people. Not the Shakespearean, eloquent characters in GF. The GF is a brilliant film, and should be viewed as such.
Posted By: giovanni

Re: Would you join? - 12/22/01 02:34 AM

What's the point in joining? The "mafia" doesn't have any clout anymore, so by joining what you're really doing is putting your hand up to law enforcement agencies and saying "I wanna be a tough guy, put me in jail". If you're looking for tainted money then you're better off going on the identity fraud path and be your own "man".
Posted By: Jorus

Re: Would you join? - 12/22/01 04:58 AM

I would not join. I love reading mob-inspired novels, I love watching mafia-inspired films. But that doesn't mean I endorse the "business." I enjoy the romanticized stories, but I wouldn't want to have anything to do with the real McCoy. Killing over money? Not a chance. Dealing in drugs and prostitution? No way. Having to constantly look over my shoulder? No way to live.
Posted By: t_soprano

Re: Would you join? - 12/24/01 03:33 PM

I don't have to join.
I took my oath...I'm already in.

~Tony
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: Would you join? - 12/27/01 03:33 AM

would i join? if you asked me a decade or two ago i would have said hell fuckin yea! but now its just gay. the fuckin drugs have taken over, it aint about loyalty or anything anymore its all fuckin drugs and thats why i wouldn't join today in 2001, compared back to 1980-1985
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Would you join? - 01/19/02 03:36 PM

Thats a tough question the only way I could join is not to whack anyone. I mean i could kill some one anyone could But I dont want to spend the rest of my enternal life burning thats for damn sure. Like for an example Tom Hagan plays conslergie(sp??) he doesnt kill people he just talks for the Don. If i could have that easy part in the mob yeah i would join,If the money was right.
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: Would you join? - 01/25/02 02:53 AM

No chance, I couldnt take real orders. The only way I could become a mafioso is if I started from scratch like Vito.
Posted By: the mattress

Re: Would you join? - 01/25/02 10:40 AM

Maybe if this was the 20s/30s and i was sicilian i would join a family, but it would be hard to go about making your bones and becoming a made man nowadays. I couldent see myself being a capo though, as im far too reckless
Posted By: Don Paulie

Re: Would you join? - 01/27/02 12:55 PM

I would love to join the world of organised crime, but I have no Italian or Sicilian connections, which I would prefer to have to actully be involved. It would also be better to be a made guy and have earned the respect from my superiors, but I've heard its harder to be a made guy nowadays. I dont think i'd have a problem killing anybody, if it was nessecary for the family to survive. But joining is just a dream many of us wish was a reality after watching the Godfather trilogy for the 5th time.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Would you join? - 02/01/02 08:29 PM

maybe ill join. . . but i think i have more trouble whacking someone and in drugs . . . .
Quote:
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Gangster." - Henry Hill
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: Would you join? - 02/20/02 12:57 AM

I would definitely join. Imagine the power, money and connections, hehehe. I would have the guts to do something unique to earn money. It can be tiring for people to boss you around, scold you for no reason and still earn less.
Posted By: Don Mataya

Re: Would you join? - 02/20/02 01:16 AM

Everyone talks about how they couldnt kill anyone. But I think that I could kill someone if i was pushed to the limit, or if the rewards were great enough. So the answer to the question is: YES I would definitely join. Except I would stay away from drugs!
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: Would you join? - 02/20/02 02:06 AM

i would join in a hearbeat and thats all i got to say about that
Posted By: Jade

Re: Would you join? - 04/02/02 04:42 AM

I wouldn't join! Number one, although I'm Sicilian, I am a female. Also I could not kill someone. I couldn't face myself in the mirror knowing I killed someone. The "Mafia" does intrigue me, but that does not mean I approve of what they do. There are some people in the "Mafia" who I like, I'll admit that. I just do not like what they do. Anyways, there is no "Mafia."( )
Posted By: Don Cortisone

Re: Would you join? - 04/02/02 09:47 AM

Quote:
If you were allowed to become part in some form of organized crime work or "mafia" would you?
Depends... If the working condtions are fine, like with the Corleones, I would. Like in Goodfellas, I wouldn't.

No problems with ethics and so on...
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Would you join? - 04/05/02 04:33 AM

look at my name and answer the question yourself. I would have no problem killing a new born baby and it's mother . This world sucks and it's full of deceit i'd be doing the boy a favor plus he's innocent so he'd go to heaven. It'd be better for him .

just look at the name and answer the question .
Posted By: Jade

Re: Would you join? - 04/05/02 04:39 AM

How can you join the "Mafia," if it does not exist? It's just Italian bias and Hollywood stuff!
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Would you join? - 04/05/02 04:43 AM

i was wondering some of the requirements to join . I'm 93%Italian(pretty sure i'm sicilian) 5%Irish and 2%German.(but i consider myself a full blooded Italian.
Posted By: FORGET ABOUT IT

Re: Would you join? - 04/10/02 11:02 PM

i would never join the mafia.it is fun to know about and all that.i'm sicilian,but still wouldn't join.Not even if the money was a big amount.
Posted By: Don Munoz

Re: Would you join? - 04/11/02 01:19 AM

These days I would never consider joining. Back in La Cosa Nostra's golden days(1900-1930's) things were different. For a long time, there were no rats. They honored the law of Omerta. The mobsters of today are a disgrace to people like Lansky and Luciano. Today, "This thing of ours" is more like "This thing of mine".
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET